Jump to content
Nymra

New PC Help :)

Recommended Posts

Hey,

 

its almost 10 years now since I got a new PC and I am not the spontaneous guy and I get crazy when I do research and start comparing stuff...

 

So I got to a local dealer and told him to build me one. 
My main concerns were:

- reliability 
- gaming (I am very heavy on Skyrim with ENB, I want to start with Skyrim SE one time and also Fallout) 
- as silent as possible 

This is what the came up with (german based)

 

The fun parts
nVidia GeForce RTX 2060 Super OC 8GB 256-bit GDDR6 PCIe graphics card black 

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4, 2GHz AM4 35MB Cache Wraith Stealth incl. Silent Fan

Gigabyte B450 Aorus AM4/B450/DDR4/S-ATA 600/Micro ATX socket - black 

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C16 XMP 2,0 High Performance Desktop RAM Kit, Schwarz 

 

HDDs 

Western Digital WDS100T2B0B WD Blue 1TB 3D NAND Internal SSD M.2 SATA 

Seagate ST1000DM010 BarraCuda 1 TB intern harddisc (8, 9 cm (3, 5 Zoll), 7200 u/min, 64 MB Cache, SATA 6 Gb/s, silber, Bulk) 
 

other stuff
Corsair Carbide Series (Mid-Tower ATX Performance) schwarz USB 3.0 Front

Thermaltake 600W

Asus DRW-24D5MT internal 24x DVD burner (DVD+-RW, Bulk E-Green Silent) black


Windows 10 Pro. 64-bit

 

Total 1176,47 (without tax, which I will get back anyway since its also my work PC) 

I started researching the individual parts, but for every bit there is the one or other guy who says its trash, lol 

Thx for all input or tips you can give me. 
 

Share this post


Link to post

Looks pretty solid. I would consider perhaps a second solid state drive instead of the HDD since SSDs are pretty cheap now and you want a quiet build and perhaps dropping the dvd drive unless you need one for whatever reason.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Nymra said:

nVidia GeForce RTX 2060

unless you are worried about ray tracing I'd go with a gtx 1070 or 1080 (both have more  vram and performance). You can pick those up reasonably cheap 2nd hand these days. I got my 1070 for £150 off a guy locally and it was a huge upgrade from my 670. Not sure about all the other stuff! :)

+1 on the SSD over HDD as it's probably the best way to improve any PC's performance. Get an SSD for your System/games drive and an HDD for storage.

Share this post


Link to post

One other thing I might mention is Fractal design cases. I got an R5 and it's been great, I'm sure more recent ones are even better.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Yinkle said:

One other thing I might mention is Fractal design cases. I got an R5 and it's been great, I'm sure more recent ones are even better.

I wanted to ask him what the difference is to those "Be quiet" stuff out there. Maybe just a marketing thing. 

I think 1070/80 was my go to earlier this year. I just want to have something that will prepare me for the next years to come. I usually by used stuff once my original parts break. 

 

2 hours ago, redmond said:

Looks pretty solid. I would consider perhaps a second solid state drive instead of the HDD since SSDs are pretty cheap now and you want a quiet build and perhaps dropping the dvd drive unless you need one for whatever reason.

the DVD is just 15 bucks, but I was thinking about that too. I have a burner in my old rig tho and that will stay anyways. 
Have only CD player in my car, very inconvenient... its 2020 and I m back making my own mix CDs ^^

 

 

Just added the components together and get a rough 1100 EUR (incl. tax). so there is a 300 EUR gap (1400 for the PC guy). But he orders and builds the stuff and also provides 3 years waranty. Dunno what that might be worth :P 

 

Share this post


Link to post

On a windows pc I never bother with getting a large drive for the o/s, 256 or 512 is plenty and just don't put anything on there unless it has to be. You keep your games on another ssd or several other ssds and keep your large and important files on an external hdd or nas or cloud, ( all 3 if it's important ). You can pick up very fast intel nvme drive in 256GB for like 40$ that is really fast and reliable and spend the savings on a large ssd  or two for game storage. You're better off over time to keep o/s drive free of other software as much as possible because chances are that's the one that is gonna get wiped at some point due to buggy updates, virus.. whatever.

Share this post


Link to post

My pc was ten years old too. other stuff working great. board, ram and cpu all for 260 bucks. My graphcis cards might be slow but runs skyrim se great still with XFX R9 390x 8GB

2020-01-28 14_33_10-Window.png

Share this post


Link to post

You for sure need an SSD, especially if you're going to be modding Skyrim. You probably already know this but Skyrim gets... Temperamental at times and crashes often. Having Skyrim installed on its own partition on an SSD with drastically cut load times for you and make crashes to desktop far less time consuming, though just as annoying.

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, theboringforeigner said:

You for sure need an SSD, especially if you're going to be modding Skyrim. You probably already know this but Skyrim gets... Temperamental at times and crashes often. Having Skyrim installed on its own partition on an SSD with drastically cut load times for you and make crashes to desktop far less time consuming, though just as annoying.

Yeah, that is why I wanted the 1 Terabite SSD. I already run Skyrim on an SSD, but its full now on my old PC and I want to add Fallout too later :P

My new machine is here now, just had no time to install everything yet :(

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Nymra said:

Yeah, that is why I wanted the 1 Terabite SSD. I already run Skyrim on an SSD, but its full now on my old PC and I want to add Fallout too later :P

My new machine is here now, just had no time to install everything yet :(

GZ zum neuen Rechner! 👍

"Arbeitsrechner", soso 🤭

Skyrim modding artet immer irgendwie in Arbeit aus 😓

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

GZ zum neuen Rechner! 👍

"Arbeitsrechner", soso 🤭

Skyrim modding artet immer irgendwie in Arbeit aus 😓

Die Weihen wenn man Grafiker ist, dann ist es automatisch immer ein Arbeitsrechner. 

:D

The benefits of beeing a graphics guy make it a working machine all the time! 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...