[Wip] Official Tnt Custom Race Thread - Or, What The Femboy Idea Turned Into

Well I may have excellent news everyone. I once again looked aroun the net to see if anyone had made flat chested normal maps for CBBE and I just found out that Fair Skin Complexion has that option. I'll test it ingame and see if it fits the custom body just fine.
If it does I'll tweak it a bit in photoshop to make it match my body better (like removing the vagina bumps from it and moving the nipples to where you'd expect to find them on a male).
If this works out it'd mean that the hardest and toughest roadblock ever will be finally over and it will allow the development of the mod to continue.

EDIT: About the SSE version of the mod, I had originally intended to port simply the oldrim version to it, but Caliente released an improved version of CBBE and Bodyslide, with higher res meshes and maps. DUe to that I'll probably give it a go and remake it from scratch for it (which will very likely be much quicker now that I know how to do the whole process).

Well I may have excellent news everyone. I once again looked aroun the net to see if anyone had made flat chested normal maps for CBBE and I just found out that Fair Skin Complexion has that option. I'll test it ingame and see if it fits the custom body just fine.

If it does I'll tweak it a bit in photoshop to make it match my body better (like removing the vagina bumps from it and moving the nipples to where you'd expect to find them on a male).

If this works out it'd mean that the hardest and toughest roadblock ever will be finally over and it will allow the development of the mod to continue.

EDIT: About the SSE version of the mod, I had originally intended to port simply the oldrim version to it, but Caliente released an improved version of CBBE and Bodyslide, with higher res meshes and maps. DUe to that I'll probably give it a go and remake it from scratch for it (which will very likely be much quicker now that I know how to do the whole process).

I'm glad you may have found a solution to your biggest setback! I hope it all works out in the end and can't thank you enough for still continuing on with the project!!!  :D  :heart:

I'm glad you may have found a solution to your biggest setback! I hope it all works out in the end and can't thank you enough for still continuing on with the project!!!  :D  :heart:

You're very welcome ^^

I do intend to fully complete the project since I've gone so far in the progress that cancelling everything would flat out be a waste. So from now on it'll be onwards only ^^.

Actually I should thank you and everyone else in this thread for the continued support :D

So quick update on my end: I remade the femboy race because I broke it last time and this time I loaded in the Fair Skin Complexion flat chested normal map and it looks way better than before :D I still had shadows under the "breasts" but it's because I used the generic CBBE texture just for the sake of testing.
I also tried again the whole "swap the gender animations" but for whatever reason it breaks the animations for the race (I get the T-pose again). I'm sure that there's a solution to that issue but IDK how to fix that (if I can't then no biggie, I'll just keep the two genders separate with their separate animations, or just point the players towards a mod that allows to set the animations you want for your character, but OFC I want to avoid having to do that). I'm gonna fork around on my end to see if I can find any leads on avoiding the "T-pose of death" while copying the whole orc race setup on that matter.

I actually have recently posted a femboy Race Mod: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/87391-femboy-race-reborn/

If you are interested. ^^

Heyo everyone

Just a quick update on the mod status.
I have started to work on the "fat" mesh and it's progressing pretty well.
Simultaneously I started looking a bit in depth with the whole Outfit Studio part and I actually wanted to know if anyone here knows how to use Shrinkwrap modifiers in 3ds max They're mentioned in the guide as a "go to" way to make the proper conversion references. I didn't manage to find them so I was wondering if any of you did ^^ (tutorial is this one.)

I'll also try to start on working on the proper breakdown of the mod, more specifically on the "What's done and what's left to do" part, so you can have a clear checklist and easily see how things are progressing.

That's all for now :)

As usual I'll keep you all updated as I make progress ^^

11 hours ago, ItalianDragon said:

Heyo everyone

Just a quick update on the mod status.
I have started to work on the "fat" mesh and it's progressing pretty well.
Simultaneously I started looking a bit in depth with the whole Outfit Studio part and I actually wanted to know if anyone here knows how to use Shrinkwrap modifiers in 3ds max They're mentioned in the guide as a "go to" way to make the proper conversion references. I didn't manage to find them so I was wondering if any of you did ^^ (tutorial is this one.)

I'll also try to start on working on the proper breakdown of the mod, more specifically on the "What's done and what's left to do" part, so you can have a clear checklist and easily see how things are progressing.

That's all for now :)

As usual I'll keep you all updated as I make progress ^^

I use Blender so I can't help you there, though I would suggest to use shrinkwraps only as a last resort. Outfit Studio has conversion references for virtually any body type ever made for Skyrim and FO4 (and some Oblivion body shapes as well), so you should use shrinkwraps only for heavily customized bodies or assets from other games.

What you need to do is from step 5 onward in the tutorial you linked, but you don't need any external tool; you export your femboy body shape as an .obj in Outfit Studio, then load a cbbe base shape, create a slider, select it and, in the slider menu,  select import slider data-> import .obj. If the vertex count matches it will convert the cbbe base shape to your femboy body shappe. That will be the conversion reference you will use to convert all the armors.

No need to overcomplicate the process, most of the resources are already there.

3 hours ago, Jarka Ruus said:

I use Blender so I can't help you there, though I would suggest to use shrinkwraps only as a last resort. Outfit Studio has conversion references for virtually any body type ever made for Skyrim and FO4 (and some Oblivion body shapes as well), so you should use shrinkwraps only for heavily customized bodies or assets from other games.

What you need to do is from step 5 onward in the tutorial you linked, but you don't need any external tool; you export your femboy body shape as an .obj in Outfit Studio, then load a cbbe base shape, create a slider, select it and, in the slider menu,  select import slider data-> import .obj. If the vertex count matches it will convert the cbbe base shape to your femboy body shappe. That will be the conversion reference you will use to convert all the armors.

Thanks for the tip Jarka ! :D That indeed looks simpler than the other process (I looked at a few vids and shrinkwraps seem complicated af so....).

On 18/11/2017 at 11:58 AM, Jarka Ruus said:

Well I'll be damned, I just gave it a try and it worked instantaneously o.o
I don't see any errors with the mesh or anything. That said it doesn't surprise me as Mudbox only retopologises the mesh but doesn't seem to funk around with the vertex count (I actually looked at the slim mesh and the amount of quads is rigorously identical to the one I generated with BodySlide so ^^.
In all cases that's another trouble out of the way :D . I'm gonna save the conversion preset and try to do a bit of converting and see what happens ^^

The biggest issues are generally related to the breasts, that's why, if you can, avoid converting outfits that use body shapes with huge melons like uunp or chsbhc. Another tip is using the mask tool to select areas you DO NOT want to convert.

For example,let's say the outfit you want to convert has customized breasts that don't belong to any of the known body mod; you first reduce them as much as you can using bodyslide presets, then you mask the chest area and select slider->set base shape; now when you select conform you'll notice that as you move a slider the rest of the body will transform except the chest area. Afterwards of course you'll have to work on it manually but it still will be much less work.

You could start with outfits that have a simple topology and then go to more complex shapes as you learn the ropes.

3 hours ago, Jarka Ruus said:

The biggest issues are generally related to the breasts, that's why, if you can, avoid converting outfits that use body shapes with huge melons like uunp or chsbhc. Another tip is using the mask tool to select areas you DO NOT want to convert.

For example,let's say the outfit you want to convert has customized breasts that don't belong to any of the known body mod; you first reduce them as much as you can using bodyslide presets, then you mask the chest area and select slider->set base shape; now when you select conform you'll notice that as you move a slider the rest of the body will transform except the chest area. Afterwards of course you'll have to work on it manually but it still will be much less work.

You could start with outfits that have a simple topology and then go to more complex shapes as you learn the ropes.

Yeah that's the main issue I've had with the test conversions I've done. I guess that it's more troublesome here because unlike with other female armor we aren't going from "regular breasts -> big breasts" and vice-versa but we're going "breasts->no breasts", and that's where the problem is.
I've practiced quite a bit before to train for outfit conversions and such so that shouldn't be too much of a problem although some outfits still prove to be tricky to convert sadly.

3 hours ago, ItalianDragon said:

Yeah that's the main issue I've had with the test conversions I've done. I guess that it's more troublesome here because unlike with other female armor we aren't going from "regular breasts -> big breasts" and vice-versa but we're going "breasts->no breasts", and that's where the problem is.
I've practiced quite a bit before to train for outfit conversions and such so that shouldn't be too much of a problem although some outfits still prove to be tricky to convert sadly.

Some outfits are made specifically to look best with big breasts, sometimes they even have underboob shadows baked in the textures, I try to avoid those as much as i can.

This one for instance was a pain, because the textures wouldn't come out right no matter what I tried (they looked bad in the first place to be honest).5a134f5e3d42e_Senzatitolo.thumb.png.7460a19352d9aeba02c27f9533f39824.png

Edited by Jarka Ruus
20 hours ago, Jarka Ruus said:

Some outfits are made specifically to look best with big breasts, sometimes they even have underboob shadows baked in the textures, I try to avoid those as much as i can.

This one for instance was a pain, because the textures wouldn't come out right no matter what I tried (they looked bad in the first place to be honest).5a134f5e3d42e_Senzatitolo.thumb.png.7460a19352d9aeba02c27f9533f39824.png

Yeah some outfits are a pain to convert specifically because of that. In fact most of them are like that.
I also noticed that full chest armors are easier to convert than those with open chest (maybe that's because when it's an open chest armor it needs more fine-tuning to look good unlike an outfit where the body is covered).

1 hour ago, ItalianDragon said:

Yeah some outfits are a pain to convert specifically because of that. In fact most of them are like that.
I also noticed that full chest armors are easier to convert than those with open chest (maybe that's because when it's an open chest armor it needs more fine-tuning to look good unlike an outfit where the body is covered).

Indeed, on the other hand the armors with full plate are way easier to convert. It's even easier when it's full armor since there's not skin showing, though that's not fun:cool:

Either way I try to avoid cleavage because it looks akward with a flat chest. Also avoid outfits like the one above with patterns, those dots were brutal.

When there are outfits with belts I usually mask at least the metal parts, since they tend to get deformed.

Overall Outfit Studio, while it can't be compared to professional 3d editing programs, is quite a powerful tool once you get the hang of it.

20 hours ago, Jarka Ruus said:

Indeed, on the other hand the armors with full plate are way easier to convert. It's even easier when it's full armor since there's not skin showing, though that's not fun:cool:

Either way I try to avoid cleavage because it looks akward with a flat chest. Also avoid outfits like the one above with patterns, those dots were brutal.

When there are outfits with belts I usually mask at least the metal parts, since they tend to get deformed.

Overall Outfit Studio, while it can't be compared to professional 3d editing programs, is quite a powerful tool once you get the hang of it.

Yeah, belts are a nightmare because of the buckles. Another type of armor that gives me trouble are armors that have pieces with elaborate geometry such as the Merta Assassin armor. It can be converted but oh boy it's one helluva pain to do x_X
And you're right, where's the fun if there's no challenge ^^

• 1 month later...

Heyo everyone !

I wanted to apologise for the fairly long silence compared to my usual update posts about this mod.
So I've tinkered some more with the WIP mod and noticed that the first-person arms don't match so that's another minor issue I'll have to fix ( I'm fairly sure it's just like the rest of the meshes of the mod on that matter so it's more a matter of "where do I need to do it" than "is it doable ?").

I've also practiced some more in the field of outfit converting and I've started to look at armor conversion packs aimed at the CBBE body. Right now I'm more hesitant about whether going for a skimpy version of the vanilla outfits to port or just go for a port of the vanilla ones to the femboy body (I haven't decided yet but I'm leaning towards the second option).

Now there's another good news and it's that I've contacted on the Nexus HHaleyy, the author of Fair Skin Complexion about the normal maps. I did so because while they fit well on the body I made, I wasn't sure they were free to modify and given how I've seen mods who had to be taken down because they used content made by other modders without the required consent, well I didn't want to have this happen to the femboy mod as well. Welll the good news is that HHaleyy confirmed to me that the normal maps can indeed be modified freely. This means that I'll start working with TexBlend to merge together some normal maps made for regular male bodies with the femboy mod to get a proper map.

I'm still working on the "fat" mesh (I'm still not satisfied with how it looks so I'm gonna redo some things and polish it some more ) so that's why you didn't see screenshots of it yet.

Also I'll be leaving for holidays after Christmas on the 27th of December and I'll return home on the 10th of January. In the meantime as usual I won't be able to work on the modelling side of the project but I'll still do plenty of research on a few things related to the mod itself (like the replacement of the first person hands for the body mesh as example).
As a small bonus I'm attaching to the post an example of how the normal maps will look like. The example right there is a blent of the flat chested normal map from Fair Complexion and the battle-hardened body textures. It still needs t a bit of refining (notice how the vagina is still present as example) but technically it can be used in-game.

In all cases like last year I'll still keep an eye on this thread so even if I won't work all that much on it I'll drop a few comments every now and then :smile:

So that's all for now and I wish you all a merry christmas and a happy new 2018 who (I hope) will bring a release of this mod at last)

Cheers !

femalebody_1_msn_muscle_flatchested.png

3 hours ago, ItalianDragon said:

Heyo everyone !

I wanted to apologise for the fairly long silence compared to my usual update posts about this mod.
So I've tinkered some more with the WIP mod and noticed that the first-person arms don't match so that's another minor issue I'll have to fix ( I'm fairly sure it's just like the rest of the meshes of the mod on that matter so it's more a matter of "where do I need to do it" than "is it doable ?").

I've also practiced some more in the field of outfit converting and I've started to look at armor conversion packs aimed at the CBBE body. Right now I'm more hesitant about whether going for a skimpy version of the vanilla outfits to port or just go for a port of the vanilla ones to the femboy body (I haven't decided yet but I'm leaning towards the second option).

Now there's another good news and it's that I've contacted on the Nexus HHaleyy, the author of Fair Skin Complexion about the normal maps. I did so because while they fit well on the body I made, I wasn't sure they were free to modify and given how I've seen mods who had to be taken down because they used content made by other modders without the required consent, well I didn't want to have this happen to the femboy mod as well. Welll the good news is that HHaleyy confirmed to me that the normal maps can indeed be modified freely. This means that I'll start working with TexBlend to merge together some normal maps made for regular male bodies with the femboy mod to get a proper map.

I'm still working on the "fat" mesh (I'm still not satisfied with how it looks so I'm gonna redo some things and polish it some more ) so that's why you didn't see screenshots of it yet.

Also I'll be leaving for holidays after Christmas on the 27th of December and I'll return home on the 10th of January. In the meantime as usual I won't be able to work on the modelling side of the project but I'll still do plenty of research on a few things related to the mod itself (like the replacement of the first person hands for the body mesh as example).
As a small bonus I'm attaching to the post an example of how the normal maps will look like. The example right there is a blent of the flat chested normal map from Fair Complexion and the battle-hardened body textures. It still needs t a bit of refining (notice how the vagina is still present as example) but technically it can be used in-game.

In all cases like last year I'll still keep an eye on this thread so even if I won't work all that much on it I'll drop a few comments every now and then :smile:

So that's all for now and I wish you all a merry christmas and a happy new 2018 who (I hope) will bring a release of this mod at last)

Cheers !

Thanks for the detailed update, and Happy Holidays.

On 23/12/2017 at 11:23 PM, ItalianDragon said:

Heyo everyone !

Cheers !

Great news, I wish you a Happy Christmas and a New Year too.

Those normals are looking good, right now I'm using pure textures and they are really nice, apart from the fact they have something unnecessary between the legs. Too bad I'm terrible with texture editing.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone !

I'm finally back from vacations and I've resumed working on the femboy race.
You'll be happy to know that I've finally resolved the issue I had with first-person hands (I'm attaching the screenshot of said issue with a before/after comparison to this post).
I'll start working on the proper normal map editing ASAP (same thing with the body textures).
I'm gonna resume ASAP the work on the "fat" mesh as well.

I also wish to you all a happy new year (although those wishes are showing up a bit late ^^).

before.jpg

after.jpg

I don't know what is femboy definition here but i do like feminin boy. But with shape of boy because i love male and their shape. This is my femboy version. Maybe i can find another version of femboy in this thread. Interesting. 

Spoiler

20180116145742_1.jpg

Spoiler

20180116145702_1.jpg

Spoiler

20180116150125_1.jpg