Jump to content
IGNORED

My armor keeps getting destroyed.


Recommended Posts

During combat after getting hit, in only for melee attacks this happens that i have seen so far, i get a notification saying that "Your Iron boots have been destroyed" for example its for any piece of armor. This is on modded Skyrim LE with a bunch of mods from here and nexus. I havent intentionally downloaded any mod that adds in armor degradation or something like that idk if this is supposed to happen.

 

Basically i dont what is causing it id be happy to post all the mods that i have.

 

If some who has had this problem please help or if you know a way to work out by accessing logs to see what each mod is doing and figure it out.

 

I have checked things like i would kinda guess would effect it like Defeat, Deadly mutilation and Alternative death.

 

The game is pretty much hardcore with this problem.  

Link to comment
8 minutes ago, Smiley121 said:

During combat after getting hit, in only for melee attacks this happens that i have seen so far, i get a notification saying that "Your Iron boots have been destroyed" for example its for any piece of armor. This is on modded Skyrim LE with a bunch of mods from here and nexus. I havent intentionally downloaded any mod that adds in armor degradation or something like that idk if this is supposed to happen.

 

Basically i dont what is causing it id be happy to post all the mods that i have.

 

If some who has had this problem please help or if you know a way to work out by accessing logs to see what each mod is doing and figure it out.

 

I have checked things like i would kinda guess would effect it like Defeat, Deadly mutilation and Alternative death.

 

The game is pretty much hardcore with this problem.  

Yes, please post your load order.

Link to comment
19 minutes ago, Smiley121 said:

Even for normal combat as well outside of being in the actual dungeon event. And also which options do i have to change to turn it off and where do i find them.

Specifically from the NDUN modpage (armor amortization):

 

This is a sub-function of the previous one (Immortality), therefore it won't work without that one enabled. If the "Armor amortisation" option is checked, then every successful hit by an animal and every unblocked power attack of humanoids (but NOT ranged and magic attacks) can ANNIHILATE a random piece of equipped armor.

WARNING: these items will be gone FOR GOOD, without ANY chance to get them back!

Link to comment

Always someone who is toxic and like to talk down people to place themselves higher cos they know more. Plus non of this is a problem with the mods being installed incorrectly or load order and I did read the mod descriptions before installing i must have assumed that naked dungeons armor degradation only applied to when in the event/dungeon. And instead of criticizing me of not knowing how to post a load order this is supposed to be a help thread so provide some advice instead.

Link to comment

 

2 minutes ago, Psalam said:

Specifically from the NDUN modpage (armor amortization):

 

This is a sub-function of the previous one (Immortality), therefore it won't work without that one enabled. If the "Armor amortisation" option is checked, then every successful hit by an animal and every unblocked power attack of humanoids (but NOT ranged and magic attacks) can ANNIHILATE a random piece of equipped armor.

WARNING: these items will be gone FOR GOOD, without ANY chance to get them back!

Just uncheck armor amortisation and i am good to go. Great thanks for the help Psalam. Armor amortization is no fucking joke that is all i gonna say wouldnt mind it if it wasnt so hardcore in other words one hit deconstruction.

 

But anyways thanks for the help appreciate it.  

Link to comment
6 minutes ago, Smiley121 said:

 

Just uncheck armor amortisation and i am good to go. Great thanks for the help Psalam. Armor amortization is no fucking joke that is all i gonna say wouldnt mind it if it wasnt so hardcore in other words one hit deconstruction.

 

But anyways thanks for the help appreciate it.  

One last thing to Grey Cloud's point. If you don't have LOOT (Load Order Optimisation Tool) get it from GitHub (just Google it). Use it to sort your load order it will save you a lot of grief in the future. Further, when you've loaded up LOOT in the upper right hand corner, on the blue bar, is an icon that looks like three vertical dots or buttons. If you click on it you will be copying your load order to your clipboard. Then, when you need to, you can come back here and paste it (Ctrl+V). It is much simpler than what you did and has some other advantages for the reader as well.

Link to comment
20 minutes ago, Smiley121 said:

Always someone who is toxic and like to talk down people to place themselves higher cos they know more. Plus non of this is a problem with the mods being installed incorrectly or load order and I did read the mod descriptions before installing i must have assumed that naked dungeons armor degradation only applied to when in the event/dungeon. And instead of criticizing me of not knowing how to post a load order this is supposed to be a help thread so provide some advice instead.

Always there is someone who hasn't got the wit to check the MCMs of the mods they have installed and to read or re-read the description pages of the mods they installed but instead post in the tech support section as if it is a technical issue rather than simple user error.

Then when they are criticised, they start labelling people.

 

 

24 minutes ago, Smiley121 said:

Plus non of this is a problem with the mods being installed incorrectly or load order 

No but the next one probably will be, or the one after that or the one after the one after that. Solving this problem will just make room for the next one to appear.

 

Here is some useful advice:

1. Get LOOT and run it on that load order.

2. You have EFF and UFO installed. Choose one - I'd go for EFF. Tip: It is generally never a good idea to have more than one mod doing something.

3. Remove the three Unofficial DLC patches - you have USLEEP so you do not need them (and, yes, I realise they are deactivated).

4. Your version of MNC is either outdated or, if it is the latest version, you did not uninstall the old version correctly. SL Nude Creatures should not be there.

 

You seem to have a lot of animations installed there. I'd be interested to know how many.

 

 

Link to comment
20 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Always there is someone who hasn't got the wit to check the MCMs of the mods they have installed and to read or re-read the description pages of the mods they installed but instead post in the tech support section as if it is a technical issue rather than simple user error.

Then when they are criticised, they start labelling people.

 

 

No but the next one probably will be, or the one after that or the one after the one after that. Solving this problem will just make room for the next one to appear.

 

Here is some useful advice:

1. Get LOOT and run it on that load order.

2. You have EFF and UFO installed. Choose one - I'd go for EFF. Tip: It is generally never a good idea to have more than one mod doing something.

3. Remove the three Unofficial DLC patches - you have USLEEP so you do not need them (and, yes, I realise they are deactivated).

4. Your version of MNC is either outdated or, if it is the latest version, you did not uninstall the old version correctly. SL Nude Creatures should not be there.

 

You seem to have a lot of animations installed there. I'd be interested to know how many.

 

 

Its hard to know in text especially who is being snarky and who isn't but it seems you werent and thats bad on my part. So i am sorry

 

And answering your question about 6-7 animation packs this is checking from inside MCM so it could be more and they just aren't install or activated.

Link to comment
22 minutes ago, Smiley121 said:

So i am sorry

 

And answering your question about 6-7 animation packs this is checking from inside MCM so it could be more and they just aren't install or activated.

No need to apologise.

It's the number of character animations which FNIS gives that is important. I'm just thinking that you may be approaching your limit and may, some time soon, cross that limit. The number of creature animations doesn't matter and the actual number of the character animation limit varies from user to user. Too many animations usually manifests in the game refusing to load rather than anything happening in game.

Link to comment
6 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

No need to apologise.

It's the number of character animations which FNIS gives that is important. I'm just thinking that you may be approaching your limit and may, some time soon, cross that limit. The number of creature animations doesn't matter and the actual number of the character animation limit varies from user to user. Too many animations usually manifests in the game refusing to load rather than anything happening in game.

When you say varies is it dependent on anything really like available ram for example or is it just random. Basically is there a way to guess or determine what that limit is and are there ways to increase that limit.

Link to comment
6 minutes ago, Smiley121 said:

is it dependent on anything

It's one of life's unsolved mysteries. As a very general rule of thumb, anything above 10K and the clock is ticking. ? The latest FNIS gives you a rough percentage figure of the chance of CTD.

Sexlab Framework has its own 500 limit but that calculates things differently than FNIS.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...