No body physics (Fusion Girl - Bodytalk)

I just did this test directly.

I used console to "PlayIdle LeitoAggressivePowerbombM" on the PC.

The same problem appears when AAF hasn't done anything. No actor state changes. No affects to collision. No doppelganger.

You can see the butt wiggling slightly. But, the balls are frozen.

So, this pretty much confirms that the issue has to do with CBP not working with custom animation/skeleton/body combo.

Taking a step back conceptually here... There is always going to be a conflict that has to be resolved between instructions from animations and physics affects on the same body parts.

I bring this up again because being able to animate the schlong is a big improvement, imo, for these kinds of animations. I would rather retain that feature than see it replaced by a Skyrim-like system where we have physics-animated balls but a schlong that appears to be welded to the body at a 90 degree angle.

In Skyrim, this issue sort of came up to a smaller degree with that "floppy" mod that add physics-motion to the schlong. It was resolved by that mod author creating functions to turn the floppiness off/on.

IMO, once issues are worked out between CBP and bodies/skeletons, it would be helpful for a Papyrus-based on/off function to be added to CBP. This way, users wouldn't have to choose between seeing the way an animator intended to animate balls or free willy all the time. [Ideally, the function would be able to target body parts to turn physics off/on for.]

27 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

I just did this test directly.

I used console to "PlayIdle LeitoAggressivePowerbombM" on the PC.

The same problem appears when AAF hasn't done anything. No actor state changes. No affects to collision. No doppelganger.

You can see the butt wiggling slightly. But, the balls are frozen.

So, this pretty much confirms that the issue has to do with CBP not working with custom animation/skeleton/body combo.

yeah, just tried here and its not working either.

I'm pretty sure that my first theory is correct. The balls can't be affected by CBP because they are receiving position instructions (one way or another) from the animation.

That raises another question about how to approach this. It appears that animation instructions over-rule CBP. That isn't good because it means that you couldn't turn CBP off and on during the animation.

Ideally, it can be changed so that CBP can over-ride animation instructions (not sure if possible). Then we could benefit from both systems.

8 hours ago, dagobaking said:

The only other possibility I can think of is that AAF uses various actor states and positioning to make sure they stay aligned during animation. They are vanilla commands. But, theoretically, affecting collisions could affect what CBP is trying to do in some way.

I'd like to join in on the conversation. Assuming that vanilla commands which turn off collisions are preventing CBP from working during AAF animations, would it be possible to apply vanilla commands during the initiation and switching between each animation (for correct positioning and alignment) then reverse said commands when each animation is playing? That way, CBP might just work during AAF animations (in theory)

edit: This is, of course, assuming that vanilla commands can still be issued during AAF and that CBP is actually affected by them. The author of CBP also noted that s/he added something called "CBP command":

image.png.bb28021edda8b17d12ae90e6c6e6e9df.png

Link here

32 minutes ago, Vel W said:

Assuming that vanilla commands which turn off collisions are preventing CBP from working during AAF animations,

That is not what is happening. The test I did above plays the animation without involving AAF at all (or any commands affecting collisions) and the problem still occurred. There is nothing that could be done to AAF to fix this. The fix has to come from CBP and/or the body/skeleton/animation combo involved.

The author of CBP also noted that s/he added something called "CBP command":

That appears to be a command for use in the console. It's promising that the capability appears to be there. But, we need Papyrus functions instead of console commands.

What is needed to better integrate CBP with existing systems:

• Make CBP over-ride havok animations.
  • Add Papyrus functions that turn CBP off/on per body part.
1 hour ago, iggypop1 said:

Thank you for looking into this......

Is CBP used in Skyrim now ? And does it have the jiggles? Is it compareable with FO4?

I think CBP is what is used for Skyrim SE. In Oldrim, they had HDT. But, things could have changed for both since I've checked it out.

I would say that the jiggling is a bit more advanced/realistic looking in Skyrim so far. But, on the other hand, Skyrim doesn't have a rigged schlong which, imo, puts it behind FO4 in overall quality, even with jiggling differences considered. Animators can add jiggling to animations already in FO4 that looks just as good as Skyrim physics. It's just hard-coded so it doesn't look different every time and perhaps doesn't adjust as well to the extreme body proportions that some prefer.

18 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

I think CBP is what is used for Skyrim SE. In Oldrim, they had HDT. But, things could have changed for both since I've checked it out.

I would say that the jiggling is a bit more advanced/realistic looking in Skyrim so far. But, on the other hand, Skyrim doesn't have a rigged schlong which, imo, puts it behind FO4 in overall quality, even with jiggling differences considered. Animators can add jiggling to animations already in FO4 that looks just as good as Skyrim physics. It's just hard-coded so it doesn't look different every time and perhaps doesn't adjust as well to the extreme body proportions that some prefer.

Ok......i used HDT  when playing oldrim.......

"What is needed to better integrate CBP with existing systems:

• Add Papyrus functions that turn CBP off/on per body part."

So who could make this happen? (ohoh pushing it , (im just a greedy enduser))

My requests to  mod authors carry no weight.......

Yours

11 hours ago, iggypop1 said:

"What is needed to better integrate CBP with existing systems:

• Add Papyrus functions that turn CBP off/on per body part."

So who could make this happen? (ohoh pushing it , (im just a greedy enduser))

Those items, the author of CBP would need to apply.

Before that though, something needs to be fixed to allow it to work with the current custom skeleton/animation combo. I'm not sure if that needs an update from CBP, the skeleton/body authors or both.

14 hours ago, dagobaking said:

Yep, CBP is used in Skyrim SSE.  I checked my mods for Skyrim SSE and it lists CBPC - CBP Collisions and Physics and both breast and butt jiggle work there.

If this info is useful to anyone~I mostly use  animations created by SavageCabbage these days and the one thing I noticed with the new pieces added in v1.1 is that CBP does happen but only when the female character is moved around by changing stages. The physics are especially noticeable when changing between a last-stage animation (usually named “Finish”) and a first-stage one (usually named “Start” or “Tease”). They only occur briefly (1 second about) but are reproducible. 

7 hours ago, Vel W said:

If this info is useful to anyone~I mostly use  animations created by SavageCabbage these days and the one thing I noticed with the new pieces added in v1.1 is that CBP does happen but only when the female character is moved around by changing stages. The physics are especially noticeable when changing between a last-stage animation (usually named “Finish”) and a first-stage one (usually named “Start” or “Tease”). They only occur briefly (1 second about) but are reproducible. 

It happens in FO4 its  something about the havok (i think) Try travelling to FarHarbor by Boat and the game makes the CBP go Crazy jiggling Same for train to NukaWorld

Changing stages in AAF have the same effect. But being AAF pushed around by a SuperMutant still leaves the Breasts stiff  (i say breasts /balls because the butt works)

10 hours ago, dagobaking said:

Those items, the author of CBP would need to apply.

Before that though, something needs to be fixed to allow it to work with the current custom skeleton/animation combo. I'm not sure if that needs an update from CBP, the skeleton/body authors or both.

ZaZ-Extended-Skeleton (ZeX)

mastercchris

• 1 month later...

I'm still getting the "No Physics" on the body, whether nude or not.

I've checked, I've got all the mods, in the right order, and am using MO2.

I also can't seem to find the original instruction thread.

Any help, even if it's just pointing me to the original Fusion Girl instruction thread would be great.

52 minutes ago, Haverstead said:

I'm still getting the "No Physics" on the body, whether nude or not.

I've checked, I've got all the mods, in the right order, and am using MO2.

I also can't seem to find the original instruction thread.

Any help, even if it's just pointing me to the original Fusion Girl instruction thread would be great.

make sure that FSE is up to date matching your game version and you have the latest version of CBT and install CBP Physics after installing ZaZ-Extended-Skeleton

2 hours ago, mashup47 said:

make sure that FSE is up to date matching your game version and you have the latest version of CBT and install CBP Physics after installing ZaZ-Extended-Skeleton

Complete weirdness. I doublechecked everything, decided to see what's going on, and loaded it up again.

Physics are back. So... "No touchy load order..."

Thanks for the attempt.

Now to explore the Nuclear Winter with my new Enclave Officer Fusion Girl.

I hate to burst bubbles @dagobaking but I explained this before that there is no possible way animated body parts and CBP could fight.

In order to Use CBP, the Skeleton had to be updated to add new bones (Ex: Balls_CBP or Breast_CBP) and the bodies changed to use those bones. As far as animating goes, those bones cannot be used in animation otherwise it breaks CBP and IIRC the rigs (Which I think got CBP updated) don't allow you to animate those bones (Or the skin bones for that matter.)

There's just 0 possibility that TBP and CBP would conflict on the Breasts/Butt/Balls, cause they [The TBP bones] are no longer assigned to the body (They're present in the skeleton, but from what I and ZaZ discussed, they were kept in to preserve animations that used them already and not force another round of animation updates since taking them out would require redoing anims that had them in to prevent issues)

As far as the physics situation, that's out of the Skeleton/Body authors hands, I've done what I can to support CBP, I can't do much more to make it work than make configs that I tested and verified worked before uploading. Whatevr issues happen are either user end or CBP end, so there's not much I can do. 

Not to mention the big thing about the physics that we lack is a way into havok like Skyrim does, Since the Havok SDK needed for FO4 is not available, there's no way to hack the physics end (You can ask @CGi as this was a discussion we had about the situation.). I said this before that the CBP implementation for FO4 is kinda a "hacked up" job of physics, and people shouldn't expect HDT/Skyrim level physics.