UNPB Vanilla Armor Broken Down with BBP and Working Weight Slider

ah i see you got the ebony mail up. i think i will wait to download till you are able to get the weight sliders working, i only use ebony, ebony mail, deadric (very very rarely though) and the thieves guild armors. if im not using them im using the AmethystDeceiver's black sacrament armor with nightasy's hmm what to wear mod for the parts armors from ebony and thieves guild. also i started using the textures from here for ebony and i must say they look amazing http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/4903 the EBONY 4K BLACK WITHOUT GOLD is the one i use.

@ Skulltyrant - I probably used the 4k ebony at one point. Hopefully the book of silence well eventually have ebony as well. In regards to my daedric I realize why its not glowing. Daedric is the only armor in the game that uses meshes to make the glow, instead of a glow map. I'll have to open up Maks to take a look at em. I remember messing with Daedric and how annoying the glowing mesh were to line up.

After looking at mak07s original, it should be very easy to separate the pieces of armor and make them separately equipable. Since thats all mainly nifskope work that I'm all too familiar with.

Heyo everyone,

Just a heads up, I've been doing alot of work trying to get a couple armors working.  For some reason, an older technique I used to use for editing mesh seems to not be working.  I had to spent the last couple days troubleshooting to figure out why it wasn't working.  Finally I was able to figure out the reason, so I should have some armors up here shortly.  

Here's an example:

post-4075-0-42107900-1359869908_thumb.jpg

hi, sorry i'm not english, i have one question

I do not understand why I can not download files from this site, instead I see a little icon marked above show, I'm clicking on it but nothing happens, it would be possible to upload on nexus?

I'm really sorry to make this request, but I'm looking into my options profile, nothing helps me to remedy this problem since this site has changed

May I suggest that you try to use the models from this mod to convert them to UNBP instead of the ones from my mod?

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/25259

This one adds some additional armors parts to MAK's original (such as leg guards, belts and bra) and is generally more polished. It also contains Dawnguard armors and he's also planning to do Dragonbron's as well as soon as he gets it.

Also, I took a look at his meshes and he combined a lot of the separate pieces together, which can help reduce quite a bit of micro management when it comes to morphing and adjusting the meshes' properties in 3ds and nifskope

I know that you're using my meshes because the body shape is closer, but I highly recommend that you switch to using this one.

I have some problems with  falmer and general Tulius armors.

When I use Remodeled Armors - UNP version, it works correctly

c18b3b40f68a88fb851f239cd426aabd.jpg

918897bf16ae55adf50f8deb6ac3ec5b.jpg

And this one with your files

2b2e95f89b0a6c12f119007104bcda96.jpg

a435b58e091b7328d4cdf35a3d720397.jpg

So, can anyone help me? :)

Other your armors work correctly.

P.S. Sorry for my english, it's not my language.

=O explodey meshes are explodey.   Looks like a vertex count is off, between _0 and _1 meshes.  Try setting your weight to either 0 or 100, if the problem goes away... mesh issue

Tends to happen when the game engine says "lolwut?"  when trying to extrapolate where the vert's go between _0 and _1.  If something is off, the game tends to just blow them up.

I'm guessing something welded strangely when it was exported as nif, or you had an install issue and something didn't overwrite correctly.

I have some problems with  falmer and general Tulius armors.

When I use Remodeled Armors - UNP version, it works correctly

c18b3b40f68a88fb851f239cd426aabd.jpg

918897bf16ae55adf50f8deb6ac3ec5b.jpg

And this one with your files

2b2e95f89b0a6c12f119007104bcda96.jpg

a435b58e091b7328d4cdf35a3d720397.jpg

So, can anyone help me? :)

Other your armors work correctly.

P.S. Sorry for my english, it's not my language.

=O explodey meshes are explodey.   Looks like a vertex count is off, between _0 and _1 meshes.  Try setting your weight to either 0 or 100, if the problem goes away... mesh issue

Tends to happen when the game engine says "lolwut?"  when trying to extrapolate where the vert's go between _0 and _1.  If something is off, the game tends to just blow them up.

I'm guessing something welded strangely when it was exported as nif, or you had an install issue and something didn't overwrite correctly.

Tried setting weight... Problem goes away when weight is 0 or 100.

Heyo everyone,

My apologies for not replying within the last couple of days.  I've been busy at work, and of course hard at play with the new release of dragonborn!  Though I plan to resume more armors, once everything calms down.

To all those having issues with exploding armors, this is all you need to do.  Delete the _0 part of the armor you are having issues with, then copy the _1.  Rename the newly copied one to whatever armor _0.  The reason for the exploding is normally due to different vert counts, and there's no reason the armors I have here should have different verts.  Reason being is because there is no weight slider at all.

So if I perhaps made a mistake while uploading, the steps above should fix that issue.  To make sure everything is working properly I plan to go back through the armors that I've already made, and rebuilt part of them to make certain there's no conflicts.

In regards to the alternate panties, yeah I realize that it doesn't work.  The file is setup to work, if you use nifskope and change the tex of the panties.  To the MAK style of different pieces of armor; that should be very easy to do.  Reason i say this is because most of the armors are already broken down.  All I have to do is separate them into different nifs.  Again just a bit more work that needs to be done.

Then after all the armors are completed, I will work on getting a working weight slider.  What I really need to look at is the max weight of UNP, and see how different it is compared to UNPB zero weight.  Since there is no vert count difference it may be very easily possible to use Asianboy's zero weight.  Though I haven't tested it yet.

@Asianboy345 - Speaking of man himself...once again I thank you for stopping by.  I will take your advisement into account, as I've done in the past.  So far all your advise has been true, and never let me down...and for that I thank you ^^

As you stated, I am using yours as a basis for speed purposes.  I don't mind working with CBBE or what not and converting to UNPB, just again saves me alot more time going from UNP to UNPB.  I was also thinking about doing your tera conversions as well to UNPB @_@

Once again, I thank you for your help ^^

Heyo everyone,

To all those having issues with exploding armors, this is all you need to do.  Delete the _0 part of the armor you are having issues with, then copy the _1.  Rename the newly copied one to whatever armor _0.  The reason for the exploding is normally due to different vert counts, and there's no reason the armors I have here should have different verts.  Reason being is because there is no weight slider at all.

Then after all the armors are completed, I will work on getting a working weight slider.  What I really need to look at is the max weight of UNP, and see how different it is compared to UNPB zero weight.  Since there is no vert count difference it may be very easily possible to use Asianboy's zero weight.  Though I haven't tested it yet.

=O

makes sense, and iirc from reading the unpb thread from waaaaay long ago, the verts are the same as unp, and that unp/unpb actually share the same _0 mesh (or close to it). Only issue might be weighting.  I could be completely wrong though.

Which means......    assuming ilruinante installed the unp first there is likely only going to be those 2 armor sets to watch for splodey's in.

That said, you may want to compare the _0 of unp to the _0 of unpb as well (not just the _1 from unp)  incase of neck seams/gaps.

@Skulltyrant there's a texture blender for unp now.  Might work for your issue.

Keep up the good work Silvist and when you're done if you need someone with a beast comp to record everything let me know.  I just built mine and she's hungry.  6gigs of VRAM, suck it Skyrim I'm going to dl all the high res mods I want and you'll love it.

Keep up the good work Silvist and when you're done if you need someone with a beast comp to record everything let me know.  I just built mine and she's hungry.  6gigs of VRAM, suck it Skyrim I'm going to dl all the high res mods I want and you'll love it.

if youre talking qbout the head body texture issue i was having, i got it fixed finally.   

Skyrim has a 4gb limit on memory, so you still gotta be careful :P though, now you can play skyrim and like 2 other games at the same time lol

Heyo everyone,

Just an update, after looking over ChronoTrigger77's meshes, I was actually shocked.  I thought there may have been a massive difference between UNPB and CBBE max weight, but I was mistaken.  I'm not sure how the zero weight will look, but this for sure looks doable.  I'll see about toying around with a couple, and test how they come out before I go any further. From what I can tell, not all of the vanilla armors have been converted by him.  So perhaps I'll fill in most with these, but there maybe some I'll have to use the original for.  My goal is a total replacement of the vanilla, and of course MAK style with swap able pieces.

Heyo everyone,

Just an update, after looking over ChronoTrigger77's meshes, I was actually shocked.  I thought there may have been a massive difference between UNPB and CBBE max weight, but I was mistaken.  I'm not sure how the zero weight will look, but this for sure looks doable.  I'll see about toying around with a couple, and test how they come out before I go any further. From what I can tell, not all of the vanilla armors have been converted by him.  So perhaps I'll fill in most with these, but there maybe some I'll have to use the original for.  My goal is a total replacement of the vanilla, and of course MAK style with swap able pieces.

He's been doing about 1-2 conversions everyday. I don't use CBBE but I've been keeping track :P If you start using his now you will have new pieces to work on every week. He's pretty serious about getting them all done in an orderly fashion. I just wish they were CBBEx cause that's just another conversion XD