Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.2.9 (Fusion Girl / Bodytalk)

Update V 3.2.6

This is the sixth update to a complete rework of the guide. I'm (mostly) skipping 'Building' for now (have to look at it later) to get the more important parts in. As usual i try to reorganize the mods so they should be easier to find in the groups.

I'll also add a few performance and bug-preventing mods.

Mods to REMOVE

Spoiler

Textures

Proper Flyers and Posters                                                                                  Might cause CTD

Patches and Fixes

Invisible Empty Bottles and Glass Objects Fix                                                   Got something better

Ketaros Treasures                                                                                              Got replaced before

More Functional Tank (Static Mesh Replacer)                                                   Redundant

Radio Model Replacer                                                                                       Found a better one

Patch for Far Harbor - Normal Dialogue Prompts                                             Using XDI now

Patch for Far Harbor - Full Dialogue Prompts

Patch for Nuka World - Normal Dialogue Prompts

Patch for Nuka World - Full Dialogue Prompts

Scrappable pump arms no DLC                                                                         Not needed anymore

Working Postcard Display for Ketaros Treasures                                                                ''

World and Quests

Another Sanctuary Bridge                                                                                  Doesn't work with the guide.

Bridge from Far Harbor to Longfellow's Cabin                                                  Outdated

Better Goodneighbor                                                                                         Overcrowded and too many issues with other mods.

F4AIO Better Goodneighbor PatchBetter Third Rail - Previsibines and Fixes    Not needed anymore

Scavenger's Apartment                                                                                      Too many dirty edits and we already have a free place to stay

Door Fix for CC Neon Flats and Better Goodneighbor                                      Not needed anymore

Better Goodneighbor and Scavengers Appartment Patch                                                 ''

Diamond City Plus                                                                                              Got some brown faces and no fix.

Immersive Gunners Plaza                                                                                   Got some issues.

Red Rocket Starter                                                                                              Will get reworked

Revived Settlements - Oberland Station                                                            Got something better

Somerville Homestead                                                                                       Not needed anymore

Start-Me-Up - Starlight Drive-In                                                                         Will get reworked

Taffington Boathouse Renewal                                                                           Not needed anymore

Mods to ADD

Spoiler

F4SE

Baka Max Papyrus Ops

Base Object Swapper

Foundation

Subgroup: Fallout 4 HD Overhaul

↖️Optimization: Visuals                                                            Moved a few texture packs from Luxor in there.

↖️Optimization: Performance

↖️Optimax All in One

Textures

HD Chems Project - Buffout and RadX

HD Chems Project - Jet and Xcell

HD Chems Project - Psycho and MedX

Building

Better High Tech Lights                                                             Moved from 'Patches and Fixes' 

Furniture Repair Service                                                                                      ''

Patches and Fixes

CCC - Coffee and Donut Workshop - Fix and Overhaul

Charismatic Wedding Ring

Clean And Simple Weapon Collision Box Fix

Clean And Simple Weapon Collision Box Fix - SRS Patch

Fallout 4 AI Overhaul

Fast Travel Background Load AI Detection Fix

Gloomy Glass - All transparent materials revised

HD Chems Project and Immersive Animation Framework Patch

High FPS Physics Fix

IKAROS - The Eyes of Beauty Fallout Edition                                Renamed the IKAROS patches to have them all together.

IKAROS - BoS Female Knight Armor

IKAROS - CROSS Courser Strigidae

IKAROS - Institute Suit

IKAROS - Obi's Sportwear

IKAROS - Fusion Girl - RR Tekky Cat

IKAROS - Vtaw Wardrobe 1

IKAROS - Vtaw Wardrobe 4

IKAROS - World Wide Mercenary Gear Pack

Immersive PreWar Safe Loot

Long Loading Times Fix

Mesh Bounds Fix

MGEF Condition Bug Fix

Subgroup: CCC Start

↖️More Immersive Quest Start - Coffee and Donuts Workshop Pack

↖️More Immersive Quest Start - Prototype Gauss Rifle

↖️More Immersive Quest Start - Anti-materiel Rifle

No Forced Auto Rotation and Backward Positioning

NVIDIA Reflex Support

Quest Tags - FIS

Remove Hammering

Retro Radio Replacer

Roofsnap

Settlers at Hairdressers - Idle Conversations

Simple Offence Suppression

World and Quests

Rebuild - Shared Resources

Goodneighbor Expanded

Jagged's Third Rail

Better The Third Rail (standard) - Audio

Diamond City Supplements

The Fens Sheriff's Department - Bleachers 2

The Fens Sheriff's Department - Bleachers 2 - Textures

The Fens Sheriff's Dept - Vanilla DC Security

Rebuild - Workshop Standalone

Rebuild - Workshop Standalone - Auto Doors Patch

Rebuild - AIO

Rebuild - Longfellow's Bridge

Synthetic Player                                                                     Moved from 'Patches and Fixes'. Makes more sense here...

Note

'World' and 'Quests and World' are now merged. I was never too happy with the old setup as you had to go through two groups when looking for something. With the new 'Rebuild' a lot has changed for settlements. Easier to clean up and you actually get the feeling of rebuilding them. The OA got more in Far Harbor, but i have to get there and test them first.

Edited by Aylis
  • Aylis changed the title to Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.2.6 (Fusion Girl / Bodytalk)

Civilization returns...

Spoiler

Sanctuary

ScreenShot17.jpg.7e6d514f0579cb61d77ae3a45e28c2a8.jpg

One house...

ScreenShot15.jpg.7fc340cf31d591090e96203ee517fd8b.jpg

after another.

ScreenShot16.jpg.9ae766c2803d73c0c4f813b7d84b2ad5.jpg

Room...

ScreenShot14.jpg.28148e46df8318a87ae7655aec5021d7.jpg

by...

ScreenShot13.jpg.0f8ec4972e4cdf4daa517fe300b44a88.jpg

room.

ScreenShot18.jpg.0cbe1a6447c3858daf8a5f47e75ca7b6.jpg

The screenshots were taken with the Optimax textures (1K). As long as you don't get too close they work fine. But close-up you can see the difference to Luxor's texture pack (like the fine grain in wooden textures).

Got to check on the hunting rifle. Maybe it was just a glitch, but it looked 'exploded' in the hands of an NPC. On the ground, in the inventory and in use everything is fine. We'll see... Seems to have been a mistake. Several other hunting rifles have been fine.

I'll be switching over to 'SIG MCX Virtus'. Less files to download and the weapon is good.

The following mods are very good and will be added. Thanks for the suggestion. ?

Bastion - A Power Armor Overhaul

Bastion Armor - Penetration - Munitions Ammo Expansion Project (RobCo Patcher)

Deadeye

Deadeye - Munitions - RobCo Patch

Direct Hit

The OA got some other mods i'll check out too.

Found a few bugs, working on solutions for them.

Tank and APC working now (had a mismatch).

Pipe guns fixed.

Checking for problematic Previsibines. 3 of 5 checked (the last two are harder to find. I only remember the general area).

Added a warning to 'Organized Vendors'. It sounded nice but can become a nightmare if you need to buy ressources.

I'll add 'Subgroup: Enhanced Commonwealth'.

Spoiler

The mods here are optional. They will enhance the visuals but will cost some FPS.

PAC - AIO

A Forest

A Forest - Pine Trees Redone Patch

Fixed the marshmellow body for male NPC.

This looks way better now.

'PAC - AIO' works very nicely. I didn't notice any form of FPS hit, but i'll add it to 'Subgroup: Enhanced Commonwealth' to be on the safe side.

Edited by Aylis

Red Rocket is coming along.

Spoiler

ScreenShot23.jpg.196ae875b84d93f818f3a12ee9ed6730.jpgScreenShot24.jpg.7c0a792f56bbd0e5f50c392df0c63ed3.jpg

In Boston

Spoiler

ScreenShot21.jpg.fc54a43314f21a4eff5950357bc1837e.jpg

I was very hesitant to add all of the lighting mods for the city. They do work much better than i thought they would.

Checking out Goodneighbor.

Spoiler

ScreenShot26.jpg.1707c39dc129bc569e06f21494fa4e04.jpg

Last gen 2 Synth

Spoiler

The landscape should be fine now. I was running around for days now and couldn't find the last broken spots i prevously had..

LaM Railroad/FO4 got a problem with hats.

Spoiler

ScreenShot27.jpg.79883f408b0f5ceac49484e1f8fc6379.jpg

I'm working on a fix for that (or a work.around). 'Refined Railroad Clothing' should fix the railroad, but i want to see if i find something that fixes all issues with hats.

O.o

This bug seems to be in the game since 2016... And there seems to be no simple fix to download. The only useful thing i found was a tutorial how to fix the hair.

Spoiler

Got to see if i can create a patch for (some of ?) the hairstyles.

Looking at the hair there seem to be some double entries (the mods overlap) and the ones that come with accessoires are problematic. So first i have to make some 'invisible' for the creation of the PC (i'll not remove them in case a mod needs the files).

The replacer of the 'Synth Gen 2' with IKAROS doesn't work. Too bad...

The 'Synth Power Armor' on the other hand is great (and the captured one shows up in the Railroad HQ).

Spoiler

Edited by Aylis
4 hours ago, Aylis said:

Oooops. I've been (accidently) playing without it. No issues so far...

Anyway, thank you for the reminder. I'll add it (in F4SE) with the next update.

Funnily enough, I was just at the beginning of remaking my Fallout4-Modlist before you updated your guide again and - as I started learning/working with mods through your skyrim modlist (again big thanks to you) - I took a look at it to compare to mine.

Aaaaaand I noticed I also used Base Object Swapper without the Baka Framework. Guess I've just read "Baka.." in the requirements and thought it meant scraphead. And it also worked fine. So I don't know, too, why it is required. Maybe something with those enhanced script hooks etc. for cleaning? Welp, doesn't seem to harm other mods, so why not.

2 hours ago, 1001nights said:

Guess I've just read "Baka.." in the requirements and thought it meant scraphead.

Sounds so familiar... ?

Weapons should be finished now. I'll run more tests and hopefully the exploded weapons (aka floating weapon parts) are finally gone. It was very irritating as the affected weapons worked around 50% of the time perfectly.

Edited by Aylis

I'm using for all my last playthroughs (well, till I get bored and start modding again) these vault textures: Dark Sci Fi Vault. Nice vibes, maybe as optional? And for Ikaros-Themed android Idroid Service fits pretty well -  never had problems with it. Just had to edit some left-over chinese string files, but easy with xEdit.

Oh and Arcade Terminals is also a must have for me in every "recreational area" of my settlements.

Edited by 1001nights

Real.AI is a gamechanger. Now you have to be more careful in the Commonwealth as the enemies get much harder. You'll be surprised how much NPC can do now. Thankfully friendlies are now enhaced too so you get a more dangerous but more realistic experience.

Last gun causing issues is the shotgun. The barrel separated from the stock is not a nice view. Almost all pipe weapons are gone now as i found other replacer for them. Low level enemies still get some working weapons. 

Dark Sci Fi Vault and Arcade Terminals will end up as optionals. The first one isn't my cup of tea and i do own the 'Arcade Workshop, so i don't need the second one. Idroid Service is a no-go. If you have to edit it then it will need support. Nope, not me...

Tested a new hairstyle (and the patch). It does look nice.

Spoiler

ScreenShot30.jpg.8fcefcc112004444d11e9b23d462e84c.jpg

But even with the patch some headwear still clips. But if i can seehow that was done it will help me.

So far i got 130 mods that have ESP that can be flagged as ESL. The 37 with permission i'll upload now:

ESL-Flagged ESP (Permission).7z

For the rest i have to check permissions first (so there will be an update to the file when i get to that).

Edited by Aylis
37 minutes ago, Mindgames265 said:

not sure if this was what you were using for the ikaros synth gen 2.0 conversion, but it if wasn't might be helpful Ikaros synth gen 2.0 replacer patch

I was using c99-Ikaros-SynthGen2.

Maybe i made a mistake somewhere... I'll give the mod a second chance later on.

Added an info to more mods that can be flagged as ESL.

Atm i'm down to the combined total of ESM and ESP of 191. This might still change, but there will be room for around 50-60 mods with an ESM/ESP that can still be installed when i'm done.

Edited by Aylis

I don't know if it's deliberately (didn't check this guide for a time), but the Link for ECO leads to the old version, ECO redux is the new one (old patches not compatible). The old one still works though.

Regarding Idroid Service: completely forgot that you also provide real "customer-support" here, that would be really too much. But for your personal walkthrough I can only recommend it, really atmospheric and well thought.

Some new observations: I am totally in love with lightweight lighting. Before that I used ELFX and UEL, and without creating my own xEdit-Patch there were always issues. And it really doesn't have to hide behind those two, it looks really good, just less direct shadows. And you can use TrueStorms with it (needs a patch though). Stable 60fps with it on 3440x1440, even in Boston. ELFX and UEL tanked harder.

Oh and if you use Nvidia-Reflex, newcomers should know to change the HighFPSPhysicsFix.ini to EnableVSync = false and AllowTearing = true, and the NVIDA_Reflex.ini to bUseFPSLimit = true. Saw too many comments on that modpage who just didn't get it right.

Update V 3.2.7

This is the seventh update to a complete rework of the guide. Mostly bugfixes and bugprevention.

Mods to REMOVE

Spoiler

NPC

Nomads (Wandering Settlers and Lost Robots)                        Obvious (damaged) Gen2 Synths as settlers? Nope, not with all the hate against them.

Override

Look At Me - Railroad Edition                                                   Terrible hairclipping with the previously added NPC replacer.

Recruitable Settlers                                                                    Causes too many breaks in previsibines. I really hate to remove it, but it got too many issues... 

Recruitable Settlers - Far Harbour                                             Not needed anymore

Mods to ADD

New file

ESL-Flagged ESP (Permission).7z

Edited by Aylis
  • Aylis changed the title to Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.2.7 (Fusion Girl / Bodytalk)
On 11/9/2023 at 7:09 PM, Aylis said:

Update V 3.2.7

This is the seventh update to a complete rework of the guide. Mostly bugfixes and bugprevention.

Mods to REMOVE

Reveal hidden contents

NPC

Nomads (Wandering Settlers and Lost Robots)                        Obvious (damaged) Gen2 Synths as settlers? Nope, not with all the hate against them.

Override

Look At Me - Railroad Edition                                                   Terrible hairclipping with the previously added NPC replacer.

Recruitable Settlers                                                                    Causes too many breaks in previsibines. I really hate to remove it, but it got too many issues... 

Recruitable Settlers - Far Harbour                                             Not needed anymore

Mods to ADD

New file

ESL-Flagged ESP (Permission).7z 1.82 MB · 11 downloads

Hi. Are you planning to move your build to torrent? So that you can just download and install for 10 min, instead of going to nexus and spend all day installing and customizing mods.

12 hours ago, vlastilin02 said:

Hi. Are you planning to move your build to torrent? So that you can just download and install for 10 min, instead of going to nexus and spend all day installing and customizing mods.

No.

Upload permission

You are not allowed to upload this file to other sites under any circumstances

DON't Upload this mod Anywhere Else It's only For Nexus

Found a major issue:

CWSS is causing CTD. The 2D parts of it can crash your game without a chance for recovery. Seems to be an issue with the '*_n.dds' (which seem to be problematic with a few mods out there). Sadly i have no idea how to fix this, or even if this can be fixed, so i'll have to remove the mod.

Darn, this is one of the mods i like and have been using since it came out. 

I'll flag it in the guide for now (Done) and search for alternatives.

Should you have it installed i strongly recommend to remove it (and clean your savegame with 'FallRim Tools').

Edited by Aylis
3 minutes ago, Aylis said:

Found a major issue:

CWSS is causing CTD. The 2D parts of it can crash your game without a chance for recovery. Seems to be an issue with the '*_n.dds' (which seem to be problematic with a few mods out there). Sadly i have no idea how to fix this, or even if this can be fixed, so i'll have to remove the mod.

I'll flag it in the guide for now and search for alternatives.

I have been having that problem too. There are some comments around the web about it, and they suggest just reinstalling it. I downloaded a fresh copy in case it got corrupted. It hasn't crash since, but I don't have a lot of game time to reference. I think it crashes after my PC showers. Like, shower and then sleep, crash on wake. Shower and then fast travel, crash.

@annanymus

Thanks, i'll give it a shot.

Would hate to loose this mod too.

Without using the tiles it is working fine so far. Now i've got to check those...

----------------------------------------------------

You don't want to know how much concrete, steel and wood ended up in the start of my main base (out of concrete again?).

Spoiler

ScreenShot36.jpg.ef9b54e82cce5534b2ac0c95dacd7fe6.jpgScreenShot31.jpg.53e8881d7ad66dbb2b93d8870c517adf.jpgScreenShot34.jpg.68be79b95d95c51dcc3125262bf3bf81.jpgScreenShot35.jpg.d98c1ed2e48f2c98870abde59a0d4f70.jpg

As you can see black, red-brown and red are my favourite colors...

Edited by Aylis
17 hours ago, Aylis said:

Found a major issue:

I'll flag it in the guide for now (Done) and search for alternatives.

Should you have it installed i strongly recommend to remove it (and clean your savegame with 'FallRim Tools').

FIX
Buffout 4 > config.toml > CreateTexture2D = false   # Warns when a call to CreateTexture2D fails

Vanilla Reanimation Project - Plasma Gun (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/72890?tab=bugs)
Obi's Sportwear (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/74024?tab=bugs)
Nuka Cola Stickers (Ketaros Addon)

The plugin contains records that have FormIDs outside those allowed for the ESL-plugin. Using this plugin will permanently damage your game saves.

Edited by YDRAGON

@YDRAGON

Thanks for those informations. I'll remove the first two (changing the numbers didn't help).

No errors or problems with the 'Nuka Cola Stickers'.

The 2K textures look quite different, but should be better than Optimax. I'll add them as another option and keep the 1K for potatoes. ?  

6 hours ago, YDRAGON said:

Vanilla Reanimation Project - Plasma Gun (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/72890?tab=bugs)
Obi's Sportwear (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/74024?tab=bugs)
Nuka Cola Stickers (Ketaros Addon)

The plugin contains records that have FormIDs outside those allowed for the ESL-plugin. Using this plugin will permanently damage your game saves.

I made the Plasma Gun animation into an ESPFE if you are interested. When I looked, it seems I had disabled the esl, probably because of the same warning. According to permissions, I can't upload it, but if you know of a way to share...

Or I can explain the steps.

I don't use Obi's, but it appears to be the same issue, so it would have the same steps to correct.