Sims3 animations & variants (Update 08. February 2024)

4 hours ago, landess said:

Made it easy to identify them.

This was the main reason to do so.

But left an hint to the origin creator in the XML (OKW-File) on each animation.

Further Info : I did not implement the "Strap-on" feature into the OKW-File, since this brings confusion into the partner selection.

Must admit to have removed this "strap-on" lines out of most of my OKW files for all animations since I find it way to unrealistic , or did you heard

about i.e. two Girls on the Glory-Hole where one uses the strap on... OK, OK may be yes.  But is rare in real life ! ?

From a personal viewpoint I find the use of strap-on's clumsy. It seems a hand held would be more effective in a lesbian encounter - hell, If I could unplug the ole noodle and still get the same experience, I know my back would thank me.

On 1/5/2020 at 3:11 PM, Clydie said:

So, I looked for some existent animations from other creators and modified, extended, combined them.

How? Are published packages suitable for this purpose, or have you found hidden "sources" by these creators? 

3 hours ago, sim333 said:

How? Are published packages suitable for this purpose, or have you found hidden "sources" by these creators? 

No hidden sources. Just open an existent animation package with s3pe select the animation you want to give a try and export it as file. Then import it into Blender. Do as you desire with the animation in Blender , export it - and import with s3pe into a new package. That's it.

But again I am not an animator. To much left to get familiar with Blender. And, I really think I went the wrong way, since this was a terrible waste of time modifying and assembling the  animations. To create such animations new would have been much faster with better results I guess. Anyway it was just a try and I learned a lot by assembling and adding sounds to this animations. I bet, a real animator would laugh about me and the way I did it.  ?

On 1/8/2020 at 2:02 PM, landess said:

hell, If I could unplug the ole noodle and still get the same experience, I know my back would thank me.

Really funny this thought !

Where I live, people have a word for such what mean "If you feel pain in the back, you should stop at the front" !

18 hours ago, Clydie said:

But again I am not an animator. To much left to get familiar with Blender. And, I really think I went the wrong way, since this was a terrible waste of time modifying and assembling the  animations. To create such animations new would have been much faster with better results I guess. Anyway it was just a try and I learned a lot by assembling and adding sounds to this animations. I bet, a real animator would laugh about me and the way I did it.  ?

I'm not an animator too.) Could you do rotation on the 90°  Swings animations by Analust as I suggested here LINK ? so that it can be used on other objects.

Could also to "down" some L666 and Amra animations of the bed on the floor or rug, so that Sims don't hang in the air when replacing an object.

2 hours ago, sim333 said:

that Sims don't hang in the air when replacing an object.

Changing Object in the OKW xml with different heights always need at least a corresponding adjustment of the animation and therefore an separate animation file with separate xml.

What I had in mind was maybe to move some bed foursomes down to Floor and Rug, since this category in terms of MMFF is a little

"underrepressentet". But will have not much time to spend for that in the near future.   

Very nice work. Thank you! I hate how stale the TS3 scene became, so every little bit counts, and your work is quality.

I've been saying it for a while, but if someone would look into transforming TS4 anims into TS3, it'd be a lifesaver. Supposedly it's not that hard, just a few differences in the skeletons. If you have the time I think we'd all be grateful if you could look into it. ?

Cheers

While many issues affect my perception and 'reception' of the Sims 4, like some pervert I tend to look through the cracks in the fence and see what they're up to in the Sims 4 forums....

Mentioning transforming animations from 4 into 3 sounds like a lot of work, yet a viable mod option for those not confident with their own animation abilities.

As a Simmer since 2, I was hesitant to get 3, but the open world drew me in, since my biggest problem with 2 was the clock and travel between lot's. 4 addressed this, but lost the open world I became enamored with.

So I'm stuck in three, with over half a million mods to choose from, a few more won't hurt  :P

Thanks Clydie for sharing you work with us :D  Will put them in my game and check them out ;)

Landess i too can't break free from the loving embrace of TS3, as the colors and lack of 3d feeling in TS4 just made me turn back and run happily to good old TS3. But i still feel curious and must have a sneak-peak from time to time over the fence. Mike24 is loving it so much that i wonder what I'm missing ;)

22 hours ago, gobicii said:

transforming TS4 anims into TS3

up to now I did not touch SIMS 4 at all and surely will not in the future. So, to look into that I would need *.animation files which can be imported into this older version of Blender.

I guess, here - TS4 to TS3 - we need to convince an real expert for it, like Mike24 or Amra who is familiar with both Sim Worlds. 

Hey Clydie! Nice animations!!! A few things going on here... I understand not wanting to get involved with TS4 stuff, as it involves new tools to learn, when you... and I are just really learning the ins and outs of TS3 tools.

I mentioned to you on the other thread that I played with animations... failed... a while ago. But, I always wanted to maybe alter height of an animation so sims could go at it on a picnic table in the middle of the park. Now would never do that, but......

7 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

picnic table in the middle of the park

Good idea and I also considered such. But if I remember right, the picnic table is not selectable in KW or Passion.

Will check that again, maybe I am wrong !

7 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

TS4 stuff, as it involves new tools to learn,

That's definitely not the reason. Believe it or not, but up to now I NEVER used a Software where I have to be online to start it and I will not in the future - for sure !

I say only "Sims3 and Patch 1.69"  ?

As of yet no picnic-table action, maybe the counter-animations would fit? Someone like TwilightStorm could make the object possible for Passion.

Now if only i  could find how to have the picnic table work as intended with npc sitting down and eat like in the premade parks, but the only object in buydebug i find is the picnic-blanket for the floor that a simmer enabled to be found in buydebug ?

Had a quick try for the picnic table, but failed.

KW states

Parse: Type not found: TablePicnicPublicBasic WooHooStage.

Parse: Type not found: TablePicnicBasic WooHooStage

In Onikis wiki it is said :

Object types can be found using s3oc.

WashingMachine, Altar,Bar, Bathtub, BedSingle, BedDouble, Counter a.s.o.

But it is not that trivial and does not work.

1 hour ago, MrsSanta said:

Someone like TwilightStorm could make the object possible for Passion

or even Oniki for KW. I assume there must be some sort of a tally list in each mod which links to the different objects with different object variants and names.

I guess, unfortunately that is where we have to wait for in that case.

Still, I can be wrong at this, since they speak about "Type" not "Name" and I do not see a "Type" listed in s3oc.

5 hours ago, Clydie said:

Good idea and I also considered such. But if I remember right, the picnic table is not selectable in KW or Passion.

The fact that no animations appear to be set for the picnic table is odd since the table top is the same height as end table, desk and dining table... AND the picnic table seat is the same height as a dining chair. Again, as I quickly gave up on making animations and forget most of what I had known about doing them(very little), it doesn't seem like a big stretch to include one more item to the allowable list??? Possibly a matter of rotating the animations to only a place on the table where they look right???

pictable.jpg.9c79c6285207a362c0eee71c50607072.jpg

I had also wondered why no animations are set to a bar? Its the same height as counters. Go to a bar, get drunk and engage in mindless, drunken woohoo with a total stranger right on top of the bar!)))

Edit: Maybe the picnic table conflicts with animations somehow as being both a table and seating at the same time????

Out of curiosity, and a sense of perversion, I used the KW 'move' feature to raise an item to 'blend' (moveObjects on) - and the sim would walk into the air to use it, and stand in air/walk down when done. So the game paths 'nothing' to change reasonable height.

Also a simple script should be able to be written to change/add flag for EA picnic tables to dining room tables. Since there are no dining chairs it shouldn't change anything drastic, plus it opens up the picnic table for kinky selfies in the modeling career.

Trying to think outside the box.

Screenshot-397.jpg.b1ea874dc695e0cce5e1e1ca9d865209.jpg

I know the picnic table is a bit more complicated with the climb-in animation for sitting as well as the backwards seating for things like snow cones....

It may be one of those things that doesn't look like a big deal, but when you peal the onion you find a can of worms inside? I'm a curious person, and did a quickie search for info...

AND instant confusion followed immediately by brain freeze! Scripts, Jazz, ITUNs... blah blah blah!!!

https://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Tutorials:TS3_Easy_Object_Animation

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=469283

I don't know if any of this is related to making a picnic table into a woohoo-able piece of furniture, but it sure scares me away from trying to make it one!!!!

I'm going to STFU now and go make a dress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ?

Attempt to clone the picnic table with S3oc and changed the flags in the way a "usable" dining table has, changed names and keys .

The Picnic Table appears and you can place it into the game. But that easy the game was not to  outfox.  It's was still recognized as Picnic Table

with sit down function only.

I am not in the object creating and have no knowledge about. So, I gave it up too and returned to my animations stuff.....

3 hours ago, Clydie said:

Attempt to clone the picnic table with S3oc and changed the flags in the way a "usable" dining table has, changed names and keys .

The Picnic Table appears and you can place it into the game. But that easy the game was not to  outfox.  It's was still recognized as Picnic Table

with sit down function only.

I am not in the object creating and have no knowledge about. So, I gave it up too and returned to my animations stuff.....

I think this is because there is a conflict of an object combining a table and a chair in one. need to rework the mod. but I do not know how, alas. (sorry translitor))))