MCM Menus Not Loading

15 minutes ago, noblahblahblahnopeblahblah said:

Is there a way to force mcm menus to load? I have "and you get a slave", the plugin is active, but once ingame it won't load the mcm menu for the mod. It worked fine on a previous game but refuses to load on a new one. I used loot to sort load order and even tried uninstalling and reinstall but no luck.

Are you giving it time?

Depending on your mod set-up, I've known people who've had it take upwards of 10 minutes for new mods to show up. Go into game with the mod active, and try just waiting. Don't open menus, the console, ect. You'll get a message in the upper right corner of the screen saying " MCM registered (1) new menu(s) " if successful. Any longer than that, and you might have an issue.

1. Just play for a while, usually MCMs are registered after a couple of minutes. Go into an interior cell (an inn, a house, anything behind a loadscreen) and see if you receive the message about a new mcm registered. Sometimes I get the message after going into an interior cell and then going back to the exterior.
  2. Save and reload. Or save, exit the game and start it again, see if the MCM is registered after a couple of minutes.
  3. Use the console command

setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1

4. If your issue is with a mod in particular, go to that mod's support thread (its below the "Download file") and ask there, sometimes its a known issue and maybe there is a fix in the comments.
22 minutes ago, bandygirl1 said:

Are you giving it time?

Depending on your mod set-up, I've known people who've had it take upwards of 10 minutes for new mods to show up. Go into game with the mod active, and try just waiting. Don't open menus, the console, ect. You'll get a message in the upper right corner of the screen saying " MCM registered (1) new menu(s) " if successful. Any longer than that, and you might have an issue.

Yes, I gave it time. Waited 15-20 minutes and nothing.

15 minutes ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:
  1. Just play for a while, usually MCMs are registered after a couple of minutes. Go into an interior cell (an inn, a house, anything behind a loadscreen) and see if you receive the message about a new mcm registered. Sometimes I get the message after going into an interior cell and then going back to the exterior.
  2. Save and reload. Or save, exit the game and start it again, see if the MCM is registered after a couple of minutes.
  3. Use the console command
  4. If your issue is with a mod in particular, go to that mod's support thread (its below the "Download file") and ask there, sometimes its a known issue and maybe there is a fix in the comments.

I waited, I played for an hour plus with multiple cell changes. I saved and reloaded, I saved and exited game, uninstalled, reloaded game and changed cell, saved again and quit game, then reinstalled. I will try the console command next. Thanks in advance if it works!

Archived