Tentacles teleported me & launched me into a flaming barrel in the sky!

emes

Not sure if this is a, uh, common problem, but I thought I'd ask just in case there's an obvious answer to why this is happening.

Here's what I've got going on:

-Got tentacle parasite from Deviously Cursed Loot
-I've edited the armor in TES5edit so that Milk Mod Economy can see it and treat it as a parasite
-MME triggers an Estrus animation (and I've noticed that the tentacles that do the actual penetration appear to be missing for this)
-Screen goes black for a moment as I'm teleported to a new location
-Animation begins as my character is launched WAY up into the sky
-In the air, she intersects with a barrel that was already up there. The barrel is on fire. The fire kills her.

Is this just me, or has this happened to other people?

Did I use the wrong version of Estrus? (I think I'm using the latest version--no ESP, of course--and most recent Estrus Charus+, etc.)

No, I'm not making it up! It really happens! I can't seem to stop it from happening at that. ;)

Spoiler

flaming-barrel-1.jpg

flaming-barrel-2.jpg

flaming-barrel-3.jpg

flaming-barrel-4.jpg

flaming-barrel-5.jpg

From running through the sequence again (tried an older version of Estrus which seems to have brought back the penetrating tentacles), it looks like I'm teleported to a giant's camp (there were no giants anywhere around me at the time) just before, um...lift-off.

As for the edits, I just gave the "hidden" armor a name (seems the item in your inventory is a fake when it comes to Devious Devices) and removed the chastity bra tag (prevented milking) and belt (which were blocking the Estrus event from happening).

Spoiler

flaming-barrel-6.jpg

It'd be nice if the default DCL stuff would play nice with MME, but this workaround was the best I could come up with.

13 minutes ago, emes said:

From running through the sequence again (tried an older version of Estrus which seems to have brought back the penetrating tentacles), it looks like I'm teleported to a giant's camp (there were no giants anywhere around me at the time) just before, um...lift-off.

The giant camp you where teleported to is called Sleeping tree camp and it's the center of skyrim.

Means if a SL animation doesn't get setup right it will move the scene to the middle of skyrim ( vertically(?) and horizontally) => the giant camp you end up at

Also this explains the floating, but not the barrel ^^

What estrus version did you install?

Older than zzEstrus v120?

Not sure how well older zzEstrus work with Estrus+

For me it seems the barrel is from the old estrus version you are using.

About devious devices:

They are composed from at least 2 FormIDs ingame.

One inventory and one for the script_instance.

I'm not sure what happens if you change parameters of one of those.

You bug is worth to be posted here too ?:

12 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

The giant camp you where teleported to is called Sleeping tree camp and it's the center of skyrim.

Means if a SL animation doesn't get setup right it will move the scene to the middle of skyrim ( vertically(?) and horizontally) => the giant camp you end up at

Also this explains the floating, but not the barrel ^^

Yeah, doing some more searching, I came across this. See it mentioned that both DCL and Defeat can cause this issue? Heh. I've got both and a whole lot more. Lots of merged mods as well, so I've probably pushed things way to far.

The flaming barrel, though... no idea what would have added that, but I'm assuming it's running into the same problem where it's being sent to the center of the map.

12 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

What estrus version did you install?

Older than zzEstrus v120?

Not sure how well older zzEstrus work with Estrus+

For me it seems the barrel is from the old estrus version you are using.

I had v250 originally, and tried 160r1. Only other version I have (and haven't tried) is 215.

UPDATE: 

Okay, looks like the barrel originated from The Great Cities, which is a city overhaul mod. No idea why it's in the sky. Or on fire. 

25 minutes ago, emes said:

Defeat

SLdefeat (original and patched version) is the only mod that caused this on my setups so far.

Have DCL back in my LO and check if it happens to me, if so thx for warning me.

25 minutes ago, emes said:

I had v250 originally, and tried 160r1. Only other version I have (and haven't tried) is 215.

I can confirm this versions work:

V 241r1

V 160r1

but they also have a missing tentacle for penetration (the double tentacle animation I guess), unless it's a Estrus + version issue

thx to you I just saw this one:

EstrusForSkyrimV241r1-33102-2-41r1-1552314699

"It is a modified version of 2.41.
Fixed a problem that Estrus Etc set2's animation does not play correctly."

(guess I just renamed the folder and I was using v241r1 already)

it seems to be the same as v241r1, but with more numbers?^^

I'm not sure if I ever updated to this version

I didn't even know that there is a v250, not tested myself.

That barrel is very odd, MME or zzEstrus thing is my guess.

Maybe @Bane Master knows more about tentacles and barrels

12 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

Maybe @Bane Master knows more about tentacles and barrels

Afraid I know nothing about Flaming Barrel Launchers - certainly there are none in EC+, personally I suspect the Dwemer!

I have seen the "teleported to the Giants camp (or the sky above it)" effect during SL anims - It seems to be something to do with SL being unable to correctly relocate the actors in the world at the start of the animation rather than the animation selected - I have always been able to fix it in my games by using the clean install option in the SL MCM.

The last version of Estrus that had the working double tentacle was 1.60r - everything since then has been broken for that anim.

1 hour ago, Bane Master said:

Afraid I know nothing about Flaming Barrel Launchers - certainly there are none in EC+, personally I suspect the Dwemer!

Well, I've at least verified that the barrel came from a city overhaul mod. Not sure why it was in the sky, though. Maybe it was using a script for placement and something went wrong?

I have seen the "teleported to the Giants camp (or the sky above it)" effect during SL anims - It seems to be something to do with SL being unable to correctly relocate the actors in the world at the start of the animation rather than the animation selected - I have always been able to fix it in my games by using the clean install option in the SL MCM.

I did come across that suggestion while I was looking into the issue. (Along with some people saying it tends to happen after a Defeat event, which I did have prior to this happening.)

Next chance I get, I'm going to try doing the Sexlab clean & rebuild and see if that gets things back to "normal."

The last version of Estrus that had the working double tentacle was 1.60r - everything since then has been broken for that anim.

I saw that was the version specifically required by Estrus Charus+ and, thankfully, someone had a copy of it linked in the discussion thread. I'm going to run with that version for now and see how it goes.

Archived