AAF Gender Override and Morphs

QBB

I've a strap on mesh with sliders whose names correspond to the morphs found in the animation data XML files of various animation mods, and I use the gender override feature to access more animations with female pairings. However, the morphs stop working when I do that. These morphs work as intended when creating dedicated XMLs and forgoing the overrides. I'm not sure if it's a particularity of my instance, or a bug in the framework. The AAF Wiki makes no mention of this problem in the corresponding API reference section. Has anyone experienced this?

There's another thing I was wondering. I'm using CWSS along with GetDirty (for the higher quality textures only) and whenever an AAF scene starts, the dirt shader disappears. I assume it's a magic effect and AAF doesn't pass those through to the doppelganger. I know I could probably check for the magic effect and infect the clone through a quest script listening for AAF events. However, maybe there's a simpler solution through XML or the AAF settings that others who use these have found?

Thanks. ?

Updating to the latest version didn't fix the issue for me. However, I noticed morph influence is now intermittent for regular non overridden characters for some reason, going from zero to whichever amount is set in the corresponding XML for that animation. The switch appears to happen once an animation loops. ?‍♂️

As for the files, I'm allowed to download the ones you mention, but cannot upload the modified version there without an account. So, I'll just upload the files here.

7 hours ago, QBB said:

Updating to the latest version didn't fix the issue for me. However, I noticed morph influence is now intermittent for regular non overridden characters for some reason, going from zero to whichever amount is set in the corresponding XML for that animation. The switch appears to happen once an animation loops. ?‍♂️

As for the files, I'm allowed to download the ones you mention, but cannot upload the modified version there without an account. So, I'll just upload the files here.

Thank you for sending those. I fixed the intermittent morph issue. I will also take a further look at the other issues.

13 hours ago, maddadicusrex said:

AJ Various XMLs      You could try this on LL. Not perfect and no longer supported, but keeps you from directly changing anything in AAF. 

Yes, I've made dedicated files to prescind from the overrides and the morphs work great that way. However, with homogeneous pairings, it's often difficult to tell which character will end up being dominant without baking roles into data files and assigning them through the API. My intention is to leverage the standard as much as possible to keep the amount of XMLs on the low side while not having to rely on extra patches whenever animation packs are updated or new ones released.

8 hours ago, dagobaking said:

Thank you for sending those. I fixed the intermittent morph issue. I will also take a further look at the other issues.

That's great! ?

Archived