Tryout - Hard Prison Time (HPT)

View File

Update: Hi guys, it's been some time since I did anything with Fallout: New Vegas and this mod seems to be outdated by now, so I do not recommend you try to use this mod with the current version of Sexout.

This mod is based on Loogie's Tryout mod and changes the way the Powder Gangers, especially the ones at the NCR correctional facility, interact with you. Basically, this mod will make your time at the NCR prison harder and thus more immersive.

Requirements

A running version of Loogie's Tryout mod is required. Please, click on the link in the name to get to the Tryout forum thread to download and install it, if you have not done so already.

It is also required that the plug-in files from this mod load after the SexoutPowderGangers.esp plug-in file from Loogie's mod in the load order. You must load the files in the following order to use them:

• SexoutPowderGangers.esp
  • SexoutPowderGangers (HPT Tweaks).esp
  • Tryout - Hard Prison Time.esp

Nice idea. I always find it odd and immersion-breaking that your captors so willingly hand thousands of caps worth of equipment right back to you. you should have to earn it back!

I'd love to see similar things implemented for vault 19' date=' fiends, and legion. Good work!

[/quote']

Great to hear you like it.. it made it exactly because of what you said.

I am currently trying to dynamically integrate the Brutal Rapers mod into this, but I guess that will take me a bit longer.

Anyway, enjoy your prison time.. :D

So how does the capture thing work exactly?

It works exactly as it does in the original Tryout mod.. I did not change anything about that here' date=' except that ALL items are removed instead of just weapons and clothings..

If you do not apologize to Eddie, your prison time begins.. that's how it starts.

Just a couple of notes, if the dialog option with Eddie is chosen to cooperate at first, he still gives the response about the character running naked and gives an outfit. Same if the character apologies to Eddie after he and Scrambler do the character.

EDIT: Yes, your are right.. I will definitely fix that!

I am not sure, if I understand correctly.. Eddie won't give you back your items the moment you agree to do his quest, but after you have done it.. but before the NCR attacks the prison.

If he has previously taken all your items and you agree to do his quest, you will be given a very simple outfit.. it's a bit random what you get, but it will be some simple wastelander outfits.. I thought about giving the player, and all of this is also true for any female companions, a chance to get a Powder Ganger dress, but was unsure when I made the mod, if that would not break things that come later.. like when you deal with the mercenary who tries to capture convicts or when you go back to Primm and run into the NCR which is an enemy faction.. also Eddie says he need someone who isn't an ex-convict and it would be stupid of him to put you into prison clothes ..but, I am digressing..

Thank you for your responses and please let me know, if there are other inconsistencies and I will fix them..

Thanks,

So

One other note. At the point the player enters the NCRCF they most likely have discovered the locations of the Powder Ganger Camp South and Jean Sky Diving. Both of these locations can be fast traveled to, so the lack of equipment isn't really that big of deal. Both Chavez and the "Merchant" can be easily disposed of by speech checks (or sex).

A more difficult scenario would be to require the player to visit the North, East, and West camps as well without their equipment.

I would also like to point out that it is trivial to kill all of the Powder Gangers in the NCRCF without any equipment at all (i.e., buck naked). The Tryout mod makes this even easier than before since you can lure Gangers to a secluded spot. There should be an option to deactive the slave collars if a player chooses to wipe out the Powder Ganger faction.

So how does the capture thing work exactly?

It works exactly as it does in the original Tryout mod.. I did not change anything about that here' date=' except that ALL items are removed instead of just weapons and clothings..

If you do not apologize to Eddie, your prison time begins.. that's how it starts.

Just a couple of notes, if the dialog option with Eddie is chosen to cooperate at first, he still gives the response about the character running naked and gives an outfit. Same if the character apologies to Eddie after he and Scrambler do the character.

EDIT: Yes, your are right.. I will definitely fix that!

I am not sure, if I understand correctly.. Eddie won't give you back your items the moment you agree to do his quest, but after you have done it.. but before the NCR attacks the prison.

If he has previously taken all your items and you agree to do his quest, you will be given a very simple outfit.. it's a bit random what you get, but it will be some simple wastelander outfits.. I thought about giving the player, and all of that is also true for any female companions, a chance to get a Powder Ganger dress, but was unsure when I made the mod, if that would not break things that come later.. like when you deal with the mercenary who tries to capture convicts or when you go back to Primm and run into the NCR who are an enemy faction.. also Eddie says he need someone who isn't an ex-convict and it would be stupid of him to put you into prison clothes ..but, I digress.

Thank you both for your response and please let me know, if there are other bugs or inconsistency and I will change it..

So

You could always use a custom outfit instead.

One other problem I noticed. You might want to give the companion equipment back after the player completes driving off the merchant. Otherwise' date=' the player has to side with Eddie to get any companion equipment back.

[/quote']

Thank you again for your valuable input.. I will implement an option to get all companions items back without having to side with Eddie.

I am having a problem with this mod. After Eddie and Scrambler rape me, Eddie is supposed to take all of my equipment and hand me a cheap outfit and slave collar from what I understand. However after the rape, I get the dialogue that he is giving me the stuff, but I retain all of my equipment and am given nothing. Any ideas? Could it be related to any of the sexout mods or perhaps Sexual Innuendo or it's expansions?

I am having a problem with this mod. After Eddie and Scrambler rape me' date=' Eddie is supposed to take all of my equipment and hand me a cheap outfit and slave collar from what I understand. However after the rape, I get the dialogue that he is giving me the stuff, but I retain all of my equipment and am given nothing. Any ideas? Could it be related to any of the sexout mods or perhaps Sexual Innuendo or it's expansions?

[/quote']

To give me a clearer picture of the problem, please tell me exactly, what you are doing. From what I understand, you speak to Eddie and do not cooperate in the 1st dialog, so they rape you. After that you tell him he's a raping SOAB and he tells you, that you are his slave now.. right so far?

Other than that..

Do you use the newest SCR and Tryout mod, if not, please update and try it again. Also, if you downloaded this mod before last Sunday, please download it again.

Or maybe there is a problem with the load order? Please check that the related mods have the following order:

• Sexout.esm
  • SexoutCommonResources.esm
  • SexoutSlavery.esm
  • SexoutLegion.esm

I don't think it has to do with other Sexout mods, I use most of them, too and did not get a problem there.. Sexual Innuendo I don't use, but it seems highly unlikely that it breaks HPT at that specific point..

Please try and check the points I listed above and see, if it works.

So

I am having a problem with this mod. After Eddie and Scrambler rape me' date=' Eddie is supposed to take all of my equipment and hand me a cheap outfit and slave collar from what I understand. However after the rape, I get the dialogue that he is giving me the stuff, but I retain all of my equipment and am given nothing. Any ideas? Could it be related to any of the sexout mods or perhaps Sexual Innuendo or it's expansions?

[/quote']

To give me a clearer picture of the problem, please tell me exactly, what you are doing. From what I understand, you speak to Eddie and do not cooperate in the 1st dialog, so they rape you. After that you tell him he's a raping SOAB and he tells you, that you are his slave now.. right so far?

Other than that..

Do you use the newest SCR and Tryout mod, if not, please update and try it again. Also, if you downloaded this mod before last Sunday, please download it again.

Or maybe there is a problem with the load order? Please check that the related mods have the following order:

• Sexout.esm
  • SexoutCommonResources.esm
  • SexoutSlavery.esm
  • SexoutLegion.esm

I don't think it has to do with other Sexout mods, I use most of them, too and did not get a problem there.. Sexual Innuendo I don't use, but it seems highly unlikely that it breaks HPT at that specific point..

Please try and check the points I listed above and see, if it works.

So

]

Yes, I chose the dialogue that called him a raping SOB and burn in hell etc. I also have the latest SCR and Tryout, as I had to reinstall NV. Moved Tryout and Hard time to the bottom. Still no good. I am going to see if it might be something in the redress option in Sexout: NG.

That's really odd, because the only way this could happen is, if some other mod has changed the script of the related topic.. and I doubt the probability for this to happen is almost zero..

What you can try is to do a merge patch with FNVEdit and see, if there is any conflict with your specific mod configuration in the dialog topic (PowderEddieEndSlave), but as I said, I don't think there is a high chance to find the error here.

Do you use the newest version of this mod, too? If not, please try to get to the problem with the one I have in the 1st post of this thread.

Also, please try to deactivated the HPT mod and try the same with just the Tryout mod active, see, if it works without the HPT mod.

Thanks,

So

I had a similar problem but before this HardPrisonTime mod. Be sure that all your mods are updated OR compatible. I think my problem was with conflicting versions of mods. I updated SCR, and tryout with a CLEAN SAVE, very important and it worked. You have to keep an eye on all these mod updates to be sure they are compatible.

Right now I'm having to just take a break on fallout because the newest brutal rapers requires the newest SCR which requires the new and very incomplete pregnancy V3 alpha... I feel I have to wait on V3 to be a little more complete because last I played it there was no way to avoid pregnancy. (400bunX level and like .01 fertility and 3 sperm she gets pregnant... so I'm just going to wait a while.

I added this mod and didn't detect any problems, I assumed this mod kicks in AFTER you've been enslaved and serviced 25 prison guys (then you have to do the quest as a slave THEN get your stuff back as I understand it). I didn't have the attention span to go for 25 and see this mod effects though...

(oh and first post btw, I finally feel competent enough with FNV and these mods to post now)

I had a similar problem but before this HardPrisonTime mod. Be sure that all your mods are updated OR compatible. I think my problem was with conflicting versions of mods. I updated SCR' date=' and tryout with a CLEAN SAVE, very important and it worked. You have to keep an eye on all these mod updates to be sure they are compatible.

[..']

I added this mod and didn't detect any problems, I assumed this mod kicks in AFTER you've been enslaved and serviced 25 prison guys (then you have to do the quest as a slave THEN get your stuff back as I understand it). I didn't have the attention span to go for 25 and see this mod effects though...

[..]

That's good news.. because the few changes I made with this mod are relatively straightforward and should not be something that causes problems..

For the second part of your post.. your description is pretty much correct.. just that you are no longer a slave or bound to anything after the prison time.. you could even decide to give Eddie the finger and leave without your stuff.. most people won't, I guess.

If you want to test what comes after your service time.. :D ..I better put what I am going to say in spoiler tags, it might not be everyones thing..

Type in

set "XX0221BA".slavefuck to 25

and talk to Eddie.. that finishes the prison time. Scrambler will annoy you on your way to Eddie, but he can be ignored.

XX in the line above is the hexadecimal load number of the SexoutPowderGangers.esp.. the original mod's file.

And since you mentioned mod updates.. I will post an update with new features for my mod today.. hopefully in a few hours.. and I will try to find a way that's more obvious to the thread viewer that there has been updates.. I wish this site had some version control features like the Nexus.. anyway, thanks for your info about mod complications, have fun.. and I'll post an update in a few hours.

Bye,

So

I've got a problem' date=' during the Prison Tryout my Strength dropped from 6 to 1 and doesn't go up again, even after all negative effects have been gone.

Can anybody help/explain.

[/quote']

Hi, what you are describing does not sound like it has something to do with this mod.. try reloading the game, if that does not help, restart the game and if that still does not help, deactivate this mod, restart your game and see, if this effect is still there..

Thanks,

So

[..]

I would also like to point out that it is trivial to kill all of the Powder Gangers in the NCRCF without any equipment at all (i.e.' date=' buck naked). The Tryout mod makes this even easier than before since you can lure Gangers to a secluded spot. There should be an option to deactive the slave collars if a player chooses to wipe out the Powder Ganger faction.

[/quote']

Hi, I hope with todays update it gets a bit harder to kill them as the player does not have a Pip-Boy anymore while imprisoned :D

Have fun,

So

All of the Powder Gangers carry dynamite. Unless you remove all of the dynamite from the prison it is trivial to kill them all using the reverse pick-pocket approach. It is the method I use to clear out Vault 3 on a regular basis. But I do prefer to play the steath approach. If someone sees your character while doing a reverse pickpocket then the become hostile. However, with Tryouts, you can lure them to a secluded spot. Reverse pick-pocket doesn't require the Pip-Boy.

However, if you remove the Pip-boy, then it will be difficult for someone on hard-core mode to eat.

What about radiation? last I checked the 'doctor' couldn't treat radiation, so if you remove the pipboy won't you eventually die from radiation poisoning? I mean the only real source of water is at least slightly radioactive. So you may wish to make the doctor able to treat radiation.

What about radiation? last I checked the 'doctor' couldn't treat radiation' date=' so if you remove the pipboy won't you eventually die from radiation poisoning? I mean the only real source of water is at least slightly radioactive. So you may wish to make the doctor able to treat radiation.

[/quote']

Hi, I will give that a thought.. but even with Pip-Boy there was no real chance to treat radiation poisoning, because Eddie removes everything.. drugs and whatsoever.. my experience is, it won't kill you :)