Bugfixes for various mods (SexistGuards, SL Kidnapped Redux)

On 5/8/2020 at 5:52 PM, mushroomcap said:

New edit. I basically overhauled a lot of the mod. Mainly what I did was make it easier to remove/add kidnap scenarios. So you shouldn't have to restart the mod for the kidnap scenarios to show up properly. But I did several other things, as well. Some I can't remember. @IntelligencePending I fixed the MainScript property. The "Property" and "Auto" are supposed to be there, but it didn't work because I'd forgotten to add the property into the quest in the plugin itself. I added it in. I also incorporated your SafetyAmbushActors fix. A couple other changes I did is I made it so you can set a bonus to kidnap chance when you're naked and/or unarmed. I also made it so that if you're in an orgy, and a rescuer shows up, and they're knocked down, they'll stay down (so they don't keep getting up and initiating combat, interrupting the orgy), and if they're the correct gender, they'll start getting raped too. @greenmango12 You were supposed to already be able to set the victim gender, but for some reason it wasn't working. I didn't look too hard into why, but either way, it works now. I also made it so you can set the rescuer gender. It's based on vanilla gender, not SexLab gender, because I don't know how to make it so you can toggle either/or in the quest aliases. I tried. Maybe I'll figure it out later. Also fixed the MCM, and I just generally did some streamlining of the scripts.

SLKR Edit 22.zip 235.22 kB · 21 downloads

I don't know why the MCM menu is empty after I use "Edit 22" (this makes it impossible for me to restart the module after installing "edit22". In fact, "edit21" doesn't have this problem yet)

I don't know if "edit22" has repaired this problem or not: no matter how to use dialogue to designate NPC as a special victim, still can't kidnap her accurately, but kidnap a woman randomly in the whole skyrim, which makes me totally unable to save the beauty of the follower hero.

On 5/28/2020 at 10:58 PM, qdc1268966 said:

I don't know if "edit22" has repaired this problem or not: no matter how to use dialogue to designate NPC as a special victim, still can't kidnap her accurately, but kidnap a woman randomly in the whole skyrim, which makes me totally unable to save the beauty of the follower hero.

I think I had same miss understanding,, 

The dialogue to set Victim work not for quest. but when you kidnapped, they will be kidnapped with you. 

About quest the Victim  seems pefeclty random (but we can set F or M etc,, with MCM about new version)

Then Yes I request same thing..  I hope to decide, who will be kidnapped,, even though it break immersion ^^;

Lets think,, my PC  have many beatufiul followers.. so some one  plan to kidnap PC favorite followers.,,,who you say take care,,,

And I think,,, if dialogue work when PC kidnapped,, ,  there is no problem even though  it work for quest victim.

( it is request,, ^^;)

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2020 at 9:23 PM, greenmango12 said:

I think I had same miss understanding,, 

The dialogue to set Victim work not for quest. but when you kidnapped, they will be kidnapped with you. 

About quest the Victim  seems pefeclty random (but we can set F or M etc,, with MCM about new version)

Then Yes I request same thing..  I hope to decide, who will be kidnapped,, even though it break immersion ^^;

Lets think,, my PC  have many beatufiul followers.. so some one  plan to kidnap PC favorite followers.,,,who you say take care,,,

And I think,,, if dialogue work when PC kidnapped,, ,  there is no problem even though  it work for quest victim.

( it is request,, ^^;)

I agree with you! But I don't know how to do that......Hope someone will make it......

• 4 weeks later...

@mushroomcap I think there is something still screwy with SLKR edit 22 especially in the kidnap scenarios. If the faction grabbing the PC has guards outside the hideout, that's where I've ended up. On top of that, any time the PC is taken to an outside location, that's pretty much triggered and instant dragon attack. I've gone back to edit 21 with @IntelligencePending's fix to test how that runs over long term.

EDIT: And for some reason the MCM doesn't want to work with edit 21. May have to try testing these on entirely new character.

On 5/8/2020 at 11:52 AM, mushroomcap said:

New edit. I basically overhauled a lot of the mod. Mainly what I did was make it easier to remove/add kidnap scenarios. So you shouldn't have to restart the mod for the kidnap scenarios to show up properly. But I did several other things, as well. Some I can't remember. @IntelligencePending I fixed the MainScript property. The "Property" and "Auto" are supposed to be there, but it didn't work because I'd forgotten to add the property into the quest in the plugin itself. I added it in. I also incorporated your SafetyAmbushActors fix. A couple other changes I did is I made it so you can set a bonus to kidnap chance when you're naked and/or unarmed. I also made it so that if you're in an orgy, and a rescuer shows up, and they're knocked down, they'll stay down (so they don't keep getting up and initiating combat, interrupting the orgy), and if they're the correct gender, they'll start getting raped too. @greenmango12 You were supposed to already be able to set the victim gender, but for some reason it wasn't working. I didn't look too hard into why, but either way, it works now. I also made it so you can set the rescuer gender. It's based on vanilla gender, not SexLab gender, because I don't know how to make it so you can toggle either/or in the quest aliases. I tried. Maybe I'll figure it out later. Also fixed the MCM, and I just generally did some streamlining of the scripts.

SLKR Edit 22.zip 235.22 kB · 80 downloads

Thanks a lot for your effort! Are your edits based on the downloadable patches (i.e. do i first have to activate those) or do your edits include those? Sorry if I should have overread that information.

Then first one more question. This should als work for SE right? Or am I just confused. If it should only work for LE anyway, just ignore the next point.

Not meant as criticism, but just FYI. I cannot use version 22 because the MCM menu doesn't show up.

Version 21 triggerst attacks (manually(, but no kidnap is happening for me. Im basically only attacked (and killed) and i get the info that the attacks were doged, even if I don't move or do anything.  I also tried version 20, but there no triggered attacks work (also manually).

Hi thanks for the time you invest fixing the bugs in these mods even if you don't have to. I have some interesting bug with the 21 fix. Kidnap Victims stays naked in their actual positions (their daily routine) waiting for me to the rescue without anyone attacking, that's a win win situation I guess XD

And after "upgrading" to 22 fix the mod simply stop working and the MCM is empty, I guess its only for new games perhaps?

Some of the fixes we need: working specified victim for Rescue Kidnapped Victims Quest, avoid repeated victims for Rescue Kidnapped Victims Quest. Thank you! ?

Excuse me, but...what do we need to install?

This is...nuts. All told there is...

SL Kidnapped Redux 4.1.1 Patch G (Download Section)
SL Kidnapped Redux 4.1.1 Patch I (Download Section)

All of these in the comments section

SLKR Script Edit
SL Kidnapped Redux 4.1.1 Patch A1
SLKR Edit
SLKR Edit 3,6,8,9,11,12,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21
SLKR Fix

I tried this mod an ago and tossed it, very  buggy. Some here suggest it is workable now? But I tried installing EVERYTHING above and game crashes on assault.

What, exactly, do we need? And if there are a lot of those from above, can't they be consolidated into a single file? Have any idea the nightmare installing all of that into Vortex?

I really like the idea behind this mod but have had no luck finding a working version yet.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So here is my problem.

Downloaded installed, clean, ran FNIS, everything great. no warnings.

Scene starts, goes to locale, initial "Quest" started messaging, the moment I move my character, CTD.

Did some looking around, came up with these patches. 

Installed, clean, ran FNIS, no warnings, all good, started new game, kidnapped, sent to new locale, conversation, "Quest" started messaging, CDT.

It appears that it really wants to do this, but it just won't.

Side note, when I dodge the initial fatal blow which would prompt the scene, then engage with the ambushers, if I let them win and kill me - CDT on death as well.

Insight or direction?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Welp,

I thought I would throw my 2 cp in this.  While using only the base mod (4.1.1) and the latest patch fix (22), over time (while checking the mod in the MCM), I noticed that the Exhaustion / Perversion rating eventually reduce themselves to zero.  I started checking when an attack would fade to black and either dump me where I was ambushed, or send me to my fate via Simple Slavery (SD+ and all the fun behind that mod :)  ).

No orgy though, which is why I've been checking over the past couple days.  No matter how many times I re-adjust the settings for Exhaustion / Perversion (Stamina vs Magicka), they always reset to zero.

Juss sayin' ?

• 1 month later...

Thank you anon guest for the Kidnapped Redux fixes - I'm running edit 22 right now on a fresh save and it's now largely functional.

I get the sense that this mod is kind of dead, but for anyone that's looking to take it up again, I'm getting rare instances where my preference to avoid kidnapping if in interiors is ignored and a kidnapping incident will try to trigger in, say, the living area of Jorrvaskr. The attackers don't appear to spawn, my PC just gets knocked out by an invisible ice attack, the knockout event occurs, and the game CTDs. Not too sure what's up with that.

Also - I've run into unwanted instances where children added by The Kids are Alright mod are marked as the main attacker. I think it's because some of them are tagged with the Bandit faction. While they don't participate in the NSFW actions (it's still pretty terrible they're caught up in it), they're marked essential and can't be harmed, effectively rendering the revenge quest impossible to complete. I think I'll remove the kid mod for now. I know my case is niche, but in the future it might be a good idea to exclude any essential NPCs as potential attackers/targets for the revenge quest.

• 9 months later...

Small patch for DD devices for https://www.loverslab.com/topic/133759-bugfixes-for-various-mods-sexistguards-sl-kidnapped-redux/?do=findComment&comment=2995054

1. Added comments to devices in the code.

2. I left only the ropes on legs and arms - handcuffs, armbinders, yokes, etc. I removed the rest.

Now there are two rounds - in one they are chosen either on their hands or on their feet, in the second it is the same.

sl_kidnapped_redux_fix22_patch_DD.7z

Edited by axone_zero
  • 1 year later...

How do you solve the issue of MCM options resetting then not doing anything after the first time? It works well the very first time.

I even tried editing MCM defaults through script but that doesn't really affect anything in the mod. It does show new numbers tho.