Navigating LL for Newcomers (and Others)

I have chosen to place this in a thread because I have had many requests to do so. All that I am placing here are my links to the five posts that make up my blog. You can now comment on it here or in the blog per se.

As I state in the blog, it's purpose is to give people the information that I wish that I had when I first came to LoversLab (LL). It is by no means comprehensive. It should answer most of your common questions about the site.

I.    Introducion and Rules

This post deals with some basics about LL including the site's Rules (yes, there ARE rules).

II.   Loading a Specific Mod

This post walks you through a method of downloading a file once you've decided on what mod you want.

III.  The Fine Art of Lurking

This post describes how to find various things (forums, threads, downloads, answers to questions, etc.) with the emphasis on "do-it-yourself."

IV.  Posting

This post is divided into three sections: Technical, Tips and Advice (T&A) and Parody. The first section should walk you through what you need to actually make a post and to take advantage of some of LL's features. The next section gives specific advice (based on my experience) on things that you should bear in mind when posting (includes a brief section devoted to the non-native English speaker). The final section is a Parody. It is a (hopefully humorous) listing of things that you should NOT do when posting. The material is based on cringeworthy posts I, and others, have read over the years.

V.   Profiling and Miscellany

This post deals with discovering how to achieve some of the effects you see others use. It also introduces you to the information found on your very own profile. Finally, it covers some odds and ends that have no other clear place for discussion.

So, I hope that you find it useful. Feel free to add your own tips and, since this was specifically mentioned in a request, add your own lines to the Parody section (in the Comments, of course). ☺️

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...

There are some details i had missed. Profile was made almost 2 years ago. I rarely used it. But the site layout is well done and it's nice to have a guide. Download speeds are also good.

Anyway. Thank you for the guide.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi! I'm pretty new to this mod and still navigating it in the game. Is it possible to have a debug code of some sort where we can view the list of sims our sim had sex with? I just noticed that in my household, I left one of my sim at home and by the time I switched to her, she gained a sex moodlet for 24 hours. I know, it's a little control freak of me lol just that I have left the autonomy on so now I'm wondering if it works that way, like they randomly hook up with anyone when they're left to care for themselves.

By the way, I appreciate this mod a lot and the updates you keep working on ;)

4 minutes ago, Jnly4 said:

Hi! I'm pretty new to this mod and still navigating it in the game. Is it possible to have a debug code of some sort where we can view the list of sims our sim had sex with? I just noticed that in my household, I left one of my sim at home and by the time I switched to her, she gained a sex moodlet for 24 hours. I know, it's a little control freak of me lol just that I have left the autonomy on so now I'm wondering if it works that way, like they randomly hook up with anyone when they're left to care for themselves.

By the way, I appreciate this mod a lot and the updates you keep working on ;)

Thank you for your interest. However, you have posted in the incorrect location. Go back to the page where you downloaded the mod that you are commenting about. There, below the green "Download" button you will find a gray "Get Support" button. Clink on that. Then, type in your comment/question there just like you have here.

Good luck and have fun!

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, mancuskaj said:

Is there a setting somewhere to "Automatically follow topics I reply to?" I tend to forget to do that and might miss important replies.

No. But, if you go to the Activity button (upper right of the screen) and pull down the menu, Click on My Activity Streams to get another pull down menu and finally click on Content I Posted In, you can get the same result. It sounds like a lot but it becomes easy with repeated use.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...