Atelier Ryza - Ever Darkness and the Secret Hideout

3 hours ago, woofhat said:

Your idea is bold, I never thought of modifying the bones, I think you have studied the g1m files and g1mtools much deeper than I have.

For me, the purpose of getting the skeleton is to adjust the weights, that's all. Because the weights obtained by the transferring weights are not perfect, the detailed parts need to be adjusted. Without the skeleton, the adjustment would be very difficult.

The character animations are based on the skeleton, so modifying the skeleton must also ensure that all the animations work, I didn't try to do that, it would require too much work and there's no point. Unless you want to change the game to be like Skyrim.

If you want to modify or merge the bone structure, you obviously need to modify the g1m file directly, because g1m_import doesn't have that function. Of course I didn't try to do that.

If you are talking about converting fbx to g1m using fbx2g1m, I have not used this tool.

That's it in a nutshell, I'm not doing as well as you. Why do you need to modify the skeleton though?

What g1mtools can do 3DMigoto can certainly do, it's just a matter of personal preference. If a comparison has to be made, I think there are several points.

1) g1mtools can get skeleton, 3DMigoto can't dump skeleton.
2) 3DMigoto will take up extra memory and may cause instability in the game, especially if a lot of models are modified at the same time. And it may conflict with other plugins such as reshade, enb, etc. g1mtools does not have this problem, because it modifies the source file.
3) 3DMigoto can change clothes by shortcut keys, g1mtools can't do that.

Of course, you can also use g1mtools and 3DMigoto at the same time, the two do not conflict.

By the way, I would like to take the liberty to ask if you are interested in looking into how to solve the 4D mesh problem.

I think you should have noticed that some of the VB/IB files unpacked using g1m_export are not readable by blender, mainly the hair and clothing parts, the positions of these files are 4D(x,y,z,w) data, not the usual 3D(x,y,z) data, so the generic blender_ 3dmigoto.py plugin does not recognize them.
Maybe someone has already made a plugin that can read 4D mesh properly, but I didn't find it.
The only plugin I found was this one.
https://www.loverslab.com/topic/178718-fatal-frame-maiden-of-the-black-water-nude-mods/?do=findComment&comment=3746272

Unfortunately it reads 4D mesh, but the shape and position is not correct.
If I use noesis and g1m2fbx, the fbx model I get, the shape and position is also wrong.

I tried to solve this problem, but unfortunately I am not familiar with python at all.
Maybe your brilliance can help me and other modders.?

Ok, I keep changing my mind.  I analyzed Moderchan's mod a little further, and he changed a shader on mesh 13 and a "material" attribute on mesh 19.  That cannot be done with 3DMigoto.  (You can see and alter this using the XML tool.)

I did not solve the 4D problem, but I found the same workaround which allows for importing 4D models without problems.  Here is the script I'm using.  It is equivalent to the one you found, except it also has my updates that allow using the newest versions of Blender (I am currently using 3.3.1 LTS, works great).

blender_3dmigoto.py

The current version of Project G1M for Noesis does correctly read 4D structures, by the way.  So the correct transformation algorithm is hiding in the code somewhere.  However, the author of g1m tools says that g1m tools ignores the necessary data needed to transform "4D" to the proper coordinates when extracting models (see here), so I don't think that it is possible to fix the Blender script because the necessary transformation data is missing.  You can export from Noesis into FBX and the 4D structures have been correctly exported, but we can't get it back into the game as far as I know.  So to my current knowledge, we cannot alter meshes with complex physics.  (Edit: DarkStarSword did write a script for Blender, it doesn't seem to be complete though.)

I do think we can alter the skeleton-mesh mapping, but i think it will take some careful experimenting.  If I can solve this, weight transfer will be better for sure, since we can add weight groups to a mesh that do not have the weights we want.  Edit: I tried adding some bones, and the game crashes.  I don't know why.  I am making very little progress.

Edited by amorrow28
5 hours ago, amorrow28 said:

Thank you, but I wish that were the case. This has been very difficult to learn, and I think in the end I didn't do anything I couldn't have done with 3DMigoto. I thought I had combined the meshs for 4 and 9, but when I look at the xml after rebuilding the g1m file, it shows that I have not changed the bone structure of mesh 9 (it's still using the bone map of 9 alone).  Any time I try to change the bone structure, the game rejects my changes.  As of right now, I am stuck using the bones that already exist in a submesh (which is the same as 3DMigoto anyway).

Also, I've had zero success working with the skeleton, and I haven't found any tutorials (if you know of any, I would appreciate it). I can get the skeleton into Blender just fine, and even parent it so assign weights, but then I have no success getting that mesh back into the game. Blender assigns too many groups, and when I limit and normalize the groups I can save the mesh but its distorted and all the mappings are incorrect (probably the same problem as above). Ideally, we should be able to turn fbx back to g1m, there is even a tool for it, but I cannot get it to work as it says I am missing an animation stack.

If I could at least map the bone names easily to the OIDs, I could track them across the meshes and see where things are changing, but g1m_export ignores binary OID files.  I converted them into text, so I can get the bone names into Blender (mostly), but I have no idea if the names are matching correctly when I export.

Anyway, as you can see, I am stuck.  If you have any tutorials or insights on how to change the bones around, I would appreciate it!

Also, I looked again at Moderchan's nude mod while trying to fix soelily's mesh, and realized that the skeleton came from the divertimento embrace costume.  I thought that he had been able to fundamentally alter the structure of the costume, but I was incorrect; I think it can be converted to 3DMigoto now.  I was just comparing to the wrong costume.  I just might try this, I would really like to be able to instantly turn off the mods...  I really do not see any downsides (yet), other than the time it will take to find and change so many meshes - perhaps something that python can speed up.

As for bone names, use of g1mtools attached in below comment may help you.
https://www.loverslab.com/topic/183390-atelier-sophie-2-the-alchemist-of-the-mysterious-dream-mods/?do=findComment&comment=3747017

1 hour ago, fiore99 said:

Thank you.  @woofhat actually did share those tools with me a few weeks ago (here), I have used them exclusively.  As the poster states, the tool as currently written calls every bone "External Bone."  What I did was removed the structure bytes from the binary oid file so that g1m2fbx can read the bone names.

1801058930_2022-10-1721_27_09-Blender.png.ca4af5c330e2353f092ed7bad0a5fb07.png

I had discussed this in a previous post, but I did not actually share the files because I have not yet found any use for this.  But here are the files:

PC00A_MODEL.oid

PC00A_MODEL.fbx

The FBX is the skeleton specific to Favorite Outfit (pc00a) and Summer Adventure (pc00h).   The OID file has all the bones, so it works for other skeletons for Ryza.  I have tried it with Divertimento Embrace (pc00d, which has extra bones), and those are also properly named when you convert to FBX with the file in the directory (rename OID file to match the skeleton name).

I have also successfully added bones using the bone tool using proper names (for example SWING500_Hair002 is not in pc00a but is in pc00d), but until I can add a bone to an individual mesh, adding to or modifying the skeleton is not useful.

For modifying weight paint as woofhat discussed, however, these files might be useful.  I could see how knowing the bone names will make finding the relevant bones to be easier.  Having the names also makes it easier to know which bones are for physics (SWING bones) etc.  One barrier, however, is that g1m_export does not seem to know how to use the bone names if the skeleton is external.  This is a problem I could probably solve if I had access to the source code or if there was more documentation.  Sadly, neither seems likely any time soon.

5 hours ago, amorrow28 said:

Ok, I keep changing my mind.  I analyzed Moderchan's mod a little further, and he changed a shader on mesh 13 and a "material" attribute on mesh 19.  That cannot be done with 3DMigoto.  (You can see and alter this using the XML tool.)

I did not solve the 4D problem, but I found the same workaround which allows for importing 4D models without problems.  Here is the script I'm using.  It is equivalent to the one you found, except it also has my updates that allow using the newest versions of Blender (I am currently using 3.3.1 LTS, works great).

blender_3dmigoto.py 72.49 kB · 3 downloads

The current version of Project G1M for Noesis does correctly read 4D structures, by the way.  So the correct transformation algorithm is hiding in the code somewhere.  However, the author of g1m tools says that g1m tools ignores the necessary data needed to transform "4D" to the proper coordinates when extracting models (see here), so I don't think that it is possible to fix the Blender script because the necessary transformation data is missing.  You can export from Noesis into FBX and the 4D structures have been correctly exported, but we can't get it back into the game as far as I know.  So to my current knowledge, we cannot alter meshes with complex physics.  (Edit: DarkStarSword did write a script for Blender, it doesn't seem to be complete though.)

I do think we can alter the skeleton-mesh mapping, but i think it will take some careful experimenting.  If I can solve this, weight transfer will be better for sure, since we can add weight groups to a mesh that do not have the weights we want.  Edit: I tried adding some bones, and the game crashes.  I don't know why.  I am making very little progress.

Yes, g1mtools can change "material" but 3DMigoto cannot. To be precise, it should be the "material" parameter, the real "material" configuration attribute is not in the g1m file, it should be somewhere else.

I tried the latest Project G1M here , but the 4d mesh is not read by Noesis.?
Here is the test model I randomly chose (just the original model of Atelier Ryza 2).PC20F_MODEL_default.g1m

Also, I don't think g1mtools modifies or ignores 4D data, and it shouldn't bother to do that, it just reads out the corresponding VB/IB data segments.
With this tool you can see that all the 4D data is there. So I think the problem is still with the blender script, it is not interpreting the 4D data correctly.

Even if you add bones successfully, I don't see what's the point. After adding the bones and modifying the weights, you still have to modify or add the corresponding animation files to make it work.
But anyway, I'd like to see you succeed.

16 hours ago, amorrow28 said:

I look forward to trying out your final mod!  ?

I seem to have run into an issue where the game crashes upon load up when I compile the edits into a new elixir, could you try compile them yourself since your elixir loaded fine?
Here's the meshes:Meshes.rar

Changes:

Spoiler

4 and 5: I've fixed up the UV mapping for.

8 and 9: I assume I've managed to fix the seam problem, it's hard to tell since I can't test it ingame.

10: Had a duplicate neck that I removed. if that's an issue, just use the one you already had.

I'm not sure what the issue is primarily, but I noticed the filesizes of the meshes go down drastically when I export them, I primarily use Blender for everything

12 hours ago, woofhat said:

Yes, g1mtools can change "material" but 3DMigoto cannot. To be precise, it should be the "material" parameter, the real "material" configuration attribute is not in the g1m file, it should be somewhere else.

I tried the latest Project G1M here , but the 4d mesh is not read by Noesis.?
Here is the test model I randomly chose (just the original model of Atelier Ryza 2).PC20F_MODEL_default.g1m

Also, I don't think g1mtools modifies or ignores 4D data, and it shouldn't bother to do that, it just reads out the corresponding VB/IB data segments.
With this tool you can see that all the 4D data is there. So I think the problem is still with the blender script, it is not interpreting the 4D data correctly.

Even if you add bones successfully, I don't see what's the point. After adding the bones and modifying the weights, you still have to modify or add the corresponding animation files to make it work.
But anyway, I'd like to see you succeed.

Acutally Project G1M can read 4D meshes properly, but you need to have the skeleton available.  The model you provided did not have the skeleton, so the 4D mesh (hair strand) is missing.  Adding the skeleton (PC20F_MODEL.g1m) allows the 4D mesh to appear.

771677396_2022-10-1813_15_39-_Untitled-paint_net4.3_12.png.7764826aba4d2bfb7f100a4fa933f733.png

Be sure to turn on Tools (Menu) -> Project G1M -> Merge all assets in the same folder and Enable NUN autorig.  Here is another example - Klaudia's skirt in Ryza 1, a mesh I want to edit but cannot:

Spoiler

108044771_2022-10-1813_21_57-_Untitled-paint_net4.3_12.png.498e17e940e3bf518daa7104b446fe54.png

I do not fully understand 4D meshes, but after staring at the source code for Project G1M and its python predecessor, fmt_g1m, I think I understand the basics.

The G1M file has many parts, including the meshes (IB/IV), model data, shader data, bone data, etc, as well as a bunch of maps called NUN.  (See this description by the author of Project G1M)  There are three types, NUNO, NUNV, NUNS, which are used for cloth, as well as a related map called SOFT for soft things (as far as I know, breasts, in DOA).  I do not think Gust games uses SOFT, I think it uses NUN for everything (including hair).  NUN is used to simulate gravity thus producing realistic physics with motion.

The skeleton has special bones called NUN bones.  The NUN maps are basically lists of these special bones, control points attached to the bones, and weight influence numbers.  The VB of the mesh has "4D" position, which is a 3D position and a modifier.  The 3D position is at the base of the character.  When the game is rendering the mesh, the vertex shader takes the 4D position and moves the vertices into the correct position with a complex math transformation using the location of the bones and control points, weight and the position vectors (e.g. binormal vector) as well as other semantics (including color, point size, other stuff) to simulate gravity - basically the engine knows where the mesh attaches to the 3D part of the model, and calculates how the mesh hangs off the anchor point when motion is applied by calculating the center of gravity.  (This is performed by the GPU.)

The author of Project G1M explains NUN influence by making an analogy - the skirt is on the floor, and the game engine picks it up and puts it on the character.  So Blender is importing the position coordinates correctly, but you are seeing the skirt on the floor, not on the character.  Project G1M is capable of doing the transformation, but I do not think I can replicate it because I don't really understand the math and I do not have access to parts of the code (because it uses Noesis libraries which are hidden inside DLLs).

Noesis can be used to get the mesh into Blender just fine, as you can see.

Spoiler

2011757986_2022-10-1813_41_16-Blender.png.0dc6ded5b516892c68d0ae953dc0019e.png

But without a way to get the mesh out, it is not yet helpful.  I am experimenting with transferring properties for skirt delete, but have not had much success.  Sometimes parts get deleted, sometimes not.  Still, I will probably not put a lot of time into the 4D meshes for now, because as far as I can tell, the most I will be able to achieve is partial mesh deletion, which is unnecessary since it seems most pixel shaders respect alpha so skirt delete can be done by using transparency on the textures.  Real 4D mesh editing is still impossible until we can really manipulate the NUN data.

On 10/18/2022 at 7:34 AM, Soelily said:

I seem to have run into an issue where the game crashes upon load up when I compile the edits into a new elixir, could you try compile them yourself since your elixir loaded fine?
Here's the meshes:Meshes.rar

Changes:

Hide contents

4 and 5: I've fixed up the UV mapping for.

8 and 9: I assume I've managed to fix the seam problem, it's hard to tell since I can't test it ingame.

10: Had a duplicate neck that I removed. if that's an issue, just use the one you already had.

I'm not sure what the issue is primarily, but I noticed the filesizes of the meshes go down drastically when I export them, I primarily use Blender for everything

@Soelily

1378267075_2022-10-1816_45_28-AtelierRyza_EverDarknesstheSecretHideout.png.aa8fead2f397094a290824ae7ea92058.png

NEW VERSION: Here (v2.3)

pc00a_model.elixir.gz - OBSOLETE

pc00a_model.g1t - OBSOLETE

You were so close!!!  I find hiding meshes to be a little buggy - g1mtools hides meshes by obliterating the index buffer (essentially setting it to 0 indices).  Exporting and reimporting afterwards does not work well.  What I do is to always start with the original g1m (erase my prior g1m, copy over the original), import the new meshes, hide the ones I want, then pack.  Moderchan replaces the .ib file with 0 byte files instead, that would also work.

Notes to you / what I did:

It loaded right up when I packed it and it looked great, but I noticed a few problems that I then fixed.  First, the highlight and shadow texture maps had details over the chest that were left over from her outfit and needed to go (textures 002 and 003), so I deleted those areas and repacked.  Second, as I feared, the auto weight transfer to mesh 8 was terrible, with deformed breasts and her head being disconnected from her neck.  Since I cannot add bones (see above), the solution is to segment the mesh.  Which I saw no point in doing since you just fused the chest mesh from Moderchan with the original neck; I just took the mesh from Moderchan and used it for mesh 8 (adjusting the UV map) and then restored mesh 10 to original.  The pelvis mesh is still rough, but it's useable and honestly pretty darn good!  I would not be able to do better.  If it bothers you though, of course you can touch it up.

(BTW for some reason it is impossible to unpack Moderchan's "Revealing Ryza" g1m using G1M tools for some reason...  thank goodness for 3DMigoto.  Ripped it right out of my GPU memory.  ?

PS - The reason the mesh sizes are going down drastically is because you are dumping the invisible vertices for some reason, whereas I was preserving them to manage the weight groups.  Gust's engine does a really weird thing where all the body meshes use the same vertex buffer, and which polygons belong to which mesh is determined by the index buffer.  So for example the torso mesh still has all the vertices for the legs, they are just invisible because the edges and faces are not there.  It is a very bizarre design, and I suspect is one of the reasons the game performs so poorly. I mean really, why would you load the character's entire geometry into VRAM 35 times??  It's not like we all have endless amounts of money.  Anyway.  (And yes, when I dump the frame in the character selection screen, the log showed that Ryza's entire body vertex buffer was loaded 35 times.)

Edited by amorrow28
2 hours ago, amorrow28 said:

@Soelily

1378267075_2022-10-1816_45_28-AtelierRyza_EverDarknesstheSecretHideout.png.aa8fead2f397094a290824ae7ea92058.png

pc00a_model.elixir.gz 2.12 MB · 1 download

pc00a_model.g1t 15.16 MB · 1 download

You were so close!!!  I find hiding meshes to be a little buggy - g1mtools hides meshes by obliterating the index buffer (essentially setting it to 0 indices).  Exporting and reimporting afterwards does not work well.  What I do is to always start with the original g1m (erase my prior g1m, copy over the original), import the new meshes, hide the ones I want, then pack.  Moderchan replaces the .ib file with 0 byte files instead, that would also work.

Notes to you / what I did:

Ah I see I see... I loaded up your elixir into the game but unlike your screenshot it came out more like the one posted before

Screenshot.png.81d9df7140f766529f3ea56f31170913.png

I am rather at a wits end. All the UV maps line up fine within blender but not within game. If you're aware of how to fix it, you're free to release it yourself!

7 minutes ago, Soelily said:

Ah I see I see... I loaded up your elixir into the game but unlike your screenshot it came out more like the one posted before

Screenshot.png.81d9df7140f766529f3ea56f31170913.png

I am rather at a wits end. All the UV maps line up fine within blender but not within game. If you're aware of how to fix it, you're free to release it yourself!

Did you download both files? I had to fix the textures too.

2 hours ago, amorrow28 said:

Did you download both files? I had to fix the textures too.

Yeah, the issue seemed to have just been me bungling up when I was backing previous files up haha

But, really? I can't thank you enough for helping out on this. It's what I've wanted for so long.

11 hours ago, Soelily said:

Yeah, the issue seemed to have just been me bungling up when I was backing previous files up haha

But, really? I can't thank you enough for helping out on this. It's what I've wanted for so long.

You’re welcome! I had never intended to mod this game, I was just going to use preexisting mods. I really did want a mod like yours though, and I learned a LOT trying to make your mod work!

@woofhat (and anyone else that is interested)

I am starting to get the hang of skeletons, a little bit.  I wrote a quick tool that I hope will make using a skeleton for weight painting easier.  As always, the latest versions will be on my github.

rename_bones.py

remove_bones.py

These files will quickly rename bones to match VG maps and allow for rapid binding of imported meshes.  (I do not know if this is helpful, but I think it will be helpful because I cannot seem to easily get meshes OUT of FBX/GLTF files.  This way, you start with fmt/ib/vb meshes and can export more easily.)

How to use:

You need Blender, Gust Tools, G1M Tools, the Blender import plugin, FBX-glTF-conv, and my files above.  Please try the tutorial on extracting / repacking PAK files, .elixir.gz files, and .g1m files if you do not know how to do this.  Please note for Ryza 1, you do not need to hex edit your .elixir.gz files before extraction.  (woofhat I know you know how to do all this since you taught me, this is for everyone else!)  I am using Python 3.10, Blender 3.3.1 LTS, Gust Tools 1.51, G1M Tools "1.X", and FBX-glTF-conv 1.0.0alpha40.

You will need vgmaps.  Drag the costume model onto g1m_export_with_vgmap.bat (the model is usually PCXXX_MODEL_default.g1m).

Spoiler

1336026228_2022-10-2311_53_07-pc00h_model.png.34478d4c0afc8ed2a72e058a845100ef.png

Next, make your GLTF.  Drag the costume model (PCXXX_MODEL_default.g1m or whichever model you are using) onto g1m2fbx.exe.  It will ask you for the skeleton, drag it into the window (PCXXX_MODEL.g1m).  Then, drag your new FBX file onto FBX-glTF-conv.exe.  Your GLTF is in the PCXXX_MODEL_default_glTF folder.  (See here for my rationale for using GLTF instead of FBX.)

Spoiler

9569921_2022-10-2311_53_44-pc00h_model.png.d3cb1d68554408865b3613aa16ae6787.png

541742224_2022-10-2311_54_38-pc00h_model.png.13129414e215bfede30870780186cbc2.png

228591668_2022-10-2311_55_36-pc00h_model.png.7e5f4c6b12be42970c5cfefdf405f036.png

Open Blender, and import the skeleton.  (File menu -> Import -> glTF 2.0)

Spoiler

384782309_2022-10-2311_57_28-Blender.png.769171c4865d3aadc4091d18ed9b7655.png

Using the outliner window (list in the top right corner), delete (or hide) the meshes so you can see the skeleton.  Click on Armature.  The Skeleton should be highlighted now.

Spoiler

673324916_2022-10-2312_09_20-Window.png.44bda80f56c5471b92f4333a599eaceb.png

Click the scripting tab at the top.  Click open, and then select one of my files.  Use "rename_bones.py" when you want the whole skeleton, and "remove_bones.py" when you intend to work with a single mesh.

Spoiler

1787003225_2022-10-1916_32_34-Blender.png.2b2f8d11d2a41f08c2ac0c8c561d13f2.png

997910801_2022-10-1916_33_40-Blender.png.262c808499aefb0485fe0d7869d4f2c5.png

Press the play button at the top.

Spoiler

1873434944_2022-10-1916_34_05-Blender.png.d4018eff4329683653a07beb80314d56.png

IF you chose remove, it will ask you for the vgmap of the mesh you plan to edit.  It will be in the folder with the fmt/ib/vb files, select it.

Spoiler

730338282_2022-10-1917_15_19-BlenderFileView.png.f438183674bf1f510e8de09acf444462.png

Here I used rename, so the whole skeleton is there.  Import your ib/vb meshes as usual (File -> Import -> 3DMigoto raw buffers).  In my screenshot, I imported them all.  In object mode, select them all (In the Outliner list in the upper right, select the first mesh, hold down shift, select the last mesh).  Once you have all the meshes selected, CTRL-click on Armature in the Outliner.  The meshes should be outlined in red, and the skeleton in orange.

Spoiler

1386971400_2022-10-2312_11_20-Blender.png.efa99c83dc0881133c3979f5a408186c.png

Go to Object -> Parent menu (or press Ctrl-P), and select "Armature Deform."  Do NOT pick any of the "With..." options.

Spoiler

962643864_2022-10-2312_13_25-Blender.png.34f83906cd9d062a343e93ea5a20987f.png

Your meshes are rigged!  You can now do what you need to do.  (Note: if you imported 4D meshes as I did, they will deform in funny ways because they have not been transformed.  For this screenshot, I hid them.  If you want to see them, use Project G1M, but you cannot use my scripts above.)

Spoiler

1012759911_2022-10-2312_19_43-Blender.png.2bc6d18d5f0fcc8d29afe179ab240616.png

If you had chosen to use "remove bones" instead of "rename bones," you will only see the bones that are actually useable by the mesh you selected.  Until I can figure out how to alter the bone maps, we must do it this way.

Spoiler

1303573747_2022-10-2312_28_51-Blender.png.d823d8cdd5614b028ff4e1e5fe6e28b1.png

When you are done with your mesh, export as usual (File -> Export -> 3DMigoto raw buffers).

Enjoy!

Edited by amorrow28
46 minutes ago, YSLXT said:

How to use these?

Use Atelier_PAK_Decrypt.
Download and unzip Atelier_PAK_Decrypt.zip.
https://github.com/shizukachan/atelier_pak_decrypt/releases

1.Expand PACK00_02.PAC in the installation folder with Atelier_PAK_Decrypt.
  (Drag and drop PACK00_02.PAC to a18_decrypt.exe in the Atelier_PAK_Decrypt folder.)
2.Copy the created x64 folder to the installation folder. (/data/x64)
3.Rename PACK00_02.PAC in the installation folder. (PACK00_02.PAC -> PACK00_02.PAC.bk)
4.Copy a21_chara_stand_cardXX.g1t to /Data/x64/Res_CMN/ui/. (3 files)

5.Expand PACK00_04_XX.PAC in the installation folder with Atelier_PAK_Decrypt.
  (Drag and drop PACK00_04_XX.PAC to a18_decrypt.exe in the Atelier_PAK_Decrypt folder.)
  - PACK00_04_01.PAK (en) 英語 English
  - PACK00_04_02.PAK (tc) 繁中 Traditional Chinese
  - PACK00_04_03.PAK (jp) 日語 Japanese
  - PACK00_04_04.PAK (sc) 簡中 Simplified Chinese
6.Copy the created x64/Res_XX folder to the installation folder. (/data/x64/)
7.Rename PACK00_04_XX.PAC in the installation folder. (PACK00_04_XX.PAC -> PACK00_04_XX.PAC.bk)
8.Copy a21_battle.g1t to /Data/x64/Res_XX/ui/.

9.Start Game

1540818042_2022-10-2312_16_30-Blender.png.46bf4649cc27f28789116d9c592b6847.png

I have updated my skeleton workflow / tutorial to use GLTF instead of FBX.

This does add the extra step of converting the FBX to GLTF.  I feel the extra step is worthwhile, however, because Blender can import an accurate skeleton from GLTF, but it cannot from FBX.  FBX has the true skeleton, but Blender cannot handle the bone orientation so the bones are all facing the same way.  Automatic bone orientation is able to fix some bones, but not all of them.  Blender also cannot tell the difference between bones and joints in FBX.  GLTF import works better because GLTF does not store the true skeleton - instead it stores them as node vectors that Blender translates into bones upon import.  Also, Blender can use the GLTF information to know what is a bone and what is a joint.

You can see what I am talking about here:

Spoiler

2091952069_ryzaskeletoncomparison.png.f836c2f7b2243a3b900a8475d7f53a3b.png

As you see Noesis can read the FBX perfectly.  Blender does not import the FBX correctly, and automatic bone orientation only fixes the most obvious bones.  Blender reads the GLTF perfectly.

On 10/19/2022 at 7:46 PM, amorrow28 said:

You’re welcome! I had never intended to mod this game, I was just going to use preexisting mods. I really did want a mod like yours though, and I learned a LOT trying to make your mod work!

So! I have been playing with it and figure I can provide some feedback on it, if you ever feel like updating it.

Spoiler

Hat.png.5becc2e8bb7666e7905d03934ec8945d.png
The first most noticeable thing is the UV mapping on her hat clover(?) being wrong, I could of sworn I fixed that in the mesh I sent...

692143093_Pelvisgap.png.cb900628889c0e9834f099d738bd0fe5.png
There appears to be a pelvis gap, which is quite strange. I don't recall it being there last time I worked on this

1491989012_Handoutline.png.3b576c578454a7f96ea5005ad7bedc4f.png
Her wrists here appear to have an outline, whereas the rest of her body doesn't. I would suggest either adding the outline to the rest of the body or removing it all together, adding it would probably fit the style of the game the best since other character's skin are also generally outlined. But I leave that up to you! I wouldn't even know where to get started haha

510072760_Thighbootscomparison.png.be06ce1335a7cfab6c0908582b71d356.png

Here's another strange thing I noticed as I was switching between default and the summer costume. Apparently her thighboots have more of a shine to them whereas the mod doesn't, and I assume the OG default outfit had the shine as well considering the summer one is just the same but without the jacket. The little dangling thing from her pouch also appears to be untextured somehow? I don't even recall seeing UV maps for that.

Overall, just suggestions for changes, really. I would really only put importance on fixing the hat considering you spend a majority of the game with her back turned to you, haha.

22 hours ago, Soelily said:

So! I have been playing with it and figure I can provide some feedback on it, if you ever feel like updating it.

Reveal hidden contents

Hat.png.5becc2e8bb7666e7905d03934ec8945d.png
The first most noticeable thing is the UV mapping on her hat clover(?) being wrong, I could of sworn I fixed that in the mesh I sent...

692143093_Pelvisgap.png.cb900628889c0e9834f099d738bd0fe5.png
There appears to be a pelvis gap, which is quite strange. I don't recall it being there last time I worked on this

1491989012_Handoutline.png.3b576c578454a7f96ea5005ad7bedc4f.png
Her wrists here appear to have an outline, whereas the rest of her body doesn't. I would suggest either adding the outline to the rest of the body or removing it all together, adding it would probably fit the style of the game the best since other character's skin are also generally outlined. But I leave that up to you! I wouldn't even know where to get started haha

510072760_Thighbootscomparison.png.be06ce1335a7cfab6c0908582b71d356.png

Here's another strange thing I noticed as I was switching between default and the summer costume. Apparently her thighboots have more of a shine to them whereas the mod doesn't, and I assume the OG default outfit had the shine as well considering the summer one is just the same but without the jacket. The little dangling thing from her pouch also appears to be untextured somehow? I don't even recall seeing UV maps for that.

Overall, just suggestions for changes, really. I would really only put importance on fixing the hat considering you spend a majority of the game with her back turned to you, haha.

It’s your mod, not mine! ? I look forward to trying out your fixes.

The texture issues are likely because you changed texture 0 without changing 1, 2 and/or 3 (they are texture, normal, shadow and highlight).

As to the gap, I suspect it is because the weights don’t match, and the normals might be off as well.

Watch the Fairy Tail video I linked for you earlier. It explains all of this, and how to fix each issue you have.

or… don’t. Personally, I’m not a perfectionist. I think good enough is good enough, and for me it’s good enough. ?