Sexbound Compatibility Mod for Make the universe a cuter place?

I find the vanilla eyes for all of the races awfully unattractive, so I installed the Make the universe a cuter place mod, which replaces them with anime-like eyes. However, when any of the races enter a sexbound animation, they instantly revert back to their vanilla eyes. Is there any mod that makes it so that this doesn't happen?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You can also just replace the head .png files in the sexbound api folder (artwork>humaniod>actor1 and artwork>humaniod>actor2) with the ones in the make the universe a cuterplace. It takes a bit of time to set up but it works fine once you've got it done. (You got to unpak the cuterplace mod if you don't have an unpaked version though.)

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, Quack's sake, you don't edit a pak file in notepad, that's just asking for the game to explode violently and the mod to never work.

. . . So, since people have... dodged the point, here;

>Tutorial on Config Editing for Sexbound and Plugins.

On the very tutorial, that very file and the line is shown, how its supposed to be. That's all.

If you REALLY wanna edit the Pak file itself, at the top you can see the download for Pakit, the tool to unpack and pack mods so you can see and edit the files-- Not notepad guys, please.

On 10/4/2019 at 2:00 PM, DeltaZone said:

There's also the issue with avain switching from its Harpy skin back to the default avian skin.

So, this isn't possible unless someone makes all animations with harpy-look for avians.

If you look at the tutorial, you can feel free to download the "Artwork" file, and you'll see we don't just take the human body magic up animations, they are hand-made sprites, which means any changes require more hand-made sprites. Not to burst anyone's bubble, just a pointer its not simply "Compatibility" code that makes it work, its actually a fair chunk of work on someone's part.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I recently downloaded this mod and keep getting the same error. Been fucking with it for a while and out of ideas. Here is the log.
Main problem causing crash is this: Exception caught in client main-loop
(AssetException) Path '/humanoid/avian//1.png' contains consecutive //, not allowed

It only appears when I have cuter place injected.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Edit: Finally figured it out. Just downloaded the version without the avian changes and now works like a charm!
Which is awesome as I really like the changes it makes. Namely, the females getting their own versions of clothes. I had no idea I had so many female crew members as they all look the damn same by default.

• 7 months later...

Some things to note, this method still works however you can't use the .PAK version of sexbound and need the SRC(which is the unpacked should be listed under the pak version). 

I tried changing that line in the PAK version using notepad and it only crashed my game, using the SRC version works just fine. You'll also have to get the version without the avian just like clandestined did. Those are really the only necessary steps just follow what the first guy said and go into sexbound.config, hit "CTRL+F" and search for 

"/artwork/<entityGroup>/<role>/<species>/head_<gender>.png",

and then swap it out to 

"/<entityGroup>/<species>/<gender>head.png",

Also if you already have the PAK version installed, you can just swap it out with the SRC version. Just make sure if you have winrar installed that you make a folder in the "mods" location in starbound with the same exact name as the winrar file SRC file which should be "starbound-sexbound-4.0.3-Beta.src". 

and also a side note, if you use SRC and go into "sxb_plugin.pregnant.config" and hit CTRL+F then search up for "useOSTimeForPregnancies" you can change that to false so that it doesn't take 7 IRL days for babies to born becuz that shit be wack yo.

• 1 month later...

if you know how to use gimp i would recommend just editing the way you want (which i have done but since i am to lazy to attempt to ask permission to the creator if i can post there mod that only has edits that change a lot of stuff...) EHEM anyway basically use gimp to edit the eyes to the way you want

? 

• 1 month later...
54 minutes ago, eusjen said:

This forum is confusing to me. The Sexbound file is in .pak, which I do not know anything about. I also cannot figure out how to find the files for the cute mod.

.pak files just go into the mods folder.

don't try to open them, unless you have a programm specifically for unpacking and repacking them (7zip/winrar don't work)

also, since the original post mentions the mod by name, you could try searching for it in the steam workshop