On 2/19/2022 at 2:26 PM, drunken toad said:

Any chance you could provide 0.6.14 in the downloads? Only versions available are 0.6.19 and 0.6.20. I remember it used to be available, don't know if it was intentionally removed or not. 

Sure.  I just re-uploaded it.

It was originally there because of the non-con database, but I was under the impression that DB was being updated to stay in line with recent versions of my DB.  I wasn't aware anyone was still using/needing 0.6.14.

6 hours ago, Eadoo said:

It was originally there because of the non-con database, but I was under the impression that DB was being updated to stay in line with recent versions of my DB.  I wasn't aware anyone was still using/needing 0.6.14.

It should be updated for 0.6.20, as per the author's statements in their thread. So you are correct.

On 2/19/2022 at 5:26 PM, drunken toad said:

Any chance you could provide 0.6.14 in the downloads? Only versions available are 0.6.19 and 0.6.20. I remember it used to be available, don't know if it was intentionally removed or not. 

If you want it for noncon, the latest version of it works with 0.6.20.

Edited by Beef Cheeks
14 hours ago, Eadoo said:

Thank you, I was under that impression as well. But when I asked the author of noncon they still said the mod was based off 0.6.14

8 hours ago, Beef Cheeks said:

It should be updated for 0.6.20, as per the author's statements in their thread. So you are correct.

If you want it for noncon, the latest version of it works with 0.6.20.

Yeah I wanted it for noncon. I didn't see the author make a definitive statement anywhere about that though. When I asked the author a few days ago they said it was probably ok to use the newest version, I just want to make sure it's working as intended.

12 hours ago, drunken toad said:

Thank you, I was under that impression as well. But when I asked the author of noncon they still said the mod was based off 0.6.14

Yeah I wanted it for noncon. I didn't see the author make a definitive statement anywhere about that though. When I asked the author a few days ago they said it was probably ok to use the newest version, I just want to make sure it's working as intended.

Aha.  I originally asked that blurb be placed in the non-con description for this precise reason - allowing users to know which version of my DB was needed to make it work correctly.  The author of that DB was kind enough to place it and keep it there.  It is perhaps causing confusion now.  :)

On 2/22/2022 at 6:43 PM, drunken toad said:

Because of the design of the files, I don't think anything can necessarily break using conflicting versions. (You'll just possibly get text with the wrong context at worst)

It's just text files, and they don't affect the save so you can also swap them out between saves safely.

Edited by Beef Cheeks
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/4/2022 at 5:05 AM, aragonit said:

I just had a scene with extensive finger fucking. Still the apropos text was for dick fucking.

I don't know if there is a keyword in the scene, I am pretty sure it is though. and it would be awesome if the comments could reflect that.

Chances are this is a MF animation tagged Vaginal.  The closest thing to what you're asking for is the Handjob tag, which would be female servicing male.

If this is something that bugs you enough, you'll need to write a set of unique animation files specific to the animation.  If you do that, you can send it to me and I'll put out an updated version that includes it.

Edited by Eadoo
  • 3 months later...
3 hours ago, DuskWorlder said:

Is there any way to edit the periodic dialogue messages the Player Character says? Some of the lines I find to be unappealing and would wish to edit myself if I knew where to look

Sure.  The path to the database files is in your Skyrim directory, under /Data/Apropos/db.

19 hours ago, DuskWorlder said:

Thank you, this certainly helps! But which file contains them? Is it specific to an animation category or does the passive comments have a separate file like Synonyms and such?

I *think* you are talking about the WearTearIncreased and WearTearReduced series of files under FemaleActor.

• 1 month later...
On 11/25/2022 at 5:03 PM, lightspeed77 said:

its saying i need skyrim 1.9.32 to use....is there a previous version?

This is just a text DB; it's usable by any version of Apropos 2 you can get running.  Unfortunately, I can't help more than that; I haven't played any LE versions for years at this point (I'm on AE now).

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, PeachButt69 said:

Anyone know where the femaleActor folders for Babo animations and other animations are located in the database? I want to edit the them but I have no idea where they are. I just find only selected folders (like a folder for "AP Cowgirl" but no folder "AP Leg up fuck" )

Animations for which there is no UniqueAnimations mapping fall back to using the generic strings associated with the animation tags.  For instance, if there isn't a UniqueAnimations mapping and you're a female, your partner is a male, and the animation is tagged vaginal, you'll pull strings from the FemaleActor_Male/FemaleActor_Male_Vaginal.txt (and so on) files.

Got any femdom descriptions in here? Although I mainly work in creating for myself UniqueAnimation MaleActor_ descripts (for Anubs, Billys, Babos, and FunnyBiznes), I haven't found femdom descriptions that I can rely on to copypaste/edit just like I do with the provided generics.

• 2 months later...
On 3/9/2023 at 11:23 AM, DuskWorlder said:

How would one make custom descriptions for specific animations? There are quite a few out there now that don't really fit the existing descriptions and I have time to spare every now and then. A guide on how to do so would be appreciated. 

Roughly:

1.  Get the name of the animation Sexlab is using internally.  This isn't the same as the name in the SLAL MCM.  You can pick it out of the console when the animation starts, or grab it straight from the SLAL pack JSON.  An example here for one of the Gunslicer animations is "GS_GSDual03".

2.  Understand how many stages the animation has.  Again, this can be observed in-game using the console, or lifted from the JSON.

3.  Add an entry to UniqueAnimations.txt in the DB.  That should be straight-forward, just add a new entry with the value "true".

4.  Replicate one of the existing UniqueAnim directories in the DB.  They're in the DB as FemaleActor_<specificanimname>.  Rename those files to your animation's name and place your own content.

The above is assuming a lot, like you know how to open the console and interact with it, and that you know where the DB files are.  Let me know if you need further clarification.

5 hours ago, Eadoo said:

Roughly:

1.  Get the name of the animation Sexlab is using internally.  This isn't the same as the name in the SLAL MCM.  You can pick it out of the console when the animation starts, or grab it straight from the SLAL pack JSON.  An example here for one of the Gunslicer animations is "GS_GSDual03".

2.  Understand how many stages the animation has.  Again, this can be observed in-game using the console, or lifted from the JSON.

3.  Add an entry to UniqueAnimations.txt in the DB.  That should be straight-forward, just add a new entry with the value "true".

4.  Replicate one of the existing UniqueAnim directories in the DB.  They're in the DB as FemaleActor_<specificanimname>.  Rename those files to your animation's name and place your own content.

The above is assuming a lot, like you know how to open the console and interact with it, and that you know where the DB files are.  Let me know if you need further clarification.

I am familiar with both, thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, shiagwen said:

Do the widgets work with free camera ?

Did you made any texts for Billy ?

Free camera, as in 'tfc' free camera?  Yes, it does.

The design of this DB update specifically avoids creating content for specific animations, instead preferring to use animation tagging to determine what text to display.  There *are* some Billyy-specific texts present, but those were inherited from the original DB published with Apropos 2.