[mod] {CK2} Ala's Orc Horde for Luxuria Fantasia

Ala's Orc Horde

Content

Orcs! Ok they were already in LF but I am working on getting them some much needed content.

My orcs are violent, cruel, and if you have a weak stomach either turn off violent shit in the intrigue

options menu for AOH or move on.

Ok so far I have an event for winning a siege as the commander, an event for carousing, family, and hunting focus, a rare slave escape event chain that could either reward you greatly

or create your greatest nemesis(not completed), Slave-Born events, a yearly sacrifice event, some traits, a bloodline, artifacts, and some minor titles. There are Unique portraits for characters I created,

an override file for LF orc portraits (delete the dds portrait strip in - AOH/gfx/static_portraits/LF_Races_Orcs.dds if you would rather have the old portraits) and an options menu found in the Intrigue Menu 

if you dont want the extra descriptions and pictures I include when doing horrible shit to npcs, elves mostly. Default is on. 

The Feast of Bloodied Stone

The Feast of Bloodied Stone, known as Gharfek'taaz, is a yearly event (optional but important to participate in if you want to be rewarded) that allows you to sacrifice

prisoners and slaves to the god Gruumsh. It is by having this event you are able to earn powerful rewards, such as artifacts and immortality.

Favor points earned here and throughout any added events by taking actions that will please Gruumsh will be what gives you access to these rewards.

They will not be super easy or quick to earn. Gruumsh is not really a nice God btw....

There is still more work to be done here, more variations of the afterparty and random events to give each feast a bit of flavor.

Orcish Culture

Orcish culture was created by Aliris and is at this time provided through LF when picking orc as your race. An override was added to change orcs into a no horde type

due to people getting locked in an Agnatic Government. Horse Lord DLC is garbage.

Orcish Religion

Gruumsh Religion is seeded through the Options Menu, which is accessible either in a pop up event after game start or in the Intrigue Menu.

Many traits/events are not possible without being a Gruumsh worshiper. 

The religion comes pre-reformed, the Holy Sites are changeable once, the same way LF does the custom religion.

At this time it is probably too overpowered, I will do some tweaking to it as time goes by. Feedback provided by players should help.

Slave-Born Content

These events will be centered around having children with slaves, and those slaves becoming part of the orcish community... if they survive the trials.

With the Visit Slave decision, you will probably end up with a lot of slave children. The way I handled this was if you legitimize them, then nothing different happens.

If you admit they are yours but don't legitimize them, a couple days later they will switch to their other parents dynasty (or none if the other parent is lowborn), lose the Bastard trait,

and you will no longer be considered their parent, pretty much the same as if you denied them being yours. They will also receive the Slave-Born trait, and upon reaching adulthood,

you will have to choose their fate. That means you can enslave them, enlist them in your army which will eventually add some kind of bonus (they will disappear from the game),

banish them to another realm, or let Gruumsh decide their fate. The last option actually does more, in a few years they will pop up again, giving you the chance to send them through trials.

The trials implemented right now are Shaman and Warrior trials for specialized versions, or the cultural trial which is pretty much just a random chance to pass, die, or be enslaved.

The shaman trials will make new shaman, but require a learning education and to be an orc to even try. Shaman will become important later when I have written events for them.

The warrior trials require a military education, though no race requirement. There is also a chance if they do well enough to receive a special warrior trait which will give them

unique battle abilities. Unlike the cultural trials, military and shaman trials are not completely random, the education level of the slave-born can increase the chances of success. Also,

traits they were born with or learned growing up can help those chances.If you share that education, you could choose to help them, but your education level matters here too.

All three types of trials, if passed, change the Slave-Born trait to the Risen From Slavery trait, earning them the respect of the orcish community. Any slaveborn not in your nation

becomes a slave upon adulthood. If you are not an orc worshiping Gruumsh then any of your nations slaveborns also become slaves on adulthood.

Compatibility

Should be compatible with anything Luxuria Fantasia is.

Required/Recommended Mods

Luxuria Fantasia - Required (Duh, it's in the title)

House Irae - Recommended for Dark Elf Content (drow slaves can be found but no real events yet)

Tentacled Dreams - Recommended if Tentacles are your thing (nothing extra included in current version....yet)

Tale of Nine Tails - Recommended for Kitsune Content (nothing extra included in current version....yet)

Elemental Desires - Recommended for Elven Content (nothing extra included in current version....yet)

Elven Expansion - Recommended for Elven Content (currently no longer supported by author, might still work though)

Cheri Portraits- Recommended to match the LF portraits Cheri made and lockeslylcrit now uses in LF

Loading Screens - Recommended if you want some lewd styled loading screens

Smaller Offmap Buttons - Recommended if using multiple mods adding Offmap Empires

A Bigger Interface - Recommended to improve the UI and fight trait spam

ACM - Recommended for spreading fantasy races around the world or cheating/debugging problems.

ABM - Recommended if you want body traits

Credit

lockeslylcrit - The Matron Mother of CK2 modding. This mod would not exist without her patience with my stupid questions.

Dewguru - The creator of Dark World

View File

reserved for change logs in spoiler below

V1.1.4 - New Game is NOT required
Added - An event chain for any non orc player with an orc neighbor. 4 different variations based on gender/dom/sub. Requires violent rule be active(default) in AOH intrigue option menu.
Added - A smaller event chain for any non orc female with a male orc prisoner, 2 variations based on if violent rule is active for AOH.

V1.1.3 - New Game is NOT required
Added - Finally finished the descriptions in Slaveborn Trials, and reduced difficulty of success a bit.
Added - To prevent Orcs from being OP I added a hidden event that causes infighting in npc Orc Nations

V1.1.2 - New Game is NOT required
Added - Three new Orc only wonders, two use vanilla upgrades, the slave camp has entirely custom upgrades.
Added - Various Opinion Modifiers to give some of the events more lasting consequences. 
Fixed - Obould will no longer usurp your dynasty when he is created. No longer spawns if you are not an orc.
Fixed - Small tweaks here and there, most of which I forgot about after.

V1.1.1 - New Game is NOT required
Added - Orcish Religion worshiping Gruumsh added.
Added - Two new CBs, one for Orc verse Elf only, and one for Elf verse Orc only.
Added - Option Menu allows you to seed new Orc Religion.
Added - Two short Family Focus events, event firing will probably need to be tweaked still.
Fixed - Siege Won event should give courtiers with the right portrait now, LF was changing their portraits to Orcs.

V1.1.0 - New Game is required
Added - Short Carousing Focus event with several endings
Added - Siege Won event to get more slaves, you need to be commanding the army
Added - Rare slave escape event, not entirely finished but has good rewards if you catch her
Added - Option Menu to control content the player will or wont see (bare bones atm)
Added - Unique Portraits for Anak and Obould, system for it now in place for future uniques.
Added - New orc portraits that will override LF portraits

V1.0.3 
Bugfix - Hunting Focus event will produce both females and males, instead of just males

V1.0.2 
Bugfix - Feast intrigue option will only show if you are an orc
Added - New event. If you have the hunting focus or the hunter trait you can go on a slave hunt. Usually happens once a year. 

V1.0.1 
Changed - favored elven slave no longer has a male and female version
Bugfix - a few localisation errors i found while testing
Bugfix - Crown of Obould Many-Arrows picture was broken
Bugfix - Slave-Born section was pretty broken, fixed it up a bit. check main page slave-born section for more details
Added - Visit Slave targetted decision was added, uses LF's Initiate Sex events for now, will write my own later to better fit the theme.

V1.0.0
Alpha Release

The new update is out, check the changelog for details. A new game is not required unless downloading for the first time, but if you do have a game going, then you should go into it and remove any favored elven slaves holding that title before you update.

1 hour ago, Strec said:

Are your slavery features based on the lf_enslaved trait or do you have your own?

Is religion a pagan or reformed one?

yes I am using the lf_enslaved trait and the is_enslaved scripted_trigger so hopefully DWR is compatible.

both technically. LF custom religion starts as a pagan religion, but can be reformed the usual way.

• 4 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, zb123thecat said:

I get a crash to desktop when clicking on the religion tab icon in my game. Pretty much running the full suite of recommended mods, latest version, on a full randomized world. After I get the custom religion with LF (using orc pantheon) the crash happens all the time.

AOH does not add any religions to the game, so it is not the source of your problem. I recommend removing your mods one by one until it stops crashing. That way you can figure out where the problem is.

On 2/25/2020 at 2:51 PM, Celedhring said:

Does the mod work for NPC orcs like the seeded orc realms from LF? 

No, not really. Right now the only thing AI orcs will do is when they breed with slaves the children will be automatically become slaves on adulthood, instead of the trials. They cannot use the slave visit decision though. I will eventually add content intended for use by NPCs. I have a few ides aimed at npc orcs like religions, the shaman system will include them, and special orc CBs but I would welcome any ideas tossed out, as long as the person offering them keeps in mind these are not warcraft orcs. 

• 2 months later...

I like how you gave the orcs polished feature. ☺️ Giving them more character as an unique race.

However their religion is way too overpowered, compared to other pagan groups in the game. ( Norse group get 30% levy size + 50% retinue size bonus. )

With 130% levy size + 150% retinue size bonus is epic bonus for the players, but makes AI nightmarish opponent when you don't play as a orc.

My first experience started with the Shatter World mode at 769 starting date, by the late 800s, the orc tribes had basically overrun the whole map from the East to the west, only the Kingdom of Navarra was holding out thanks to a conqueror bloodline, but the kingdom was tearing itself apart thanks to the Gavekind succession with king's sons, becoming a easy prey for the orc hordes. I was basically fighting against the whole world with overwhelming numbers at this point.

So yea, the religion's insane bonus needs tune down a little.

2 hours ago, PalatinePhoenix said:

Hey i love the mod!, just had one question is it a design choice that i can't change the agnatic laws, or have i run into a mod conflict ? :) 

Some type of mod conflict, I don't know what sets it off but if you go into LF culture files and change the orc culture to horde = no instead of yes this will fix it. Or at least thats what was reported by another player with the same issue.

On 5/2/2020 at 6:45 AM, Droll1 said:

I like how you gave the orcs polished feature. ☺️ Giving them more character as an unique race.

However their religion is way too overpowered, compared to other pagan groups in the game. ( Norse group get 30% levy size + 50% retinue size bonus. )

With 130% levy size + 150% retinue size bonus is epic bonus for the players, but makes AI nightmarish opponent when you don't play as a orc.

My first experience started with the Shatter World mode at 769 starting date, by the late 800s, the orc tribes had basically overrun the whole map from the East to the west, only the Kingdom of Navarra was holding out thanks to a conqueror bloodline, but the kingdom was tearing itself apart thanks to the Gavekind succession with king's sons, becoming a easy prey for the orc hordes. I was basically fighting against the whole world with overwhelming numbers at this point.

So yea, the religion's insane bonus needs tune down a little.

It is overpowered, I was trying to find a way to offset this when another game I play started a double xp event, when thats done I will come back and start tweaking it and adding something to keep the orcs in check. I felt that orcs should be able to come up with more bodies than other races, almost any lore about orcs say they breed like rabbits, I just haven't decided how I want to handle it. Maybe some hidden events that detect orcs are either too numerous or their realms are getting too large and break them up, wipe them out, etc.

5 hours ago, Alaratt said:

Some type of mod conflict, I don't know what sets it off but if you go into LF culture files and change the orc culture to horde = no instead of yes this will fix it. Or at least thats what was reported by another player with the same issue.

It is overpowered, I was trying to find a way to offset this when another game I play started a double xp event, when thats done I will come back and start tweaking it and adding something to keep the orcs in check. I felt that orcs should be able to come up with more bodies than other races, almost any lore about orcs say they breed like rabbits, I just haven't decided how I want to handle it. Maybe some hidden events that detect orcs are either too numerous or their realms are getting too large and break them up, wipe them out, etc.

Thanks that fixed it up!

A second question, my High Eye...fell down the stairs, and i can't seem to find another with the Warpriest trait, is there anyway to help the creation of one ? 

5 hours ago, Alaratt said:

I'm using a mod, that adds imperial societies to the game with power struggles mechanics:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1686659535

also when i think of orc's i think of clan's, so maybe HL mechanics can help.

another suggestion or maybe question, in which way do want the orc's to be? real grim dark? than i would say warhammer and WAAAGH!! Or not so grim, maybe something like Dungeons and Dragons could be an inspiration?

And maybe these books could help: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orcs:_First_Blood

7 hours ago, PalatinePhoenix said:

Thanks that fixed it up!

A second question, my High Eye...fell down the stairs, and i can't seem to find another with the Warpriest trait, is there anyway to help the creation of one ? 

If Anak died, then sometime in the next game year a new randomly created High Eye should appear in your court. War Priests (These are not High Eye, just regular priests) are created during the feast event you can throw once a year, the mod will detect if you have any potential npcs to become War Priests in your court and give them a chance to become War Priests or Priestesses. Right now there is no events tied to War Priests, but they will eventually be used for battle tactics, like healing troops or special attacks. Potentials need a learning focus, the higher the tier the better the chance. Slaveborn children with the learning focus can become War Priests too, if they are lucky and dont die during the slaveborn trials.

7 hours ago, Methurgar said:

I'm using a mod, that adds imperial societies to the game with power struggles mechanics:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1686659535

also when i think of orc's i think of clan's, so maybe HL mechanics can help.

another suggestion or maybe question, in which way do want the orc's to be? real grim dark? than i would say warhammer and WAAAGH!! Or not so grim, maybe something like Dungeons and Dragons could be an inspiration?

And maybe these books could help: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orcs:_First_Blood

The lore is based off of the Forgotten Realms Universe, with minor tweaks as needed, which was created by people who played D&D. This is the same lore source that House Irae mod uses. Fandom Wiki Link for Orcs

When I get some free time I will check that mod out. 

7 hours ago, Alaratt said:

If Anak died, then sometime in the next game year a new randomly created High Eye should appear in your court. War Priests (These are not High Eye, just regular priests) are created during the feast event you can throw once a year, the mod will detect if you have any potential npcs to become War Priests in your court and give them a chance to become War Priests or Priestesses. Right now there is no events tied to War Priests, but they will eventually be used for battle tactics, like healing troops or special attacks. Potentials need a learning focus, the higher the tier the better the chance. Slaveborn children with the learning focus can become War Priests too, if they are lucky and dont die during the slaveborn trials.

The lore is based off of the Forgotten Realms Universe, with minor tweaks as needed, which was created by people who played D&D. This is the same lore source that House Irae mod uses. Fandom Wiki Link for Orcs

When I get some free time I will check that mod out. 

Quite fair, might have fun into another conflict then, as its been near a century and no other showed up. Still your mod has made it truly awesome to play as an orc, and after manually adding the trait i can continue conquer the north in the name of Gruumsh. 

5 hours ago, PalatinePhoenix said:

Quite fair, might have fun into another conflict then, as its been near a century and no other showed up. Still your mod has made it truly awesome to play as an orc, and after manually adding the trait i can continue conquer the north in the name of Gruumsh. 

adding the trait wont get you the minor title though. Next time you don't have a High Eye type into the console;

event aoh_core.25, that should launch the event. The only thing that prevents that event from firing once a year is if you already have a High Eye.

4 hours ago, Celedhring said:

How do the orcs in your mod work as NPC's towards non-orc player characters?  Declare war on the player character, try to keep them captive and breed them?

Right now the only real interaction that orcs have towards a non-orc player is ability to declare a special CB if the player is an elf. They will do this to npc elves too though. I think they have to be elven culture as well for that CB to be available. I will eventually add events and such like your asking about, my list of things to add is pretty long still though, so idk when I will get around to it. It's definitely on the list as a fairly high priority, since I dont expect everybody using the mod to be playing as an orc.