Neverwinter Nights

thk1

Has anyone ever noticed a heavy influence from the series Game of Thrones in ADWR? There are a lot of names stolen from the show. Probably more that I don't even know about because I've never read the books. ADWR long predates the TV show so I believe the author was heavily influenced by the books. Book 5 is called A Dance With Dragons. The Kingdom of Dhorn, and the name Stormborn are alluded to by Valine. Plus the mood and tone of the series seems to parallel GoT's setting.

Alot of thing are influenced by A Song of Ice and Fire. Look at Dragon Age:

White Walkers = Darkspawn

Grey Wardens = Knights Watch

Logain Forces = Lanesters

Bann Forces = Starks

Alister = John Snow

Zevren = Faceless Man

Story of Game of Thrones = Two political factions are fighting a war when they should be focusing on the Legion of Monsters slowly invading their land.

Story of Dragon Age: Origins = Two political factions are fighting a war when they should be focusing on the Legion of Monsters slowly invading their land.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just bought and installed NWN for the sole purpose of trying out the ADWR but whenever a sex act occurs, a cloud of black smoke appears around the PC and NPC and I'm unable to see any animations.

Is this the case for every available scene or do I have to turn on something in order to see what's happening?

I've installed both part one and two and the .hak in the correct directories.

I've just bought and installed NWN for the sole purpose of trying out the ADWR but whenever a sex act occurs, a cloud of black smoke appears around the PC and NPC and I'm unable to see any animations.

Is this the case for every available scene or do I have to turn on something in order to see what's happening?

Demonhearts combines the two, but sadly only the prologue is currently available and chapter 1 has been delayed for idk how long.

There are no animations and you'll like it that way. :P

Seriously. I know when I first discovered it, I asked if it was shown. People said no. So I didn't download it. Then I got curious and tried it anyway. I then had a three day masturbation session involving only the game. And ADwR became the game that introduced me entirely to the idea of the written word being just as erotic, if not far more, than any image. So yeah, I can understand it not being your thing, but really, if you can, try to be open about it! In my opinion, it's better with the fade to black. With relying on animations, it's just the animation. Animations can get repetitive. With the fade to black, anything can happen, the writer is completely unrestricted. 

I am greedy and like best of both worlds. :P

Though, I am actually liking NWN more than Oblivion and anything else Bethesda mostly because of the ease of simply dropping a file somewhere without overwriting anything and worrying about installation errors that generally comes with modding.

Compared to Lovers, ADWR is extremely well-written with a lot of story and progression. I am growing to like it, in more ways than one.

Yeah, ADWR is the best of the best. 

It actually got me out of game design, it made it seem as if everything that could be done was done. I'm still afeared of the Aurora toolset, though Gladiatrix I has returned my hope and (maybe) my drive. It's nowhere near as good, but at least it's actually doable for a first game, and II and III (preview) keep getting better. 

Game design is a tricky beast.

• 2 weeks later...

A new version of a Dance with Spies is out, and Demonhearts should be coming any day now!!! I also read on Alako's blog that Gladiatrix 3 beta is out. (but I dont really keep up with Gladiatrix)

EDIT: It was only a testing version of a Dance with Spies that is out, and its pretty buggy :(

Yep, it's a good time to be getting back into NWN. 

I am playing Dance with Spies now.  You're right -- it's still on the buggy side.  There seems to be a bit more content.  More stuff with his wife Kate.  And a side quest or two.  I admit to liking that Laundry quest one.  Or maybe I should say I am embarrassed that I liked it so much.  :)  It did touch a lot of erotic buttons for me.  But yeah, the mod still has it's share of bugs.

Demonheart should be close to being released.  Lamb says she still has a few bugaboos herself that she has to squash with it.  Definitely looking forward to that mod.

Gladiatrix 3 is open to beta testers.  I thought about being one.  But am a bit busy right now.  And it looks like she has enough testers anyway.  So I will just look forward to playing it in depth when it comes out for general release.

Celeritas Eos is still being developed, I guess.  Though haven't seen a lot of updates lately.  Hopefully it will finally be released as well.

I really liked A Dance With Spies. I like the tie ins with ADWR, but my char was TOTALLY different than the one used in this game.

I like the time spent with the wife. I role played it that, while I don't remember her, I still felt a connection, so I was 100% loyal to her.

Funny enough when you get the dream sequence about her cheating, it really hit me hard, I wasn't cheating on her (turned down Tanis) and the possibility of her cheating on me pissed me off. (which is good that the author proved that emotion from me) Note if she does end up cheating on me, that will make for an interesting time. You were loyal (at least I was) and now your done spying, but you end up leaving her. Then you get your memory back and realize you were cheating on her before your accident, meaning your just as bad if not worse than she was? That could make for some good drama.

Lots of possibilities...

Only issue I have is with Tanis, I like how they introduce her, but feels out of character for her to allow you to pimp her to the main thug, and then get knocked up later on in the game AND not know the father...

I think she would have been better if she played the innocent girl who was traumatized from the rape and you can help her get over it, and create a possible romance. So when she offers herself to you later in the game, it means something because it would mean she is trusting a man for the first time since her rape. As is, she is basically a whore who got knocked up by a random stranger and you can sleep with her, just like Sharna, it should be considered disgusting, unless your into whores, then its a non issue. Point being, Sharna is there for the promiscuous female type, Whats missing is the innocent one. Wasted potential I say.

@annika:  Thanks for the info! Been looking forward to playing that one.  I hope I still have that character of mine from the prelude tho..

@XJ347:  I also like Dances with Spies.  Just got through playing the added material.  It does add to the experience.  Though there are still bugs.  I think the author said the Kate thing was fixed, but I still had her vanish from me a time or two when I got teleported at the beginning.  And I still never got that "Sinful Material" quest to fire.

Some spoilers and such below:

This time around, I didn't take Taris with me to Bentancuria. I just left her with the Mayor. I also wanted to stay true to Kate. So I was also surprised at the cheating scene (at least the setup to them) in those dreams. I agree, it did add an emotional element to the story that wasn't there before. Maybe I will play again with Taris and see if that changes anything.

Like I said...I really, really liked the "Laundry Service" sidequest. I just wish there were more..missions. I know, I am warped. :)

I also wish there were more journal entries. There were times I still didn't know what to do and luckily I was able to find out via the walkthrough.

But I think it was a very nice attempt to build a story around the ADWR modules. I thought the modder did a good job with that plot. Just wish it were slightly less buggy and more intuitive at times. Did enjoy the sexual matter though. :)

Really thought it was a good effort by the author.  Hope he continues to work on it.

Finished Demonheart. Wasn't bad, but it felt really short. There's what looks to be an awesome little scene about halfway through in thre wood folk dungeon, but then right when it looks like the player is about to get ... gah, don't wanna spoil what the encounter is... there's a dialogue path that basically goes 'yeah, throw me in there too' and the guy you are with just goes 'naah'. So dissapointing. Would have blown aDwR out of the water if the mod author had let you get in on the 'fun'.

• 4 weeks later...

For those interested the third and final chapter of the Gladiatrix series is finished and released. At the moment I'm posting this everyone's just waiting on the NWN Vault to authorize the submission then it's go time. :D

Edit: It's also available on the Neverwinter Nexus Site if you can't find it on the Vault.

For those interested the third and final chapter of the Gladiatrix series is finished and released. At the moment I'm posting this everyone's just waiting on the NWN Vault to authorize the submission then it's go time. :D

Edit: It's also available on the Neverwinter Nexus Site if you can't find it on the Vault.

Thank you for the Heads up. Have been looking forward to this.

• 3 weeks later...

How to enjoy NWN's Combat System:

Open Console

DebugMode 1

dm_god

DebugMode 0

Enjoy! ;)

In gladiatrix some of the fun in the game comes from losing in combat (and you even get some unwinnable fights). Sadly, though, you have to win some of the combat or it is game over, and this includes some of the tougher fights. (ADwR shares this flaw (or, for some people: "flaw")).

The ending was just painfully tragic, from my point of view, I do not know if there was a way out of that trap (other than refusing to finish). But maybe we need sad stories.

• 2 years later...

*casts Greater Raise Thread*

I'm about to play NWN1 again, and I was wondering if there was any Override or Hakpak that has nice, sexy dresses, like say, ADWR's spellcasting gear that is more... additive, instead of replacing. I don't mind having to use the Customisation Tool and/or the official Toolkit to get some nice stuff, but I do mind the "everyone wears weird jumbled-together stuff" that tends to result if I just straight rip out, say, ACAG106.hak and put it into a module not build around it.

Sorry if my point seems a bit hard to get, my sleep is currently a bit screwed-up and my english suffers from it.

No one remember Bastard of Kosigan?

Great series, even if it had some minor flaws - the author was often confused by the conflicting feedback on the difficulty. My view: He was using insta-enemies which simply appeared out of nowhere too often. For tank builts, that's not too much of a problem. For frail characters who need preparation, that makes a fight awfully hard. 

But I think he never got to finish the series, no?

Archived