Tryout - Hard Prison Time (HPT)

Guest MHonch39

Slavery? yeah, it's 1.4.10. redownloaded and started from a clean save just to double check. It's amazing how a room full of escaped cons get all defensive when a high explosive collar starts to beep.

the scrambler lesbian animation was present in all the above as well.

the slave collar that activates and explodes when you're out of range or leave an area. it is activating inside the buildings. doesn't beep when in the yard' date=' just the admin and cell block buidlings

[/quote']

Running into the same issue. Get through the dialogue with Eddie, followed by Sunny being all pissed off about being enslaved, followed by the collar appearing. Minor freeze, then game resumes, followed by people getting really pissed off for what I presume is the collar beeping. (Even Sunny has been noted to get angry at the player in dialogue.) Outside the collar does not beep, but inside any of the buildings it just beeps, never explodes and seems to inspire hulk rage in anybody too close to the player.

Going to try combinations of disabling mods. Just updated all the core requirements for this mod so updating won't be the problem.

Also, I don't see what the problem with scrambler is. I thought he was a bitch to begin with. >:3 (But seriously, he apparently enjoys getting his balls licked or something.)

Will try fresh saves as well. Get back to ya all with results next time I'm online.

Update - Turned off all the mods(except what was needed), fresh save, and ran the players happy ass back to the prison compound. Actually went well for a bit (Scrambler is still a lesbo.) Testing it out, I saved, reloaded and it worked the same way. But then when I turned the game off, turned it back on, and loaded up again, for whatever reason, started doing the collar beep indoors thing again.

Real puzzler.

However, I did manage to get through the quest to the point Eddie takes off the slave collar and the player goes to work on the original quests. As soon as the collar came off (which was some luck getting through the admin building without getting the "Were going to murder your face in" speeches) it was back to normal. Everything went right, if she sided with Eddie, got her gear back and Sunny got her gear back (her collar didn't come off though) then the ncr attacks. And if she decided to get revenge on the bastard by joining the ncr and dishing out some 9mm lead based justice to his skull, key was on his body, and everything was in the footlocker right where it is supposed to be.

Aside from whatever this bug with the collar that is plaguing it, this in my opinion is a great mod, has excellent scripting, good dialogue options, and ties into the regular quests for NRCCF pretty well. Excellent work on this one.

• 1 month later...

Hey,

and sorry for the late update.. I didn't see any animation that do not fit.. a.k.a. Scramblers lesbian animation. Sorry to hear that it does not work right, but from what I have read so far it doesn't seem like it comes from this mod alone.. maybe it's from some interdependency or something.. try using a merge pacht, that'd be best shot :s

I made some changes to Scrambler for the new mod update, but I basically just changed the way he fetches the player.. he will now just run to you three time a day and not all the time.. I will try to put some more stuff into the mod it before I release it, but again, it did not change anything with animations.. basically because I didn't see any problems with animations so far..

..if she sided with Eddie' date=' got her gear back and Sunny got her gear back (her collar didn't come off though) then the ncr attacks..

[/quote']

I am certain I fixed that bug.. Loogie also fixed it in the base mod..

A mod update helps and if someone is in a hurry and does not want to update.. this will remove Sunnys collar via console:

SunnyREF.UnequipItem XX00747A
SunnyREF.RemoveItem XX00747A 1

XX is the (hex) number of file SexoutCommonResources.esm in the load order (see NMM/FOMM for that).

And if she decided to get revenge on the bastard by joining the ncr and dishing out some 9mm lead based justice to his skull' date=' key was on his body..

[/quote']

nice :D

Aside from whatever this bug with the collar that is plaguing it' date=' this in my opinion is a great mod, has excellent scripting, good dialogue options, and ties into the regular quests for NRCCF pretty well. Excellent work on this one.

[/quote']

Thank you very much! :blush:

And I promisse to release the new update as soon as I can, okay.. have fun,

So

I am certain I fixed that bug.. Loogie also fixed it in the base mod..

Did you guys maybe leave the non-explosive version of the collar on? I had reported that collar thing a long time ago and you had fixed it, although I just ran it again without HPT and the collar remained, but never started beeping. Maybe the base Tryout replaces with the non-explosive version so Sunny can keep it (it is a nice collar, and I had mentioned that in the original tryout thread)?

Anyway, I did run into a new issue (reason I ran without HPT the last time). After Eddie has his way with you at the beginning, the Scrambler does his deed, Eddie is supposed to speak with the PC again to take their stuff and apply the collars( or does he get a BJ from the PC first, then take their stuff - can't remember exactly) . Only he doesn't. He reverted back to vanilla pattern and dialog. I tried backing a few saves and trying again, but no dice. He just goes back to sitting in the chair and spouting the vanilla dialog when you speak to him. When I uninstalled HPT and ran on the base PGTryout, it worked fine, Eddie did his deed, Scrambler did his, then Eddie finished up, then took the PCs stuff. Just to note, BrutalRapers was not installed on this run, so no interference from that.

• 2 weeks later...

After reading this thread, I could not find an answer to my question.

I started a new game, and before even leaving Goodsprings the Powder Gangers hated me because I sided against them during the opening quests, so they already have a shoot on sight stance. Even wearing a PG outfit, I cannot get close to any of the PG NPC's. Sgt. McGee has sent me down there, but I can't get close to the place.

How can I proceed with this?

You're kind of screwed there. Without going into the console and changing the faction rating (you have to look up the commands to do that) or finding a mod on Nexus to set faction standings, I don't think there's really any way to come back within the game. There are several ways to handle it in game, but all require going to a previous save (like back before you talk to Ringo):

1) SexoutResolutions - this mod actually finds a balanced answer to the Goodsprings problem. And supports our mod developers :D .

2) Side with the Powder Gangers. Unfortunately you'll lose Sunny as a follower because she dies in that scenario. Not an option I like.

3) When you do the fight in Goodsprings with the PGs, hang back and let the GS townspeople handle it. Try to sniper the ones you can from a place of concealment, and let the townspeople kill Cobb. This will allow you to get the GS fame, without getting any PG negative rep. If you do (sometimes they spot you), reload and try again.

4) Don't finish out the GS quest, but go straight to the NCRCF quest in Primm. Nothing says you have to do the GS quest first.

Didn't the original Tryouts alter the Cobb gang for the amount of infamy gained so they wouldn't be hostile? Or does that just not work' date=' on its own or with this?

[/quote']

I don't believe so. I remember there being a mod on Nexus that would reduce the faction hit when killing Cobb, but I don't remember the name. I don't think tryouts ever did change that.

Didn't the original Tryouts alter the Cobb gang for the amount of infamy gained so they wouldn't be hostile? Or does that just not work' date=' on its own or with this?

[/quote']

I don't believe so. I remember there being a mod on Nexus that would reduce the faction hit when killing Cobb, but I don't remember the name. I don't think tryouts ever did change that.

One of the updates on the front page of Tryouts says this: "Ghost Town Gunfight no longer gives you a drastic drop in Powder Gang fame. This is done because Ghost Town Gunfight must be completed to recruit Sunny, and doing it the vanilla way makes you shunned by the PGs and unable to get into NCRCF. This is also a good fix for people who want to do both Ghost Town Gunfight and Tryout content."

So in theory taking out the gang shouldn't prevent someone from getting into the NCRCF. In theory.

• 2 weeks later...

It doesnt work for me ?

Sure i have to be raped/allow them to have sex with me when i talk to Eddie. But they dont take my stuff regardles of what i choose ?

Have i done something wrong?

Hi' date=' my first response to that question would be yes, it seems like you made a mistake somewhere. Please check everything again.. and by the way, you have to resist them to get them mad, so allowing them to use you will not get you enslaved, but instead get you out of that situation.. try that first, but if nothing works try some of the following ideas on how to check whether or not the mod is set up right..

[list']

[*]is the mod activated in your mod manager

[*]is the loading order right

[*]is everything this mod depends on set-up right

Try to run the game without this mod and see if everything works right. I also recommend that you building a merge patch and load that mod file at the very end to avoid mod conflicts..

I would like to hear that some of this worked for you.. if you have any further questions or problem about this just ask it right here and I will do my best to help you to get this working for you,

So

• 4 weeks later...

Hm, I'm a bit confused here. I created a female character to play with this plugin, but haven't touched her since because I got stuck. I've been in the prison for days, banged constantly by everybody and their mother (well okay, not their mother), and I haven't found any way to progress. It seems unending.

At what point does the scenario progress? What's the condition to get to the next point? For reference, I'm at the first point where I have no items or pipboy, and apparently Eddie's right hand man (his name escapes me at the moment, it's late) is supposed to contact me when I've satisfied the inmates.

I'd like to use this character some more. Help?

Hm' date=' I'm a bit confused here. I created a female character to play with this plugin, but haven't touched her since because I got stuck. I've been in the prison for days, banged constantly by everybody and their mother (well okay, not their mother), and I haven't found any way to progress. It seems unending.

At what point does the scenario progress? What's the condition to get to the next point? For reference, I'm at the first point where I have no items or pipboy, and apparently Eddie's right hand man (his name escapes me at the moment, it's late) is supposed to contact me when I've satisfied the inmates.

I'd like to use this character some more. Help?

[/quote']

Hi,

after you have been enslaved, for every sexual act that has been initialized by the SexoutPowderGangers mod, a quest variable in that mod package called slavefuck counts one up. As soon as it hits 25 Scrambler (that's his name) comes running to you and calls you to the boss.

The problem you are describing is that it does not count every sexual act, but only the ones that have been initialized by the mod itself. I encountered that very early and tried to integrate BrutalRapers in it, but could not make it and so I dropped the idea on a piece of digital paper that says Notes.. anyway, to progress you have to open the console and type:

set "XX0221BA".slavefuck to 25

XX is the hexadecimal number of the SexoutPowderGanger.esp mod file (not the Tryout mod file) in your load order. If anyone reading this does not know what I am talking about and wants to get around the same problem, do this: open up your mod manager, find the SexoutPowderGangers mod in the list of mods to load and use the number that says something like Load order to fill in the XX in the statememnt above.

Please tell me if that worked, because I am not 100% sure I remembered that correctly.

Best wishes,

So

Got it, thanks for the quick response. I've made sure to let the mod run its course as for the initiations (as in, I know they aren't tryout/brutalrapers/hookups initiations), and I'm quite sure there has been more than 25... fucks, so thanks for the info. Hopefully I can progress through the rest of it without any problems.

Got it' date=' thanks for the quick response. I've made sure to let the mod run its course as for the initiations (as in, I know they aren't tryout/brutalrapers/hookups initiations), and I'm quite sure there has been more than 25... fucks, so thanks for the info. Hopefully I can progress through the rest of it without any problems.

[/quote']

Personally I would disable BR while doing this one (it can affect other tryout mods as well). The other thing that can speed up the process is to use a mod that increases the number of PGs in the NCRCF. More Powder Gangers worked for me ( http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/45782 ). Make sure the tryout is loaded AFTER the MorePG mods (if not, the collar will start beeeping when enter the exercise/basketball court area of the NCRCF).

I'm thinking that Resolutions has messed things up for me. I avoided the Goodsprings quest and found Joe Cobb on the edge of town, ran the "Bending over Backwards in Goodsprings" quest without ever firing a shot, and ran straight to Primm. I talked to McGee, who sent my toon to the prison, where Eddie and Scrambler have a go at my toon. Then Eddie says, "Since you've been so good to us, here's some gun powder and dynamite, check back again later for more."

Not sure how to proceed.

EDIT: The situation seems to have resolved itself. While waiting for a response to this, I went and did other things for a game day then went back and it worked well enough for me to get through it. The whole rape then give supplies thing was still a little odd though.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if anyone else has run into this problem. I tried going through the posts to find if anyone else had and I kind of find it hard to believe that I am the only one to run into this.

The issue I have is that I am trying to test out a mod that adds to the this and PG Tryout. The mod I am working on is independent of both this and PG Tryout. It uses script conditions from Legion.esm that are activated by PG Tryout, therefore it does not require the .esp file from mod to be slaved to either PG Tryout or TryoutHT, though my mod is useless without PG Tryout to set the script conditions.

Anyway, before going to the prison, I had my girl take a BunX 25 day shot purchased from the Sexout Store so as to prevent her from being knocked up before my mod kicks in, which is right after becoming enslaved by Eddie. I get all the way up to the where Sunny's dialogue kicks in immediately after being enslaved, but as soon as the dialogue ends, the game would CTD. This is the second character build I have run through this process for the purposes of testing my mod, and the first character worked perfectly outside of a few minor bugs in my mod, which I am trying to fix. So, I began looking at things that I did differently with this character than I did with the first, such as being in Hardcore mode, ect. The first thing I did was disable my mod and the game still crashed. The BunX shot was the last thing that I tried to work with, so I disabled the pregnancy file, did a clean save, then ran through the process with Eddie and Scrambler with pregnancy still disabled. Everything worked fine, including my mod kicking in. Having a clean save, I went back and enabled the pregnancy mod and tried going through the enslavement process again. Again, CTD. So, I went and disabled TryoutHT and went through it with just PG Tryout. Everything worked fine. So there has to be a conflict somewhere between Resources, Pregnancy and Tryout HT somewhere involving the BunX effect. It's more of a small annoyance than anything else, but I thought you might like to be made aware of this.

I apologize for the long post, but felt it important to give you some background on my trouble shooting steps that brought me to this conclusion. I also realize that unless you can recreate this bug, the chances of fixing it are nil.