mods removing important tags from children characters

I keep getting this error even though I went through and deleted every other mod I've ever downloaded not related to Deviously Cursed Loot. Anyone know what to do to resolve this?

This is probably the main issue I'm running into besides SkyUI and SKSE and other related programs not wanting to work properly. If anyone knows how to troubleshoot these as well, I'd greatly appreciate it.

26 minutes ago, MoralVirgin said:

I keep getting this error

What error?  You didn't list one.  Removing "tags" (I think you mean keywords) from children is only an error if the mod doing it shouldn't.

Which "tags" are missing?  What are the symptoms?

What is your load order?

What does this have to do with SkyUI and SKSE not working properly?

Frankly, those are far bigger problems than anything going on with the children.

What's that skse_launcher? do you know how to install SKSE with Vortex? Racemenu and SkyUI don't detect your SKSE version, probably because you didn't install it correctly. Same goes for Engine Fixes. You have part 1 and 2 of Engine fixes in Vortex. If you read the description, you'll see part 2 must be manually installed in your Skyrim SE folder, not with a mod manager. Your FNIS install is probably wrong too, can't say for sure without taking a look at the FNIS log, but again your game doesn't recognize the version which is bad (but this may be just because of your bad SKSE install, not sure).

48 minutes ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

What's that skse_launcher? do you know how to install SKSE with Vortex? Racemenu and SkyUI don't detect your SKSE version, probably because you didn't install it correctly. Same goes for Engine Fixes. You have part 1 and 2 of Engine fixes in Vortex. If you read the description, you'll see part 2 must be manually installed in your Skyrim SE folder, not with a mod manager. Your FNIS install is probably wrong too, can't say for sure without taking a look at the FNIS log, but again your game doesn't recognize the version which is bad (but this may be just because of your bad SKSE install, not sure).

It's a launcher that I think Nexus recommended saying SKSE needed it to work properly

I don't know, I thought you just needed to drag it into Vortex and install it that way.

How will I install part 2 in my SkyrimSE folder?

I'll address FNIS if this doesnt work

29 minutes ago, MoralVirgin said:

It's a launcher that I think Nexus recommended saying SKSE needed it to work properly

I have no idea what you're talking about. But I'd guess you just throwed the zipped file into Vortex like you did with Engine Fixes...

29 minutes ago, MoralVirgin said:

How will I install part 2 in my SkyrimSE folder?

• Install the Part 1 zip as you would any SKSE plugin, be that through your mod manager or directly to your data folder.
  • The "_preload.txt" file is required to be in the directory if you want to use the memory manager patch, so if your Mod Manager warns you about it, make sure it gets added.
  • Install the Part 2 zip by extracting it to your Skyrim SE folder (the three dlls should be alongside SkyrimSE.exe, etc)

I can't be more clear than the description. A similar process is needed to install SKSE too. You can't install everything with a mod manager. SKSE and Engine Fixes have files that go outside of the Data folder, which is out of the scope of the mod managers.

If you search the internet there are plenty of videos about how to install this and more stuff with Vortex (other mods and tools like FNIS, BodySlide, xEdit, and so on also require other steps to make them work with Vortex). SKSE comes with a readme file with install instructions. But if you don't know how to install these type of mods with Vortex I'd advice you to learn that first, otherwise you'll have this problem with more mods in the future.

27 minutes ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

I have no idea what you're talking about. But I'd guess you just throwed the zipped file into Vortex like you did with Engine Fixes...

I can't be more clear than the description. A similar process is needed to install SKSE too. You can't install everything with a mod manager. SKSE and Engine Fixes have files that go outside of the Data folder, which is out of the scope of the mod managers.

If you search the internet there are plenty of videos about how to install this and more stuff with Vortex (other mods and tools like FNIS, BodySlide, xEdit, and so on also require other steps to make them work with Vortex). SKSE comes with a readme file with install instructions. But if you don't know how to install these type of mods with Vortex I'd advice you to learn that first, otherwise you'll have this problem with more mods in the future.

Like I've said, I'm new to modding, at least in this sense. I don't know that I'm not supposed to put this stuff in there.

I looked at your guide for SKSE and put the three files in the SkyrimSE folder as well as the three files from part 2 of the update. It still doesn't seem to be working. I'm getting the same errors.

28 minutes ago, MoralVirgin said:

I looked at your guide for SKSE and put the three files in the SkyrimSE folder as well as the three files from part 2 of the update. It still doesn't seem to be working. I'm getting the same errors.

You have to install the scripts too, which can be done manually or using Vortex (all you have to install here is the scripts part, the dll and exe files are done manually). My guide is for Mod Organizer, so I can't help you with the details. There are other resources to learn how to use Vortex, but you'll have to find them on your own.

I can switch to Mod Organizer. I just need to know what to do. All I want to do is play Deviously Cursed Loot and I feel like I'm being bogged down in the minutia of it. I really have no use for SkyUI or any of this other stuff other than it's apparently required for this mod.

If I had two monitors or something it would be easier to follow a guide but going back and forth trying to remember where I left off and not being able to troubleshoot this is really frustrating. Yeah, I can watch the video on it but the second it deviates from what's in front of me, I'm going to be completely lost. The last time I tried this like a year ago, I just gave up and I really want to make it work this time but I need help.

Take a look at the guide then, if what you see is reasonable give it a shot. It doesn't cover Dev cursed loot nor the common mods like the unofficial patch or other fixes, it's the bare minimum requirements for Sexlab . But I hope after installing all of that and doing the quick test you'll learn how to do the rest yourself.

So I gave MO a try and and didnt want to recognize Skyrim SE.

I watched this video on FNIS  and tried to replicate everything. The only thing I couldnt do was mess with the load order, it didnt give me the lightning bolt that the video maker clicked on. Consequently, I'm still having the same problems I think.

17 minutes ago, MoralVirgin said:

So I gave MO a try and and didnt want to recognize Skyrim SE.

All you have to do is run Skyrim SE at least once through Steam. That will create the necessary registry entries so any other software can recognize the game's location.

About Vortex I have no idea nor any interest in learning how to use, so it's up to you. And if you keep getting the same issues you didn't solve the SKSE install.

28 minutes ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

All you have to do is run Skyrim SE at least once through Steam. That will create the necessary registry entries so any other software can recognize the game's location.

About Vortex I have no idea nor any interest in learning how to use, so it's up to you. And if you keep getting the same issues you didn't solve the SKSE install.

I've booted this game up multiple times through Steam.

I think I may have made some progress. I didnt copy all of the SKSE files and paste them. I thought I only needed 3 of them for some reason.  That seemed to fix some of my problems right off the bat. The UI worked properly this time.I didn't get tons of errors from the start.

Now I just have to figure out bodyslide.  My character becomes a floating head and the ballgag doesn't actually go in the mouth. And some of the devious devices stuff may need updating.

9 minutes ago, MoralVirgin said:

I think I may have made some progress. I didnt copy all of the SKSE files and paste them. I thought I only needed 3 of them for some reason. 

You need the 3 mentioned files (2 dll and 1 exe) and the scripts under Data, nothing else.

You need to build the DD items in BodySlide, there are some videos about how to use BS but not with DD in particular. You'll have to select the DD groups and build them.

I have no idea about MO not detecting your SE install. If it's a standard install it should appear automatically, and even if it's not on the list you could search the folder and MO would pick up from there without issues. But if you're making progress with Vortex just don't, leave MO and just learn how to use Vortex.

I think I got it working for the most part. I have like one remaining error where it says something about devious devices not working properly and I figure the other issue may be related where the gag just clips into the face.

SkyUI is still giving me a little trouble too.

I've attached some screenshots but the game is in a playable state, I'm just a perfectionist.

ScreenShot6.png

ScreenShot5.png

ScreenShot4.png

ScreenShot3.png

The outdated SkyUI message should be concerning, in your first screenshots of Vortex you have SkyUI 5.2 for SE, so I don't see why other mods can't detect it as installed. Check and double check that the mod is correctly installed and enabled in your mod manager.

The DD messages are because you had DD installed at some point, then uninstalled and added again... in the same save file. Was this your case? Did you removed/added any DD mods and kept using the same save? Does these messages appear if you start a new game?

Archived