[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide 7th/April/2024).

2 hours ago, AWHA said:

Really wish this would be written in giant red letters so more people would see it. How is it possible that the new version is breaking things?

I would defer to the author's judgement but I am using Looksmenu 1.6.20 without issues. I am just as confused as you are as to what to do. Please note I am using using AAF 147 because I had glitches with AAF 154 and up. Might be the Looksmenu warning is because of incompatibility with the newer AAF.

On 1/10/2021 at 5:17 AM, Jaysjunk said:

LooksMenu 1.6.18 (REQUIRED) (Any version above this will break erections & morphs. Do not update or use LooksMenu ver 1.6.19 and 1.6.20)"
This is weird, I been using the latest version (1-6-20) before erections have stopped working. Is this really that important to use such an old version of LooksMenu?

I was just pointed to this requirement by another new user and am a bit confused as well. I've been using LM 1.6.20 (and 1.6.19 before that) and not seen any problems with morphs or erections. What was the evidence that newer LM is at fault and is there a bug report somewhere? If this is really causing a problem it's particularly unfortunate, since AAF recommends Buffout4 which needs a memory alignment patch to work with LM prior to 1.6.19, but stopped including that patch once 1.6.19 was released with the fix integrated. Also LM 1.6.20 fixed the very long-standing crash when using the clothing removal button.

5 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

I was just pointed to this requirement by another new user and am a bit confused as well. I've been using LM 1.6.20 (and 1.6.19 before that) and not seen any problems with morphs or erections. What was the evidence that newer LM is at fault and is there a bug report somewhere? If this is really causing a problem it's particularly unfortunate, since AAF recommends Buffout4 which needs a memory alignment patch to work with LM prior to 1.6.19, but stopped including that patch once 1.6.19 was released with the fix integrated. Also LM 1.6.20 fixed the very long-standing crash when using the clothing removal button.

Why does AAF recommend Buffout4 when most of us are successfully using current AAF without?

2 minutes ago, maddadicusrex said:

Why does AAF recommend Buffout4 when most of us are successfully using current AAF without?

Memory management improvements, particularly for folks combining AAF with other HUD-altering mods, where that easily leads to random CTDs. But more generally, it solves a broad variety of heap-oriented crashes and adds tons of additional crash debugging, making it easier to pinpoint the causes of other problems.

Hi :) . AAF works fine for me,the Problem is i have too many warnings...I installed the Mods too,which are missing by AAF. I don't understand the problem^^. I use Vortex... i know sometimes Vortex is a real pain ^^. I'm not shure if Vortex is the real Problem here...I had Problems with the Strap-ons Mod from the Start !!! Should i use another Mod Manager?? Or do anyone have a Idea on that...?? Or mybe a reinstall of the game would help ??

Oh and sorry for my bad english^^...i try my best but i'm not perfect.

Fallout 4 Screenshot 2021.02.01 - 08.46.53.15.png

2 hours ago, drayon04 said:

Hi :) . AAF works fine for me,the Problem is i have too many warnings...I installed the Mods too,which are missing by AAF. I don't understand the problem^^. I use Vortex... i know sometimes Vortex is a real pain ^^. I'm not shure if Vortex is the real Problem here...I had Problems with the Strap-ons Mod from the Start !!! Should i use another Mod Manager?? Or do anyone have a Idea on that...?? Or mybe a reinstall of the game would help ??

1)you have 2 missing esp

2)to fix other you need edit animationData.xml files in data/aaf folder, replace word time with word frames

4 hours ago, drayon04 said:

Vortex will sometimes install the mod and plugin but LOOT will not assign the plugin to the load order, thus disabling it. With new mod downloads, I will go to plugins, check for uninstalled files, then SORT. This will force Loot to assign the plugin.

I am actually getting the broken penis morphs on the latest Looksmenu and AAF. Does anyone know what exactly is causing this/how to fix it without rolling back Looksmenu? Rolling it back breaks my Presets menu and I love using presets when building characters. Either a fix to the Presets or a fix to the morphs would be very much appreciated.

10 minutes ago, rpgmanowar said:

I am actually getting the broken penis morphs on the latest Looksmenu and AAF. Does anyone know what exactly is causing this/how to fix it without rolling back Looksmenu? Rolling it back breaks my Presets menu and I love using presets when building characters. Either a fix to the Presets or a fix to the morphs would be very much appreciated.

Photo or video?

Hi :) .Sorry i can't solve my problem....mybe pics of what exactly i have to do would help more!! I tried for 2 days now and at the end always the same....oh^^ today i was unable to open the pip boy Menü without a crash to desktop^^....Skyrim was very easy for me with Adult Mods...but Fallout...idk mybe best i can do is play without it!! Thanks for the help.

18 hours ago, rpgmanowar said:

This guide says to use LM 1.6.18 and I can only assume @sayascarlett included that warning for a good reason. I just have yet to see an explanation for how it conflicts with AAF or a pointer to a bug report or anything. I'm using LM 1.6.20 and AAF 163 (a prerelease test build) together happily at the moment, but also previously used it with AAF 161.1 with no apparent issues. Does downgrading LM fix your morph problems? Do those problems persist if you start a fresh playthrough with the new versions?

4 hours ago, drayon04 said:

Hi :) .Sorry i can't solve my problem....mybe pics of what exactly i have to do would help more!! I tried for 2 days now and at the end always the same....oh^^ today i was unable to open the pip boy Menü without a crash to desktop^^....Skyrim was very easy for me with Adult Mods...but Fallout...idk mybe best i can do is play without it!! Thanks for the help.

DISCLAIMER: I will NOT check this post regularly, only to update it.

Please redirect ANY and ALL issues towards AAF Discord where the staff of mods / troubleshooters will help you resolve them.

AAF Discord link: https://discord.gg/B95qTEn

You seem to be having a very hard time. I'd suggest that you go to the discord channel and follow their instructions. They are active there. (dedicated support)  It is generally quicker in a channel like this than posting here.  Be prepared to post some screenshots and run some tools to get to the bottom of the issue. I'd tell them the brief issue, wait for them to give you instructions then do those EXACT instructions then wait for new info. More off tangent conversations the more time it will take and more likely you will loose support as they move on.

I did follow your interesting guide, maybe i am dumb, but the strapon is useless since UAP won't use it, so I did remove Leito, BP70 and SC from UAP management, and now they work with Vioxis.

Of course if you have a better solution I will be glad to ear it, since UAP is very nice for staged animation.

On 2/3/2021 at 12:41 AM, RitualClarity said:

You seem to be having a very hard time. I'd suggest that you go to the discord channel and follow their instructions. They are active there. (dedicated support)  It is generally quicker in a channel like this than posting here.  Be prepared to post some screenshots and run some tools to get to the bottom of the issue. I'd tell them the brief issue, wait for them to give you instructions then do those EXACT instructions then wait for new info. More off tangent conversations the more time it will take and more likely you will loose support as they move on.

Hi and thx^^.To tell the truth Discord was not very helpful....So i uninstall all...again...and install it.I think it was exactly like the guide said,but if so i realy don't know why i always have warnings in the AAF Admin Menu.Now i have : Warning 85 ,like i had before!! So you see below 1) is no more. But 2) i have right now and i don't know i can do this!! I'm sorry you all must think i'm a total noob^^.But i already said...Skyrim was np right now i have 220 Mods there+adult with no problem.If you can send pics or any help where exactly i must search i would be happy!!

On 2/1/2021 at 11:55 AM, Indarello said:

1)you have 2 missing esp

2)to fix other you need edit animationData.xml files in data/aaf folder, replace word time with word frames

On 2/2/2021 at 1:58 PM, drayon04 said:

The pipboy crash is a known FO4 glitch! It can hit anyone at any time! Sometimes trying an earlier save might sort it but often it is baked into your game save. You might want to look at your mods that might be script heavy. AAF, Sim City, Sorting mods, Pipboy enhancement mods, etc. Too many if this type will blow up your game. Almost missing ESP's is usually a mod not correctly installed. Some mod managers will mess that up. Also warnings in the AAF menu does not necessarily mean your AAF will not work. AAF will trigger false warnings that tend to be vaporware. I probably have a few in my flawless and stable game setup. I just ignore them and continue to have fun.

6 hours ago, drayon04 said:

Hi and thx^^.To tell the truth Discord was not very helpful....So i uninstall all...again...and install it.I think it was exactly like the guide said,but if so i realy don't know why i always have warnings in the AAF Admin Menu.Now i have : Warning 85 ,like i had before!! So you see below 1) is no more. But 2) i have right now and i don't know i can do this!! I'm sorry you all must think i'm a total noob^^.But i already said...Skyrim was np right now i have 220 Mods there+adult with no problem.If you can send pics or any help where exactly i must search i would be happy!!

Discord is the location where support is given for this guide.  Not sure why Discord "was not very helpful" every time I am on there they are helping many people sometimes painstakingly.  Now many people decide they want to tell what help they are being given, not follow the instructions and give the needed reports and captures and ... then, yes, you will find Discord not very helpful. I don't know what happened while you were there but can tell you there are many there that have helped with this guide.

Some people want to tell support what help to give because they have pirated games, questionable mods, or even trying to install mods that they are told not to use. This is the reason for the steps given for the support, and reasons why they might not seem "very helpful"...

If any of the above is the case, you will find very limited to no support here, and greatly limited often times outdated support elsewhere. If it was you were just impatient.. give it some more time, follow their instructions and you will be helped. Keep asking all you want here, those that are support and knows the ins and outs of the setups process, won't answer. Those that do often times give wrong or outdated info.

11 hours ago, maddadicusrex said:

The pipboy crash is a known FO4 glitch! It can hit anyone at any time! Sometimes trying an earlier save might sort it but often it is baked into your game save. You might want to look at your mods that might be script heavy. AAF, Sim City, Sorting mods, Pipboy enhancement mods, etc. Too many if this type will blow up your game. Almost missing ESP's is usually a mod not correctly installed. Some mod managers will mess that up. Also warnings in the AAF menu does not necessarily mean your AAF will not work. AAF will trigger false warnings that tend to be vaporware. I probably have a few in my flawless and stable game setup. I just ignore them and continue to have fun.

Yes ok...i thought so too i had the pip boy crash when i had Sim Settlement / Horizon and Fusion City Rising^^.That was too much i think,there also nothing worked ( load any Save Game of this). Now i have Sim Settlement and Homemaker and it is ok right now.Yes ok i will try with this warnings thank you :) !!