IGNORED

Game not launching after adding SexLab

I am brand new to modding skyrim but been using Lovers Lab for a while for CK2 and also The Sims 4

However... Not gonna lie, I have been having trouble with modding Skyrim

I watched a bunch of videos on how to install SkyUi, FNIS, how to use Mod Organizer 2 and so on and so forth. And, as I was testing to see if the game was still working through the process of adding new mods, everything seemed to be going perfectly

However, as soon as I added SexLab, SKSE doesn't launch the game anymore. 

And I I know that I properly installed the mod, because FNIS recognizes my files sinceI can see the line "Reading SexLab" in it. 

I only have the base recommended stuff on the main SexLab page and something is going wrong. 

I removed the mod files and put it back in afterwards but it still doesn't work, I tried to redo the whole process twice and even then, it doesn't work.

Does anyone have an idea of what might be going on?

2 minutes ago, vinpap said:

I am brand new to modding skyrim but been using Lovers Lab for a while for CK2 and also The Sims 4

However... Not gonna lie, I have been having trouble with modding Skyrim

I watched a bunch of videos on how to install SkyUi, FNIS, how to use Mod Organizer 2 and so on and so forth. And, as I was testing to see if the game was still working through the process of adding new mods, everything seemed to be going perfectly

However, as soon as I added SexLab, SKSE doesn't launch the game anymore. 

And I I know that I properly installed the mod, because FNIS recognizes my files sinceI can see the line "Reading SexLab" in it. 

I only have the base recommended stuff on the main SexLab page and something is going wrong. 

I removed the mod files and put it back in afterwards but it still doesn't work, I tried to redo the whole process twice and even then, it doesn't work.

Does anyone have an idea of what might be going on?

When you say "doesn't launch the game anymore" what specifically are you saying? You hit the SKSE button and nothing happens OR it looks like it's going to start but doesn't?

Do you have the basic stabilty tools?

Many tools have been developed to help stabilize and improve the modded Skyrim experience. In my opinion, among the most important are:

1) Crash fixes. Found here and fairly self-explanatory (as always, do read the directions):

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72725

2) ENBoost. This one is more difficult and I hope to do a walkthrough at some point in the future. It is VERY important if you have less than 4GB of VRAM. If you have 8GB or more you probably don't need it. At 4GB it's your call (I have 4GB and I use it). Anyway, you will need to look in more than one place in order to complete this (although it will take you through it). Start here:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73618

As if ENBoost is not difficult enough MicroSoft has chosen to throw some additional glitches in for users of Windows 10. If you have problems getting ENBoost to work and you run Windows 10 take a look at this (I had to):

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3089504-fix-for-skyrim-crashing-instantly-with-enb-on-windows-10/?p=56131491

3) SKSE. ini. The SKSE program does not come with this. As a result you do not get all the benefits of SKSE. While you can make your own version this one is already complete and optimized.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51038?tab=files

4) SKSE plugin preloader. Helps organize SKSE so as to improve management.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/75795

5) Bethini. Skyrim's .ini files give it directions on how to handle your game. Problems with .ini files can cause all sorts of problems. While it is entirely possible to deal with these files by yourself Bethini gives you a tool with which to handle them safely. It is also much more intuitive than editing the files by yourself. It can be found here:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69787

I apologize if that looks odd since I just copied it out of my blog.

How many animations are you trying to load when you load Skyrim? You can get this information from running FNIS.

Finally, are you absolutely positive that you have all the requirements for SexLab (and your other mods)?

1 minute ago, Psalam said:

When you say "doesn't launch the game anymore" what specifically are you saying? You hit the SKSE button and nothing happens OR it looks like it's going to start but doesn't?

How many animations are you trying to load when you load Skyrim? You can get this information from running FNIS.

Finally, are you absolutely positive that you have all the requirements for SexLab (and your other mods)?

I get a black window, which I used to have normally before the game just started. Then, it disappears, I stay on MO2 while it says "MO2 is locked while the program is being executed" and after 3-5 seconds it disappears, I am back on MO2 and nothing launched at all.

When I run FNIS, I get this right here

Reading FNISBase V7.5 ...     ChAnims:0     CTD:0,0%     pOpt:0,0%
Reading FNISCreatureVersion V6.1 ...     ChAnims:0     CTD:0,0%     pOpt:0,0%
Reading FNISSpells V5.0.1 ...     ChAnims:94     CTD:0,6%     pOpt:0,0%
        NOTE: FNISSpells uses outdated behavior file (may invalidate CTD Load calculation)
Reading SexLab V1.62 ...     ChAnims:1025     CTD:6,5%     pOpt:1,7%
Reading SexLabCreature V1.61 ...     ChAnims:178     CTD:1,2%     pOpt:0,3%
Reading XPMSE V7.2 ...     ChAnims:164(164)     CTD:2,2%     pOpt:0,0%

All Anim Lists scanned. Generating Behavior Files....
Alternate Animation mods: 1 sets: 16 total groups: 30 added file slots: 170 alternate files: 164

Create Creature Behaviors ...
Reading SexLabCreature V1.62 ...

1461 animations for 6 mods successfully included (character).
ChAnims: 1461  CTD:11,4%  pOpt:2,1%  max: 12844  LC: 2976 (max. 26162)

322 animations for 1 mods and 18 creatures successfully included..

And yes, I have made sure to download all the mods from the SexLab page and any mods that are required for these mods. I did however encounter some issues with SkyUi and FNIS because the links on the main page don't go anywhere, it says the mods have been deleted

However, I do also encounter the issue that the mods (which again, are the mods from the "requirement" section of the  SexLab page) all tell me that they are intended for another game. I am in Skyrim Special Edition and made sure of it already, but whatever I do, they always tell me that I'm in the wrong game.

4 minutes ago, vinpap said:

I am in Skyrim Special Edition and made sure of it already, but whatever I do, they always tell me that I'm in the wrong game.

If you are running Skyrim Special Edition (SSE or SE) then you need to make sure that all the mods you download and install are for, or compatible with, SSE and not Skyrim Legendary Edition (LE).

37 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

If you are running Skyrim Special Edition (SSE or SE) then you need to make sure that all the mods you download and install are for, or compatible with, SSE and not Skyrim Legendary Edition (LE).

I went on the Nexus just to be sure that I indeed downloaded the proper mods for the proper game and... Yup. They are the mods for SE and they appear as "downloaded" on the nexus website, so that's not the issue here for it to tell me that.

And I made sure that the game in my game files was indeed the Special Edition and it absolutely is

16 minutes ago, vinpap said:

I went on the Nexus just to be sure that I indeed downloaded the proper mods for the proper game and... Yup. They are the mods for SE and they appear as "downloaded" on the nexus website, so that's not the issue here for it to tell me that.

And I made sure that the game in my game files was indeed the Special Edition and it absolutely is

You didn't get SexLab Framework or any of its dependencies from Nexus, did you?

1 hour ago, vinpap said:

Reading SexLab V1.62 ...     ChAnims:1025     CTD:6,5%     pOpt:1,7%

SSE uses v1.63

turn on the "HKX file compatibility check" in FNIS, i think you have the wrong mods installed.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/91861-sexlab-framework-se-163-beta-7-june-17th-2019/#comments

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3524-sexlab-more-nasty-critters-install-guide/

I have understood my mistake. I chose the SexLab mod for Skyrim and not Skyrim SE.

Since it's the Skyrim version, it links me to none SE mods which aren't compatible with the game. 

Thanks for the support from everybody, I'm just an idiot

• 1 month later...