Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.2.9 (Fusion Girl / Bodytalk)

@Aylis or anyone else

Back when I last modded FO4 5 years ago, there was a mod that made the player character silent. No idea anymore what the name of the mod was.

What is the go-to solution these days when one does not want to hear the player characters voice (at all) and which is compatible with this guide?

Edited by Twycross448
fixed typos

@Twycross448The mod you are probably thinking of is Silent Protagonist. Their is a F4SE version of it now but I haven't used it so I don't know how well it works specifically with most mods. Since its a F4SE mod, theoretically it should be pretty compatible and the mod page does say so, so you could try it out and see.

Edited by LogTM
On 10/19/2023 at 5:47 PM, Aylis said:

Finally found a temporary(?) fix for the 'invisible corpses bug'. While 'ZEX-ZBG' works fine with living NPC, it gets confused when it tries to apply a body to an already existing corpse. I'll upload a fix 'til we get a better solution for the issue.

Is this one https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/76124?tab=description the mentioned fix?

It worked for me from lvl1 till lvl18, then invisible corpses appered once again.

Noticed that usually body appear when some armor pieces are removed. And I´m not using any armor which would go to "world distribution" and have not FG/BT3 bodyslides.

4 hours ago, willhelmcz said:

Is this one https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/76124?tab=description the mentioned fix?

It worked for me from lvl1 till lvl18, then invisible corpses appered once again.

Noticed that usually body appear when some armor pieces are removed. And I´m not using any armor which would go to "world distribution" and have not FG/BT3 bodyslides.

Right, it's a bug in LooksMenu's BodyGen feature. If you have BodyGen configured, you will see some corpses appear as just head/hands with the body entirely invisible. If they're wearing clothing, unequipping something can cause their body to get rendered. The fix Invictusblade devised is to have a script add and remove a dummy armor piece on all corpses when the player gets within range, but ultimately it needs to be fixed by the LooksMenu maintainer.

allo

thanks for what you did for us.

I have question about

While 'ZEX-ZBG' works fine with living NPC, it gets confused when it tries to apply a body to an already existing corpse. The uploaded file fixes the problem 'til we get a better solution for the issue.

ZeX-ZBG Modified.7z380 B · 127 downloads

Your modified folder is empty mean no scripts found as per the previously version , the one we change few lignes texte.  why ?

ZeX-ZBG Modified.7z

Is it normal for a plugins pane to look like this while following this guide? What's up with all of the plugins with lines through them? Should LooksMenu be one of them? I just want to make sure I'm on the right track. Tested f4se and it seems to be installed properly. I'm not a total noob to modding but it's been awhile and I don't remember seeing this. 

Screenshot 2023-12-18 065921.png

Edited by snuffyluffy
added pic
4 hours ago, snuffyluffy said:

Is it normal for a plugins pane to look like this while following this guide? What's up with all of the plugins with lines through them? Should LooksMenu be one of them? I just want to make sure I'm on the right track. Tested f4se and it seems to be installed properly. I'm not a total noob to modding but it's been awhile and I don't remember seeing this. 

The crossed out esl/esp or whatever are something from the latest update to mo2, and no I have no idea why, though it could be that those esp/esl are nothing but archival loaders not too sure, I have noticed that fnis.esp has a line through it in my load order, and the game is flaky as hell since mo2's update, might be worth taking a look at mo2's github page and nexus page to see if there are people reporting issues with this or at least getting a explanation of what the hell having those lines through those mods actually means and does.

There again there could be other issues with things, as I have noticed that attempting to load any high poly head preset into race menu, instantly crashes my game now, and I can not set the head part to the high poly head version either without crashing the game, though I am pretty sure that is something to do with me removing some of the mods I added to this list, and not keeping patches for them separate, rather than merging them into the main mods.

22 hours ago, Varithina said:

The crossed out esl/esp or whatever are something from the latest update to mo2, and no I have no idea why, though it could be that those esp/esl are nothing but archival loaders not too sure, I have noticed that fnis.esp has a line through it in my load order, and the game is flaky as hell since mo2's update, might be worth taking a look at mo2's github page and nexus page to see if there are people reporting issues with this or at least getting a explanation of what the hell having those lines through those mods actually means and does.

There again there could be other issues with things, as I have noticed that attempting to load any high poly head preset into race menu, instantly crashes my game now, and I can not set the head part to the high poly head version either without crashing the game, though I am pretty sure that is something to do with me removing some of the mods I added to this list, and not keeping patches for them separate, rather than merging them into the main mods.

Thank you Varinthia. I appreciate your detailed response. I got a less-than-helpful dismissive answer on discord. Kind of a "did you read the pop-up" response. Yes, I can read, but it doesn't mean I always understand the terminology or implications of the information. Anyways, I appreciate your time. 

13 hours ago, snuffyluffy said:

Thank you Varinthia. I appreciate your detailed response. I got a less-than-helpful dismissive answer on discord. Kind of a "did you read the pop-up" response. Yes, I can read, but it doesn't mean I always understand the terminology or implications of the information. Anyways, I appreciate your time. 

For MO2, the crossed-out plugins indicate a dummy plugin that contains no records and are usually there just to load scripts or archives based on my research when I first noticed it.

I have installed all mod in order. Game will run without these Five mods.

These five mods CTD:

37933 Settlement Repair Bot

33217 Settlement Tidy Bot

71754 Rebuild - AIO Part 1 – Previsibines

72030 Rebuild - Starlight Drive-In – Previsibines

35004 Workshop Framework - Script Override

ESL-Flagged ESP (Permission) is installed

ESM+ESPs = 239

ESLs = 422

Edited by Yrral
On 12/15/2023 at 8:28 PM, snuffyluffy said:

What does that mean?

Hey all, I'm still a little confused about this one. I want to ensure I've installed the texture packs correctly. The Mod description states

"Download all 15 zip Archives, unpack and
replace the original ba2 Files in your Data Folder."

18 minutes ago, snuffyluffy said:

Hey all, I'm still a little confused about this one. I want to ensure I've installed the texture packs correctly. The Mod description states

"Download all 15 zip Archives, unpack and
replace the original ba2 Files in your Data Folder."

If you're using a mod manager, just "installing" typical archived texture replacer mods will do exactly that for you automatically.