[Wip] Official Tnt Custom Race Thread - Or, What The Femboy Idea Turned Into

7 hours ago, Sezuel said:

is it just me or are images not working? I see the file name and can't even click it to reveal the image. @ItalianDragon the last 3 images you've posted have been just the file name without actually showing any image

Yeah they show up like that for me too for whatever reason. I tried to upload it in JPG instead of PNG to no avail. Perhaps it's because they're larger than before (as I'm in 1440p now) and that gives trouble to LoversLab. I've seen it happen in the "Post your sex screenshots" thread very often. I'm guessing that after a while the site just gives up displaying them.
To view them when this happens you can right click the name of the file and click on "Open in a new tab".

On 6/20/2019 at 4:26 AM, ItalianDragon said:

Yeah they show up like that for me too for whatever reason. I tried to upload it in JPG instead of PNG to no avail. Perhaps it's because they're larger than before (as I'm in 1440p now) and that gives trouble to LoversLab. I've seen it happen in the "Post your sex screenshots" thread very often. I'm guessing that after a while the site just gives up displaying them.
To view them when this happens you can right click the name of the file and click on "Open in a new tab".

while I don't have that option I do have "Copy Image Location" that I could snatch to put in a new tab, thanks for the help on that one. The images look nice, at least to my untrained eye, and am looking forward to see how this progresses from this point. Was quite happy with the direction you had it going before and glad to hear you're doing better over the issues you've had to deal with.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Sezuel said:

@ItalianDragon any updates you can give us either on yourself or the mod after two months of silence?

Edit: Corrected time of silence

Heyo Sezuel (and everyone here !)

I've been fairly busy IRL with plenty of things with workload  being unusually high in July and a little over two weeks of vacations in late July/early August, a break that was really needed).
Modding wise I've been hard at work trying to master Zbrush who is quite a whole different world of its own.
I've also proceeded to switch from the 4R7 version I was using to the 2019.2 version.

Most of my vacations in fact were spent doing two things: translating and practicing zbrush.
Interestingly enough given the practicing I've done previously on Mudbox I've gotten the hang of it for the most part rather quickly. The big trouble is more understanding how the U.I. works (which is a bit of a problem as Zbrush's UI is a bit all over the place although it's very customizable). Luckily for this mod with the practice I've done what comes the most naturally to me is organic sculpting (AKA living creatures) over hard surface sculpting (or just 2common objects" such as a fork or things like that if you prefer).
Now that I'm back home and things have calmed down again (relatives were here to visit for a week or so) I'll finally be able to resume working on the body mesh for the femboy race.

For the curious this is what I've created when I was on vacations when using the knowledge I'd gained:

Spoiler

ezgif-4-93770e7047c4.gif.592776d19b79e6cbf8e96f5153790e37.gifezgif-4-1491e82f772d.gif.54b42f0c0cb2ac6d971d72cb3981178b.gif

That's all for now, I'll keep you posted with the sculpting progress I'll make !

Take care !

18 hours ago, Sezuel said:

Thanks for the update and glad to hear you are making progress but also not working so hard you're burning out. 

It's baby steps really. I really wish I could wok on all that faster but between IRL stuff, a side of procrastination and a side of "I'm still relatively knew to all this" means it takes forever to do :(

I ain't giving up, that's for sure !

• 2 months later...

Hello folks !

First and foremost: sorry for the long silence. Life's been as hectic as usual so I've been on an off the project.

Regardless of that I've made a couple breakthrough that really helped the mod.

The first one concerns the sculpting side of the body. I kept on running into topology issues where things would get looking very "pointy" which is a sign of low vertex count.

Turns out that I just had to split the whole body into multiple sub-"clay blocks" which allows for good sculpting detail while keeping the polycount fairly good.

The only caveat to that is that I haven't found yet a way to make the program see the whole assembly as one sculpt so now if I adjust (for example) the shoulder region, I need to then select the other sculpt to equalize the sculpting. Now that ain't the end of the world but it's still a bit of an annoyance.

The other breakthrough concerns armors. Given that this is a femboy race for me it's pretty obvious that outfit conversion from the female body to the mod's body is a given. Problem is that the two are diametrically opposed in terms of mesh topology. For instance in the context of a skimpy armor (so revealing/skin tight) you'll need a higher poly count for the top to make a good fit around the breasts/torso. However you don't need a lot of polygons for the bottom part as it's all pretty much flat /even surfaces. In the same context male bodies are the opposite,, with a flat top where not a super detailed topology is needed but a more intricate bottom part due to all the bulginess which needs an increased polycount for a decent look. I'd been looking for a way to raise the poly count where needed to fix that to no avail. I however found a tutorial that seemed promising and it indeed worked as intended. The only issue is that it requires a manual reassignment of all the specular values, textures and such. The only drawback I saw from the testing I've done is that it leads to some backface issues, where the "inner" textures become transparent. It's not a massive issue as you won't be seeing it (or seeing it much) but still for the sake of professionalism I wanna see if I can fix the issue (it's apparently a UV mapping issue from the few posts on such an issue I've found).

Working on that aspect also allowed some interesting findings with the models. Specifically nifs have a set limit of polygons they can be, which is 65535, the maximum value you can assign to a 16 bits value. If you go beyond that the mesh will appear incomplete and/or invisible. Thankfully you'll need to work on some pretty crazily detailed models to begin with to hit such limit.

That's about it so far but rest assured I'm still on this and I'm actually getting an idea or two on what I could add to the mod ^^
Cheers !

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/15/2019 at 11:56 PM, ItalianDragon said:

Hello folks !

First and foremost: sorry for the long silence. Life's been as hectic as usual so I've been on an off the project.

Regardless of that I've made a couple breakthrough that really helped the mod.

The first one concerns the sculpting side of the body. I kept on running into topology issues where things would get looking very "pointy" which is a sign of low vertex count.

Turns out that I just had to split the whole body into multiple sub-"clay blocks" which allows for good sculpting detail while keeping the polycount fairly good.

The only caveat to that is that I haven't found yet a way to make the program see the whole assembly as one sculpt so now if I adjust (for example) the shoulder region, I need to then select the other sculpt to equalize the sculpting. Now that ain't the end of the world but it's still a bit of an annoyance.

The other breakthrough concerns armors. Given that this is a femboy race for me it's pretty obvious that outfit conversion from the female body to the mod's body is a given. Problem is that the two are diametrically opposed in terms of mesh topology. For instance in the context of a skimpy armor (so revealing/skin tight) you'll need a higher poly count for the top to make a good fit around the breasts/torso. However you don't need a lot of polygons for the bottom part as it's all pretty much flat /even surfaces. In the same context male bodies are the opposite,, with a flat top where not a super detailed topology is needed but a more intricate bottom part due to all the bulginess which needs an increased polycount for a decent look. I'd been looking for a way to raise the poly count where needed to fix that to no avail. I however found a tutorial that seemed promising and it indeed worked as intended. The only issue is that it requires a manual reassignment of all the specular values, textures and such. The only drawback I saw from the testing I've done is that it leads to some backface issues, where the "inner" textures become transparent. It's not a massive issue as you won't be seeing it (or seeing it much) but still for the sake of professionalism I wanna see if I can fix the issue (it's apparently a UV mapping issue from the few posts on such an issue I've found).

Working on that aspect also allowed some interesting findings with the models. Specifically nifs have a set limit of polygons they can be, which is 65535, the maximum value you can assign to a 16 bits value. If you go beyond that the mesh will appear incomplete and/or invisible. Thankfully you'll need to work on some pretty crazily detailed models to begin with to hit such limit.

That's about it so far but rest assured I'm still on this and I'm actually getting an idea or two on what I could add to the mod ^^
Cheers !

Nice to see you still going at it. If you want I do have a bunch of armors converted for a femboy body, they probably would be a better starting point. I remember certain armor were really painful to convert. It's true that it's annoying when there are lots of polys in the chest area, but the opposite isn't much better, when you have so few polys that no matter what you do the uv map gets stretched and the shape is all jagged.

I have some armors with physics converted too. They were annoying as well, as they are quite finicky and tend to break, especially when the nif is not set up properly (which is another big issue, certain armors/clothes I even wondered how they worked, because the nif properties were a horrible nightmare-inducing hell).

Don't mind the body textures, they are wrong as I don't have Skyrim installed at the moment.

Spoiler

4VZo6zM.jpg

Hello folks !

Some mod-related news for you all !
I've been butting heads lately with the whole outfit conversion for males issues and the like and you'll be happy to hear that I was successful (at last !)

Spoiler

20191201221723_1.thumb.jpg.7a3c6a9293ffa77acc9bd837e706abe6.jpg

What really gave me issues was adding the penis mesh for the more revealing parts of the outfit without affecting the female version of it. I managed to resolve that with a slight workaround, consisting in setting up a basic underwear mesh for the female version and leaving the penis mesh for the male version. I'll dig some more if I can find a way to not have to rely on that but in the absence of other solutions I'll go with that. I also still have to get the proper hang of weight painting (it's not super obvious in this screenshot but the outfit warps in some pretty hilarious ways when using certain poses in a few spots). It's regardless of that a victory on my end as it means that outfit conversions won't be as much of a pain as I thought it'd be. It also worked well as practice for the whole race addons and intercompatibilities with other mods.

For the curious the outfit in question is the Gantz Outfit which you can find right over here:

The race is Blaze's Shark race (but the outfit works for any race really ^^).

That's all for now folks ! Take care and thanks again for your patience :D

On 12/2/2019 at 12:11 PM, Jarka Ruus said:

Nice to see you still going at it. If you want I do have a bunch of armors converted for a femboy body, they probably would be a better starting point. I remember certain armor were really painful to convert. It's true that it's annoying when there are lots of polys in the chest area, but the opposite isn't much better, when you have so few polys that no matter what you do the uv map gets stretched and the shape is all jagged.

I have some armors with physics converted too. They were annoying as well, as they are quite finicky and tend to break, especially when the nif is not set up properly (which is another big issue, certain armors/clothes I even wondered how they worked, because the nif properties were a horrible nightmare-inducing hell).

Don't mind the body textures, they are wrong as I don't have Skyrim installed at the moment.

Hide contents

4VZo6zM.jpg

Heyo Jarka !

Yeah some outfits are a pain to convert because either the poly count is wrong for a male body or there's one million sub meshes which aren't even properly named so you gotta spend the first 5 minutes figuring who's in need of tweaking and who isn't >.>

Oh boy don't get me started with the low polyness. It's the only reason why I looked into the whole poly count increase process. For some outfits it works just fine (Melodic's outfits are pretty high-res mesh wise and are just fine to work with for example) but others are a nightmare to work with... *glares at the Vindisctus mix set*
Never had issues with effed up nifs on my end however. I suppose that it's because I just nab the entire thing and yank it in BodySlide, meaning that it keeps pretty much nothing of the original nif setup..

I really appreciate the offer ! It'll come in handy once I've had the two meshes done and ready to use so I can have something to show on the meshes ^^

On 12/3/2019 at 5:28 PM, ItalianDragon said:

Heyo Jarka !

Yeah some outfits are a pain to convert because either the poly count is wrong for a male body or there's one million sub meshes which aren't even properly named so you gotta spend the first 5 minutes figuring who's in need of tweaking and who isn't >.>

Oh boy don't get me started with the low polyness. It's the only reason why I looked into the whole poly count increase process. For some outfits it works just fine (Melodic's outfits are pretty high-res mesh wise and are just fine to work with for example) but others are a nightmare to work with... *glares at the Vindisctus mix set*
Never had issues with effed up nifs on my end however. I suppose that it's because I just nab the entire thing and yank it in BodySlide, meaning that it keeps pretty much nothing of the original nif setup..

I really appreciate the offer ! It'll come in handy once I've had the two meshes done and ready to use so I can have something to show on the meshes ^^

When I talk about messed up nif properties I refer mostly to old asian mods or mods that make use of clothes physics (like the one I posted). Also there used to be a bug in Outfit Studio that could corrupt the meshes, though I think that has been fixed a while ago.

I converted the Vindictus Royal armor and it was pretty low poly, though the real pain was fixing the weird gauntlets the armor comes with, since I had to fix the fingers one by one, then at one point I noticed that I had disabled the X mirror option in OS, so I had to fix both hands separately.

Btw, nice work with the conversion!

Spoiler

gloves_0_20191206_12-32-20.jpg

body_0_20191206_12-24-16.jpg

On 12/6/2019 at 12:35 PM, Jarka Ruus said:

When I talk about messed up nif properties I refer mostly to old asian mods or mods that make use of clothes physics (like the one I posted). Also there used to be a bug in Outfit Studio that could corrupt the meshes, though I think that has been fixed a while ago.

I converted the Vindictus Royal armor and it was pretty low poly, though the real pain was fixing the weird gauntlets the armor comes with, since I had to fix the fingers one by one, then at one point I noticed that I had disabled the X mirror option in OS, so I had to fix both hands separately.

Btw, nice work with the conversion!

Reveal hidden contents

gloves_0_20191206_12-32-20.jpg

body_0_20191206_12-24-16.jpg

Oh I understand now ! Yeah physics are weird with OutfitStudio. It boils down to who made the mod and in which way it was coded. Some do them A+ and for some it's bleh.
I didn't know about that bug but it must be a quite old one as I've never had that issue and I've been working the entire time with v. 4.4.2 which is quite ancient compared to the latest release (which is v. 4.8.0). And I feel ya for the gauntlets. I've also worked on making the feet as anatomically proportionate as possible and that leads to quite a lot of fine tuning that is just nerve-wracking. OutfitStudio has this issue where if things are close together, it'll do what you want on one end and the polar opposite on the other. So you end up making the shape bigger like you want on one finger, and with the adjacent one the mesh ends up just sinking in.... Armpits are a pain to fix because of that :x

As for the low poly stuff I found a way to increase the poly count but it makes you also manually reassign all the textures and stuff which is a chore. On top of that you have to be a bit careful on the poly increase as if you go beyond 65k it just breaks everything when you set it as a nif ? I wish Ousnius added a tool for that straight into OS. That'd cut a middleman and make everyone's job easier....

Hello folks, it's me again with an update on the mod !

You'll be happy to see finally some progress in the screenshot below

Spoiler

1949249517_moreprogress.thumb.png.c7cf470b2b48ce94530dc028a619e195.png

As you can probably notice the mesh looks quite different from last time. The reason is that I've reworked it fairly in-depth as I've come to notice that the reference pictures I was using and projected in my workspace weren't perfect mirrors of each other so what would look correct on one wouldn't be on another and so on.
I remembered that I still had around the old body I made by modifying the BodySlide meshes and I thought: "How about using the model itself as a reference ?".

Well, from now on I'm doing just that. Obviously it won't be a carbon copy of that model but it'll be very close to that one. The bonus is that it'll allow the building of proper normal maps and textures. Another bonus is that it helps me in getting the proportions right so I don't deviate from the general shape of the game's skeleton, an essential attention that one needs to take into account as otherwise it'll lead to issues later on (or just more time spent fixing the model overall).

I've also found a good tutorial on BodySlide on how to create sliders and all that. It had a nice surprise for me as in that I won't need to make two meshes by hand. Instead I can make just one, and then use OutfitStudio to make the other by playing around with the creation of sliders (which I thought would be massively more difficult).

So for now I'll work on this model, polish it up the best I can so I can move on the next steps of the mod creation !

That's all for now !

Take care !

Hello folks ! It's update time ! (yeah I'm on a roll lately xD).

I've been at work sculpting the body more on Zbrush and I'm actually quite happy about how it's turning out slowly but surely.

Spoiler

2093168330_Evenmoreprogress.thumb.png.eacce3f374af633f78434f8208fd1801.png

The sculpting is progressing very nicely and I'm very happy with how it's going :)

I've also been hard at work trying to master the whole outfit creation process alongside with the whole BodySlide process.
Over the past few days I've converted a couple more outfits using a male body BodySlide mod I found on another site and used it as a practice for making BodySlide conversions and everything that follows (slider creation, shape tweaking and so on).

The one thing that still eludes me is the whole proper weight painting process. BodySlide doesn't have much to offer in checking the meshes when they get deformed (a very important thing to check as it's in cases like these that you see if your weightpaint is good or not) so it's basically a loooooong process of "let's tweak this a bit and test ingame" ad infinitem. It poses a particular issue on the penis area as the meshes seem to like to borrow the weights from the tighs as well which leads to some serious warping under certain poses, which is particularily frustrating (see the screenshot below for an example of that).

Spoiler

20191212133218_1.thumb.jpg.c87afc812c9f38f90698fa9523aa6481.jpg20191212133154_1.thumb.jpg.9a7f2d66fce153d75e77b43ed7e76712.jpg

As you probably guessed, the outfit is not supposed to warp like that on the crotch and a proper weighting would prevent that from happening in the first place. So I'm still trying to find a solution to resolve that but so far I've come back empty handed.

The rest of the process is fairly simple as it's nearly identical to the creation of a custom race and with the femboy race I've remade ten times over at minimum, let's say I'm good on that side x)

That's about it for now but I'll try to keep you updated as often as possible :)

Cheers !

Hello folks, it's update time !

So I've been trying to fix the bone issues in part because I want the damn outfits to work well and in part because I know that I'll have to do the weight painting with the femboy body once I'm done with the whole sculpting process. The process is quite troublesome however as like I said previously Outfit Studio won't show the mesh in motion, meaning that you're very much shooting an arrow in the dark. It's also a bit cumbersome to use on that end. You can indeed work with that but there's better software for that. I've tinkered with it using 3ds Max but the process is a bit wonky as sometimes the weight changing works and the next three times it won't work, no matter what.

However I had forgotten I had downloaded from LoversLab a while back some animation rigs as I was exploring the idea of making custom animations from scratch for the femboy race. Said rigs do allow you to manipulate the skeleton and pose it, meaning that you'll be able to see how everything deforms and why it does. Downside is that exporting with that scene is a mess as it's not meant to be used for mesh exporting but for animation exporting, two pretty different processes. Nevertheless it gives me a clear look at who's doing what and I can tinker on that end later on (for the curious: in the screenshots I posted in the previous reply, the issue comes from the crotch mesh being governed by the two thigh bones on top of the pelvis one, hence the stretching when the legs are spread apart).

I also made a discovery when doing some more OutfitStudio tinkering: I used to export the meshes if they were too low res where I wanted (a sadly very common occurrence) as obj, threw them in maya to increase the poly count and imported them back in. What I found out however is that you can do this mid mesh tweaking as Outfit Studio will retain the mesh shape. This means that if your meshes has some troublesome parts because they're just too low poly, you can just export the mesh right there, increase its poly count and import it back right away. It doesn't cut off the whole "copy by hand all the texture/specular properties of the outfit" process but well that's at least something.

Lastly, although it's only semi related to this mod, I'll be away for vacations from the 27th of December to January 20th. During that time I won't be working much (if at all) on the mod. Rest assured that I'll get back to the task once I'm back :)

That's all for now folks ! Take care !

On 12/17/2019 at 4:06 PM, ItalianDragon said:

Lastly, although it's only semi related to this mod, I'll be away for vacations from the 27th of December to January 20th. During that time I won't be working much (if at all) on the mod. Rest assured that I'll get back to the task once I'm back :)

That's all for now folks ! Take care !

Have a safe and pleasant vacation and keep up the great work!

Hello folks !

Here's some happy news for you all, just in time for Christmas time !

I said earlier that the whole weight painting thing would be a pain as there was no real way to test them before heading ingame.

Well, I was very wrong.

There's a section of the Outfit Studio who is dedicated to that and it's right below the "Bones" section.

How it works is that you select a bone from the skeleton and move the slider slightly. If you see the outfit warping in all sorts of weird ways where it shouldn't be, you use the brush to weaken the weighting in that specific area so you can have a proper behavior when moving around.

The process is rather intuitive and I've worked on tweaking the weights on the outfits while practicing by porting other ones.

The results of all that ? Well see for yourselves below:

Spoiler

20191224002148_1.thumb.jpg.211ff9a478035d4f1444b640ae20c0ba.jpg

The outfit is the "Strings Attached" one which you can find here on LoversLab in this thread:

As you can see it looks great ! The issues I'm having now are fairly minimal in comparison to the ones I had before (you can see some clipping on the right pec and the SoS schlong I folded isn't perfectly in sync with the rest of the body and some spots could use some tuning of their weights) but aside from that it works extremely well !

I've also reworked the whole outfit porting process.

Previously I relied on a shrinkwrapped female mesh that I had shaped as the male one. While it yielded some fantastic results in some parts it also led to problems in others, mainly between the legs, as anything located there would get pushed from either side so hard it'd end up crossing onto itself, resulting in some pretty wonky topology. To remedy to that I shaped the female body as the male one by hand which while not being as "squeaky perfect" as the other process it has at least resolved that issues.

On top of that to void redoing the process twice, I've created a slider set in Outfit Studio specifically to make the weight slider functional.

Beforehand the process was this:
1- Use the CBBE Slim to SoS Slim conversion slider (as I use CBBE Slim as a main body in my game) to shape the outfit for the male body and export it as reference

2- Import the outfit in Outfit Studio and import the Slim SoS body and remove the morphed body

3- Tweak the outfit around the final body and copy the body's bone weights and export when satisfied.

4- Repeat for the "Big" meshes.

As you can see it's a bit of a tedious process.

Now however this is the workflow:

1- Use the CBBE Slim to SoS Slim conversion slider to shape the outfit for the male body and export it as reference

2- Import it in the SoS Slider project

3- Tweak the outfit around the "small" body and then conform to slider for the "big" body

4- Apply corrections if necessary and export both meshes.

As you can probably tell the new workflow is much more practical and less repetitive. I just need to deal with the "morphed" CBBE mesh once instead of twice and the use of the SoS slider makes the "big mesh" making pretty much effortless. I'm doing this using CBBE but it works in the same way for any body that's around for Skyrim. It'll be the process I'll use for the porting to the femboy body once it's complete, so if you have an outfit you really like, you'll be able to port it to the femboy race that way ^^

That's about all for now folks from femboy santa ! (I knew I should've ported a christmas-themed outfit for the screenshots >.>u)
Take care folks and Merry Christmas to everyone !

10 hours ago, ItalianDragon said:

Hello folks !

Here's some happy news for you all, just in time for Christmas time !

I said earlier that the whole weight painting thing would be a pain as there was no real way to test them before heading ingame.

Well, I was very wrong.

There's a section of the Outfit Studio who is dedicated to that and it's right below the "Bones" section.

How it works is that you select a bone from the skeleton and move the slider slightly. If you see the outfit warping in all sorts of weird ways where it shouldn't be, you use the brush to weaken the weighting in that specific area so you can have a proper behavior when moving around.

The process is rather intuitive and I've worked on tweaking the weights on the outfits while practicing by porting other ones.

The results of all that ? Well see for yourselves below:

Hide contents

20191224002148_1.thumb.jpg.211ff9a478035d4f1444b640ae20c0ba.jpg

The outfit is the "Strings Attached" one which you can find here on LoversLab in this thread:

As you can see it looks great ! The issues I'm having now are fairly minimal in comparison to the ones I had before (you can see some clipping on the right pec and the SoS schlong I folded isn't perfectly in sync with the rest of the body and some spots could use some tuning of their weights) but aside from that it works extremely well !

I've also reworked the whole outfit porting process.

Previously I relied on a shrinkwrapped female mesh that I had shaped as the male one. While it yielded some fantastic results in some parts it also led to problems in others, mainly between the legs, as anything located there would get pushed from either side so hard it'd end up crossing onto itself, resulting in some pretty wonky topology. To remedy to that I shaped the female body as the male one by hand which while not being as "squeaky perfect" as the other process it has at least resolved that issues.

On top of that to void redoing the process twice, I've created a slider set in Outfit Studio specifically to make the weight slider functional.

Beforehand the process was this:
1- Use the CBBE Slim to SoS Slim conversion slider (as I use CBBE Slim as a main body in my game) to shape the outfit for the male body and export it as reference

2- Import the outfit in Outfit Studio and import the Slim SoS body and remove the morphed body

3- Tweak the outfit around the final body and copy the body's bone weights and export when satisfied.

4- Repeat for the "Big" meshes.

As you can see it's a bit of a tedious process.

Now however this is the workflow:

1- Use the CBBE Slim to SoS Slim conversion slider to shape the outfit for the male body and export it as reference

2- Import it in the SoS Slider project

3- Tweak the outfit around the "small" body and then conform to slider for the "big" body

4- Apply corrections if necessary and export both meshes.

As you can probably tell the new workflow is much more practical and less repetitive. I just need to deal with the "morphed" CBBE mesh once instead of twice and the use of the SoS slider makes the "big mesh" making pretty much effortless. I'm doing this using CBBE but it works in the same way for any body that's around for Skyrim. It'll be the process I'll use for the porting to the femboy body once it's complete, so if you have an outfit you really like, you'll be able to port it to the femboy race that way ^^

That's about all for now folks from femboy santa ! (I knew I should've ported a christmas-themed outfit for the screenshots >.>u)
Take care folks and Merry Christmas to everyone !

You might be aware of this already, but in OS you can create sliders just by using .obj files, as long as they keep the same vertex order (you load a shape, create a new slider, select it and then load an .obj with the modified shape; for armors you do the same for each part of the armor). Anyway you nailed the process pretty well, even the crotch area, which is one of the critical places, alongside the armpits. One little tip is that when vertices get tangled like that, you can use the smooth tool in OS (or similar tools in other 3d editing programs), it should help a little.

Merry Christmas to you too and thanks for sharing the progress!

5 hours ago, Jarka Ruus said:

You might be aware of this already, but in OS you can create sliders just by using .obj files, as long as they keep the same vertex order (you load a shape, create a new slider, select it and then load an .obj with the modified shape; for armors you do the same for each part of the armor). Anyway you nailed the process pretty well, even the crotch area, which is one of the critical places, alongside the armpits. One little tip is that when vertices get tangled like that, you can use the smooth tool in OS (or similar tools in other 3d editing programs), it should help a little.

Merry Christmas to you too and thanks for sharing the progress!

Yep, I'm aware of it ^^
It's actually the basic concept of the whole "CBBE to whateverelse" process.

And yeah those areas are a pain to get right and even more of a pain to work on when you're in Outfit Studio as with how small the spot is 90% of the time when you tweak one side the opposite happens to the other, which leads to some constant frustrating pingponging. Smoothing usually works but from my experience it varies from outfit to outfit. Some are very easy to work on and others a complete nightmare :x

Thanks for the wishes !
You're very welcome :) It's the least I could do really ^^

• 3 weeks later...

Hello folks !

Guess who's back from vacations ? Me ! |3

As expected during the break I couldn't really work on the mod but that didn't stop me from doing a plethora of research to bring it to life.

Namely speaking I've looked fairly in-depth at the whole UV Map creation process. Looking at it brought pleasant surprises however. Initially I thought I'd have to rely on some specific software to make them (such as Roadkill or UVLayout) which would have added quite the hurdle in the process as I'd have to learn how to use them. However I found out that there's a software who's very intuitive on that aspect and it's none other than... 3DS Max.

So once the sculpting is complete doing that part of the process should be fairly simple.Texturing-wise I bumped into a nice piece of software called Materialize which lets you backe all the maps you could need for your model (Specular, Metallic, etc...) straight from the Diffuse (AKA the base texture you see in the game). I've tested it with random images picked off the net and it does work extremely well. Incidentally that software was used to make the textures for the first two Uncharted games so...

I've also been looking fairly in-depth as well on the whole "adding HDT/collisions to mesh" process. It's honestly a pretty complicated process so I'll need some more time to really get the hang of it. Why am I looking into that ? Well, for one having butt physics on the femboy body would be great but that's not the only thing I've had in mind. For female characters you have mods like AIO HDT Pussy or Clams of Skyrim but male-wise it's just an endless void. So I thought "What about looking at that and see if I can make an HDT anus for the femboy race ?". It's something that might not make it for the first release of the game (HDT is reeeeally complicated as it involves both proper bone weights and the creation of specific bones with the creation of collision meshes on top if you want the highest level of fidelity) so for now it's on the "Planned Feature/Soon (tm)" side of things. I did find a piece of software made by the community to make the process a bit less difficult but it's a bit like trading a hammer and a chisel for a power chisel: you may be working faster but if you don't know how to work it won't really help. Said software is Just For Fun (JFF for short) and you can find it here on LL :D

Lastly I'm looking at the issues the outfit conversion process has as of now. I might have found the cause of the issues (wrong skeleton used) and remeding that has massively reduced the issue but hasn't solved it so I'm gonna have to do more digging.

That's about all for now folks !

Take care !

Hello folks !

I have great news and this time around instead of a long verbose post I'll show why with just one screenshot

Spoiler

20200126170748_1.thumb.jpg.2bd698a48390d0179b1e1ea95080abd3.jpg

Yep, I fixed that penis mesh issue !

I gotta thank Bc4life for leading me to the right path.

Basically my issue was that the penis mesh was lacking the SoS skeleton, which in turn caused all these issues I was having. To fix that I simply rerigged it using Outfit Studio.

In case you ever need to do the same here's how you do it:

1- Fire up Outfit Studio and click on "File" and then "New Project"

2-Tick the "From File" checkbox and navigate to where the SOS skeleton is stored ( meshes\actors\character\character assets\SOSskeleton.nif)

3- Click "Next" and tick the "from file" checkbox. Use the "Browse" button to go where your penis mesh is stored

4- Click on finish

5- Click on File and then "Export" and then on "To Nif with reference" and save your mesh wherever you want.

Repeat the process for the other mesh to get weight slider support.

This means that I finally have all the groundwork done on that end to ensure the proper outfit conversion.

Now I just need to finish sculpting the body and to work on the UV's and custom textures (the latter being probably the easiest in the list as I've been using Photoshop for far longer than I've been doing 3D modelling.

That's all for now folks !

6 hours ago, Jarka Ruus said:

About hdt physics it might be worth checking these threads by staticphobia if you haven't already.

Thanks for the links @Jarka Ruus ! I'll give them a look and see if I can find the help I need for the HDT anus idea :D