SKSE, animation

I installed Skyrim a couple of Days ago. I have never played it Before untill that. I have downloaded many mods that I tried to install. Then I found out that there were 2 versions of the game and I had Special Ediction. But I haven't noticed it Before. So the mods are for different versions too. I have removed the mods that are not suitable (I guess so). But the game doesn't work as supposed to. For example it writes that SKSE is not intalled or old one though I have installed the latest version by Vortex. It is written that SKSE is version 0.0.0. Another problem is that the characters don't move (they move without mods but not with mods). So there is no animations except of animals although I can move around myself. I have spent 2 Days trying to fix the problem and I would appreciate any help. As I has written already, I am completely new to the game.

SKSE has to be installed manually.

Also check out the groups 'Foundation', 'SKSE', 'UI' and 'Area' of my 'Skyrim for Beginners'. Those cover the basic needs for Skyrim (but disregard 'Joy of Perspective' for now. I'm working on a better solution for that one ;)).

1 hour ago, Aylis said:

You do need a mod manager (i prefer MO2) if you do not want to do everything manually. But that might even turn off a masochist... ;)

I have installed MO2 but I don't understand how to use it. Should I add SKSE to it and how? I have downloaded DynDolod too but I don't know how to install it. 

13 minutes ago, PRSTUV said:

I have installed MO2 but I don't understand how to use it

A step in the right direction for sure. Now you just need to learn how to use it. Otherwise you'll have no idea about how to deal with basic tasks. For MO2 there is an extensive video series by Gopher about how to do basic stuff, the videos are a bit old and long, but it's a good resource if you need a video. There is also my guide with written instructions + screenshots to set the basic stuff in place. After you're comfortable with MO2 you could give Aylis guide a try.

17 minutes ago, PRSTUV said:

Should I add SKSE to it and how?

No, manually. You can add the scripts using MO2 at most, but a manual install is okay.

18 minutes ago, PRSTUV said:

I have downloaded DynDolod too but I don't know how to install it. 

Bad combo here, DynDOLOD has a manual and install instructions in the description/download. If you keep downloading stuff without reading its instructions you'll have a problem. Especially with DynDOLOD, where the answer to most questions is Read The Funtastic Manual.

Tutorial video for MO2 is linked in my guide.

There's also a guide for DynDOLOD (with screenshots for the settings) and a prepared ini for it (in the files section).

BUT, you'll have to read a lot and follow the instructions. Otherwise it will not work out... And ASK if you are unsure about something.

The problem is that I can't just install DynDolod. I must install sselodgen first and many other mods. So it takes several steps. And it is just the Foundation, I mean these mods don't do anything "visible" so far. One question. Do I Always need to start the game by clicking on skse?

1 hour ago, PRSTUV said:

The problem is that I can't just install DynDolod. I must install sselodgen first and many other mods. So it takes several steps. And it is just the Foundation, I mean these mods don't do anything "visible" so far. One question. Do I Always need to start the game by clicking on skse?

wow, ofc  you must start game SKSE every time....

On 3/24/2020 at 3:09 AM, Aylis said:

There's also a guide for DynDOLOD (with screenshots for the settings) and a prepared ini for it (in the files section).

BUT, you'll have to read a lot and follow the instructions. Otherwise it will not work out... And ASK if you are unsure about something.

I tried to install Everything from your guidelines. I got a message that:

You have one or more form 43 plugins. They are:

• DW.esp
• Joy of Perspective.esp
• SexLab Inflation Framework.esp
• SexLab_Dialogues.esp
• SexLabDefeat.esp
• SLALAnimObjBillyy.esp
• SOS - Shop.esp
• SOSRaceMenu.esp

Form 43 plugins are modules that were made for Skyrim LE (Oldrim) and have not been properly ported to Skyrim Special Edition, which uses form 44 plugins. This usually results in parts of the mod not working correctly.

To be converted, these plugins simply need to be opened and saved with the SSE Creation Kit but their presence can be an indication that a mod was not properly ported to SSE and so can potentially have additional issues.

Online guides can have more information on how to correctly convert mods for Skyrim SE.

On 3/24/2020 at 3:09 AM, Aylis said:

I got also message that Mod Organizer is locked when Skyrim.exe is running.

16 hours ago, Aylis said:

1. Ignore those messages. The mods have been ported but the ID was left on 43 on purpose.

2. MO2 works with a virtual install - you don't want to mess with that while the game is running.

It seems that some mods work but some don't. Is it important in what order I install them? And I have noticed that Skyrim (not special edition) has more mods. Is it possible to use them somehow?

23 hours ago, Aylis said:

1. Ignore those messages. The mods have been ported but the ID was left on 43 on purpose.

2. MO2 works with a virtual install - you don't want to mess with that while the game is running.

At last I succeeded to install skse correctlly. I tried 20 times I guess. Had to be familiar to MO2 and make many misstakes.

On 3/25/2020 at 4:40 AM, Aylis said:

My decorative mods work but not the actions mods. Anternate start doesn't work.

20 hours ago, PRSTUV said:

It seems that some mods work but some don't. Is it important in what order I install them? And I have noticed that Skyrim (not special edition) has more mods. Is it possible to use them somehow?

Yes. Did you read the section 'Installation'?

No. Its either LE or SE.

20 minutes ago, PRSTUV said:

My decorative mods work but not the actions mods. Anternate start doesn't work.

That might be the loadorder.

6 hours ago, Aylis said:

Yes. Did you read the section 'Installation'?

No. Its either LE or SE.

That might be the loadorder.

Sorry to say that but I have found better manual. Here: http://www.predcaliber.com/skyrimsetut There are some videos too so it is possible to see what it look like. It works so far I install the mods. Although that manual is not completely correct. I followed these steps: 1. Install Skyrim. 2. Start to play Skyrim till Riverwood and a Little bit more. 3. Install MO2. 4. Clean. 5. Install skse. Then follow the manual (install Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch, cutting room floor, a quality World map, etc). I mean none manual is perfect.

Archived