How often do you run Boss and Wrye Bash?

I never use WyreBash.

But if you have created a BashedPatch and you change your load order ( install or delete Mods )  you have to create the BashedPatch again.

!!! And remember: NEVER Lovers/Tamago Mods in the BashedPatch !!!!

And BOSS you run it once.

BOSS put the Mods that it does not know at the end of the load order, you have to sort this Mods manually.

If you run BOSS again you have to sort all "unknown" Mod again ( or you add the Mods in the BOSS masterlist.... but if the masterlist is updated you have to do it again )

When I install a new Mod I use the BOSS masterlist ( the text file) and open it with notepad++  , search the Mod.

Then I know roughly where I have to place it, I search some of the Mods I have installed  and in notepad++ you have line numbers, if the new Mod is line 13678 you check search the installed Mods with higher and lower line number.
And if the Mod is not in the BOSS masterlist I sort manually ( clothes-armor Mods to installed clothes-armor Mods, Quest Mod to installed Quest Mods,  Race mods to race mods,... )

I play Oblivion so many years I do not have BOSS installed, all the base Mods I always use  I know the load order, and for new Mods I use the BOSS masterlist with notepad++

The newest version at Nexus comes with C Bash broken.  Noone on their team at the moment is able to fix the C Bash problem apparently. If you need, I can post my version which is from October 22 2017 and has working C Bash.  Bash Tags that are suggested by Boss need to be added manually., since newer versions of Wrye Bash work only with Loot for sorting. Bash Tags added in the description fields by mod authors, still get added fine.

??? You do not use the newest WyreBash version with Oblivion!

Wrye Bash - I recommend version 295  ( That say WyreBash users ( if I remember right gregathit said that) .    I never used WyreBash . I only add the info in my yellow Link beblow )

And of course you never use LOOT with Oblivion.

That's about what gregathit  said,   295 was the last good Oblivion WyreBash version.  And the new versions are for Skyrim, Fallout,...

So why not use a version that can handle BOSS ? Why apply Bash Tags manually ? ( I do not know what Bash Tags are )

Is there anything version 295 can not do and you need it with Oblivion ?  "Works with LOOT" is something you absolutely don't need.

Reminds me of the CS Extender and TES4Edit.  CSE Version 51 can do all you need ( newer versions only have more requirements) , And old TES4Edit versions can do all you need with one version ( newer versions need different renamed desktop shortcuts. You can not first check a esp , change some things and then start the cleaning, you have to close TES4Edit and then use the cleaning shortcut ... very user unfriendly )

Is there a good reason why you should use a newer version and not the 295 version which can do all you need and handle the Oblivion sorting tool BOSS ?

EDIT:  I found in my yellow Link what gregathit said about WyreBash. I copied it from  on of his posts in my yellow Link.

Use 295 version of WryeBash. The "new" versions were made for Skyrim and don't worth a shit for Oblivion.

Bash Tags basically define which records should be placed into the Bashed Patch. A good article is at this link.

https://wrye-bash.github.io/docs/Wrye Bash Advanced Readme.html#patch-tags

Reasons to use newer versions include a greater range of bash tags support,  and speed improvements to the reading of mods in the Installers tab and faster Bashed Patch building and more bugs squashed. They do include support for Loot, but I did not mean to suggest in any way that a user should use Loot over Boss. Boss can still sort mods fine for Wrye Bash users, no matter which version they use.  

42 minutes ago, Zaragorov said:

So making "c" bash patches with wrye bash is actually harming my game? :O? I have version... 307 (307.2018.704.57 from the properties of the .exe)? Should I be finding and switching to a different one?

The version you are using is fine probably. Its recently that C Bash got broken somehow. C Bash is preferred. If  no error messages pop up when making it, you are ok. 

18 hours ago, Zaragorov said:

So making "c" bash patches with wrye bash is actually harming my game? :O? I have version... 307 (307.2018.704.57 from the properties of the .exe)? Should I be finding and switching to a different one?

For Oblivion I don't recommend any versions past 295.  After 295 the makers of Wrye stopped supporting (or even caring) about Oblivion it seemed.  

I stopped testing new versions of Wyre past 303.  It seemed that each new version of Wrye broke something new with Oblivion and fixed nothing that was broken from the previous versions.  I have no idea if they finally fixed Wrye after 303 or not, so take this with a grain of salt.   If sladen2019 is using it and not having issues then it might be fine.

As to c bash patches breaking your game, I would doubt it as is stated above.  If they do, you'll know it pretty quickly as you'll have tears in the landscape and other weirdness popping up, not to mention the dreaded CTD.  Oblivion isn't shy about letting you know when things are not right.  LOL!

As to the whole LOOT vs BOSS.  Stick to using BOSS for oblivion.  LOOT is fantastic for FNV, Skyrim and Fallout 4.  It sucks balls for Oblivion.  It really sucks organizing Lovers with PK mods.

Thanks everyone for the discussion.  It is helping me learn more about BOSS, Wrye, etc.

I didn't realize that the latest version of Wrye might not be the greatest - at least for Oblivion. I've been using 307.2018.704.57 , CBash v0.7.0 the whole time. As far as I can tell, it is OK. But I wonder if maybe some of the problems I had on previous Oblivion play could be due to this?

I still get CTD about every 40 minutes, but this is much better than I was experiencing in my previous thread.

17 hours ago, fejeena said:

Have you read my yellow Link below?

Do you have 4GB patcher,  Oblivion Stutter Remover  ?  Or EngineBugFixes  and ENB boost ?

And Oblivion installed right? C : program files(x86) can cause problems

Yes to all of the above, except for ENB boost.  Despite following the directions carefully, I could never get it to function.

I even used your .ini settings.

2 hours ago, Sladen2019 said:

Post your load order.

Active Mod Files:

00  Oblivion.esm
01  All Natural Base.esm  [Version 1.38]
02  Cobl Main.esm  [Version 1.72]
03  CM Partners.esm
++  Cobl Tweaks.esp  [Version 1.44]
04  Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp  [Version 3.5.6]
05  UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp  [Version 1.0.0]
++  Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp
06  DLCShiveringIsles.esp
07  Cobl Si.esp  [Version 1.63]
08  Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp  [Version 1.5.9]
**  All Natural - MMM Patch.esp  [Version 1.3]
09  Idle Dialogue.esp  [Version 1.3]
0A  All Natural - Real Lights.esp  [Version 1.38]
0B  WindowLightingSystem.esp
0C  AliveWaters.esp
0D  Griffon Fortress 6.53.esp
0E  HoarfrostCastle.esp
0F  All Natural.esp  [Version 1.38]
10  Castle_Dunkerlore_V1.esp
11  Oblivion_Character_Overhaul.esp  [Version 2.0]
12  Kvatch Rebuilt.esp  [Version 3.0RC3]
13  GoldenShadowArmor.esp
14  Weapon Expansion Pack for Oblivion Nthusiasts.esp
15  All Natural - SI.esp  [Version 1.38]
16  GOSH.esp
17  Faregyl.esp  [Version 2.0.11]
18  RoadLights.esp
19  The Ayleid Steps.esp  [Version 3.8.2]
**  Grass Overhaul.esp
1A  AnorielsCrossroadsManor1.2.esp
1B  SenTineL's Legendary Weapons And Armors.esp
++  OCO_UOP_USIP_Patch.esp
1C  Fighters Guild Quests.esp
1D  mystery of mausoleum.esp
1E  Immersive Interiors - Imperial City.esp  [Version 1.5]
1F  Dalls_Crown_Princess.esp
20  ShadowfangKeep.esp
21  Tona's_ModsStore.esp
22  AyleidMeteorIronWeaponsVANILLA.esp
23  TOTF.esp
24  AyleidMeteorIronWeaponsBASE.esp
25  Immersive Interiors.esp  [Version 0.8.1]
26  Immersive Interiors - Bravil.esp
27  Immersive Interiors - Landscape Addon.esp
28  RTT.esp
29  CM Partners.esp
2A  AliveWaters - Koi Addon.esp
2B  AliveWaters - Slaughterfish Addon.esp
2C  Days&Months.esp
2D  BetterSaves.esp
2E  Spell Delete And Item Remove.esp
2F  PTArtifacts.esp
30  ExnemEyeCandy.esp
31  VipCxj_HighHeels.esp
32  Navel Piercings.esp
33  Navel Piercings Enchanted.esp
34  Sexy Killer.esp
35  AAbuiesdaqun.esp
36  CapesandCloaks.esp
37  CB Elegant Dress.esp
38  DarkIllusionArmor.esp
39  Dynasty.esp
3A  EY_AoD.esp
3B  HentaiDarkLilith.esp
3C  HGEC Evening Dress.esp
3D  LKF_EY_Vampirehunter.esp
3E  Morrigan Armor Set v1_0.esp
3F  Sorceress_Armors.esp
40  Sweet ranger costume.esp
41  Underworld Armor.esp
42  VipCxjHHTest.esp
++  Weapon Improvement Project.esp  [Version 1.9]
43  ArynnsDrowWitchHGEC.esp
44  HGEC_SBVelvetRose.esp
45  R18PN - Amy Armor Set.esp
46  DianoArmor2.esp
47  The Sexy BeastV1.2.esp
48  Dark_Mistress.esp
49  Alluring Wine Bottles.esp
**  OOO 1.32-Cobl.esp  [Version 1.72]
**  MMM-Cobl.esp  [Version 1.69]
4A  Abriael_Human.esp
4B  Kvatch Rebuilt Weather Patch.esp
4C  strotisAyleidClutter.esp
++  Carry all you want-5118.esp
++  Enemy Weapons dont drop.esp
4D  Dungeon Actors Have Torches 1.6 CT.esp
4E  Dungeon Actors Have Torches 1.6 DT.esp
++  Improved Fires and Flames - Increased Sound.esp
4F  P1DkeyChain.esp  [Version 5.00]
50  All+5AttributeModifiers.esp
++  Oblivion Character Overhaul Hair Edition.esp
51  Saerileth.esp
52  IDKRRR_C_race.esp
53  IDKRRR_C_race_closed_mouth_version.esp
54  Synx.esp
55  1em_Vilja.esp  [Version 4.04]
56  X.Races.Comp.esp
57  Apachii_Heroes_Store.esp
58  CM Partners More NPCs.esp
59  Chapel Shop.esp
5A  Emertxe.esp
5B  Fall Hair Wig Shop - EV.esp
5C  Fall Hair Wig Shop - DV.esp
5D  AliveWaters_nofish.esp
5E  DACompilation_GO_SI_APN.esp
5F  CM Partners NPC.esp
60  CM Partner Liana.esp
61  kgt_Avve.esp
62  Ace's Warlock Gear.esp
63  HTBNeoSGOutfitsRedone.esp
64  Apachii_Goddess_Store.esp
65  Companion Neeshka.esp
66  Andragorn_Weapons_Armors.esp
67  KDCirclets.esp
68  KDClothCirclets.esp
69  Apachii_Wigs_MaleFemale.esp
6A  CM Partners Extra NPCs.esp
6B  Companion_Ab_Human_4.esp
6C  CM Partners Special NPCs.esp
6D  CM Partners Marker NPCs.esp
6E  1SB_LethalMajestyOutfit.esp
6F  DFSLoutfits.esp
70  Neo's LandCH.esp
71  CuteElf11.esp  [Version 1.3.5]
72  DAValeriaCuteElf.esp
**  OCO_DLCHorseArmor_Patch.esp
**  OCO_DLCOrrery_Patch.esp
++  OCO_DLCMehrunesRazor_Patch.esp
**  OCO_DLCThievesDen_Patch.esp
++  OCO_KvatchRebuilt_Patch.esp
**  OCO_KnightsOTN_Patch.esp
73  DFSLLatexDream.esp
74  PotionReplacer.esp
75  Companion Neeshka OCO Nord.esp
76  GizmodianEclipseResource.esp
77  strotisWillOWispLights.esp
78  GizmodianEclipseWarlock.esp
79  Driftwood.esp
7A  Sinbloods_Nightweave_HGEC.esp
**  All Natural - Indoor Weather Filter For Mods.esp  [Version 1.38]
++  Cobl Filter Late MERGE ONLY.esp  [Version 1.53]
7B  Bashed Patch, 0.esp

I'm not sure if it is helpful, but I've had to stop several optional questlines part-way through because they seem to be causing errors.  I will get deep into the quests and start with a lot of CTD problems.

Going back an hour or two and starting from an old save (then NOT resuming the quest lines) seems to improve things.

This happened on the Castle Dunkelore quest lines, Hoarfrost Castle quest lines, Kvatch Rebuilt, and Ruined Tail's Tale.

26 minutes ago, Sladen2019 said:

Did you take any of the advice at all in your previous thread ? Still using your same old character and saves ?

People that ignore advice given to them and continue to ask for advice and assistance tend to get ignored.

No.  I started a completely new character from scratch.  LOL...I didn't want to, but I knew I really didn't have much choice.  I even reduced the total number of mods before running BOSS and rebuilding a new bash patch for the new character.

I have a completely clean Oblivion with SI in a separate location on my hard drive.  And I really, really don't want to have to scrap everything and go with that.  But this is my third run-through and I keep getting to around level 10-12 ( maybe 60-100 hours...I take my time and enjoy playing when it works) before CTDs become somewhat unreasonable and I can't figure out the cause.

Since you cannot get ENBoost to work, you should give Oblivion Reloaded a try. It has an excellent memory feature. Specifically MemoryManagement =1 in OblivionReloaded.ini under [Main]. It also has an additional memory purger feature that you can use, but you may or may not need it. I don't need it for my install. These days it comes with some extra features that you may or may not want to use. They can be disabled. Here is a good article on everything it does.

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/articles/44296

When you make a save, try to do it in small interior areas that have minimal activity going on. Do not make or load quick saves. When it is saving, make sure the light on your pc/laptop isnt blinking before moving on. If you die, do not load a save game again in that same game. Close Oblivion and reopen it to try again. Loading saves more than once in the same game is not advised for modded installs.

2 minutes ago, Sladen2019 said:

Since you cannot get ENBoost to work, you should give Oblivion Reloaded a try. It has an excellent memory feature. Specifically MemoryManagement =1 in OblivionReloaded.ini under [Main]. It also has an additional memory purger feature that you can use, but you may or may not need it. I don't need it for my install. These days it comes with some extra features that you may or may not want to use. They can be disabled. Here is a good article on everything it does.

https://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/articles/44296

When you make a save, try to do it in small interior areas that have minimal activity going on. Do not make or load quick saves. When it is saving, make sure the light on your pc/laptop isnt blinking before moving on. If you die, do not load a save game again in that same game. Close Oblivion and reopen it to try again. Loading saves more than once in the same game is not advised for modded installs.

Thank you, I will definitely look into oblivion reloaded.

Can I use Oblivion Reloaded with this latest character's save games, or would I need to start another new game?

Is this memory manager you are talking about similar to purging cell buffers with the console command?

You can use it with your current games just fine. The memory feature I was referring to is differnt than purging cells. It does also come with a purge feature that I do not use/need. Its explained in that article. The article mentions Game Boost and Darn UI, They are optional. I use neither of them myself. I disabled most of ORs features. I just use it for its graphics and memory management. The article also mentions using older versions. The current latest is 70. You can use 7.0 if you dont use the mod called Enhanced Camera.

5 minutes ago, Sladen2019 said:

You can use it with your current games just fine. The memory feature I was referring to is differnt than purging cells. It does also come with a purge feature that I do not use/need. Its explained in that article. The article mentions Game Boost and Darn UI, They are optional. I use neither of them myself. I disabled most of ORs features. I just use it for its graphics and memory management. The article also mentions using older versions. The current latest is 70. You can use 7.0 if you dont use the mod called Enhanced Camera.

OK, thank you again!

So, the graphic features of OR just enhance things like QTP and other texture packs?  They don't conflict with each other?  And reading the information, I will probably disable OR weather because I use all Natural, etc.

Archived