Sims 3 ways to improve game play -LINK-

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1131162350

I found this all in one post giving many ways to improve the sims 3 for current systems use as well as basic tips, tricks, and understanding of the way the game works.

Grab a sandwich, and start reading.....

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit: 1/22/2022   As always - trying to make the game better with the little things. There has been discussion recently elsewhere on LL concerning the use of a .package which is meant to speed up the menu display appearing after clicking 'something' in game. While that's a rough description, I've had success with it. Because of the amount of CC I use, I also experience a delay while the CAS menus load and found something I'm trying and wanted to share.

Listed in the above link was a file I had not checked out previously. https://modthesims.info/d/658759/smooth-patch.html

Anyone deciding to try this themselves because I've mentioned it should also (as I have) Make a COPY of the Sims 3/Game/Bin right in the same folder as the original. So the one used and a new one with COPY at the end of the name. Now there is a safe back up if the patch isn't wanted - just delete the patched one and change the copy name back to the default name. My folder is less than 400 MB so it shouldn't be an issue for others either.

Edited by landess

For any "Origin" users who might not even bother clicking on that link, because they saw "Steam".  I took a quick look and the info on that site is purely TS3, not Steam-specific.  Also, I've been on here long enough to know that landess doesn't have the Steam version, so if he's suggesting something, it'll more than likely apply regardless of how you purchased TS3.

Thought I'd point that out, as some might not even click it due to the info's source.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Cranky, thanks for the link, was very useful with some issues i was having in cass (two kours or so to assing new clothes to a sim) .

Thanks to you, in the cas i spend no more than 15 minutes per sim (A record for my slow computer)

53 minutes ago, chete69 said:

very useful with some issues i was having

I personally liked making the Sims footprint smaller, now some custom homes which are tight on space don't annoy me anymore.

• 10 months later...
On 2/27/2020 at 2:54 AM, landess said:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1131162350

I found this all in one post giving many ways to improve the sims 3 for current systems use as well as basic tips, tricks, and understanding of the way the game works.

Grab a sandwich, and start reading.....

There are many useful tweaks in this link. The more impactful for me was the patch for new graphic cards.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guy I tried something couple week ago. What I did was to remove worlds and some of there objectCache file that I don't used from the GameData\Shared\NonPackage and stored them on my desktop and  I saw a increase in the game loading speed but fair warning if you remove the file from the  the sims 3 game\shared\nonPackage the game word be red. And one more thing I used the sims 3 CDs and not the online version.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2021 at 6:48 PM, Dailycard said:

Hi guy I tried something couple week ago. What I did was to remove worlds and some of there objectCache file that I don't used from the GameData\Shared\NonPackage and stored them on my desktop and  I saw a increase in the game loading speed but fair warning if you remove the file from the  the sims 3 game\shared\nonPackage the game word be red. And one more thing I used the sims 3 CDs and not the online version.

I haven't tried to mess with it because I like using ALL the extra content that each EP provides - such as hairs, furniture, etc.

I thought there is a feature to 'turn off' certain EP's using the launcher which should do sort of the same thing - but I never messed with it or even bothered checking how to utilize it. Besides the loss of some CC, having to remember which saves used what, is more trouble to me than it's worth. 

If this feature doesn't exist - chalk it up to my Oldheimer's kicking in . . . . .

Still, for veteran users of the game whom don't have their own quantum computer, this could be of some help as long as they understand they are making worlds unavailable when moving them and need to remember to 'plug them in' if needed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2021 at 8:44 AM, landess said:

I haven't tried to mess with it because I like using ALL the extra content that each EP provides - such as hairs, furniture, etc.

I thought there is a feature to 'turn off' certain EP's using the launcher which should do sort of the same thing - but I never messed with it or even bothered checking how to utilize it. Besides the loss of some CC, having to remember which saves used what, is more trouble to me than it's worth. 

If this feature doesn't exist - chalk it up to my Oldheimer's kicking in . . . . .

Still, for veteran users of the game whom don't have their own quantum computer, this could be of some help as long as they understand they are making worlds unavailable when moving them and need to remember to 'plug them in' if needed.

The .objectCache seem to be link with the world not your in game objects package but it is up to the individual so far I have removed 7.85 GB from the loader screen so I can add back in 7.85gb in download.

1 hour ago, landess said:

I added a link in the OP with reference to a patch which may help players whom also found interest in the 'Menu speed boost' mod being discussed recently.

Here is link to LazyDuchess Tumblr... https://lazyduchess.tumblr.com/

That is where I first found reference to Oniki's lag fix mod, as well as several other mods by LazyDuchess.

I use both Smooth Patch and LD's Sims 3 Launcher, both from Lazy Duchess. The latest version of Smooth Patch works really well for me.

I play the Origin launcher version of Sims 3, and I know some people don't like it, but I don't mind it too much. LD's Sims 3 Launcher is an alternative version of the Sims 3 Launcher, specifically for the Origin version of the game. It lets you launch directly into the game without first starting the launcher and then clicking on Play. It also adds some features to make finding for stuff in your installed content tab much nicer, but adding some extra tabs to the type of package, and having a text entry to filter by name. In the Launcher, there is a checkbox to make it skip the launcher, and immediately start the game. If you check that, the only way to get back to the launcher view is to run it from a command line with a flag telling it not to bypass the launcher. I personally find this a bit of a hassle, so set up two shortcuts for the different ways of starting it. One shortcut has the flag to bypass the launcher, and the other shortcut has the flag to not bypass the launcher.

• 2 weeks later...