Neverwinter Nights

thk1

Looks like there is another addition to the NWN vault that is adult oriented.  It's called "A Dance with Spies" and it looks to be heavily based on Valine's ADwR.  This time you play a male character.  I haven't tried it yet, but I thought I would throw it out there in case others have the time to try this thing out:

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6382

Didn't even know such a game was in the works.   Would rather play a female, but I'm still open to any decent adult mod's using the NWN engine.

Looks like there is another addition to the NWN vault that is adult oriented.  It's called "A Dance with Spies" and it looks to be heavily based on Valine's ADwR.  This time you play a male character.  I haven't tried it yet, but I thought I would throw it out there in case others have the time to try this thing out:

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6382

Didn't even know such a game was in the works.   Would rather play a female, but I'm still open to any decent adult mod's using the NWN engine.

Damn....I would much rather play as female as well, but I am glad to see a spin off of ADwR. Maybe it will inspired more people to do the same. =]

Yes, definitely hope it inspires others to either build upon or add further chapters to ADwR.  Maybe it will eventually wake up Valine to start doing more updates.  Hey, I can dream!  :P

I've played for about 30-45 minutes so far.  There are some bugs (including some debugging logs being displayed - which I guess is fixed in the latest update), but overall I've liked what I have seen so far in it.  There are some grammar/misspellings but those sort of things don't really bother me.  Especially if the story and gameplay is good.  And so far, I've had no complaints in that department.  Hopefully I'll be able to play it a bit more soon.  And given there is a big snow storm due to hit us later on this week, I probably will have some time to play while I'm being snowed in!

A Dance with Spies appears to be very promising module. Some bugs and such are there, but still, I like it so far. :)

I DL'd it and it feels very much like a rough draft or a beta module so far. I've played for the first hour, and already got sex once. But I'm now stuck because the NPC I'm supposed to meet isn't there. Atleast I think I'm supposed to meet him, because the Journal is very vague and incomplete.  It seems to be getting a lot of comments from other people getting frustrated and stuck as well.  I was also going around picking locks and stealing things in plain sight of guards with no consequence, Not meant as a knock to the creator, and I appreciate someone doing a fan fic off ADWR, but people are going to go into it with high expectations with ADWR's name attached to it. ADWS needs scripting work. This thing is failing to deliver for me, and think I'll give it a few months to be fleshed out some more before trying it again.

Quick note:  I've been playing 'A Dance with Spies' and it's definitely got potential.  I don't know about everyone else but the main character seemed... 'cuckolded'?  Like, I know that no one messed around with his wife in front of him or anything but uhh... I dunno, I guess the character seemed a little 'disturbingly voyeuristic' as opposed to 'perverted'... which still sounds weird.  Not sure how else to explain it though :/

Anyway, it looks like there's going to be a lot more updates down the line so keep your eyes peeled!

I also like the potential.  But honestly, the module is a bit rough though.   It's almost as if it was released and was never playtested before.  And basically we're the playtesters. :P  And just speaking for myself, I wish there were more journal entries.  Many times I am saying, "ok, what do I do *NOW*!?:"  A few more hints would be nice.  Especially when a mission is over and you have downtime.  I'm halfway afraid of exploring around for fear I will break a future questline.

I hope it doesn't sound like I am trashing it.  I'm not at all.  This is better than I could have expected when I started playing.  It has a great deal of potential -- especially for future chapters.  A very fine effort by the author.  I just wish it was a little more bug-free.  And have a few more hints for lil' ol' me on what to do next.

Quick note:  I've been playing 'A Dance with Spies' and it's definitely got potential.  I don't know about everyone else but the main character seemed... 'cuckolded'?  Like, I know that no one messed around with his wife in front of him or anything but uhh... I dunno, I guess the character seemed a little 'disturbingly voyeuristic' as opposed to 'perverted'... which still sounds weird.  Not sure how else to explain it though :/

Anyway, it looks like there's going to be a lot more updates down the line so keep your eyes peeled!

Well, out of curiosity, what is the action that goes on in it? Is the character one who rapes? Does he get raped? Just initiating consensual sex? Just sees someone else raping someone else? Yes I could just download and play it... but where is the fun in that? :P

@Nonsense:  Have only played about halfway through it myself so far.  Am enjoying it despite the numerous little bugs that pop up here and there.  Here's the sexual content I remember seeing thus far in it. Spoilers be appearin' below:

Ok, I haven't found too many NC scenes yet.  You can whore out your companions to bandits.  Though due to some sort of faction issue I couldn't do it.  They were all hostile and just had to kill them instead.  Pity.   :P  Which is why I wish I could play a female.  So I could submissively go ahead and please someone myself to move forward.  Or even a bi guy do it.  Anyway, there is also a scene where the PC comes home to find his wife having sex with another woman.  He can either join in or watch or leave.  In another scene when you go and look for bandits, you can sneak into a house and witness a rape taking place.  Haven't seen a scene where the PC gets raped or attempted rape.  One of your companions (Kane) supposedly likes guys.  But haven't been propositioned by him as of yet.  Don't know if that ever takes place.

That's what I've seen so far.  Like I said I haven't played through the entire thing yet.

I tried A Dance With Spies and have a hard time getting into it... for obvious reasons. It has potential though, so hopefully he continues updating it. I might give it another shot once he's had time to flesh it out a bit more. I'm anxiously awaiting Gladiatrix III. :D

I just got Demonheart Prelude and am going to try it out soon. It looks really interesting. Some sad news, Gladiatrix III had a major setback, FallenRayne's system crashed and corrupted her work. She posted about it on her blog, so it's been pushed back well into April she thinks. :"( Makes me a sad panda, but I'm still really looking forward to it.

There seems to be a lot of foreshadowing for a cuckold subplot, but so far nothing comes of it really. I really hope they do more with this down the line (don't judge me  :P)

[spoiler=Here are some of the major hints Ive seen (spoilers below)]-If you fail your disipline check after sleeping with your wife the first night and cum early, she seems amused by this and says "its not like it hasn't happened before" as if her husband has a history of poor sex skills, she also wipes the cum on you.

-The cocksucking in the cult and the gay prosititutes. Not a nod to cuckolding alone but can help support it.

-One of your companions is a large black man named Bull. 'Nuff said.

-Kate comes to bed drunk one night and claims your cock as her property.

-You walk in on Kate and Sharna doing it. This is a lesbian scene, so its not really part of the cuckold fetish, but it does support Kate's unfaithfulness.

-If you join in the scene with Kate and Sharna, they feed you your own cum.

-When Sharna goes on her date with Imoen, Kate is very interested in getting to know her when she thinks she is a man, and is a bit disappointed when she is not. When she tells you to bring them back she slips and says "bring them back to me... erm..us" She also says several things thick with innuendo when describing how she will help guide Imoen and Sharna as a mentor in their relationship.

-Imoen teases you and attacks your manhood a little during her date with Sharna, talking about how Sharna saved you from drowning.

I may be forgetting a few things, I am also just starting chapter 5 so I haven't seen it all yet. I'm kinda dis-motivated to go on now that Kate is out of the picture for the rest of the mod. I was really looking forward to her dominating the main character with her suitors....

oh well, I think there is more than enough evidence here to support the authors plans for this content.

Okay, I tried out the DemonHeart Prelude and am very interested. I got to the end and was like "Nooo! It's over, already?" but that's a good thing too since it makes me want more. Can't wait for the rest of this story. :P

Isn't it great?

This thing has some very real potential to be up there with ADWR I think, if she plays her cards right.

Just feel lucky that part one is due out this month. The darn prelude came out like 6 months ago, granted I only played it a few weeks back myself.

I think its a good mod to try out an innocent character turning evil. [spoiler=spoiler]My character was as goody goody as possible right up until the point where her betrothed visits her cell and tells her he's abandoning her. Its a really good alignment switch point I think because after that she sits in that cell and stews for weeks if not months and it gives you a nice "what went in didn't come out the same scenario." She carries a bitter hatred for the weak, and an attitude that scruples are a waste of time

Yeah, I played through the Demonheart prelude and liked it a lot.  I was also saying, "Dang, it's over already!?"   I also tried to play it as innocently as possible.  It's pretty much the way I'd play ADwR.  Being all innocent and a bit gullible and then all sorts of stuff would happen to me because of it.  Definitely looking forward to it's final release date.

Celeritas Eos is supposedly very close to being released as well.  It also looks most promising.

I still haven't finished playing through Dances with Spies yet.  So I haven't experienced everything that could happen to me yet.  But thanks for the info, MisterH!  Am looking forward to experiencing all those things. :)

Does anyone have an idea how much adult (as in, erotic <_<) content Celeritas Eos will have? Judging from what I've seen, it will almost certainly be a great module from a normal NWN mod perspective, but whether it will be ADwR-like in that respect seems less definite.

Does anyone have an idea how much adult (as in, erotic <_<) content Celeritas Eos will have? Judging from what I've seen, it will almost certainly be a great module from a normal NWN mod perspective, but whether it will be ADwR-like in that respect seems less definite.

I don't think the actual mod is out yet, just the hakacks. (Tell me if I m wrong) So I am not sure how chock full of adult content it will be. Though I am hopeful!

• 1 month later...

ADWR is awesome in every aspect, but just too dark for me.

Interesting, I would consider ADWR dark but it's not grimdark. You can escape all the sexual stuff if played right, other than the initial rape and lezbo scene.

What ever floats your boat I guess.

I don't mind sex stuff, and the game world as a whole is not that dark. But story is just one loss after another. Each time you think things are going up, it's taken away from you. I can't feel anything I do is worth doing - it just gives me some exp and loot, and brings next tragedy closer.

I still played both parts to the end, but it's hard replaying it knowing what will be happen next. Which is a shame, because, as I said, every aspect of module is nearly perfect, and it's worth replaying game with different character builds.

Has anyone ever noticed a heavy influence from the series Game of Thrones in ADWR? There are a lot of names stolen from the show. Probably more that I don't even know about because I've never read the books. ADWR long predates the TV show so I believe the author was heavily influenced by the books. Book 5 is called A Dance With Dragons. The Kingdom of Dhorn, and the name Stormborn are alluded to by Valine. Plus the mood and tone of the series seems to parallel GoT's setting.

Archived