Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.2.9 (Fusion Girl / Bodytalk)

On 8/22/2021 at 7:08 PM, Aylis said:

@asebw

I'm using an advanced version of 'Simple Sorter'. But that one seems to be gone from Nexus.

Yes, a lot of them are the patches for the icons.

That seems to be a problem with the tweaks for NAC. Thats why i recommend to use a Helm or weapon with flashlights before activating the tweaks.

No, well, maybe some of it. Ghost enb is definitely doing part of the darkening because the pip-boy screen isn't as dark when I was trying other enbs. NAC does seem to be doing some of it, but ghost is making it worse. You can lighten the pop-boy a bit by adding the following to the fallout.ini:

fPipboyScreenEmitIntensity=5.0000
fPipboyScreenDiffuseIntensity=5.000

the default values are 1.2500 and 1.500 respectively. Trying the 5s to see if it makes a difference. Though at the moment, i'm trying to figure out what is causing the screen to go black and white when taking chems or standing near radiation sources. Eh, I like some of what NAC X is doing, but some of the other stuff is getting overly annoying -.-

@Aylis

Not sure which one you are referring to. Got to hand it to bleeping nexus mods though: Never thought they'd be able to split the community like they did. I think once modsanctum gets up and running, we'll see some of the missing mods return. In the meantime, most of the modders seem to be hosting a good chunk of their stuff on various discord servers, and a few other mod sites.

Found this doc while looking for some of the missing mods. It's not a complete list, but it's better than ta kick in the ass atm:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Im5Mg-l2btRsYVOjaJa0slrjDcXNvi41J5pHw_Zuwqw/edit

Also, have you heard about the upcoming skyrim anniversary update? Apparently, there will be fishing.

Edited by asebw

@asebw

Yep

And the stunt Nexus pulled is pure greed...

Will add those tomorrow.

Official links:

CWSS

Universal Working Bathroom Fixtures

Better Cooking Stations

AAF

Will take a look at:

Swinging Animated Meat Bags

Btw. i simply hate discord! Finding something there is a nightmare!

Updated the links in the list.

Edited by Aylis
13 hours ago, Aylis said:

@asebw

Yep

And the stunt Nexus pulled is pure greed...

Will add those tomorrow.

Official links:

CWSS

Universal Working Bathroom Fixtures

Better Cooking Stations

AAF

Will take a look at:

Swinging Animated Meat Bags

Btw. i simply hate discord! Finding something there is a nightmare!

Updated the links in the list.

Always liked the meat bags when I run super mutant redux. Which I can now do again now that I got 2 non-awkcr repalcers. 

Yeah, it can be a pita, cause not all the content is actually kept on the discord. Some just have links to google drive. I am hoping that once modsanctum gets up and running, if it gets up and running cause I haven't heard a damn thing about it yet, most of the mods will end up there. It's really making me debate whether I should update my list now once i'm done with this bleeping order, or wait another month to see what happens ><. Eh, probably not gonna wait though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2021 at 10:12 AM, kackhaufen213 said:

So uhm what would I need to take care of if I wanted to add larger quest mods such as Project Valkyri, Fusion City rising and so on to the list?

all of the mods requirements. and sort it manually so it goes into the correct section, large area changes go into area, but ymmv where you need to move the mod up or down due to possible terrain conflicts etc

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, thanks for your modlist. I reinstalled Fallout after quite some time and installed 190 mods form your list. Contrary to my expectations, the game started, but when I used the option "this is a memory" from the "start me up" mod, I got a CTD. Then I used "this is a dream" and after 1-2 minutes a got a CTD. Doesn't matter if a stay in the room or leave it. Is there an option to read the crash report?

Thanks for your help.

On 10/14/2021 at 10:57 PM, Mindgames265 said:

haven't been able to find a notification of it, but Flora FX Overhaul has been removed from Nexus. So is Used books. to many gone to make a proper list lol.

Oh, we got a funny one...

FO4B  : Last Update: 16 Aug 2021 (yes, there might have been changes in the meantime)

Skyrim: Last Update: 17 Oct 2021

Of course i'll immediately stop unnecessary things like sleeping or eating or getting money for rent and internet so i can work 48/7 on two guides and also constantly check for changes on Nexus. Btw. how are your so much better guides doing? I see you're working so hard on them...

LOL right back at you!

@chewc

Those are errors that are hard to fix. From the description it could be anything (even a hardware or driver issue).

1. Check that you got the newest drivers.

2. Make sure you got the whole DirectX.

3. Check your AV settings and make exclusions for FO4 (like the ones for Skyrim). MS changed a lot with the last update for 'Defender'. So it could be required too...

4. Make sure you got all requirements for the mods.

5. Recheck the load order. The ESP on right side of MO2 should mirror the mods on the left side.

Edited by Aylis

Sorry if I came off as demanding a fix for the list. It was more of just me going damn a shit ton of these are gone now. I honestly figured you would get to it when you had a chance so I moved on. To make up for coming off as a dick here is a list of them and download links for the ones I could find.

Tookie's Textures-Grass and Plants
Grasslands Vanilla Grass Redux - Denser Grass
Flora FX Overhaul
Used Books - BookStack Replacer
Barber and Surgeon Camera Fix (can be gotten from https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/23556?tab=files using the Merged Mods - Fixes - Fomod file)
BodyTalk (https://synthoverboss.com/Mods/BT3/#wbb1)
Murder Death Scream ( can be gotten from their discord https://discord.gg/eat59ZG)
Ultimate (Main) Menus (Video Replacer) 
Improvised Adhesive
More Realistic Cats
Drumlin Diner Revamp
Gun For Hire - Commonwealth Mercenary Jobs  (https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/13BDIPGOgMszkcxfMyTIA7L-iXAz6bYLO)
Move Settlement Spawn Point
MW Sentry Turret (https://files.icestormng-mods.de/d/787267a3e362412c8751/?p=%2FMW%20Sentry%20Turret&mode=list)
Better Cooking Stations - Far Harbor and Nuka World (https://schaken-mods.com/file/1800-archive-better-cooking-stations-with-patches-for-animations-and-recipes/)
Companion Heal Thyself
NAC X - NAC TWEAKS
Commonwealth Mini Dresses Replacer
Long Coat With Skirt Replacer (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/51732?tab=files&file_id=206831&nmm=1)
Colt Single Action Army - F4NV (https://zagruzkamods.com/19332-colt-single-action-army-f4nv-v11-for-fallout-4.html)

Universal Working Bathroom Fixtures is also in the list twice. Weather and Lighting and again in final.

Edited by Mindgames265

@Aylis

Thanks for your help.

1-3. Done

4. Do you mean if i have forgotten any mods? It does say that i don't have the Unique NPCs.esp for Brotherhood Power Armor Overhaul.esp and MISCHAIRSTYLE.ESP for Cait moira.esp, but I didn't find those files in your list and thought those warnings were false positive

5. Do you mean that the priority on the left side and the plugins on the right side should be the same? On the right side are 60 less i can't compare them.

The CTD persists. Could leave the Vault by saving and reloading a few times. On the outside the same thing happens but more frequent.

Edited by chewc

@chewc

1. Bigger pics belong into spoilers.

2. ESM (first grouping) and ESL (second grouping) belong at the top. The bashed patch should automatically take care of that.

3. Missing masters mean a missing mod. Might be an activated option during the installation. You will get CTD with that, so those have to be fixed.

@Aylis

Once again thanks for your help.

1. Sorry about the pic

2. After quite some time I found out that wrye is a separate program. Sadly the instruction in your guide wasn't sufficient for me. I found another guide for Skyrim but they used Loot and SSEEdit.

Do I simply mark all files, including "Bashed Patch, 0.esp" and use "new bashed Patch"? The file was just 1KB and how do I run it?

Edited by chewc
  • 3 weeks later...

More Bobbleheads and Ultra Interior Lightning

After installing UIL I had huge fps drops in Federal Ration Stockpile, Vault 81 and 95.

As well as 2 strange "white walls" in Vault 95.  Seems to be a cell edit in M B:

MistLargeRoundDustyDimmer in Block 7 Sub Block 6.  Editing DATA Position/Rotation  Position X and Y

back to vanilla values solved it for me.

"White Walls" gone in 95 and fps drops reduced by ~ 80-90%.  Weird greatest fps gain was in FRS.

Weapon mods and UIL, isn't it clever to load/install UIL past those due to fog cell edits?

This way preventing each weapon mod to overwrite UIL values.

On 10/18/2021 at 3:40 PM, chewc said:

@Aylis

Once again thanks for your help.

1. Sorry about the pic

2. After quite some time I found out that wrye is a separate program. Sadly the instruction in your guide wasn't sufficient for me. I found another guide for Skyrim but they used Loot and SSEEdit.

Do I simply mark all files, including "Bashed Patch, 0.esp" and use "new bashed Patch"? The file was just 1KB and how do I run it?

no, wrye bash checks what you have checked and leaves what you have off, off. right click the bashed patch 0.esp and rebuild patch. Thats all you do, when wrye bash is done. make sure the esp is active in your load order in the plugins. thats all you do.

Hey first a big thank for this and the Skyrim Guide Aylis, awesome work. I just finished installing this Modlist and so far its looking really good.

I have discovered two things that i cant really figure out so maybe someone can help me.

I use CRP and with Just another Sanctuary Bridge installed i get Flickering Issues (Roads/Rocks/Bushes dissapearing) around said bridge. Deactivating the Bridge fixed it.

Did i overlook something here?

Second

On 5/23/2021 at 11:58 AM, arshesney said:

edit2: any idea bout this flickering in Sanctuary?

2021-05-23 16-31-45.mkv 6.07 MB · 8 downloads

I have exactly the same Issue and its only the pre-war player house in sanctuary. I rechecked if something edits the house and only found sanctuary doors but deactivating sanctuary doors didnt help.

Any help is welcome