[Wip] Official Tnt Custom Race Thread - Or, What The Femboy Idea Turned Into

Hello folks , it's update time !

So what have I been up to?

Well first and foremost I did plenty of weighting practice and lemme say this:

Spoiler

Bone weighting sucks

My main issue with it is that I have no real proper way to view in a realistic fashion how it'll behave before I hop in the game. I did try some custom rigs here and there for 3ds Max but they aren't as practical as I wish they'd be (sadly). As for Blender I did try with it too but for whatever reason I'm bumping into the issue that makes my mesh pitch black in  weight painting mode, which prevents me from seeing the mesh well and from weighting (it's as if the mesh is locked). So I've been working with the latest version of BodySlide to do that and while it's not ideal it still does the job fairly well.

As a practice I've done this:

Spoiler

20200205002219_1.thumb.jpg.f169617cfbd521cf667b5129527d8897.jpg

20200205002304_1.thumb.jpg.8e68ba4cffdaf503df76bc69b0c52722.jpg

The outfit is this one BTW: https://www.patreon.com/posts/h2135s-fantasy-33050559

As you can probably tell the weights are pretty good overall (after hours of fine tuning I managed to get them to an acceptable level but I'm still butting heads with the panty. It's mainly because OutfitStudio does the weighting job pretty well with just two meshes but if you need to conform three, well, that's where the headaches start. I'm fairly sure I'll find a way to do it but for now it's headaches galore.

I've also progressed a bit more on the Zbrush sculpting process and as a result it's getting closer and closer to the "good" state:

Spoiler

792691500_ZbrushSculptprogress1.thumb.png.61d17a529f5a23ceab23c7823a8373cb.png

1751527168_ZbrushSculptprogress2.thumb.png.ae3331f5312b1e35861a1b9311ded2ab.png

Overall I'm quite satisfied with how it's going. The progress might be slow but well, it's still progress.
I've also realized that there was a slight anatomy problem with the original model stemming from the decision to just "flatten the breasts" I originally did. Since they're structurally different than chest muscles it led to a few anatomy issues (nothing major though) which I'll fix with this new model who is well, scratch-made.

Specifically speaking it's the area that joins the upper chest area to the shoulder and the arm, as illustrated here:

Spoiler

13151634_937996002966216_8360886829453452954_n.png.1aa83bb46f6ff2624519f79478f9b1cf.png

This is the part I was getting wrong in the old model (not really surprisingly so) which I'll fix with this new model. If you're wondering if it shows ingame, the answer is yes although it may not be the most glaring issue

Spoiler

Old model I had done:

20180113224224_1.jpg.e55c6e0eaafbf4c13348d50c46719f54.jpg

SoS Body:

20200205004125_1.thumb.jpg.820f054d0d04cc70778febdd8ccc75a1.jpg

As you can probably tell there's a noticeable difference in that area and once I'll be done resculpting the proto-mesh I'll get onto fixing  that (am I a perfectionist ? Nope. Okay... Maybe a little bit :P ).

Lastly game-wise I've completed the switch from XP32 to XPMSE. I was still using the old skeleton as whenever I'd try to use the new one I'd get an insta-CTD. I got some words of advice which gave me some courage and after a lot of troubleshooting I found out that the crashing issues stemmed from the enormous amount of animations I have installed on Skyrim (about 13k to be specific) due to me wanting lots of different animations for SexLab and plenty of nice poses for screenarchery. I fixed it using this nifty little mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/100672

So now my game is actually more stable and I'm actually getting a performance boost ( I'd be sitting at 45-50 FPS before the fix and now I'm pretty much all the time at 60 FPS, and that's with an ENB in 1440p). It also lays down the groundwork for the HDT Anus part I mentioned before as XPMSE is pretty much mandatory for this kind of mod (if you look at mods like AIO HDT Pussy or Clams of Skyrim they both use it).

So that's all for now folks ! As usual I'll keep you all posted on the progress the mod is getting. So far I feel that it's fairing pretty well for a 2020 release, be it just a alpha/beta release of sorts.

Take care !

You're doing a great job with the anatomy, I couldn't get that shoulder area to look quite right even after fiddling with it for months, I think starting a mesh from scratch is the right idea even if it takes longer, editing female meshes just doesn't cut it.

As a little bit of feedback, I feel like you could make the shoulders slightly wider and taller, to give it a more masculine feeling, though that's up to personal taste of course?.

40 minutes ago, Jarka Ruus said:

You're doing a great job with the anatomy, I couldn't get that shoulder area to look quite right even after fiddling with it for months, I think starting a mesh from scratch is the right idea even if it takes longer, editing female meshes just doesn't cut it.

As a little bit of feedback, I feel like you could make the shoulders slightly wider and taller, to give it a more masculine feeling, though that's up to personal taste of course?.

Yeah anatomy is tough to get right. Interestingly enough I find anatomy easier to get right when sculpting than when I do some drawing. Perhaps the fact that it's a 3D object helps with that.

For the shoulder thing no worries about that, as I intend to make it a bodyslide body so anyone will be able to tweak it to his/her liking :)

8 hours ago, ItalianDragon said:

Yeah anatomy is tough to get right. Interestingly enough I find anatomy easier to get right when sculpting than when I do some drawing. Perhaps the fact that it's a 3D object helps with that.

For me it's the opposite, I find it easier when I'm drawing. When I'm sculpting I tend to get sidetracked and lose sight of the bigger picture, for instance a body part might look fine from one particular angle, but when I switch the camera or zoom out I notice it actually looks terrible. When I'm drawing I find it easier to focus on the overall view.

8 hours ago, ItalianDragon said:

For the shoulder thing no worries about that, as I intend to make it a bodyslide body so anyone will be able to tweak it to his/her liking :)

Yeah, that's the best solution?

6 hours ago, Jarka Ruus said:

For me it's the opposite, I find it easier when I'm drawing. When I'm sculpting I tend to get sidetracked and lose sight of the bigger picture, for instance a body part might look fine from one particular angle, but when I switch the camera or zoom out I notice it actually looks terrible. When I'm drawing I find it easier to focus on the overall view.

Yeah, that's the best solution?

Funny how that varies from one person to the other ^^

Speaking of BodySlide I asked to the folks who make it on the discord if it's better to start with the slim or big mesh for that and I've been told that generally it's the "big" one. So I'll just polish this one up the best I can and then work on it to make it big. BS/OS will do the rest :D

On 2/7/2020 at 4:30 AM, ItalianDragon said:

Funny how that varies from one person to the other ^^

Speaking of BodySlide I asked to the folks who make it on the discord if it's better to start with the slim or big mesh for that and I've been told that generally it's the "big" one. So I'll just polish this one up the best I can and then work on it to make it big.

With female bodies it's better starting from the big one when doing slides because most bodies have huge bazookas for the _1 nif. In my experience it didn't change much since the chest shape remained mostly the same, though it is a good idea having well defined _0 and _1 shapes, before starting to add more slides.

On 2/7/2020 at 4:30 AM, ItalianDragon said:

BS/OS will do the rest :D

Wish I could say the same, playing Oblivion right now, so only blender 2.49b for me?.

1 hour ago, Jarka Ruus said:

With female bodies it's better starting from the big one when doing slides because most bodies have huge bazookas for the _1 nif. In my experience it didn't change much since the chest shape remained mostly the same, though it is a good idea having well defined _0 and _1 shapes, before starting to add more slides.

Wish I could say the same, playing Oblivion right now, so only blender 2.49b for me?.

Oh yeah good point. I guess that since I'm doing a male body it matters a lot less.
*checks the SMMB Bodyslide Male Body*
Yeah this one too starts with the slim one. Well I guess I can just continue working on the slim one for the time being ^^

And oof, yeah, I feel your pain :x

Hello folks !

It's the weekend and I've given a semifinal touch on the rebuilt model before I move on the finalizing process and such, meaning that I'm getting closer and closer to the proper sculpting of the final femboy body mesh.

So this is how it looks like now :D

Spoiler

572854872_bodyrebuildingalmostcomplete.thumb.png.f8fd20894d75cb3c0761f42032d6e3a0.png

I'll polish it up some more later and start to do some detailing perhaps as well.

So all in all everything is proceeding quite well :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hello folks !

Just a quick update from my end.

I wasn't able to work on the model much in the past week as I caught some virus that was goin' around and thus spent most of the week ill. I'll get on it in the upcoming days of course.

Second not really related thing is that today's my birthday and I'm hitting the fabled 30th birthday milestone (which honestly feels a bit nuts o.o). Feels weird to think I've been playing Skyrim for 8 years (9 in November). Hopefully we'll all play as femboys this year as well :D

So that's about it for now folks :)

Take care !

• 1 month later...

Hello folks !

*chops door open with fire axe*

"It's update tiiiiime !"

I hope everyone is all right in these troubled virologic times. On my end I'm all right, self quarantining myself at home. I went out of home twice last week (once for groceries and once for a trip to the pharmacy) but aside from that I've been at home, putting this unusually calm time at good use. It's not like I can do much else anyways, as anything non-essential has shut down so no theaters, no restaurants, no parties, nada. Health-wise I'm not ill (just a slight cold but nothing to worry about) so rest assured, I'm all right.

So with all this, lately all I've been doing is gaming and working on the femboy mod.

So what have I been up to ?

Well I've been trying to fix that darned penis clipping issue and in that aspect thanks to a modelling buddy I now have both the SoS mesh and the tweaked penis mesh to hopefully resolve those weight issues. Having those combined will definitely make the weighting less of a pain to do .

About said issue I also might have pinpointed the problem in a rather unexpcte fashion. I've snatched SchakenMod's "Dva Keyhole" outfit and since the CBBE version doesn't come with a proper BodySlide sliderset I've been working on my own. Now like with the female to male armor port everything seemed to go well, except that the panty of the armor wouldn't follow the HDT of the butt, despite the body being well, HDT. Paralleledly I'd goofed and accidentally selected a non-HDT body preset for the top when making the sliders. So that one is an easy fix so I went ahead, copied the weights of the body I use ingame and loaded it up to test.  

Much to my surprise not only was I getting proper physics on the breasts, but also on the panty who is its own mesh !

This makes me wonder if the issues I'm having with the panty come from a body mesh somewhere (either the schlong or the body itself) not following the collisions of the other. Now while I don't use an HDT-enabld body for males I do use Floppy SoS which enables HDT physics when the penis is flaccid (or just all the time if you so desire). This makes me wonder if the duplicate mesh I'm using is indadvertantly inheriting the HDT physics meant for the prime and proper SoS schlong and since the panty itself (hell, panties plural as the issue is present with the Priestess of Dibella outfit and the Strings Attached bikini) do not have HDT enabled it causes this discrepancy between what I see in Outfit Studio and what I have ingame.

So I'm gonna investigate this further and, if it's indeed an issue with Floppy SoS, if there's a way to tell the game to ignore the physics for my filler mesh but keep then on the actual player penis mesh.

Sculpting-wise I plan on continuing to work on it in the next days and hopefully finish rebuilding that bodyslided mesh I'd done so I can start to work on the improvements to bring it up to a proper shape.

That's about all for now folks !

Take care and stay safe !

Glad to know you're doing fine, I haven't taken a step outside in 3 weeks, here.

I met those issues myself, it's definitely the penis mesh, you should copy the weights, but that doesn't always play nice depending on the panties topology/vertex count. If the panties aren't tiny or see-through, you should consider deleting the penis mesh altogether to avoid clipping and other oddities.

About sculpting, I recently found this awesome little program to retopologize meshes on the fly, you should check it out, if you haven't already:

https://github.com/wjakob/instant-meshes

If you scroll down there are pre-compiled bins.

5 hours ago, Jarka Ruus said:

Glad to know you're doing fine, I haven't taken a step outside in 3 weeks, here.

I met those issues myself, it's definitely the penis mesh, you should copy the weights, but that doesn't always play nice depending on the panties topology/vertex count. If the panties aren't tiny or see-through, you should consider deleting the penis mesh altogether to avoid clipping and other oddities.

About sculpting, I recently found this awesome little program to retopologize meshes on the fly, you should check it out, if you haven't already:

https://github.com/wjakob/instant-meshes

If you scroll down there are pre-compiled bins.

Yeah I could do that. Some Outfit Studio recommend clipping away some of the body mesh underneath for optimization reasons as well. I could try to do that and see if that fixes it.

And thanks for the software, I didn't know that one !

Hello folks !

Slight update on my end regarding the mod.

I've been working on resolving that whole clipping issue and unfortunately the solution isn't super simple.
I did try to mitigate it with the body a friend did but unfortunately it had some issue that prevented me from doing it in one swoop. So what I've attempted is working on the general body weighting with the usual slider set I use and then use the combined mesh my buddy made to work on the crotch.

You're probably wondering why I don't just import the penis mesh in Outfit Studio and work with both ? Well there's a slight issue in that and I'm not even sure it's an intentional behavior of the software from the devs but what happens is this: if I import the penis mesh and start to get the deformation going of each bone, what happens is that the penis mesh does the opposite deformation of the body. So if I make the pelvic area bulge out, the penis mesh will instead shrink onto itself. The opposite happens if I instead make the pelvic area shrink: the body shrinks as intended but the penis swells.

Regardless of that I spent a couple of hours on the Strings Attached outfit earlier, trying to resolve the clipping and you'll be happy to hear I've made some pretty good progress in resolving that clipping issue:

Spoiler

20200327164343_1.thumb.jpg.037ac85fc300395b879b426c344a416b.jpg

As you can tell the issue is still not completely gone but it's definitely an improvement. Clipping is reduced on the crotch and on the chest it's pretty much gone. Unfortunately if I do a pose or two it's still clipping galore so I still have a lot of work to do on that aspect.

I've considered using 3ds max for the weighting process but I found the whole thing rather confusing and obscure so I'll try to work with Outfit Studio instead for now but also start looking a bit more in depth on the weighting side of things with that software. Both have their pros and cons really. Outfit Studio is really well polished and accessible but is devoid of features for posing and such to preview the deformations properly. 3ds Max has an insane range of options and settings making it quite complex to use but allows a much better previewing of the weights as you can move the model around and see how it deforms.

Speaking of meshes I think that the problem with the other outfit I've done (the Fantasy Series 8 one) lies in an insufficient amount of vertices to guarantee a proper weighting of the mesh. I didn't feel it was necessary to raise the polycount for it as it seemed to still work well regardless but I guess I was mistaken, given the problems I'm having weighting-wise with it.

So that's about it for now folks.

2 hours ago, Jarka Ruus said:

Doesn't the latest version of OS (5.0+) have a posing mode, where you can move each bone?

It does but it's wonky. A bug I found fairly quickly is this:

1- Go in the bones and pose it
2- Go back to a different tab (sculpting for example) and tweak the model
3- Go back to the bone posing mode and reset the bone..... and nothing happens but the slider goes back to 0
4- The pose you set up is now the de-facto "default pose" and unless you memorized by how much you moved your slider you're outta luck.

So ye, for now it's not super useable :x

10 hours ago, ItalianDragon said:

It does but it's wonky. A bug I found fairly quickly is this:

1- Go in the bones and pose it
2- Go back to a different tab (sculpting for example) and tweak the model
3- Go back to the bone posing mode and reset the bone..... and nothing happens but the slider goes back to 0
4- The pose you set up is now the de-facto "default pose" and unless you memorized by how much you moved your slider you're outta luck.

So ye, for now it's not super useable :x

Yeah, just tried it and noticed that too. Well, it's a start.

2 hours ago, Jarka Ruus said:

Yeah, just tried it and noticed that too. Well, it's a start.

I tinkered more with it and basically as long as you don't touch the mesh at all in the sculpting part it's fine so you can still swap meshes and the like but that's about it. Ousnius is aware of the bug but isn't super sure about why it's happening so it'll probably be a while before it's fixed.

Regardless of that I managed to work on fixing weights on the schlong mesh I use and the outfits so I'm finally making some meaningful progress on that part. Still gotta test it ingame if it's all good but as far as OS goes it looks good.

Hello folks !

A short-ish update from quarantine.

I felt motivated today and progressed some more in the zbrush part, fleshing out a bit more the mesh. There however is quite a distinct difference from before, as you'll be able to see quite easily

Spoiler

1624591880_Finallyconsolidated!.thumb.png.cb0b886f13d1ca885fff74071188b3a3.png

I finally merged all the subtools into one :D
This means that I can finally start working on unoformizing it as there's quite aa few discrepancies where there used to be seams on the boundaries of each subtool (or I should say former subtool). After this it'll be the start of the improving of the mesh and details sculpting.

Paralleledly I've tinkered with the latest version of Outfit Studio which finally comes with a way of posing your model. Unfortunately the release isn't perfect (as you've probably seen from the previous exchange between Jarka and I) but I found out that as long as you don't touch the mesh at all while it is posed it preserves the posing data. Thanks to that (and even if it's not as practical as I'd wish it'd be as some tweaks are more easily done through topology changes than reweighting) I've worked on tweaking the outfits I'd done previously as tests and finally gone through the reweighting of the penis mesh, both on the combined mesh I have to help me out and on the folded penis mesh I've done previously.

I haven't tested either of them ingame yet but as per OS it looks like the weird crotch deformations should finally be gone for good this time, meaning that the porting of female outfits should be less of a pain this time around ^^

That's all for now folks !

Hello folks !

A quick update on my end.
I put the reweighted merged mesh to the test by using it to fix an outfit I'd ported to males which had some quite signifitcant issues.
Said outfit is the Gantz outfit which you can find over here:

How does it fare now then ? Well, see for yourselves:

Spoiler

20200331162311_1.thumb.jpg.d77beaf396b7d3a0b3c7eb96d9b19def.jpg20200331162255_1.thumb.jpg.880f1b50a72843cd3ab46c50e2b75dc4.jpg

Beforehand it'd warp on the crotch quite like the more revealing version below

Spoiler

20191212133154_1.thumb.jpg.1bf91dfb146871957bf679dac168db66.jpg20191212133218_1.thumb.jpg.5a31ad8d0eefb22eff6f32776bccba8f.jpg

So as you can probably tell it's an absolutely massive improvement. I've taken the time to also rework the weighting of the "filler" mesh I use for the skimpier outfits (like bikinis) and as per what I see in Outfit Studio it should work just as well. The only issues I see is that at the junction of the pelvis between the legs the outfits becomes quite pointy even though it has no reason to which means the weighting needs to be refined a bit more but still, massive improvements regardless.

For the curious, the warping came from the weight copy taking part of the L and R Thigh bones to weight the pelvis, despite the latter having its own bone (ergo, Pelvis). So whenever the character would move it'd warp in all sorts of bizarre ways. Fixing the weights basically involves de-weighting thigh-wise everything that in the pelvic region didn't need to and make sure the pelvis ones are behaving properly with the chances that are made. Overall a simple fix but it needs lots of fine tuning of the weights (which is a common occurrence from what I've seen).

As a little bonus to bear with the wait of a proper femboy release, have a screenshot of another outfit I converted to male using said new combined reference:

Spoiler

20200329152127_1.thumb.jpg.ec1bd2cc31cb4d169fdd75a91b99d699.jpg

That's all for now folks !

This will be my first time posting here so I guess my account is no longer a virgin that creeps on the forums. ?

Anyway, I used your underwear filling mesh for my futa character on tawoba bikini bottoms and in outfit studio everything looked fine. However when I equipped the bikini bottom in game the penis was bending at the base and was inside the body.

I have very minimal experience with modding so I tried to figure this thing out on my own but to no avail.

Help me O' wise members of this glorious community you are my only hope.

27 minutes ago, WhatIsPeace said:

This will be my first time posting here so I guess my account is no longer a virgin that creeps on the forums. ?

Anyway, I used your underwear filling mesh for my futa character on tawoba bikini bottoms and in outfit studio everything looked fine. However when I equipped the bikini bottom in game the penis was bending at the base and was inside the body.

I have very minimal experience with modding so I tried to figure this thing out on my own but to no avail.

Help me O' wise members of this glorious community you are my only hope.

Hello there :D

The weird bending is most definitely bad weights (I'm working on a better version on that matter as of now) so sorry for those issues. The sinking in the body is also perhaps tied to a lack of skeleton on the penis mesh itself which is an issue I've found quite recently (if you look in the previous pages you'll see my messages about it)

Regardless fo that you're likely having issues with it because I've made it with male characters in mind so it uses a different skeleton altogether than the female one. That's most likely what causes those problems you're having. Unfortunately I haven't worked on a shape like that for females (maybe I will in the future, who knows) so maybe you could ask in the SoS for Females thread as they might be able to help you more in how to get the two to play along. :)

Thanks for the quick reply friend!

I forgot that it was made with males in mind I just had hopeful optimism that it work on females. Why has no one thought of futa panty bulges before? Can't be bottomless all the time gotta protect the assets y'know.

Will Comply on the thread move and best wishes on your mod and for your health in these troubled times.

PS. is it ok if I upload your underwear filling mesh so others can get it to work for SoS females?

1 hour ago, WhatIsPeace said:

Thanks for the quick reply friend!

I forgot that it was made with males in mind I just had hopeful optimism that it work on females. Why has no one thought of futa panty bulges before? Can't be bottomless all the time gotta protect the assets y'know.

Will Comply on the thread move and best wishes on your mod and for your health in these troubled times.

PS. is it ok if I upload your underwear filling mesh so others can get it to work for SoS females?

Well the one I'd uploaded doesn't work well so it's not really worth it. Like I said I'm working on a better version.
Regardless of that it's just the default SoS mesh folded onto itself so you can even make your own version ;)