Help with Outfit studio

TheAxase

Hello, I know this has probably been asked a lot of time, but I have trouble using outfit studio and I can't find any tutorial that could help me.

I'm actually using the wench bodyslide preset.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59072/?

As you can see this preset makes your character very curvaceous (When weight = 100).

My problem is that every armor conversion mod i'm trying to use have massive clipping even after building them in Bodyslide.

I'm trying to use thise one:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25259

(Maybe there are better mod to replace armors? A mod that was made for curvy body?)

I found a lot of tutorial explaining how to convert clothes, how to edit them but I can't find tutorial about editing an armor to make them match a bodypreset.

Here is what i'm doing so far:

1: Opening the armor in outfit studio

2: Load the prest (Slider tab > Load preset... > Wench Body > High weight > OK)

3: Select the meshes, SkaalCoat for example which as breasts clip issues

Right now, if I'm trying to use the "Increase mesh volume" tool, I will get an error saying: You can only edit the base shape when all sliders are zero.

I don't want that because the armor are not clipping when all the sliders are 0.

I know that I need to click on the pen button in front of each sliders. But I don't really understand how it works because it is still moving my sliders.

Example with breast gravity slider:

Original = 60%

After clicking "Turn on edit mode" = 100%

After clicking the button once again when changes are made: 0%

What am I doing wrong ? Is there another way to proceed ? Maybe is there a guide somewhere ?

Thanks in advance and i'm very sorry for my poor english. I hope you're all able to read it.

22 minutes ago, TheAxase said:

Hello, I know this has probably been asked a lot of time, but I have trouble using outfit studio and I can't find any tutorial that could help me.

I'm actually using the wench bodyslide preset.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59072/?

As you can see this preset makes your character very curvaceous (When weight = 100).

My problem is that every armor conversion mod i'm trying to use have massive clipping even after building them in Bodyslide.

I'm trying to use thise one:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25259

(Maybe there are better mod to replace armors? A mod that was made for curvy body?)

I found a lot of tutorial explaining how to convert clothes, how to edit them but I can't find tutorial about editing an armor to make them match a bodypreset.

Here is what i'm doing so far:

1: Opening the armor in outfit studio

2: Load the prest (Slider tab > Load preset... > Wench Body > High weight > OK)

3: Select the meshes, SkaalCoat for example which as breasts clip issues

Right now, if I'm trying to use the "Increase mesh volume" tool, I will get an error saying: You can only edit the base shape when all sliders are zero.

I don't want that because the armor are not clipping when all the sliders are 0.

I know that I need to click on the pen button in front of each sliders. But I don't really understand how it works because it is still moving my sliders.

Example with breast gravity slider:

Original = 60%

After clicking "Turn on edit mode" = 100%

After clicking the button once again when changes are made: 0%

What am I doing wrong ? Is there another way to proceed ? Maybe is there a guide somewhere ?

Thanks in advance and i'm very sorry for my poor english. I hope you're all able to read it.

Have you looked at this (I don't normally do what you're doing but this is where I would go for that information):

One thing you can do to eliminate clipping is to make a Zap slider on the base body shape if the armor doesn't use transparency.

A rough example in the spoiler, here you can see that the armor mesh is quite low poly so it clips if you morph it too much. Mask the area you want to Zap on the base body, then tool/invert mask and then Slider/New zap slider (with the base body selected) and give it a name.

You can then select the new slider in the right pane, Slider/Properties and tick Zapped and Hidden. Then when you build the armor in bodyslide the "Zapped" area won't exist in the new mesh.

Spoiler

Untitled.jpg.db4957ceb5d1d21bb2d12a6daefd435d.jpg

4 hours ago, TheAxase said:

- snip -

Well, you can do things however you'd like to, but I think the reason you are having trouble is because, in my opinion, you are using OS incorrectly.  Your BodySlide "preset" is irrelevant. In OS, you should start with a new project, select CBBE HDT (or UUNP), then select the armor.  Now look over my "How To" and size the armor to the "reference" body as explained.  This is how one is "suppose" to use OS for sizing.  If you still have issues (based on how extreme your BodySlide preset is), then take note of those areas and reload your armor "project" file in OS, make tweaks and check it out again.  This way, the armor is size per the OS "reference body" - not some "wench" preset - and can be used for other bodies if and when needed.

1 hour ago, C5Kev said:

Well, you can do things however you'd like to, but I think the reason you are having trouble is because, in my opinion, you are using OS incorrectly.  Your BodySlide "preset" is irrelevant. In OS, you should start with a new project, select CBBE HDT (or UUNP), then select the armor.  Now look over my "How To" and size the armor to the "reference" body as explained.  This is how one is "suppose" to use OS for sizing.  If you still have issues (based on how extreme your BodySlide preset is), then take note of those areas and reload your armor "project" file in OS, make tweaks and check it out again.  This way, the armor is size per the OS "reference body" - not some "wench" preset - and can be used for other bodies if and when needed.

Thank you! I'm going to try your guide (thanks for your work again). If I have too much trouble I'll try to find an less "extreme" body preset.

Archived