[Wip] Official Tnt Custom Race Thread - Or, What The Femboy Idea Turned Into

Here we go:

attachicon.giffemboy_0aligned.nif

Also try replacing the hands and feet meshes with the original cbbe _0.nif, cause I feel wou might be using the high weight ones. This is how small the seams were for me:

attachicon.giffeetseam.jpg

attachicon.gifhandseam.jpg

It could be that too. On the race I noticed that the seam is present with the male version but if I switch to the female side it's completely gone. I'm gonna fork around that side and see how I can solve that.

Thanks a ton ! I'm gonna test it right now and see if it finally fixed :)

EDIT: Tested it and the issue is vastly less glaring but seams are still present anyway. I'm attaching a few screens for reference :)

Actually I hadn't even looked at the hands and feet (whoops), that's not an alignment problem, though. When you edit a body mesh you should always lock the vertices along the seams, otherwise you often end up moving them without even noticing and I'm talking from experience here...the pain of fixing those seams :shy: .

Either way yours don't seam ( :cool: ) that bad, let me hammer at it some more.

Okies ! Thanks a ton ! :D I guess mine didn't seam because I only selected the chest in mudbox to avoid fucking up everything else ^^ (after the "body that looks like crumpled aluminum" I learned my lesson xD).

Thanks again for your work :D

I just have to say I really appreciate the work you guys are putting into this mod! It's so nice to see different representations and diverse mods like this. I can't wait to be able to use it and even stopped playing the game altogether to wait! Keep up the great work. ^_^

Thanks for the kind words :)

Well I found the reason why I had this seam, and the reason was as dumb as a sack of bricks: since there's no "fat" hands to go along with the "fat" body, when bodysliding the game can't match up everything well, hence the seams.

So TL;DR is that I'm an idiot every now and then and I herped a derp. At least it wasn't yet another unexpected issue that surfaces and takes ages to fix.

Well I found the reason why I had this seam, and the reason was as dumb as a sack of bricks: since there's no "fat" hands to go along with the "fat" body, when bodysliding the game can't match up everything well, hence the seams.

So TL;DR is that I'm an idiot every now and then and I herped a derp. At least it wasn't yet another unexpected issue that surfaces and takes ages to fix.

Well, there still was a small seam that would have been hard to notice normally, so everything worked out in the end.

Well, there still was a small seam that would have been hard to notice normally, so everything worked out in the end.

True that. Now the big task at hand is the normal map and holy cripes it's a pain to do :\ I'll also have to figure out how to actually make the bodyslide work. I know that it's basically mesh blending but IDK how to tell to the game that there's this set that is the "fat" version of the other. I really should start looking into that.

True that. Now the big task at hand is the normal map and holy cripes it's a pain to do :\ I'll also have to figure out how to actually make the bodyslide work. I know that it's basically mesh blending but IDK how to tell to the game that there's this set that is the "fat" version of the other. I really should start looking into that.

If by "fat" you mean the 100 weight version of the body/hands/feet, it's just a matter of creating said meshes, placing them alongside the existing ones but with a _1 suffix instead of _0, and toggling on the "Enable Weight Slider" in the ArmorAddon entry (I can't remember the exact name of the setting but it should be something along those lines).

When you create them, remember to use the _1 CBBE hands and feet as a reference for wrist/ankle seams, and the vanilla head for the neck, so that there are no seams.

In the bodyslide for sse thread I read that the next update should include a normal map generator. Release shouldn't be too far away...maybe.

In the bodyslide for sse thread I read that the next update should include a normal map generator. Release shouldn't be too far away...maybe.

It's not an actual "generator" it requires a tangent-space normal map, and what it does is conform it to the current body shape and then export it as an object space normal (which is the format used by skyrim). That way, it ensures the details in the normal map are properly kept across all body shapes. No more heavy shadowing under the breast on petite bodies or ultra-muscled abs with wrong lighting over proturding/pregnant bellies, and so on.

The base tangent normal is still required, so we're back to square one. I'm afraid.

It's not an actual "generator" it requires a tangent-space normal map, and what it does is conform it to the current body shape and then export it as an object space normal (which is the format used by skyrim). That way, it ensures the details in the normal map are properly kept across all body shapes. No more heavy shadowing under the breast on petite bodies or ultra-muscled abs with wrong lighting over proturding/pregnant bellies, and so on.

The base tangent normal is still required, so we're back to square one. I'm afraid.

This is what ousnius said:

"The model space part of the map is created from your CBBE preset with BodySlide (not any textures), and the tangent space details that are blended on top of the model space will be taken from a resource DDS or PNG file in the BodySlide folder.

If you want the correct shading of your personal CBBE preset, but the fine detail of a custom normal map, then you will have to replace the resource file that BodySlide will use to blend on top of the normals with your own tangent space map"

So basically a new tangent normal would be needed only if you're not using default cbbe normal maps.

If by "fat" you mean the 100 weight version of the body/hands/feet, it's just a matter of creating said meshes, placing them alongside the existing ones but with a _1 suffix instead of _0, and toggling on the "Enable Weight Slider" in the ArmorAddon entry (I can't remember the exact name of the setting but it should be something along those lines).

When you create them, remember to use the _1 CBBE hands and feet as a reference for wrist/ankle seams, and the vanilla head for the neck, so that there are no seams.

Thanks for the info Blaze ! :D I'll have a look at that ASAP.

So I looked around in the CK and I couldn't find how to enable the weight slider. The closest to that I found is for the actors themselves (AKA the characters) as you can set a vast range of stats for them, one of them being the weight. I haven't found anything relating to that on a race level though :\

EDIT: Apparently, from what I found on another forum, to get hte weight slider placing the right meshes in the mesh folder is enough and the game does the rest. I'll have to try that and see if it works.

EDIT2: Tested and it doesn't work :\

So I looked around in the CK and I couldn't find how to enable the weight slider. The closest to that I found is for the actors themselves (AKA the characters) as you can set a vast range of stats for them, one of them being the weight. I haven't found anything relating to that on a race level though :\

EDIT: Apparently, from what I found on another forum, to get hte weight slider placing the right meshes in the mesh folder is enough and the game does the rest. I'll have to try that and see if it works.

This is how the ningheim race looks in tesedit:

post-242082-0-97591100-1500494518_thumb.jpg

attachicon.giftesedit.jpg

Ooh, thanks for the screenshot ! I find it weird that TESTVEdit shows the setting but that it's not viewable anywhere in the CK. Well at least I now know how to do it. Thanks a ton Jarka ! :D

Ooh, thanks for the screenshot ! I find it weird that TESTVEdit shows the setting but that it's not viewable anywhere in the CK. Well at least I now know how to do it. Thanks a ton Jarka ! :D

That's why I don't use the CK, too unstable and messy. For this kind of light editing tesedit is really light years ahead. Glad I was able to help ;)

That's why I don't use the CK, too unstable and messy. For this kind of light editing tesedit is really light years ahead. Glad I was able to help ;)

It runs fairly stable on my end but it has a tendency of throwing lots of errors at me when I load it up so I totally understand ^^ And yeah the settings you can't find is a total downer :\

Since I'm seeing mentions of CBBE in the thread lately, does that mean the body will be using CBBE UVs? That would be a shame.

Since that's what I'm using as a base, yes, I'll use those although I could look into remaking the UV's (which from what I've seen is a complete pain) for maximized uniqueness.

Since I'm seeing mentions of CBBE in the thread lately, does that mean the body will be using CBBE UVs? That would be a shame.

Since that's what I'm using as a base, yes, I'll use those although I could look into remaking the UV's (which from what I've seen is a complete pain) for maximized uniqueness.

Honestly, cbbe is fine. I'm working with UUNP and while it's made my work easier it is far from ideal and that's why it won't make its way into SSE.

As a matter of fact using cbbe uvs is a big plus considering forward compatibility with both Fallout 4 and Skyrim SE.

So folks I just had a thought: when I looked at the other races in the Creation Kit, I noticed that all the body meshes that it referenced were the "fat" ones. That gets me to wonder if it's why the weight slider isn't working. I'll give it a shot once I'm back home. Right now I'm looking into getting the custom meshes in Bodyslide for the step that comes after the body mesh completion: the outfit conversion.

Any luck on the completion of a femboy hdt body anyone?

As long as they have the correct bones and weights support is trivial. Basically it would be on behalf of the end user having a proper hdt setup (if you want collisions for instance). If you're talking about something like a hdt anus then probably not, nobody ever managed to get it working.

I meant belly physics because I haven't seen a exclusive girly boy body like an equivalent to cone but for males. If there is such a working body definitely let me know bro.

Also what was the issue with an get anus? Shouldn't it be the same as the bag but moved back being possibly replicated?

I meant belly physics because I haven't seen a exclusive girly boy body like an equivalent to cone but for males. If there is such a working body definitely let me know bro.

Also what was the issue with an get anus? Shouldn't it be the same as the bag but moved back being possibly replicated?

I'm using UUNP HDT, I don't know if ItalianDragon is using an HDT enabled body but, as I said, it's trivial when all it takes is opening outfit studio and copying the weights from another body.

As for the anus, this post explains it better than I could ever do, basically it's a limitation on how hdt physics work.

I'm using UUNP HDT, I don't know if ItalianDragon is using an HDT enabled body but, as I said, it's trivial when all it takes is opening outfit studio and copying the weights from another body.

As for the anus, this post explains it better than I could ever do, basically it's a limitation on how hdt physics work.

I'm not using the HDT body for now as I'm still learning things although I'm considering doing an HDT version once I've pushed an actual release so we can have butt physics with the femboys as example.