Arachnophobia (SE version)

View File

This is my first time converting a mod. It worked perfectly when I tried it, but I apologise if I somehow messed up the zip file and it doesn't work for you.

To summarise, this is a mod that allows spiders to wrap you up in webs and potentially take you away to their lair for consumption if you don't escape. I thought it was an interesting mod and was surprised I didn't see it here yet.

It's still in Beta phase so expect minor bugs.

Full description at source: 

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    02/06/2020
  • Category
  • Requires
    ZaZ Animation Pack 6.11 (+?), SkyUI, SKSE
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

this mod works (more or less) but here are a couple of observations:

- it took forever...like 5 minutes (without my character struggling) to be moved to the spider lair (with spider constantly attacking while I was fully webbed up)

- once I escaped the web, my character afterwards would be randomly placed in the "hung upside down animation" when jumping or running (like the mod had not recognized that part was over

22 hours ago, Waveslider1 said:

this mod works (more or less) but here are a couple of observations:

- it took forever...like 5 minutes (without my character struggling) to be moved to the spider lair (with spider constantly attacking while I was fully webbed up)

- once I escaped the web, my character afterwards would be randomly placed in the "hung upside down animation" when jumping or running (like the mod had not recognized that part was over

The first part happened for me too. It doesn't always take that long thankfully, but is probably an unpolished bug.

As for being still stuck in the web, the quickest solution is to just go the debug options in the MCM and disable all current effects on the player.

It's a shame it hasn't been updated in a while. Good potential here, and I'm not exactly a modder myself.

9 hours ago, oystercatcher7 said:

The first part happened for me too. It doesn't always take that long thankfully, but is probably an unpolished bug.

As for being still stuck in the web, the quickest solution is to just go the debug options in the MCM and disable all current effects on the player.

It's a shame it hasn't been updated in a while. Good potential here, and I'm not exactly a modder myself.

Ah, I didn't realize that there might be a setting in the MCM for that...will give this one another try! Thanks again!

I've been a long time watcher of this mod.  Mostly cause it's a really neat concept, an fun for the most part.  Despite the simplicity of it.  

I was hoping more modders would tie into this mod an expand it, or refine it.  I'd love to see the webbing effect be a gradual buildup, or variable amount from an initial strike.  Regular spiders would have to sequentially land hits; each hit places a slow movement debuff timer (10-15 second timer) and so long as the timer is still active would accumulate heavier slow movement effect and refresh the timer.  Until the movement percentage is reduced by 100%, at which time the target is then fully immobilize and begins the struggle mechanic.

I also came across this mod on nexus, https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/53480/ that has some interesting spell application that could potentially be resourced for a mod like this.  

So example.  

Normal spider webbing effect could have variable slowing effect of 10-20% per hit, each landed hit making it easier to catch prey in combat an land more webbing hits.  Once player reaches 100% movement loss, they are cocoon'd an begin the struggle mechanic.  Obviously an MCM slider setting to reduce/increase the effect would make sense.
  Large spiders webbing effect would be 30-40% per hit, where Giant Spiders would be 50%+ 

Now it'd probably be next to impossible to get as detailed as something like hit location variable based effects, but if possible that'd be really fun to add in to the above concept as well.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2020 at 12:46 PM, Ashhelynx said:

I got the mod working, but after escaping I'm stuck with the web texture on my character. Don't know how to fix this.

I think this is a bug that happens when you get webbed right after getting up. Just use the debug option in the MCM to get it off. This mod is still in beta form so it's unsurprising there's still minor problems.

On 2/28/2020 at 6:26 AM, Jack005 said:

Does this mod works with simple slavery plus?/ Are you going to make it work with simple slavery plus, I ask because I remember this mod used to work on oldrim

It does not, as far as I know. I didn't make the mod so I couldn't integrate it anyway, but I'm not sure how this could work with that mod. 

12 hours ago, oystercatcher7 said:

I think this is a bug that happens when you get webbed right after getting up. Just use the debug option in the MCM to get it off. This mod is still in beta form so it's unsurprising there's still minor problems.

It does not, as far as I know. I didn't make the mod so I couldn't integrate it anyway, but I'm not sure how this could work with that mod. 

It could work as the heroine in distress used to work, the scenery is that the bastard who buy you throw you in the spider's cave and you try to escape, if you want to integrate the mod you should talk with Jman3000 the guy who ported simple slavery plus 

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 8/25/2020 at 6:31 PM, SithLordBMan said:

Any chance at possible bethesda.net port my pc is broken so can only play on xboxone 

not the author, but even I can tell you the answer is no.

sides you would still have to get zaz there too and its likely no there too

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I downloaded the mod, I got Zaz 7.0se, bear in mind I already had ZAP8 CBBE, but it still required me to have the original ZAP 6.11 anyway, managed to get ZAP 7 SE to fulfill the Master requirement and the MCM shows up nothing gives me errors or anything but nothing actually happens... I still just get hit by the threads and it does the normal poison damage, no speed drop or anything like that... just... nothing happens, so I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. The original requirement was Zap 6.11 or higher from LE do I HAVE to have that one? Because obviously the LE version will not work in SE... and other people on here have obviously got it working previously, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong?

• 8 months later...

I do not recommend downloading this mod. Super janky with a lot of potentially game-breaking bugs with no apparent support by the converter. Steer clear.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...