Creating a private, modded 18+ Skyrim Together RP server.

Hey guys! So, since I haven't yet seen a definitive post in the forums concerning starting a Skyrim Together server using SexLab, I figured I might as well take a crack at it and be the first to do so. The server will have a variety of erotic gameplay features with SexLab of course, but I also want to include a fair amount of other things to do in the game world as well. My goal for the server is to ultimately make it as immersive and engaging as possible, and essentially make it "a place to be", if that makes sense. I intend to do this in several ways.

NSFW Gameplay

Since there's quite a variety of mods on LoversLab that cater to many erotic tastes, I want to cover as many bases as possible. I currently plan for players to be able to have sex, have sexual relationships, become pregnant or impregnate, start a family, engage in prostitution, and more. I'm also open to any suggestions anyone might have.

Roleplay

As I mentioned, I want the game world to be "a place to be", and make it feel as alive as it possibly can. I think a great way to do this is to have players feel like they're a part of it through roleplay. Whether you want to play as a noble warrior, a wandering rogue, a scholarly mage, or anything in-between, be whoever you want to be.

Survival Gameplay

I want this category to be as expansive as possible, and let players have the ability to "live their character". We'll need to eat, drink, sleep, bathe, watch out for disease, as well as mend our wounds when injured and repair our equipment.

Better RPG Gameplay

I'll be throwing in several mods to help make Skyrim more of the RPG it should have originally been. Build a more elaborate character with Ordinator and expand further with uncapped skills, have a few more options in playable races, claim a home for yourself or a group with the many player homes across the map, encounter an enemy roster increased in both variety and numbers, and more.

Loads of More Gear and Loot

The amount of loot and equipment found in the game world will be expanded upon tenfold, and wrapped all up together with Wrye Bash and integrated into the leveled lists. I've included as many weapon and armor packs as I could find, and even converted several from Oldrim. With all of the gear I've added, the amount of equipment we can find is over a thousand individual items.

Mod List: http://listmoz.com/view/cWFFSpLpfyzKj7rD6

I've also started a new Discord server that has all the info needed to get this content installed and running, as well as a place for everyone to chat and hang out, of course. So, with all of that said and done, feel free to either drop a reply or send me a DM if you're interested in joining up, and I'll shoot a Discord invite to you!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, just stopping by to ask if this has been tried yet, because you'd think by now that people testing Sexlab mods and stuff in Skyrim Together would've BEEN happened. (But I DID hear a long time ago that back when Tamriel Online was being used, that the mods worked there, so if they worked there then I have almost NO doubt in my mind that it should work here, but it'd be nice to get that confirmation.)

@NFFG226 Well the OP has supposedly not been online since last wednesday and you posted about an hour after he logged. So he probably hasn't seen any of this yet. But I agree, if you're going to present an idea like this, you should be more present to receive more players. I'm just curious how some of the lewd mods work on the servers, how they interact with other players and such.

12 hours ago, Synlaine said:

@NFFG226 Well the OP has supposedly not been online since last wednesday and you posted about an hour after he logged. So he probably hasn't seen any of this yet. But I agree, if you're going to present an idea like this, you should be more present to receive more players. I'm just curious how some of the lewd mods work on the servers, how they interact with other players and such.

Oh, I meant that generally, not singling this out. There's been like very minimal threads about the mod altogether, let alone the mod working with Sexlab or not, and this is my main question, the compatibility of it with Sexlab.

@chorin I believe the mods only affect you client-side. Basically you can play on the server without the mods but anything the mods do on the other players games either won't work or display correctly on yours. 

Example. If we were playing together and I had an armor mod and you didn't we could still play together. However if I used any armor in the armor mod it wouldn't look right on your end. I might be nude or discolored or something.

Hey guys, apologies that I haven't checked on this post lately. I've gotten a small group together so far, and we're still open to having a few more players. We have a method of getting new players the same exact mod setup pretty easily as well, via a program called Syncthing, and 99% of the mods we're using are tested and working with Skyrim Together. Unfortunately however for SexLab, as far as initiating sex between players goes, it's incredibly finicky at the moment, so we've resorted to having sexual interaction between players through roleplay for now. This could possibly be fixed in the future with updates and patches from the Skyrim Together team, though. Or maybe someone will find a way to create a compatibility mod between ST and SexLab, who knows :P .

Anywho, if anyone's still interested in joining up with us, feel free to let me know!

@cyanogen111 @Roguelike89 Most mod managers include a profile system where you can enable/disable mods without losing them. Also to my understanding you dont need the exact same mods to play together it's just some things may not render right or work at all on either end. 

Example if you don't have the armor mod I'm using I could appear naked or discolored to you or even invisible but we could still game together. 

The multiplayer isn't TRUE multiplayer. True multiplayer is when all characters exist in the same world. This would require everyone to run the exact same mods or you couldn't play together. We have simulated multiplayer where we are each in our own worlds but our friends are basically npcs that mimic the actions performed in the other players worlds and vice versa. This allows you to run multiplayer without requiring the same mods.

An example to demonstrate this. Say I'm using a sexlab animation you don't have. Well my character is probably going to t pose and moan in your world however in my world everything will function normally. The animation will play properly. Starbound does this simulated multiplayer as well lol

P.s. rogue have you created a mod pack for us yet for ease of access?

10 hours ago, Synlaine said:

@cyanogen111 @Roguelike89 Most mod managers include a profile system where you can enable/disable mods without losing them. Also to my understanding you dont need the exact same mods to play together it's just some things may not render right or work at all on either end. 

Example if you don't have the armor mod I'm using I could appear naked or discolored to you or even invisible but we could still game together. 

The multiplayer isn't TRUE multiplayer. True multiplayer is when all characters exist in the same world. This would require everyone to run the exact same mods or you couldn't play together. We have simulated multiplayer where we are each in our own worlds but our friends are basically npcs that mimic the actions performed in the other players worlds and vice versa. This allows you to run multiplayer without requiring the same mods.

An example to demonstrate this. Say I'm using a sexlab animation you don't have. Well my character is probably going to t pose and moan in your world however in my world everything will function normally. The animation will play properly. Starbound does this simulated multiplayer as well lol

P.s. rogue have you created a mod pack for us yet for ease of access?

This simulated multiplayer actually can be a lot better than most if that's the case, because mod support is easier, unlike that of official multiplayer. There's a multiplayer mod in the works for The Sims 4 for example, and that will support mods. (There's another Multiplayer mod that exists too, and I'm surprised it isn't being spoken much of too/either.)

If The Sims 4 released as it planned to before the big SimCity online-only backlash, we either could or couldn't have mods, but if we could, they wouldn't work as well as if they were utilized over a multiplayer mod like the up and coming SimSync.

Multiplayer Mods (or "Simulated Multiplayer") is the best kind of multiplayer if we aim to have mod support IN multiplayer as well, I believe, hearing it like that. This wasn't really relevant to say but, this is the best way to phrase something I've thought/wondered about for a long time now.