Nemesis Engine + SexLab - compatible?

15 hours ago, Elrond_Hubbard said:

I'd love to use Nemesis, but my issue is, when I install it, it always duplicates the existing animations (I have about 14000 per FNIS's count) and adds Nemesis on top, which leaves me with 28,000 animations, which appears to be over the limit, which cases me to not be able  to animate, basically. I just kind of slide around on the ground in my idle positions. Can't draw/stow weapons, jump, or interact with anything, presumably because the animations for all those actions are in the "overflow" section that is beyond Nemesis' capacity.

I've tried installing it a bunch of different ways but it *always, always* duplicates existing animations.

I think Nemesis counts differently than FNIS, resulting in a higher total number (something about genders I think), so not indicative of a problem per se.  Although it is possible your configuration is treating the 'same' animations as new ones when Nemesis runs (which would actually be double registering them).  Beyond me at this point.

Troubleshooting:

If you have not yet tried it yet, go into the MCM and in SLAL, reset/unregister everything, wait for completion, save, exit to desktop, re-load, save again and exit (this second save is to ensure no leftovers were stuck in memory). Always wait for the load tasks to finish (about 1 minute) before saving/doing anything.

if using creature animations: disable Nemesis, enable and run fnis, click the remove creatures button before re-generating (review the output log), then disable just the main mod, leaving the generated files behind.

Enable and run Nemesis, load second save, re-register via SLAL, wait, test

Might flush out the issue.

Alternative: test with a new character to see if the issue is can be reproduced, if yes, then you have to flush your game directory of anything that is clobbering animations, skeletons, meshes, etc.  Once a new test character is working fine, load your save and try again.  You may have to 'reset' some or all of your mods via the MCM in case one or more are out of sync.

Disclaimer: I do get a random issue where a follower will exit a door and be on their back (not standing), but not frequent enough to care as often reloading or using the door again will resolve it.  I think its likely just my machine at this point.

Other:

-if mixing fnis and nemesis, you will have to figure out what works for your configuration regarding disabling fnis/nemesis before running nemesis/fnis.  Some users report no issues leaving both enabled, but testing methods vary (for myself: no CTD, no T-pose = good start, then I start playing and see if anything looks off).

-using MO2: for myself I disable nemesis and empty/delete the generated files from both tools before running fnis, then disable fnis and re-enable nemesis, then run nemesis (when running the game only the fnis main mod is disabled while nemesis and both generated files mods are enabled).

Good luck.

On 10/22/2020 at 4:57 PM, walkingwounded said:

I think Nemesis counts differently than FNIS, resulting in a higher total number (something about genders I think), so not indicative of a problem per se.  Although it is possible your configuration is treating the 'same' animations as new ones when Nemesis runs (which would actually be double registering them).  Beyond me at this point.

Troubleshooting:

If you have not yet tried it yet, go into the MCM and in SLAL, reset/unregister everything, wait for completion, save, exit to desktop, re-load, save again and exit (this second save is to ensure no leftovers were stuck in memory). Always wait for the load tasks to finish (about 1 minute) before saving/doing anything.

if using creature animations: disable Nemesis, enable and run fnis, click the remove creatures button before re-generating (review the output log), then disable just the main mod, leaving the generated files behind.

Alternative: test with a new character to see if the issue is can be reproduced, if yes, then you have to flush your game directory of anything that is clobbering animations, skeletons, meshes, etc.  Once a new test character is working fine, load your save and try again.  You may have to 'reset' some or all of your mods via the MCM in case one or more are out of sync.

Disclaimer: I do get a random issue where a follower will exit a door and be on their back (not standing), but not frequent enough to care as often reloading or using the door again will resolve it.  I think its likely just my machine at this point.

Other:

-if mixing fnis and nemesis, you will have to figure out what works for your configuration regarding disabling fnis/nemesis before running nemesis/fnis.  Some users report no issues leaving both enabled, but testing methods vary (for myself: no CTD, no T-pose = good start, then I start playing and see if anything looks off).

-using MO2: for myself I disable nemesis and empty/delete the generated files from both tools before running fnis, then disable fnis and re-enable nemesis, then run nemesis (when running the game only the fnis main mod is disabled while nemesis and both generated files mods are enabled).

Good luck.

I think I'll try this. I do have creatures on and I think this might actually work from the way you've described it.

Here is how I use Fnis alongside nemesis, run Fnis first, disable Fnis plugin, run nemesis, then you're good to go. Kepp fnis plugin disabled.

In nemesis, I have combat gameplay overhaul. jump behavior overhaul and movement behavior overhaul, now having all them checked , nemesis will crash, so I only have combat gameplay overhaul checked when running nemesis, but jbo and mbo still works ingame.

A CTD once in a while but that's probably cause I'm running 500+ mods on a weak CPU.

• 3 months later...
On 10/22/2020 at 11:57 PM, walkingwounded said:

Troubleshooting:

Other:

Good luck.

Hey Man ı Tryed the way you described it and my nemesis getting stuck at 99% after i click launch nemesis button so can u tell me how to fix this 

thanks already.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/28/2020 at 1:56 AM, walkingwounded said:

Summary for MO2 users (needs testing):

1. read the post here: https://github.com/ShikyoKira/Project-New-Reign---Nemesis-Main/issues/98
  2. in MO2 ensure these are in this order top to bottom (check the esp list on the right as well):
    • FNIS - Main mod
    • FNIS - Spells
    • FNIS - Creatures
    • FNIS - Data (generated files from overwrite folder)
    • Nemesis - Main mod
    • Nemesis PCEA
    • Nemesis - Data (generated files from overwrite folder)
    • Dynamic Animation Replacer (optional)
    • (SLAL and animation packs)
    • (other SL mods)
  3. temporarily disable Nemesis - Main mod
  4. run FNIS to generate new files (check the overwrite folder too)
  5. disable FNIS - Main mod
  6. enable Nemesis - Main mod
  7. run Nemesis, generate new files (check the overwrite folder too)
    • if Nemesis created a new fnis.esp move it to the "Nemesis - Data" folder and position it on the right side above the Nemesis esp file.  This file exists to handle legacy animation files that are hard coded to look for it (I think)
  8. repeat 3 thru 7 if installing/removing creature animations (or make part of your "do it anyway" procedure)
  9. In-game, Mod Manager
    •  use SLAL to register animations again, reset creature framework, make sure creature anims enabled in SexLab options etc etc...

I have not tested this myself, but plan to (gotta make a backup first).  Not sure about handling other mods like MNC overwriting any of the Nemesis/FNIS generated files if they load later (testing required).

works unless you try to use the devious devices framework...for some fucking reason. i went through all of my mods one at a time so i know its dd. always ctd on startup

• 3 months later...

I cant seem to get the two to work using Vortex. Everything FNIS related works fine, but then as soon as I enable Nemesis and run it (also tried disabling the FNIS XXL mod only, then again but also disabling creatures and spells) the game CTDS before it even loads the main menu. Any support or advice? 

People keep talking on here about outputs, is this relevant to vortex?

Edited by ahsdg
On 7/28/2020 at 1:56 AM, walkingwounded said:

Summary for MO2 users (needs testing):

1. read the post here: https://github.com/ShikyoKira/Project-New-Reign---Nemesis-Main/issues/98
  2. in MO2 ensure these are in this order top to bottom (check the esp list on the right as well):
    • FNIS - Main mod
    • FNIS - Spells
    • FNIS - Creatures
    • FNIS - Data (generated files from overwrite folder)
    • Nemesis - Main mod
    • Nemesis PCEA
    • Nemesis - Data (generated files from overwrite folder)
    • Dynamic Animation Replacer (optional)
    • (SLAL and animation packs)
    • (other SL mods)
  3. temporarily disable Nemesis - Main mod
  4. run FNIS to generate new files (check the overwrite folder too)
  5. disable FNIS - Main mod
  6. enable Nemesis - Main mod
  7. run Nemesis, generate new files (check the overwrite folder too)
    • if Nemesis created a new fnis.esp move it to the "Nemesis - Data" folder and position it on the right side above the Nemesis esp file.  This file exists to handle legacy animation files that are hard coded to look for it (I think)
  8. repeat 3 thru 7 if installing/removing creature animations (or make part of your "do it anyway" procedure)
  9. In-game, Mod Manager
    •  use SLAL to register animations again, reset creature framework, make sure creature anims enabled in SexLab options etc etc...

I have not tested this myself, but plan to (gotta make a backup first).  Not sure about handling other mods like MNC overwriting any of the Nemesis/FNIS generated files if they load later (testing required).

Is Step5 actually required? I did a quick test without it and animations seemed to work. Is there some full set of tests I need to do to be sure?

• 1 year later...
On 9/11/2020 at 7:56 AM, nagothm said:

Post #19 works here as well with MO2, first time to have everything working with Nemesis.  The only issue I see is that a lot of times when starting an animation sequence, characters will float in the air for a second or two flapping their arms as if falling.  Has anyone else experienced this, and more importantly, does anyone have a fix?

I'm still experiencing it now, and I second asking for a fix as this issue is the hardest I've ever had to deal with and it has been plaguing me for 5 years.

On 1/4/2023 at 1:19 PM, NNS10 said:

NNS10, this site says I have 62 replies to what I said, but the only one it lets me see when I click on the replies button is yours, how do I see the rest? Also, Creature Behavior Generator says I need to do some things to make it work that I don't know how to do. I tried googling them but, as usual, google was completely useless to me in finding out how. I need to know how to create a config file for it from the FNIS config file which I need to find, then I need to extract the duration of my creature animations with HKXcmd.exe which won't even open. It's the human animations I need to fix anyway, which apparently aren't compatible with Creature Behavior Generator. Thank you for trying though and if anyone has answers to all this, please feel free to respond to this post with those answers. Thank you in advance to anyone that does.