Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.2.9 (Fusion Girl / Bodytalk)

@annanymus

Thanks, but i'll remove the two mods. Makes no sense if they could cause issues later on.

Weapons are now completely reworked. Almost all weapons (except some special ones) got a replacer. With some the single mods will be gone and a weapon pack used instead. Sadly my favourite sniper rifle, the 'GM6 Lynx', is still gone and its replacement didn't get the promised update.

But there will be some new weapons coming up. The 'Glock 19' is finally fixed. But 'Tactical Reload' and all the replacer can be a volatile mix. Add then all the patches on top of that and it gets very interesting indeed. Fix one gun and another, previously working, gun suddenly causes problems.

27 minutes ago, Aylis said:

@annanymus

Thanks, but i'll remove the two mods. Makes no sense if they could cause issues later on.

Weapons are now completely reworked. Almost all weapons (except some special ones) got a replacer. With some the single mods will be gone and a weapon pack used instead. Sadly my favourite sniper rifle, the 'GM6 Lynx', is still gone and its replacement didn't get the promised update.

But there will be some new weapons coming up. The 'Glock 19' is finally fixed. But 'Tactical Reload' and all the replacer can be a volatile mix. Add then all the patches on top of that and it gets very interesting indeed. Fix one gun and another, previously working, gun suddenly causes problems.

Agreed. I just did it to see if I could.

I notice you are still using the old ECO with all the patches. Have you checked out the redux? With RobCo patcher, it updates all the weapons and armor so you don't need separate patches. At least, that's what I think the description says. Seems to work for me.

ECO is part of the weapons group (aka the part i'm working on right now).

Ammo production is a bit wonky atm. Have to find out what is the cause of it.

Spoiler

ScreenShot37.jpg.010f23c594e87416b884273a60776004.jpg

And as usual one of the companions is photobombing...

'Disk Cache Enabler' (should end up in 'F4SE') is somewhat strange. For some it works fine, here it doesn't do much. Looks like it is very dependent on your system to make a noticable difference.

Edited by Aylis
9 hours ago, Aylis said:

ECO is part of the weapons group (aka the part i'm working on right now).

Ammo production is a bit wonky atm. Have to find out what is the cause of it.

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot37.jpg.010f23c594e87416b884273a60776004.jpg

And as usual one of the companions is photobombing...

'Disk Cache Enabler' (should end up in 'F4SE') is somewhat strange. For some it works fine, here it doesn't do much. Looks like it is very dependent on your system to make a noticable difference.

It made a significant performance difference for me (mostly eliminated hitching/stutter when running or panning the camera), but in my case I'm using over 700 installed mods with tons of loose texture and mesh files. If you aren't using nearly that many mods or religiously archive everything that's loose, it's probably less noticeable.

@vaultbait

I'm close to 850 mods atm. Got a few more to recruit settlers... Although mods with loose files should be relatively low.

Weapons eem to be finally fine. Ran through several areas and no errors popped up anymore. Got to see if i can reduce some drops (three Barret in one smaller location is a bit much), but the replacer work otherwise as intended. Guess i can finally get to the next update (tomorrow or the day after). I have to check the guards in Goodneighbor if they get along with the new SMG replacer. They held up an empty hand with the MP5 replacer and it looked silly.

7 hours ago, vaultbait said:

It made a significant performance difference for me (mostly eliminated hitching/stutter when running or panning the camera), but in my case I'm using over 700 installed mods with tons of loose texture and mesh files. If you aren't using nearly that many mods or religiously archive everything that's loose, it's probably less noticeable.

you can pack your loose files with cathedral asset optimizer into a new bsa2-archive. I do that with all my permanent mods whom I don't want to change and if i want to, I can still just overwrite them with loose-files or load a new esp with corresponding bsa2-archive after the CAO-files. I've got a damn beefy pc and but even I noticed a significant performance boost after I packed my textures into a new archive. (in MO2, in settings under "workarounds ->experimental" you can check the option "enable archive parsing" to see overwritten files in bsa2-archives, otherwise you can't see that)

8 minutes ago, 1001nights said:

you can pack your loose files with cathedral asset optimizer into a new bsa2-archive. I do that with all my permanent mods whom I don't want to change and if i want to, I can still just overwrite them with loose-files or load a new esp with corresponding bsa2-archive after the CAO-files. I've got a damn beefy pc and but even I noticed a significant performance boost after I packed my textures into a new archive. (in MO2, in settings under "workarounds ->experimental" you can check the option "enable archive parsing" to see overwritten files in bsa2-archives, otherwise you can't see that)

Sure, my main concern (particularly with texture replacers) is when you're compositing lots of them it's hard to tell which files in BA2 archives are shadowing which others, while with loose files it's quite obvious.

22 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Sure, my main concern (particularly with texture replacers) is when you're compositing lots of them it's hard to tell which files in BA2 archives are shadowing which others, while with loose files it's quite obvious.

yeah that's why wrote about that "enable archive parsing"-thing in MO2. Didn't even know it existed and with that option turned on you can see which bsa2-files are overwritten by which texture and from what plugin, regardless if it is from a bsa2-archive loaded after or loose files.

17 minutes ago, Bigglsby said:

@Aylis

In case you haven't seen, the author of Cridowskin has a new skin designed ground up for FG/Seamless HPF, that installs a bit cleaner and may be worth looking at.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/76049

Works pretty good for me, better wrist/ankle seams, same limited neck seam as is always the case with FO4 though.. even with seamless HPF

Agreed, I've been using it for a bit and it looks good.

Didn't work out for me. For two days i tried to get it working and always ended up with a darker brown face...

I know exactly why this happens, but was unable to find the exact cause. The old version on the other hand works flawlessly. No visible seam at all.

The 'Grease Gun' works only 50% of the time and definitely not as a replacer. The very old 'Defense Gun' still works fine in 2023, and with the unofficial patch it also replaces a few pipe guns.

The 'Sig MCX Virtus' is not an option. Appears way too often, upgrades have no skill requirements and sells for worlds too much. I slightly upgraded mine and no trader in the game has enough to pay for it (40+K caps).

And, as Starfield shows, Bethesda still got no clue how weapons work (like the revolver who needs 'space magic' to get the bullet into the barrel).

'Transfer Settlements' works nicely, but you have to rebuild the location first. Otherwise you won't find the object to trigger the repairs anymore (it will get nuked during the transfer). And no, rebuilt locations are not stored in the blueprint.

Starlight Drivein (Beta 2)

Almost 1200 placed objects and i made 10 level just building this (and its not fully decorated yet). First pics, although the download is more finished, can be found in my post here.

F4SE.7z

Edited by Aylis

Collecting links

Spoiler

Disk Cache Enabler

Ashtray - Replacer

Bag of Cement Retexture

Baseball Glove - Replacer

Tea Kettle - Replacer

The Eyes of Beauty Fallout Edition - Remastered                      Updating link.

Loveless Fusion Girl Bodyslide Preset                                        Better than my own preset.

Squat Sneak - Vanilla

Gunner Armor Expansion

Gunner Armor Expansion - Fusion Girl Bodyslide Files

Teddies 76 - A Mr. Fuzzy mod

Teddies 76 - A Mr. Fuzzy mod - Fusion Girl Bodyslide Files

Synth Power Armor - Courser Replacer Patch

Good Neighbor - Main Menu

Spoiler

Pickman has Talent - Painting Replacer

Auto Door DLC Patch

Better Armory Mod (BAM) - Weapon Racks and More

Decoration Appreciation

Generator - Fusebox-Powerbox with 3-5-10 and 100 energy

Guard Post Markers (plus Guards Display Weapons Fix)

Half Wall Additions

Half width shack walls

Interior Shack Doorway

Interior Shack Doorway - Plank Wall

Less shitty industrial wall lights

Lovers Luxury bed - The Lady Killer (Plain - MY Bed)

Radiation Cleaning

Sanctuary Sliding Pocket n Closet Doors                                 Have to be placed manually, no snapping.

Shacks walls with windows

Vault 88 Power Connectors with more Range

Vault 88 Railings

Vault 88 Room Corners Plus

Vault 88 Room Corners Plus - Unlocked

Vault Door FIXED

Vault-Tec DLC - AROD Water Purifier

Vault-Tec DLC - Snappable Vault Floor-mats

Vault-Tec Workshop Overhaul Redux (VTWOR)

Wall Mounted Magazine Shelf

Workshop Decorations Pack

Workshop Junk Wall Pack

Workshop Snapping Clothes Rail

Caves Of The Commonwealth 1.2

Combat Zone Restored - Restored

LarannKiar Recruitment Pack

?Select the separate mods you like (see description of the mod) and delete their BA2.

NOT to be used.

'America Rising 2 - Legacy of the Enclave' breaks previsibines in several locations. In addition there are conflicts with the FSD as both modify the same railroad safehouse for their questline.

Edited by Aylis

Update V 3.2.8

Primarily 'Building' but also a few updates and fixes.

Mods to REMOVE

Spoiler

PC

Aylis Body Preset                                                                         Outdated

Physics and Animation

Vanilla Reanimation Project - Plasma Gun                                  Hidden errors that could cause issues.

Armor

Obi's Sportwear                                                                           Hidden errors that could cause issues.

Obi's Sportwear - Fusion Girl Bodyslide Files

Patches and Fixes

Flicker Fixer                                                                                 Breaks previsibines

IKAROS - Obi's Sportwear                                                           Not needed anymore

Weather and Lighting

Fallout 4 Enhanced Color Correction                                         Got something better

Mods to ADD

Spoiler

Textures

Ashtray - Replacer

Bag of Cement Retexture

Baseball Glove - Replacer

Tea Kettle - Replacer

PC

The Eyes of Beauty Fallout Edition - Remastered                      Updating link.

Subgroup: Skin replacer

↖️Darling Skin - Replacer

Loveless Fusion Girl Bodyslide Preset                                        Better than my own preset.

Physics and Animation

Squat Sneak - Vanilla

Armor

Gunner Armor Expansion

Gunner Armor Expansion - Fusion Girl Bodyslide Files

Teddies 76 - A Mr. Fuzzy mod

Teddies 76 - A Mr. Fuzzy mod - Fusion Girl Bodyslide Files

Power Armor

Synth Power Armor - Courser Replacer Patch

Sound

Good Neighbor - Main Menu

Override

Pickman has Talent - Painting Replacer

Wild Plants Drop Normal food

Building

Auto Door DLC Patch

CWSS CTD Fix

Decoration Appreciation

Do It Yourshelf - clutter for shelves and bookcases

Generator - Fusebox-Powerbox with 3-5-10 and 100 energy

Guard Post Markers (plus Guards Display Weapons Fix)

Half Wall Additions

Half width shack walls

Interior Shack Doorway

Interior Shack Doorway - Plank Wall

Less shitty industrial wall lights

Lovers Luxury bed - The Lady Killer (Plain - MY Bed)

Radiation Cleaning

Sanctuary Sliding Pocket n Closet Doors                                 Have to be placed manually, no snapping.

Shacks walls with windows

Vault 88 Power Connectors with more Range

Vault 88 Railings

Vault 88 Room Corners Plus

Vault 88 Room Corners Plus - Unlocked

Vault Door FIXED

Vault-Tec DLC - AROD Water Purifier

Vault-Tec DLC - Snappable Vault Floor-mats

Vault-Tec Workshop Overhaul Redux (VTWOR)

Wall Mounted Magazine Shelf

Workshop Decorations Pack

Workshop Junk Wall Pack

Workshop Snapping Clothes Rail

World

Caves Of The Commonwealth 1.2

Combat Zone Restored - Restored

LarannKiar Recruitment Pack

?Select the separate mods you like (see description of the mod) and delete their BA2.

Weather and Lighting

RX9000 Color Correction

Final

Settlement Gardener Bot                                                       Moved from 'Building'.

Settlement Medic Bot

Settlement Police Bot

Settlement Repair Bot

Settlement Tidy Bot

Upload

Will (later) have to redo all the predone bodyslides as i changed the used body. For now i'll add here the ones for the new armors.

AFG - Gunner Armory Expansion.7z

AFG - Teddies 76.7z

If all goes well this should be the final version of the ESL flagged ESP.

ESL-Flagged ESP (Permission).7z

Note

Weapons are still problematic. I'm working on a different approach which will hopefully finally fix the exploded weapons...

Edited by Aylis
  • Aylis changed the title to Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.2.8 (Fusion Girl / Bodytalk)

How does Flicker Fixer breaks precombines? I used it in all my playthroughs and it only replaces some meshes without material swaps (which CAN <not always> break previs). You can even check it ingame and select with console a precombine with for example one of the brick houses and it shows you the PRID id, therefore existing precombine.

@1001nights

Ever been to Taffington Boathouse? You fall through the floor there...

And now make a guess which mod is changing meshes. ?

Starlight is getting...

Spoiler

The newly added greenhouse

ScreenShot44.jpg.77dde1ace44fd0b9604e575e1d43f70c.jpg

General store (have to work on the lights in there)

ScreenShot43.png.ac2e8b2855f7920470a15c2ea6296d81.png

Don't be on the receiving end... (Part of the weapon pack i'm testing)

Spoiler

ScreenShot42.jpg.bdc8c34be581eec37b4c5af322cd6bfb.jpg

Edited by Aylis

@1001nights

Its the ground floor. No matter what mod i used for that location (and there are a few) i'll end up in the water below.

Layout of this section is finished.

Spoiler

ScreenShot50.jpg.ea1d519c62eab815df143f3760e87be4.jpgScreenShot51.jpg.4ff5d3063f0803971bda5b277875e285.jpg

A few more screenies.

Spoiler

ScreenShot45.jpg.11be69a126dcebe7877f7d25fd446f2c.jpgScreenShot47.jpg.68e2432ab301e959637a53ab516bb4fc.jpgScreenShot48.jpg.790437e259534a6d60b6b01365da7aa3.jpg

If you want peace, prepare for war. Roughly 2000 years old proverb - sadly it is still valid.

ScreenShot49.jpg.7566d4d18e7a5161282587058d153537.jpg

Just had an attack with a dozen or so supermutants. Although they had the new (stronger) weapons of the weapon pack they didn't get through. Only one mutant dog got to the fence.  The overlapping firearcs of the turrets work wonders on agressors...

Edited by Aylis

Atm i'm not using any of the global lighting mods. Sadly the combination of 'Ikaros' and 'Pip-Boy Flashlights' causes problems.

Spoiler

Untitled.jpg.1002cf3ca2756d21e93b92928530bc7c.jpg

'ENB Lights' had a conflict with another mod. Hmmm, can't remember which one it was (or if it is in the guide anymore). ?

More screenies

Spoiler

Settler's Bathroom

ScreenShot52.jpg.3ded488424120048d784d7a57853b614.jpg

Crafting area

ScreenShot54.jpg.a0928596504c2fb62a3be2da3c2fd25b.jpg

Player's entrance (stairs in the back lead to the upper floor)

ScreenShot57.jpg.1381cb4f5e3bf1cfc9a5a0870d6e3b14.jpg

Added another floor for a command center and barracks.

ScreenShot53.jpg.7ecbc52a140338ba8d1ca8468881fd00.jpg

Night shots

ScreenShot55.jpg.c1d3bba7155acb8497873016c7f77ebe.jpgScreenShot56.jpg.43e3b229aa943bb4b09577ae63554208.jpg

Yeah, I only use Ikaros for screenarchering anymore. Tried a playthrough, everything's went fine first and after some time the game just borked heavily. Dunno the exact course, but only happened with Ikaros and I was only playing with my must-have-mods. Sad, but oh well.

I like your clean and orderly bathroom. In my current playthrough I try a new approach in starlight drive-in to use the little pond as relaxation/bathing "area" instead of a big waterpump (water comes now from windmill-pumps, can't remember the specific mod anymore. Cozy Scaver?). And I finally found a use for the big candles from Femshepping without them looking ridiculous:

Spoiler

ssf.thumb.png.57eec1108a04a1cd6476bc5f4a32884c.pngjjk.thumb.png.117c8daeb691aa5a44b931c325d0aabc.png

Update V 3.2.9

Getting to 'Weather and Lighting' and 'Final'.

Mods to REMOVE

Spoiler

Patches and Fixes

Better Settlers                                                                            Not needed anymore

The Collector's Guides AIO                                                        Got a more immersive mod for this.

Weather and Lighting

Pip-Boy Flashlight                                                                      Not needed anymore

Wasteland Illumination - DLC                                                    Got integrated.

Mods to ADD/MOVE

Upload

Spoiler

Naming Fix - Vehicles

The replacer for the Abrams MBT and the Bradley APC include names in a non-english language. This patch fixes those entries of the worldspace