[Wip] Official Tnt Custom Race Thread - Or, What The Femboy Idea Turned Into

Okay I remade the improved mesh but whenever I try to copy the new mesh with nifskope and overwrite the working one, this is how it looks as soon as I do that:

1502823145-ffffffffffff.png

The holes aren't present on the mesh in the file I exported out of 3ds max so it's really infuriating to see that pop out all of the sudden for no reason whatsoever.

I'm attaching the improved mesh to this post just in case someone wants to look into it.

Looks fine to me though on my laptop I have an older version of nifskope. Might be worth trying it ingame.

Just tried it and I'm getting a big ball of nope (check the screenshot below) :(

1502877625-20170816115756-1.jpg

I really have no clue why the branch copy-and-paste-over which worked fine doesn't in this case, even more so when I'm using the mesh that works as a base for the improved version :\

EDIT: the only bugs I see are messed up verts in the armpits but I have no clue why they are borked as the good model that works has them looking just fine.

EDIT2: Actually the model that works also has slightly messed armpits but it's nothing major and again I have no clue why this one works and the other doesn't :\

EDIT3: The model that works has fine looking armpits in Mudbox but they look warped in NifSkope and 3ds Max for whatever reason (check the screenshot below). With the messed up one the problem also shows up in Mudbox.

1502878593-possibleproblem.png

EDIT #21454451215 (lol) I just checked the bodyslide meshes I generated with bodyslide (duh) and the armpits already looked like that. So all in all the issue is somewhere else, figuring where is the big task at hand though :\

I took a better look at your improved mesh and it's missing skin partitions (the BSDismemberSkinInstance entry in nifskope). If I paste it over the working mesh you sent me it will result in those holes around the chest area. It's because the vertex count/order is different and it's not something that can be fixed in nifskope. For now go back to this mesh wich has the correct vertex count.

attachicon.giffemboybody_0.nif

attachicon.gifnumvertices.jpg

All righty. How can I solve that ? (I'm asking because the improved mesh looks better than the other so getting it to work ingame would be great).

First off I'd try to track down when the vertex count changes, it could be something you do or that the mesh isn't exported properly. If it's the latter export as an obj file and follow this guide (the accurate way part):

https://github.com/ousnius/BodySlide-and-Outfit-Studio/wiki/Making-a-new-conversion-reference

Okay I remade the improved mesh but whenever I try to copy the new mesh with nifskope and overwrite the working one, this is how it looks as soon as I do that:

The holes aren't present on the mesh in the file I exported out of 3ds max so it's really infuriating to see that pop out all of the sudden for no reason whatsoever.

I'm attaching the improved mesh to this post just in case someone wants to look into it.

Looks fine to me though on my laptop I have an older version of nifskope. Might be worth trying it ingame.

Just tried it and I'm getting a big ball of nope (check the screenshot below) :(

I really have no clue why the branch copy-and-paste-over which worked fine doesn't in this case, even more so when I'm using the mesh that works as a base for the improved version :\

EDIT: the only bugs I see are messed up verts in the armpits but I have no clue why they are borked as the good model that works has them looking just fine.

EDIT2: Actually the model that works also has slightly messed armpits but it's nothing major and again I have no clue why this one works and the other doesn't :\

EDIT3: The model that works has fine looking armpits in Mudbox but they look warped in NifSkope and 3ds Max for whatever reason (check the screenshot below). With the messed up one the problem also shows up in Mudbox.

EDIT #21454451215 (lol) I just checked the bodyslide meshes I generated with bodyslide (duh) and the armpits already looked like that. So all in all the issue is somewhere else, figuring where is the big task at hand though :\

I took a better look at your improved mesh and it's missing skin partitions (the BSDismemberSkinInstance entry in nifskope). If I paste it over the working mesh you sent me it will result in those holes around the chest area. It's because the vertex count/order is different and it's not something that can be fixed in nifskope. For now go back to this mesh wich has the correct vertex count.

All righty. How can I solve that ? (I'm asking because the improved mesh looks better than the other so getting it to work ingame would be great).

First off I'd try to track down when the vertex count changes, it could be something you do or that the mesh isn't exported properly. If it's the latter export as an obj file and follow this guide (the accurate way part):

https://github.com/ousnius/BodySlide-and-Outfit-Studio/wiki/Making-a-new-conversion-reference

I doubt it's the mesh exporting that causes the issues. However it's probably more the fact that I try to polish more the chest by moving the vertices, and that's probably where it causes issues (that's literally the only thing I've done to polish it up: move a few verts on each side to make everything more polished).

I doubt it's the mesh exporting that causes the issues. However it's probably more the fact that I try to polish more the chest by moving the vertices, and that's probably where it causes issues (that's literally the only thing I've done to polish it up: move a few verts on each side to make everything more polished).

The improved mesh has more vertices though (20 or so more) which leads me to think that somewhere along the way doubles are being created, maybe even on import. For now just try to track down the issue, monitor the vertex count and see when it diverges from the original cbbe body.

Otherwise OS is a nice alternative for changing a few vertices and smoothing things out without having to deal with the messy nif import/export process.

The improved mesh has more vertices though (20 or so more) which leads me to think that somewhere along the way doubles are being created, maybe even on import. For now just try to track down the issue, monitor the vertex count and see when it diverges from the original cbbe body.

Otherwise OS is a nice alternative for changing a few vertices and smoothing things out without having to deal with the messy nif import/export process.

I'll try to see if there's a way to modify a mesh in 3ds max all while leaving the vertices count untouched.

Otherwise I'll try the other way (not like I'm gonna let this setback stop me anyways :P).

Heyo everyone !

Just posting here a small update on my end.

I'm still looking into whether it's possible or not to alter a mesh's topology while preserving its vertex count.

In the meantime I've started to tinker around with Outfit Studio to train myself with the outfit conversion process (what's the point of making a custom race if no armors work with it >.>).
So far it's been pretty successful with the Negligee outfit from Blade & Soul, minus a skin texture bug with the outfit I can't seem to solve (you'll see what I mean whe you'll see the screenshot).

1503870634-20170827234311-1.jpg

The topology is fine and all but frustratingly enough the outfit looks great in Outfit Studio, looks great in the CK as well but ingame gives me this weird texture bug.

On the topic of outfits I've also been looking into how to add bulges where required with the skimpy armors but for now it's not been successful (the outfits bend in weird ways and such). It's probably something that'll work better with proper sliders and such in BodySlide/OutfitStudio.

That's all for now and as always I'll keep you updated on whatever progress I make, whether it may be forward or backwards :P

Heyo everyone !

I'm still looking into whether it's possible or not to alter a mesh's topology while preserving its vertex count.

In the meantime I've started to tinker around with Outfit Studio to train myself with the outfit conversion process (what's the point of making a custom race if no armors work with it >.>).

So far it's been pretty successful with the Negligee outfit from Blade & Soul, minus a skin texture bug with the outfit I can't seem to solve (you'll see what I mean whe you'll see the screenshot).

The topology is fine and all but frustratingly enough the outfit looks great in Outfit Studio, looks great in the CK as well but ingame gives me this weird texture bug.

On the topic of outfits I've also been looking into how to add bulges where required with the skimpy armors but for now it's not been successful (the outfits bend in weird ways and such). It's probably something that'll work better with proper sliders and such in BodySlide/OutfitStudio.

That's all for now and as always I'll keep you updated on whatever progress I make, whether it may be forward or backwards :P

Fun fact, I'm also struggling with bulges. For now, at least with see-through/skimpy outfits, it will have to be static I think. Though for outfits like tight pants or stuff like that it should actually be possible having them fully compatible with hdt and sos without too many troubles.

As for the texture issues, check the texture path in the nif and see if there's a corresponding file in the game folder, it's pretty standard but I don't know what else it could be.

Heyo everyone !

Fun fact, I'm also struggling with bulges. For now, at least with see-through/skimpy outfits, it will have to be static I think. Though for outfits like tight pants or stuff like that it should actually be possible having them fully compatible with hdt and sos without too many troubles.

As for the texture issues, check the texture path in the nif and see if there's a corresponding file in the game folder, it's pretty standard but I don't know what else it could be.

That's the whole problem. The path is right and if I try to manually point it to the textures in the nif I get purple textures so it's really weird :

Heyo everyone !

That's the whole problem. The path is right and if I try to manually point it to the textures in the nif I get purple textures so it's really weird :

Are the textures loading properly in outfit studio?

Heyo everyone !

Are the textures loading properly in outfit studio?

They are. I literally just gotta select the outfit and it loads perfectly (check the screenshot below):

1503992654-outfitinoutfitstudio.png

What's even weirder is that the preview of it in-game in the inventory is perfectly fine !

1503992848-20170829094654-1.jpg

So yes this bug is really weird :x

This sounds more like something is wrong with how the mod is set up, if it loads properly in os the mesh is fine.

BTW, it's looking good.

Yeah I figured as much. Trick is figuring out what is wrong with it :\

And thanks ! :D

Taking a closer look at the screenshot, the outfit seems fine while the body is loading the wrong textures.

This sounds more like something is wrong with how the mod is set up, if it loads properly in os the mesh is fine.

BTW, it's looking good.

Taking a closer look at the screenshot, the outfit seems fine while the body is loading the wrong textures.

I'm gonna try to force the change in the nif but IDK how that's gonna work out :\

BTW, it's looking good.

I found this thread: http://www.loverslab.com/topic/56954-weird-texture-for-certain-skin-exposing-armors/

What is strange is that the textures work everywhere.... except on my character <.<

EDIT: I think I found what's causing the issue: the default body (AKA unmodified), when loaded in Outfit Studio, under the "Partitions" tab only shows one partition named "32 SBP_32_BODY" which covers the entire body. However when I load mine it displays two with exactly the same name and the top one covers the forearms only and the second one covers everything else. I wonder if it's why I'm having these issues. I'm gonna tyr making a new one that covers the entire body and deleting the other two and see what happens.

EDIT2: Deleting them and making a new one didn't solve anything. I'm looking at the mesh in NifSkope and there's indeed two Skin Partition Blocks under NiSkinPartition whereas the original body only has one. Why I ended up with two is beyond me :x

EDIT3: The mesh I generated with BodySlide also has two skin partitions. For whatever reason the CBBE body I'm using for my NSFW playthrough of Skyrim only has one. IDK why this changed nor I know if it's what's causing problems on my end :\

• 4 weeks later...

Heyo everyone !

Sorry for the lengthy silence on my end.
I've been working on stuff related to the femboy mod (outfit conversion being the main thing, with the help of OutfitStudio).
Now as you probably remember (especially you my poor Jarka :P) the improved version had plenty of issues when I'd paste it over the working mesh and I'd get some sort of sanic version of the mod. For ages that issue was driving me completely insane.Well just this evening I realized that I've actually been an idiot for ages.
How so ? Well out of curiosity after yet another test I decided to compare a part of the working nif and the one with the improved mesh who is causing me issues. As I was listing every part one by one (as they're laid out in a specific order to make it work), I suddenly noticed that the order on the working mesh, going down the arborescence is as follows: 0 , 23, 24 . Suddenly I noticed that with the one that had issues followed this order: 0 , 1 , 2 , 3.

And that's when it dawned on me. Those who have been following this project since I joined it probably remember that I had an order issue just like this one when I started and that this disorder was causing all the issues. Well here's the catch: it's the same problem again with the improved mesh. Basically I've been running in circles ignoring the elephant in the room.

So TL;DR : $me had issue when starting the work on this mod due to incorrect branch order and it's happening again and I was just too stupid to notice that.

So now I know just what to do: sort the order basing myself on the working mesh and it'll work just fine.

On other less "I'm a derp" news I've also finally found a tool to ease the chore when moving vertices so that it does so symmetrically (found a script for 3ds max that helps with that).

I've also been looking into using custom schlong meshes for specific races with SoS (the SoS for females has specifically adjusted meshes and they fit just fine with my mod so I'd like to use these if possible).

I also wanted to see if it was possible to apply the "use opposite gender animations" setting on an entire race but sadly from what I've been able to see in the CK, that setting can only be used on a per-actor basis, meaning that I sadly can't apply it to the entire race. So I'll either follow the "Make two identical variants so that if people want their femboy to be addressed as a male they can but if they want the femboy to be mistaken as a female they can" plan or start looking into how to make an MCM menu and see if I can add a setting there that allows to use (or not) the opposite gender animations.

I'll also start to practice on how to make a proper BodySlide/Outfit Studio preset. Ideally I'd want the following sets:
Vanilla Male -> Femboy
Vanilla Female -> Femboy

CBBE -> Femboy
UNP/UNPB -> Femboy
7B -> Femboy

Given the difference also in how the female clothing is compared to the male one, and the wide variety in the outfits you can find I'd like to make three separate meshes for Outfit Studio:
- one for nonrevealing clothes who would have no bulge or anything particularily skimpy, mostly suited for vanilla unmodified armors (such as the Skaal outfits, Daedric armor,etc...)
- one with a bump to simulate the bulge for skimpy clothing that is either revealing but doesn't show skin and/or is skin tight (like a bikini, the Black Sacrament armor, Scarlet Dawn,  Triss Armor and some versions of the Merta Assassin armor as example)
- one for very revealing clothing/outfits that are either showing large amounts of the groin area and/or are pretty much see-through (like the Crazy Glass Magician Robe as example) or more broadly speaking armors that you won't find on the Nexus because they're too NSFW ( :P ) ) whith a detailed penis showing and such.

I want to follow that pattern for the sake of high quality of content but also for the sake of ease of use and immersion (having a super revealing armor but having a femboy who has no genitals and some sort of "stump" instead who is just flesh - colored isn't exactly particularily immersive, even when you're on a NSFW playthrough and/or are using these crazy asian outfit mods ^^

So that's all for now folks.
(I really need to make a proper and clear roadmap of the mod for y'all x) )

Vanilla male would be a pain, 7b and unp can both be done through uunp sliders, I would avoid 7b though as converting bodies with huge chests can prove to be annoying. Glad you managed to fix that issue.

PS. For animations people can use fnis pcea, it already has a mcm, no need to reinvent the wheel. I also use the mod that allows a custom armor path, it's not perfect but it's at least viable in this situation.

I also wanted to see if it was possible to apply the "use opposite gender animations" setting on an entire race but sadly from what I've been able to see in the CK, that setting can only be used on a per-actor basis, meaning that I sadly can't apply it to the entire race. So I'll either follow the "Make two identical variants so that if people want their femboy to be addressed as a male they can but if they want the femboy to be mistaken as a female they can" plan or start looking into how to make an MCM menu and see if I can add a setting there that allows to use (or not) the opposite gender animations.

I haven't tried it, but there should be a very easy way to do this without PCEA or any scripting at all. Simply point the male race data to the female behaviour file, i.e. point both paths to "DefaultFemale.hkx" instead of males to DefaultMale and females to DefaultFemale.

Vanilla Skyrim does the opposite for Orcs (female Orcs point to the DefaultMale file instead) and that's why they all use male animations. I don't see why it wouldn't work the other way around.

I haven't tried it, but there should be a very easy way to do this without PCEA or any scripting at all. Simply point the male race data to the female behaviour file, i.e. point both paths to "DefaultFemale.hkx" instead of males to DefaultMale and females to DefaultFemale.

Vanilla Skyrim does the opposite for Orcs (female Orcs point to the DefaultMale file instead) and that's why they all use male animations. I don't see why it wouldn't work the other way around.

Thanks for the heads up Blaze ! I'm definitely gonna try that (and actually I'm gonna try that right now really quick).

if that doesn't work the PCEA path will be the way to go so that I don't go insane any more than I have already been with this mod (you'll have to call me ItalianSheogorath at that point lol).

EDIT: Gave it a go but it broke the anims for the male side too xD Oh well it's just a test anyways and I can deal with the animations later on when I'll do the final version of the race.

You're right, my memory was a little fuzzy when I posted that. As a matter of fact the race I'm using does exactly that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any news on this one ItalianDragon?

No real news on my end sadly. I've been busy with IRL stuff so that hampered my development work.

The only somewhat related to this news I have is that I started tinkering with Substance Painter to get a grasp for it so that once I'm at the texturing part I'll be able to do that quickly. So far it seems to be a rather straightforward software so it's not very difficult to use (it's essentially a Photoshop for 3d models).

Aside from that nothing new :(

No real news on my end sadly. I've been busy with IRL stuff so that hampered my development work.

The only somewhat related to this news I have is that I started tinkering with Substance Painter to get a grasp for it so that once I'm at the texturing part I'll be able to do that quickly. So far it seems to be a rather straightforward software so it's not very difficult to use (it's essentially a Photoshop for 3d models).

thanks for the little update anyways. A step in the right direction far as I would know given knowing what you're doing in any programs that lead towards the final product would be a step towards a finished product.

thanks for the little update anyways. A step in the right direction far as I would know given knowing what you're doing in any programs that lead towards the final product would be a step towards a finished product.

Yeah true that. I've also gotten my hands on Photoshop CC since it apparently generates normal maps with ease but I haven't understood precisely on how to get them to look nice (as like it often is, in the tutorial it looks stupidly easy and whey you try it yourself it's mind bogglingly going to crap or simply not working when it should).

Alternatively I'd have to try with this nifty little site: http://cpetry.github.io/NormalMap-Online/ . Ran into issues with that one too as on-screen it makes a pretty decent normal map but when I want to download it it's empty or it shows the UV map countours with the quads drawn on it.

So yeah, I need to tinker with all this more to understand what I'm doing wrong and such :\

Yeah true that. I've also gotten my hands on Photoshop CC since it apparently generates normal maps with ease but I haven't understood precisely on how to get them to look nice (as like it often is, in the tutorial it looks stupidly easy and whey you try it yourself it's mind bogglingly going to crap or simply not working when it should).

Alternatively I'd have to try with this nifty little site: http://cpetry.github.io/NormalMap-Online/ . Ran into issues with that one too as on-screen it makes a pretty decent normal map but when I want to download it it's empty or it shows the UV map countours with the quads drawn on it.

So yeah, I need to tinker with all this more to understand what I'm doing wrong and such :\

well at least you're trying things, and willing to share what you are trying with the rest of us so we don't wind up thinking this has become a dead mod

well at least you're trying things, and willing to share what you are trying with the rest of us so we don't wind up thinking this has become a dead mod

Well I want to play as a femboy too in Skyrim so having a functional mod is also something I want :D

I also tend to have a high level of expectation when it comes to the stuff I do (which is why I'm diving into this normal map clusterfuck instead of shipping it with CBBE normal maps and going like "here you go, now GTFO" ).