Need some SexLab animation help

Cerin_Ortham

Hello, im trying to get Sexlab animations to work in skyrim, but no matter what i do it doesnt work.

i've followed all the developers instructions, ive done every troubleshooting suggestion i can try but nothing seems to work, the characters just stand there (sometimes inside of each other) and make the noises but no animations happen. So now i've decided to reach out and ask for help. can anyone help? DMs in Discord would be preffered, but at this pont ill take all the help i can get.

Thanks

Just now, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

You probably didn't use FNIS. You should use it and once it finishes copy all the text it generates and paste it as a reply here to check if everything seems in order.

i have installed FNIS where do i find the text? im still new to modding

27 minutes ago, Cerin_Ortham said:

i have installed FNIS where do i find the text? im still new to modding

You need to use FNIS, not just have it installed.

To do so you need to run GenerateFNISforUsers.exe. You can find that executable under your "\Skyrim\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users". You have to use it whenever you add or remove a mod that adds custom animations (like most of the sexlab mods do). Here is an example screenshot of how the tool looks. I'd recommend you to check the Arm fix as shown in that picture and hit the yellow button. The text will be in the white part of the window.

Edit: the above info is true if you did a manual install or are using NMM. If you're using Vortex check this video to learn how to setup FNIS to work with Vortex. If you're using MO you need to do a similar process, the link in my signature has a section explaining how to setup FNIS to work with MO (steps 7.1 and 7.2, but it's worth checking the whole step 7 in my obviously biased opinion; that guide was made for Skyrim SE, but the install/setup process is nearly the same for LE). Whatever mod manager you're using you'll have to learn how to use it. And read the description of the mods you're installing.

23 minutes ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

You need to use FNIS, not just have it installed.

To do so you need to run GenerateFNISforUsers.exe. You can find that executable under your "\Skyrim\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users". You have to use it whenever you add or remove a mod that adds custom animations (like most of the sexlab mods do). Here is an example screenshot of how the tool looks. I'd recommend you to check the Arm fix as shown in that picture and hit the yellow button. The text will be in the white part of the window.

Edit: the above info is true if you did a manual install or are using NMM. If you're using Vortex check this video to learn how to setup FNIS to work with Vortex. If you're using MO you need to do a similar process, the link in my signature has a section explaining how to setup FNIS to work with MO (steps 7.1 and 7.2, but it's worth checking the whole step 7 in my obviously biased opinion; that guide was made for Skyrim SE, but the install/setup process is nearly the same for LE). Whatever mod manager you're using you'll have to learn how to use it. And read the description of the mods you're installing.

image.png.4ac41da4739dd186afaf9a1442273a07.png

image.png.7fb223c85fcff3bbf8051cc1d9ce718a.png

alright i hit the button, here's a before and after pic

Just now, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

I don't remember if those anim numbers are correct, but I don't see any error/warning. Test it in game and let me know if you can get the anims to work this time.

yes they work! but now when i save the game my whole game crashes on me

Hmm I'd look into that tho, if you had this issue now it might come back later. I don't think that has something to do with FNIS or Sexlab in general. I personally have never experienced crashes on saving the game, so I don't have much to say about how to troubleshoot that.

8 minutes ago, Cerin_Ortham said:

i'll keep that in mind, now i have a NEW issue, i cant adjust the size of the schlong in SoS, the option is greyed out and says "SoSracemenu"  can you help with that too real quick?

That's because you installed a SOS plugin from XPMSE (the mod providing your humanoid skeletons). If you have that plugin installed you need to use the sliders in the creation character menu. To access that menu after finishing the initial character creation you need to use a console command. Open the console (usually is the button over TAB and left of the "1" in your keyboard) and write

showracemenu

That will open the char creation menu, now you need to go to the Genitals tab in that menu and change the sliders in there, once you're done close that menu as you did when first creating your character and keep playing. Make sure you don't change race during this process, that's the only dangerous change, as it might reset your skills/perks, you can play with every other setting without issue.

Archived