Sexout Forum Suggestions Box (not a mod request thread)

So, we have a Sexout wiki now. Get involved! Start adding stuff! It’s not a contributor-only party!

In the same spirit, I’m creating this thread to collect suggestions on how to improve the Sexout community in terms of having information easily available, both here & on the wiki. Mind you, this is NOT about suggesting ideas for mods. At all.

What we are looking for are suggestions on how to make the sexout community more user-friendly. And saying we need friendlier modders ain’t gonna cut it ;)

There’s a lot of information right here, but it easily gets buried under an avalanche of new posts and threads. Also, some information is not here, stuff to do with basic techniques and knowledge you need to end up with a playable, fully modded game. Information that most modders tend to take for granted and often don’t consider their problem because they have other things going on. (Guilty as charged here.) WTF is a FOMM, for instance, and how do you use it?

Thinking of helping out but don’t know how? A couple of ideas:

- Do you know of a few simple tutorials for basic usage of programs like FOMM, BOSS, FNVEdit, etc? Something not too scary for a beginner? Let us know in this thread.

- Similarly, if there’s anything else that we can link to – basic tips to mod your own game like not installing steam to your program files folder or not using FNVEdit’s masterupdate anymore – please point it out.

- If some information is not easily digestible, maybe you’re thinking of writing a small tutorial of your own? Announce your intentions and/or results right here.

- A lot of the time, trying to help people in the tech support section winds down to telling them to install the correct NVSE. (Tsssk! :dodgy:) Other times though, things get complicated and it takes a while before someone pinpoints the problem and suggests a lifesaver solution. All of that gets buried over time and we end up doing it all over. What a waste! Clever tips & tricks, do’s & don’ts – let’s collect them.

- Other stuff you’ll no doubt let us know about. Right? Your suggestions may end up in the faq, the how to install sexout thread, the wiki, wherever they’ll be the most useful. I’ll try to keep the next post here up to date with stuff already covered or stuff that needs more attention.

Well a while back I wrote this brief suggestion thread. Its got links to all the popular programs (FOMM, FNVEdit, BOSS, and a few others) and some other stuff. Its actually posted twice, once in General Discussion and once in Sexout Tech Support. If its not as helpful as I thought it would be and being ignored for a reason, please let me know so I stop pointing people to it.

Well a while back I wrote this brief suggestion thread. Its got links to all the popular programs (FOMM' date=' FNVEdit, BOSS, and a few others) and some other stuff. Its actually posted twice, once in General Discussion and once in Sexout Tech Support. If its not as helpful as I thought it would be and being ignored for a reason, please let me know so I stop pointing people to it.

[/quote']

It is handy - the mod clinic link for instance, very useful. When it comes to making things more clear for total noobs, however, I don't know if suggesting the entire 160+-page FNVEdit manual is quite the thing. All a non-modder needs to know is how to resolve conflicts, & there's stuff in there about masterupdate etc that's just NA.

But please, don't think I've put this thread up to supersede or compete with your thread, the faq, the wiki, or anything else we have out. It's just a place for users to report what we might be missing, what could be be done better, etc - especially from the POV of total beginners - and hopefully for users to feel invited to help out a bit too on this side of the fence. :)

I suggest we also look into zilch :)

Yep, zilch too. Leave no stone unturned :P