Help, animations do not run!!!

You forgot to run FNIS. Do it.

If you've run FNIS and you still don't get the animations to work then you likely have a mod made for Skyrim SE (if playing the old Skyrim) or for LE (if playing Skyrim SE). Before running FNIS enable the third setting in the patch section (check HKX compatibility). If you're still not sure what's going on and can't fix it post the entire text FNIS generates after it finish updating the behavior files (with the hkx compatibility check enabled).

Just now, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

You forgot to run FNIS. Do it.

If you've run FNIS and you still don't get the animations to work then you likely have a mod made for Skyrim SE (if playing the old Skyrim) or for LE (if playing Skyrim SE). Before running FNIS enable the third setting in the patch section (check HKX compatibility). If you're still not sure what's going on and can't fix it post the entire text FNIS generates after it finish updating the behavior files (with the hkx compatibility check enabled).

***This is what appears in the text after selecting all the boxes below and clicking on update**

>>Warning: Generator not run from a legal (Steam) Skyrim installation directory. If you use SKSE, this can be fixed by starting Skyrim once through Steam.<<
FNIS Behavior V7.5.1   5/1/2020 10:04:13 p. m.
Generator: G:\Ju-egos\Mas Ju-egos\SKYRIM\The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Special Edition\data\FNIS Behavior SE 7.5.1\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\GenerateFNISforUsers.exe
Skyrim SE 64bit: ??.??.?? - G:\Ju-egos\Mas Ju-egos\SKYRIM\The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim Special Edition\

Skeleton(hkx) female: Default (99 bones)   male: Default (99 bones)
Patch: "GENDER Specific Animations"  
Patch: "SKELETON Arm Fix"  
Patch: "HKX File Compatibility Check Skyrim/SSE"  
Patch: "File Redirection (Vortex/MO profiles support)"  
Patch: * tktk1's "TK Dodge / Ultimate Combat"  (CTD:0,3%)
>>Warning: * tktk1's "TK Dodge / Ultimate Combat"  not installed<<
Patch: * xp32's "PC Exclusive Animation Path" (PCEA)  
Patch: * xp32's "New Animation for Running with Bow"  
Patch: * xp32's "New Animation for 1H Weapon"  
Patch: * xp32's "Momo Acrobatic Jump"  
Patch: * rongphale's "Horsemen Mounted Combat Enh."  
Patch: * Moljka's "Blocking Combat Behavior Improv. for Skyrim"  
Patch: * DServant's "Archery Gameplay Overhaul SE"  (CTD:0,1%)
>>Warning: * DServant's "Archery Gameplay Overhaul SE"  not installed<<
Patch: * SpikeDragonLord's "Centaur Race Alpha WIP"  

ERROR(2014): Target folder for File Redirection not specified or does not exist: . FNIS.ini wrong or missing. See FNIS Description > FNIS Vortex/MO support (profiles), FNIS.ini.

The FNIS should I run it once and then close it or run it and leave it open every time I run Skyrim?

1. You are running SE so you need to make sure all your mods will work with SE.

2. You need to make sure you have the correct skeleton XPMS(S)E and then reinstall it so it overwrites everything.

3. You do not need all those patches ticked. Try just having the skeleton arm fix ticked. You may or may not require these:

"GENDER Specific Animations"  - "HKX File Compatibility Check Skyrim/SSE" - "File Redirection (Vortex/MO profiles support)". The rest you only need to tick if you have the corresponding mod installed. For example:

Patch: * tktk1's "TK Dodge / Ultimate Combat"  (CTD:0,3%)
>>Warning: * tktk1's "TK Dodge / Ultimate Combat"  not installed<<

Patch: * DServant's "Archery Gameplay Overhaul SE"  (CTD:0,1%)
>>Warning: * DServant's "Archery Gameplay Overhaul SE"  not installed<<

The same applies to those which haven't flagged a warning.

4. You need to re-run FNIS everytime you make changes to animations or skeleton.

5. You do not need to leave it open.

A lot is going on there.

1. Warning: Generator not run from a legal (Steam) Skyrim installation directory. So what's going on? did you forgot to launch Skyrim at least once the usual way? Or is it a pirated copy of the game?

2. FNIS can't even get the Skyrim version, your skeleton or any installed mod at all. Usually due to a bad install path.

Skyrim SE 64bit: ??.??.??

Skeleton(hkx) female: Default (99 bones)   male: Default (99 bones)

3. Did you just check every patch possible? FNIS is reporting some missing mods for these patches. You shouldn't enable all these patches, unless you really have all the mods. Either way, FNIS is not getting some of the mods, or any at all.

Warning: * tktk1's "TK Dodge / Ultimate Combat"  not installed

Warning: * DServant's "Archery Gameplay Overhaul SE"  not installed

4.Do you use MO or Vortex to manage your mods? The last error is saying you didn't setup FNIS properly to run it with your mod manager.

ERROR(2014): Target folder for File Redirection not specified or does not exist: . FNIS.ini wrong or missing. See FNIS Description > FNIS Vortex/MO support (profiles), FNIS.ini.

17 minutes ago, alejandrita said:

The FNIS should I run it once and then close it or run it and leave it open every time I run Skyrim?

You should run it once, and receive no warnings at all. Then you can close it and go back to play. You shouldn't need to run it again until you add or remove a mod with animations. But seriously, you have a lot of wrong stuff there. 

Just now, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

A lot is going on there.

1. Warning: Generator not run from a legal (Steam) Skyrim installation directory. So what's going on? did you forgot to launch Skyrim at least once the usual way? Or is it a pirated copy of the game?

2. FNIS can't even get the Skyrim version, your skeleton or any installed mod at all. Usually due to a bad install path.

3. Did you just check every patch possible? FNIS is reporting some missing mods for these patches. You shouldn't enable all these patches, unless you really have all the mods. Either way, FNIS is not getting some of the mods, or any at all.

4.Do you use MO or Vortex to manage your mods? The last error is saying you didn't setup FNIS properly to run it with your mod manager.

You should run it once, and receive no warnings at all. Then you can close it and go back to play. You shouldn't need to run it again until you add or remove a mod with animations. But seriously, you have a lot of wrong stuff there. 

Ok, if it is a pirated version of Skyrim SE 64bit, I have downloaded the latest patch, install 1.5.80 and then 1.5.97 since I was not allowed to install the SKSE.

I'm not sure if I installed the FNIS correctly, since right next to its name it marks a square with a red X, I'm using MO2.

Finally, I must check if all the mods are compatible with SE, I know that many do, since in the description I said it but others do not know.

• 2 years later...
9 hours ago, EHennings said:

Hello everyone, I have the same error when I try to run FNIS. It says I don't have something installed, but I do. I really don't know how I can fix this. Does someone has an idea? My Skyrim is SE and I use NMM. Here's what I have.

From the FNIS report, the mod appears to be installed, the one you reported as an error is a "Patches". Simply try unchecking it

546050342-Sanstitre-png-d7dffa85fb0c033c

Edited by lisander68