Struggling to get PC's belly to increase in size with UNP

I'm pretty new to P.C modding of these sorts as the only thing I've had to mod on a P.C before is Xcom 2, which isn't difficult. 

I'm currently trying to get mods like Hentai Pregnancy and Fill Her Up to work properly, and by work properly, I mean for the belly to actually scale up. I've switched between CBBE bodies and UNP bodies, but both have some kind of flaw.

All the times I've tried with CBBE, the PC's belly does increase in size, however only when nude. A lot of my vanilla armour replacers won't scale the belly on the armour itself up. The only exception to this is some standalone custom armours.

On the flip side, the times I've attempted to use UNP/UUNP (as this is what a lot of people on various forums seemed to suggest is better) every time the PC's belly size increases, it will show it as it's happening in whatever animation, but as soon as the animation stops, it reverts to its original size (despite still registering the increased size in the related mod menus). 

If anyone can help me out by either:

A) Helping me make sure I haven't done anything wrong.

or

B) Giving me precise recommended body/armour/ etc mods that work (preferably UNP/UUNP)

that would be brilliant, thanks. 

5 hours ago, godwhyamidoingthis said:

All the times I've tried with CBBE, the PC's belly does increase in size, however only when nude. A lot of my vanilla armour replacers won't scale the belly on the armour itself up. The only exception to this is some standalone custom armours.

You need to build the vanilla outfits in BodySlide with body morphs, as well as the body. If you use the bodyslide files from CBBE you have all the vanilla outfits already covered. If you use another replacer, check if it has bodyslide files and build the outfit sets. Basically, whenever a character wears an outfits, their whole body model is replaced with a new one showing the outfit, so you must build the body and outfit models using bodyslide.

5 hours ago, godwhyamidoingthis said:

On the flip side, the times I've attempted to use UNP/UUNP (as this is what a lot of people on various forums seemed to suggest is better) every time the PC's belly size increases, it will show it as it's happening in whatever animation, but as soon as the animation stops, it reverts to its original size (despite still registering the increased size in the related mod menus). 

UNP = a particular body shape, known by being more slim and petite framed than the default CBBE shape.

UUNP = Universal UNP, basically a collection of Bodyslide sliders to tweak the body shape to whatever you want. So it's not just one shape, is the sliders to build a lot of different shapes.

Scaling was originally done using the bones in the skeleton (in Skyrim the skeleton dictates animations and body proportions), at some point the belly bone was removed and people had to find another ways to show effects such as inflation, that other way is using body morphs from Bodyslide. I'm not sure if the current implementation of UUNP in SE has bone scaling or you need body morphs. But in either case, the best way to do this, IMO, would be:

1. Pick CBBE or UUNP (remember both body shapes can be changed), uninstall anything related to the body type you won't use (textures/armors or bodyslide files made for that body type, etc.).
  2. Pick a preset (the actual shape of the body) and build your body model and outfits models in Bodyslide, with the "Body Morphs" setting enabled.
  3. Check that all the mods you want to use to change the body shape are compatible with body morphs (I think most mods supports morphs by now, so you should be okay).

If you're not familar with how Bodyslide works there are some videos about how to use the most basic functions, there are also tutorials to do more advanced stuff with it. In my signature you'll find a guide I wrote, it covers the basic about how to use BodySlide, it has parts that may not help you if you're not using Mod Organizer as your mod manager, but the actual process of using it to build the body/outfits is explained there.

Edit: this is the armor replacer I use whenever I feel like having skimpy outfits in my game. I think it covers every outfit found in the base game + DLCs and it's for UUNP. If you want to use CBBE, there is a separate mod that provides Bodyslide files to build the outfits for CBBE.

2 hours ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

You need to build the vanilla outfits in BodySlide with body morphs, as well as the body. If you use the bodyslide files from CBBE you have all the vanilla outfits already covered. If you use another replacer, check if it has bodyslide files and build the outfit sets. Basically, whenever a character wears an outfits, their whole body model is replaced with a new one showing the outfit, so you must build the body and outfit models using bodyslide.

UNP = a particular body shape, known by being more slim and petite framed than the default CBBE shape.

UUNP = Universal UNP, basically a collection of Bodyslide sliders to tweak the body shape to whatever you want. So it's not just one shape, is the sliders to build a lot of different shapes.

Scaling was originally done using the bones in the skeleton (in Skyrim the skeleton dictates animations and body proportions), at some point the belly bone was removed and people had to find another ways to show effects such as inflation, that other way is using body morphs from Bodyslide. I'm not sure if the current implementation of UUNP in SE has bone scaling or you need body morphs. But in either case, the best way to do this, IMO, would be:

1. Pick CBBE or UUNP (remember both body shapes can be changed), uninstall anything related to the body type you won't use (textures/armors or bodyslide files made for that body type, etc.).
  2. Pick a preset (the actual shape of the body) and build your body model and outfits models in Bodyslide, with the "Body Morphs" setting enabled.
  3. Check that all the mods you want to use to change the body shape are compatible with body morphs (I think most mods supports morphs by now, so you should be okay).

If you're not familar with how Bodyslide works there are some videos about how to use the most basic functions, there are also tutorials to do more advanced stuff with it. In my signature you'll find a guide I wrote, it covers the basic about how to use BodySlide, it has parts that may not help you if you're not using Mod Organizer as your mod manager, but the actual process of using it to build the body/outfits is explained there.

Edit: this is the armor replacer I use whenever I feel like having skimpy outfits in my game. I think it covers every outfit found in the base game + DLCs and it's for UUNP. If you want to use CBBE, there is a separate mod that provides Bodyslide files to build the outfits for CBBE.

Okay, thanks for that dude. I'll give some of the stuff you've said a shot. To be fair, I've only kind of half got how bodyslide works, so that guide of yours should be helpful. I'll let you know how it goes when I wake up and jump on. Thanks anyway! 

17 hours ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

it covers the basic about how to use BodySlide, it has parts that may not help you if you're not using Mod Organizer as your mod manager, 

I now somewhat understand Bodyslide more, so thanks for that part of the guide. However, I'm struggling with finding how to go to the Modify Executables window as I'm using Vortex. Do you perhaps know how I do this step with Vortex as my Google searches have come up pretty empty?

39 minutes ago, godwhyamidoingthis said:

I now somewhat understand Bodyslide more, so thanks for that part of the guide. However, I'm struggling with finding how to go to the Modify Executables window as I'm using Vortex. Do you perhaps know how I do this step with Vortex as my Google searches have come up pretty empty?

I think Vortex uses a "dashboard" instead of the executable list/modify executable window MO has. I've found a gif that shows the process (here is the source), but I'm not sure if this info is still accurate.

23 minutes ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

I think Vortex uses a "dashboard" instead of the executable list/modify executable window MO has. I've found a gif that shows the process (here is the source), but I'm not sure if this info is still accurate.

Yes, the dashboard feature works as the GIF shows, however I'm still rather confused as to how to complete the "Create mod files instead of overwrite step." I'm unsure as to how you accomplish it on Vortex. 

I have the Bodyslide Output folder registered in the mod menu, though I had to use a bit of a workaround and create it in the "mod staging folder".

To be honest, I'm surprised there's no guide for this out there. That or I'm a mega noob and it's incredibly easy and I'm just not seeing it.

I'm not sure if you need the bodyslide output in vortex as I do in MO, even in MO that step is somewhat optional. Maybe the generated files are added to a new mod automatically (or replace the existing files in your installed mods). Try to build your body sets and see if anything new appears on Vortex.

I'm not sure if Vortex has any dedicated tutorials, I know for MO there is an entire video guide series with hours of content, but people don't even watch it nowdays and just say "neh, MO too complex" that's why I wrote my own guide about how to start with it.

7 minutes ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

I'm not sure if you need the bodyslide output in vortex as I do in MO, even in MO that step is somewhat optional. Maybe the generated files are added to a new mod automatically (or replace the existing files in your installed mods). Try to build your body sets and see if anything new appears on Vortex.

I'm not sure if Vortex has any dedicated tutorials, I know for MO there is an entire video guide series with hours of content, but people don't even watch it nowdays and just say "neh, MO too complex" that's why I wrote my own guide about how to start with it.

We trade one villain for another it seems. Now when I go into Bodyslide and try to filter the groups, the only thing that shows up is "unassigned". Considering how full it was the last time I loaded it up, that's rather worrying. Tried reinstalling both Bodyslide and all the armour/ body mods that should be accessible from it, but unfortunately to no avail. Sorry to bother you even further, but I don't suppose you know what's going on/ how to fix it?

Bodyslide doesn't come with many sets/groups, if any at all. I always use it with CBBE, which provides bodyslide files for bodies and outfits, I'm not sure how are you using an UNP body in SE, but you should see the slider sets/groups if they are installed in Vortex. Reinstalling Bodyslide shouldn't remove these sets, because AFAIK in vortex these files should be still present in your other armor/body mods. As long as you have everything installed in Vortex and you launch Bodyslide within Vortex (that's why you add it to that dashboard), you should have all your installed mods in there.

Well this appears to be getting even worse. as according to Vortex a bunch of my body-related mods are redundant. I don't know how as I haven't added any mods that would do such a thing. That, and one of my KS Hairdos packs is apparently redundant too. I don't think I'll actually be playing the game any time soon at this rate. XD

4 minutes ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

Vortex being Vortex, someone who uses it would be able to help you better there I guess.

In your opinion, would it be worth downloading MO2 instead of Vortex? I get that Vortex is supposed to be noob friendly when it comes to some of the simplicity of modding, but it seems a pain for even slightly more advanced stuff.

18 minutes ago, godwhyamidoingthis said:

In your opinion, would it be worth downloading MO2 instead of Vortex? I get that Vortex is supposed to be noob friendly when it comes to some of the simplicity of modding, but it seems a pain for even slightly more advanced stuff.

In my totally biased opinion yes. Vortex is supposed to be more intuitive, so it does a couple of things behind the curtain (like sorting loadorder), which seems nice but takes control away from the user. The other features of Vortex are also in MO, like the main selling feature of keeping your game folder clean of mod files. I have no doubt if you put enough effort and learn to use Vortex you'll be able to get what you want out of that software, but the same can be said about MO. I'm more familiar with MO and I'd say anyone can start with a basic setup of Skyrim + a few mods in a matter of hours (minutes if you are not limited by download/waiting times). Before ditching everything related to Vortex you could try MO first, download, open it and see the user interface. Then you could make a more informed decision. 

4 minutes ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

In my totally biased opinion yes. Vortex is supposed to be more intuitive, so it does a couple of things behind the curtain (like sorting loadorder), which seems nice but takes control away from the user. The other features of Vortex are also in MO, like the main selling feature of keeping your game folder clean of mod files. I have no doubt if you put enough effort and learn to use Vortex you'll be able to get what you want out of that software, but the same can be said about MO. I'm more familiar with MO and I'd say anyone can start with a basic setup of Skyrim + a few mods in a matter of hours (minutes if you are not limited by download/waiting times). Before ditching everything related to Vortex you could try MO first, download, open it and see the user interface. Then you could make a more informed decision. 

Well I'll definitely keep that in mind my dude, thanks for your input. I've managed to sort the redundancy issues, now I've just got to see if I can sort out this issue with Bodyslide not detecting the related mods.

Okay, bit of an update:

Managed to sort Bodyslide out and it's now detecting my mods (some issues to do with it's access to the SSE folder apparently) and I've sorted out the actual body meshes as per your guide.

The issue I've run into now is that the armour from the replacer you linked (ironically the one I already was trying to use) isn't showing up in Bodyslide. Everything else is fine and it's picking up other standalone armours, but not this one (BD's, to be precise)). Any idea why this might be?I'm going to try the good old fashioned, uninstall/reinstall, but if that doesn't work, I'm somewhat stumped.

Ahh my bad there. The bodyslide files are a separate mod for CBBE, I checked the UNP version and there are no bodyslide files. The pre-made meshes don't contain the tri files either (these are the files generated when you build a model with body morphs).

You'll have to grab the bodyslide files from the LE mod (as this armor replacer is a port from a LE mod) and use these files to generate the models. After that, I think you need to convert the meshes... although the process is quite easy, it wouldn't be my personal recommendation for someone new to Skyrim mods.

Check this if you're still interested in using UNP. Otherwise, CBBE for SE has better coverage IMO, most armors are released with CBBE in mind and Bodyslide supports it by default.

14 minutes ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

Ahh my bad there. The bodyslide files are a separate mod for CBBE, I checked the UNP version and there are no bodyslide files. The pre-made meshes don't contain the tri files either (these are the files generated when you build a model with body morphs).

You'll have to grab the bodyslide files from the LE mod (as this armor replacer is a port from a LE mod) and use these files to generate the models. After that, I think you need to convert the meshes... although the process is quite easy, it wouldn't be my personal recommendation for someone new to Skyrim mods.

Check this if you're still interested in using UNP. Otherwise, CBBE for SE has better coverage IMO, most armors are released with CBBE in mind and Bodyslide supports it by default.

S'all good dude, no worries. Funnily enough, I switched back over to CBBE anyway as I can still get a similar built body but can also follow the guide a bit easier. I've already downloaded the CBBE conversion of BD's replacer so I just need to make sure I've deleted all UUNP related stuff and replaced it all with the CBBE versions I need, then I can jump back into Bodyslide and continue what I was doing.

Will probably have to redo the Output folder though as I've obviously already done the body.

Archived