NiOverride Overlay Limitations

Hi,

I was wondering whether someone has already done this or not and if there are any limitations with NiOverride's overlays.

The idea is to apply better cum effects by using SexLab's orgasm event and SlaveTats. This mod already provides several tatoos I could use for this.

However, I did notice that NiOverride.ini comes with a fairly conservative maximum number for overlays, and from what it says in the config, head overlays are prone to crash the game on decapitations. Do you guys know any other limitations that would end up wasting my time doing something like this?

Regards.

Increasing the number is unlikely to increase likelihood of crashing that much, but there's not many mods that take use of those overlay slots. It should be safe to up them to 10 or more, i use 14 for face and body and it's fine. If you have even 1 face overlay the decapitations might still crash it, so disable those killmoves at least.

18 hours ago, Zaflis said:

Increasing the number is unlikely to increase likelihood of crashing that much, but there's not many mods that take use of those overlay slots. It should be safe to up them to 10 or more, i use 14 for face and body and it's fine. If you have even 1 face overlay the decapitations might still crash it, so disable those killmoves at least.

I'd just decided a few days ago after some testing to not persue this any further.

The overlays are better than the effect shaders applied by SexLab, but I would need at least 5 slots per character to provide full support for all body parts (2 for face, 1 for breast, 1 for vaginal, 1 for anal).

Also, further inquire in the subject showed me that by simply enabling face overlays, the chance for crashing upon decaptions exist (even if no face overlay is applied to the character being decapitated).

If anyone is interested in this, please let me know and I might consider doing this as a pro bono mod, although I don't think I'll use it myself as I like having access to combat decapitations.

• 3 months later...
On 12/7/2019 at 9:47 AM, Hawk9969 said:

I'd just decided a few days ago after some testing to not persue this any further.

The overlays are better than the effect shaders applied by SexLab, but I would need at least 5 slots per character to provide full support for all body parts (2 for face, 1 for breast, 1 for vaginal, 1 for anal).

Also, further inquire in the subject showed me that by simply enabling face overlays, the chance for crashing upon decaptions exist (even if no face overlay is applied to the character being decapitated).

If anyone is interested in this, please let me know and I might consider doing this as a pro bono mod, although I don't think I'll use it myself as I like having access to combat decapitations.

I think I would be interested in a mod for that. The only other mod that I have seen that adds more layers of cum is done with a spell, rather than natively so this would be much superior. Thanks!

On 3/23/2020 at 5:41 AM, ymustileaveevidence said:

I think I would be interested in a mod for that. The only other mod that I have seen that adds more layers of cum is done with a spell, rather than natively so this would be much superior. Thanks!

This has been done for a while now, but due to my dissatisfaction with LL I won't be publishing it here (you can check my latest posts to understand the why).

I've tried contacting the original author of the textures and another modder as to publish it in my stead with their mods if they desired to do so, but I've been ghosted by both.

No idea where else I could publish SexLab mods (without pseudo-copyrightism by petty individuals); Whatever, it remains for personal use, I suppose.

Archived