I uninstalled break undies. Still the khezu armor is not working.  The meshes are in "data/meshes/movomo/khezu". Hope that is where it's suppose to be.

Plus where is CS available? I got the goty edition and it did not include CS. What other software can be used for modding? Would like to learn how to do this stuff. Since there are plenty of mods for female characters but I would like to update some for BBB and break armor.  I would also like to do some good male Ranger outfits. Better then what I have seen available.

That mesh path is right. Did you say all other BA armors work fine? Can you see the first stage armor (intact) normally? Then I'd have to assume you've wrongly renamed BA stage nifs by mistake.

You can download CS here anyway.

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/index.php?title=The_Elder_Scrolls_Construction_Set

But TES4Edit is sometimes much stronger than CS and should be enough for this kind of purpose.

I have only downloaded the vanilla break armor. The others are break undies.  yaarm and khezu are the 2 I used the most. Yaarm does work. I have 2 others that I have not tried yet.  I do have a question? I have downloaded and installed the "Fly" non replacer mod.  Some of those armors are available in the vanilla break armor.  I went through and did the install with every "fly" version in the break armor.  I then copied them out and placed them in the Fly non replacer folders.  Then reinstalled for the armors that I wanted.  Seems there is a lot more to do in getting them to work.  Not as break armor claimed that all it needed were additional meshes and it would find them.

Not as break armor claimed that all it needed were additional meshes and it would find them.

It is! All it requires are additional broken stage meshes. The plugin I uploaded days ago is exactly the one I was using, and it does not contain any break script.. that is, without Break Armor Framework it's only a typical armor plugin. Do those stock armors work at all? If even they are not working, something is definitely wrong on your side.

You need to;

have OBSE v20 or higher, as the OP states.

delete Break Undies Framework, or enable BU disabler. BreakArmor should be loaded after BU_Disabler, as the OP states. Break Armor was developed aiming to entirely replace the old BUF system so deleting it is recommended.

Double check the name of the nif files.

BreakArmor is fully compatible with all Break Undies style meshes. To ensure backwards compatibility with Break Undies meshes, Break Undies 2.x style ini files can be read and processed by BreakArmor.

However, BreakArmor can also function without Break Undies ini files.

Whenever a new piece of armor is detected, BreakArmor will check the mesh's folder for BreakArmor compatible meshes. It then looks for a very specific pattern in the name _ba#.nif

Assume that the base clothing mesh is called "clothingmeshname.nif"

Rename the break meshes to match the following pattern so that the folder looks like this:

clothingmeshname.nif

clothingmeshname_ba1.nif

clothingmeshname_ba2.nif

clothingmeshname_ba#.nif

clothingmeshname.nif is the base unbroken mesh (the one listed in the esp/esm that loads the clothing). clothingmeshname_ba1.nif is the first broken state, clothingmeshname_ba#.nif is the most broken state.

Post your load order and let me check which mods are active.

The vanilla break armor work fine.  Seems they are the only ones that work.

I have the OBSE 20. I deactivated break undies through obmm. Have not deleted it. Have BU disabler inactive at the moment.  Break armor is far down below this with alot of mods in between.  I can try moving break armor up closer and see if that helps.  I know the break files for the khezu armor started at BU2. I did rename them.

This may make a difference.  This file is a little larger then my other file.  Am starting to wonder if something in my break armor mod is only looking in the "armor" directory for break files.  What I thought of. I recently downloaded "Apachii" clothes and armor.  Replace their elven armor with the fly elven armor with break meshes and see if they then work.  If they do then that would at least start pointing to where my problem is.

Would like to know. Did you install by drag and drop where it needed. Or with OBMM? I installed with OBMM and thinking of uninstalling, deleting and doing a drag and drop install.

Drag and drop? Do be careful unless you know what you're doing. It makes uninstalling really tedious.

*edit*

Well good to hear that. I had uploaded one more lab breakable armor in "my testinghall" thread but I can't link to it as I'm posting this with my cell phone.

• 1 month later...

Hi, i have some questions:

1. Ive installed this mode, "BreakArmor for Vanilla Armors" and "BU Armors Compilation". Everything works fine but armor became too much fragile (4-5 hits from the rat and Elven armor goes from 100 to 10) How can i change it?  

2. What about compatibility with Setbody Reloaded?

Hi, i have some questions:

1. Ive installed this mode, "BreakArmor for Vanilla Armors" and "BU Armors Compilation". Everything works fine but armor became too much fragile (4-5 hits from the rat and Elven armor goes from 100 to 10) How can i change it?

Hmm...the BreakArmor framework should't affect durability in any way.  Is it possible that you installed some other mod that affected armor durability at the same time that you installed BreakArmor?  I know NudeShy has an option that affects item durability (I think it increases the damage done to armor), and that there are also mods that simply lower the durability value of armors.

That depends a bit on what you mean by compatibility.

BreakArmor and Setbody Reloaded should not interfere with each other in any way.

However, I suspect that you are asking if it is possible for the body set by setbody reloaded to change the clothing set by Break Armor.

At the moment, no. I'll look into adding an ini-based framework if ever get around to coding the next update to Setbody Reloaded and BreakArmor, but for now I'm mostly buried under my Blender Scripts.

However, this has been a common request since I released the first version of Setbody Reloaded, and I've been thinking about it for a very long time. Here's what I would probably do, but no promises that I will actually do it.

1. Load all setbody meshes from an external ini file. Include some user-customizeable categorization options like cup size, so that various meshes with C-Cups, for example, could be categorized as C-Cup meshes.

2. Add a SetClothing function to SetBody and BreakArmor (probably a stand-alone esp, actually)

2.1. This would use a variation of my BreakArmor parsing function to look at an NPC's clothing and compare it to a simple body categorization string from SetBody.

2.2. It then gets the mesh path and parses the name

2.3. Finally, it searches the folder for nif files with an appropriate name and triggers a swap.

Ex. You might have a piece of armor with the nif name genericArmor.nif.

The breakArmor variants are genericArmor_ba1.nif, genericArmor_ba2.nif, etc

The setClothing variants (if I decide to take on this project) might be something along the lines of (for a cup and c cup variants):

genericArmor_sca.nif, genericArmor_scc.nif

and the setClothing & BreakArmor variants would be

genericArmor_sca_ba1.nif, genericArmor_sca_ba2.nif, etc.

genericArmor_scc_ba1.nif, genericArmor_scc_ba2.nif, etc.

The idea would be to put other modders and end users in the drivers seat. I'd like to allow other people to configure which clothing gets changed by the framework and which body styles belong to which categories.

Honestly, categorizing armor and body types and compiling collections is not something I necessarily have the time to take on, but if I can find the time, I'll code a framework that modders and end-users can use to do so.

To be honest, I don't think that's worth all the efforts.

The framework is possible by its own. However, from what I had experienced while working on my Automatic Armor Populator, configuring such thing from the end users is complicated to the hell. Quite a lot of folks don't even get the autosetbody properly customized.

As to categorizing the bodies on the Setbody end, that's no problem. we probably can add a couple of functions that process the body categorization from the ini file and sort all the existing bodies in some other array- or the next entry of the body data array. I neither use Autosetbody nor bother installing multiple boobs of the same clothing, but that's a different story.

I haven't decided if I'll actually do it or not.

But I think about 80% of the scripting that would be required has already been coded and tested for the BreakArmor project.

My thinking with a SetClothing mod, if I were to code the framework, would be to treat it almost exactly the way I do mesh swaps in BreakArmor, with the triggering conditions based on setbody reported body types.

Then I'd make both BreakArmor and Setbody aware of SetClothing and, if the esp is found, have SetBody send a call to SetClothing informing it whenever SetBody changes a body type. SetClothing would send a call to BreakArmor and let it know whenever it swapped a mesh, so that BreakArmor could update the item array for the affected NPC.

In fact, I'd be tempted to either integrate SetClothing directly into the BreakArmor framework, or at least make BreakArmor a dependency of SetClothing.

Really, the way I'd do it, it would be almost exactly the same framework.

Boy, now I am getting interested. If only I didn't *completely* manage to break my Blender tool framework the other day I'd probably start now. Right now I'm rebuilding the Lattice Generator from the ground up and migrating most of the functions to external objects. It's a bit crazy...I created a bug that makes absolutely no sense, spent a day trying in vain to track it down, and now I'm so irritated with the craptastic structure of the Lattice Generator code that I'm stripping her down and rebuilding her from parts.

1. Setbody Reloaded uses 'bodies' as 'clothing' as I recall, hence this MOD sees your PC as 'dressed'.

So that is it. When the character naked, hits by enemy can break the body. Is there is something to change it?

1. Setbody Reloaded uses 'bodies' as 'clothing' as I recall, hence this MOD sees your PC as 'dressed'.

So that is it. When the character naked, hits by enemy can break the body. Is there is something to change it?

Greetings.

Just by the way , no , i don't think so even if at this moment i don't use yet any  'Bombshell 'or "set body" mod in this computer  ... you cannot break a "clothe" ...  but only and armor.

Good evening.

Greetings.

Just by the way , no , i don't think so even if at this moment i don't use yet any  'Bombshell 'or "set body" mod in this computer  ... you cannot break a "clothe" ...  but only and armor.

Good evening.

Wrong. Break Armor system has the feature to break clothings as well based on the actor health and fatigue.

And actually, this "break clothing" is working even better than the "break armor". I'm using this feature in my modified version of BU armor compilation and my own collection esp.

However it's surely a mad scientist experiment to try to break setbody items anyway. Because most of Setbody mods rely on OnActorUnequip event handler.

It may be possible to implement some kind of "break body" to the blockhead version Setbody I guess. Something completely independent from Break Armor itself.

Hi there.

@ Movomo .

I don't understand ... sorry.

On other computers i use the BU system ... most of the "stuffs" used came from Lovender's mods. I also use the Electrro's ' bombshell ' mod ( Designer Body Spell mod - with his Deedee's Skeleton) ... and i never loose a "body" ...

Of course ,the  "clothes"   in the BU directory/folder ( like Sophitia ... but they are clothes made like an armor , right ??? )  could be "broken because they are defined in the BU system ( BU01,BU02 etc...) ... but not a body ( used as a " clothe"  in this situation)  sit by a " Bombshell mod  " cannot be broken with the BU system i use .

I suppose your BU system works another way  , i must try it . Sorry for my mystake in the last post in this case.

Cheers.

PS : to make things clear , what i mean is that you can only " destroy" Armors/clothes especially done for the BU system , not others , because there is not 'Health" point in a  "clothe"  ... and a body ( or " body/clothe " used by the "Set body system "  has no "health point" ...

Is that  right ?

PPS : after reading once again the first page of this topic , i don't see any difference about this BU system and the one i use . It seems to be exactly the same.

PS : to make things clear , what i mean is that you can only " destroy" Armors/clothes especially done for the BU system , not others , because there is not 'Health" point in a  "clothe"  ... and a body ( or " body/clothe " used by the "Set body system "  has no "health point" ...

Is that  right ?

PPS : after reading once again the first page of this topic , i don't see any difference about this BU system and the one i use . It seems to be exactly the same.

Please take another look at the front page.

BreakUndies *only* breaks armor meshes that have health. That's it. BreakUndies also will not work with user-enchanted items, and if you want to add an armor, you need to look up the itemid in the construction set and add the whole mess to an ini file along with all of the file paths.

BreakArmor breaks Clothing, Armor, and Weapons. BreakArmor will work with any enchanted item. If you want to add an armor, clothing, or weapon, all that you need to do is place the correctly named meshes in the folder with the original item.

Those are the main differences between the two systems. The back-end framework is completely different, but the in-game user experience should be somewhat similar (both systems swap armor meshes as the armors receive damage), although the BreakArmor mesh swaps should be a bit faster.

To explain a bit about the BreakClothing function, I designed it to use NPC/Player health to determine mesh swaps. So, as an NPC gets more damaged, any breakClothing compatible clothing items will be swapped as they are damaged.

So, how do you make an armor breakarmor compatible?

The best way is to name the swap meshes using the breakarmor convention. If the original mesh is armor.nif, then the break meshes just need to be named armor_ba1.nif, armor_ba2.nif, etc. and placed in the same folder as the original mesh.

BreakArmor will automatically detect that the mesh is now breakArmor compatible and will begin swapping *any* items in game that use that mesh.

Soooo... is there something to do with this?

Im fighting naked

S6lUyXE.jpg

Hmm, no idea. Those "torn clothing pieces" is this what you're talking about?

I'm pretty sure that I've seen Shianeko talking about torn armors and armor shards. Unfortunately it's been a while I have played NudeShy X so I'm not 100% certain. If your armor health is too low check your Nudeshy ini file.

As to potential conflict between BA and Setbody, there may be one actually. By very very slight chance, sometimes Break Armor doesn't give your armor back to you after it temporarily removes it. Unfortunately, I'm not certain about this again. *If* this is right, this very minor conflict should also be gone if you use the beta Setbody Blockhead version ( the one that is linked in my sig.)

Soooo... is there something to do with this?

Im fighting naked

S6lUyXE.jpg

I'm not certain, but I believe that is a nudeshy message. Look in the nudeshy ini file and make sure that any meshes with /bombshell/ in the pathname are treated as nude bodies.

• 2 weeks later...

Read through most of this rather quickly, so maybe I missed it. What is the prefered LO position for the core ESP, BreakArmor.esp?

Gonna try the disable BreakUndies.esm route first as that would be one less to load...

Just realized another. Should I disable zBUArmors.esp also?

breakarmor doesn't modify any cells or in-game resources, so it is load order agnostic.

The only thing that it really conflicts with is BreakUndies. Break Armor is intended as a replacement to the Break Undies framework, with several improvements to performance, reliability, and most importantly, flexibility.

For zBUArmors, I honestly have no idea. If it adds armors to the game, then keep it. On the other hand, if it has BreakUndies esm as a master, then things get a bit messier.