Serana doesn't transform into the Vampire Lord.

Oh shit WTF

That's totally ok for me. I'm not even looking for a mod to make Serana able to transform. (I did try one but it crashes when she transform back to a human body). Though, I just want a lore-friendly reason that Serana doesn't (want to) or can't transform into the Vampire Lord. Does anyone have any ideas?

Lore, she probably doesn't want to.
She's not exactly ashamed of her vampire heritage even if she is ashamed of how she got it.

But I don't think she embraces it in the same way that Harkon did/does.

Real reason: Too much effort for Bethesda to get working, I suspect. Do any of the Vanilla NPC's change, except in scripted scenes?
I don't recall any of the Companions becoming Werewolves.

4 minutes ago, Mez558 said:

Lore, she probably doesn't want to.
She's not exactly ashamed of her vampire heritage even if she is ashamed of how she got it.

But I don't think she embraces it in the same way that Harkon did/does.

Real reason: Too much effort for Bethesda to get working, I suspect. Do any of the Vanilla NPC's change, except in scripted scenes?

that's reasonable.

1 hour ago, Mez558 said:
1 hour ago, Dryad said:

Does anyone have any ideas?

Seranna does not transform into a Vampire Lord because she is not one nor is her mother they are daughters of Coldharbour . Harkon became one with the deal he struck and upon killing a thousand innocents did he receive this. In my club I go into some facts about Harkon it is in the mystery section.

Do any of the Vanilla NPC's change, except in scripted scenes?

No in a vanilla game they will not it takes mods to make it happen then there really is no guarantee.

12 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

they don't but the werewolves and werebears from Solstheim do.

There is Farkas...or Vikas, which ever of the brothers goes with the player to Dustman's Carin. Or Aela, if you use mods to allow her as an option for that quest. Not sure if they do so as followers after, unless it would only be with something like Moonlight Tales where they would. 

As for Serana, I doubt it would be because she hates what she is. Though I'm personally not so fond of how it takes little from the player for her to get cured, and it's something I don't think I would at all suggest she do. Otherwise, I equaly doubt it is because of any story based reason - it's just something Bethesda never made her able to do. 

Though if someone does want this function for Serana, this mod, Vampire Lord Serana, allows her to use the female Vampire Lord form, without any limitations on appearance mods, or any other mods that change her NPC record - though she mostly will only do so for larger fights, and can transform back to her usual form without issues. She will still use her normal spells without something changing them, so one might also want this too - Queen of the Damned - Deadlier Serana - this gives her more variance on her spells, and she will prioritize summoning a gargoyle more often over raising corpses(which she will still do), and her drain spell is improved to be more like the Vampire Lord version. The mod also has several versions that make it compatible with many of the Serana appearance overhauls. 

18 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

they don't but the werewolves and werebears from Solstheim do.

You're right and they're as buggy AF. Fine if the fights over soon or you just runaway but drag the fight on a bit and you end up with talking werebears or headless humans attacking you.
So I still think Bethesda couldn't get the change script to work in an "open" encounter that wasn't scirpted. It would have been nice to see her go full Vamp against Vyrthur

4 hours ago, Kuroyami said:

There is Farkas...or Vikas, which ever of the brothers goes with the player to Dustman's Carin. Or Aela, if you use mods to allow her as an option for that quest. Not sure if they do so as followers after, unless it would only be with something like Moonlight Tales where they would. 

That's a scripted scene, I don't recall either brother changing nor Aela either, changing as followers.
Those mods sound interesting, tho. Might take a look at following the DG storyline again.

Archived