Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Skottorp

The Seamstress Guild - Vanilla Edition

Recommended Posts

The Seamstress Guild - Vanilla Edition

View File

There is a new version of this mod out;

 

 

The Seamstress Guild

(Theres a reference there for those of you who are literary inclined)

 

Introduction

This mod adds a brothel called "The Seamstress Guild" at the second floor of Haelgas Bunkhouse. It's run by Madam Palm and has three whores. It's mostly estetic (hence vanilla) so you can't actually solicit any of the girls working there, but Madam Palm can rent you bed so if you want to roleplay as a prostitue you now got a brothel to work at. I've tried to avoid touching Haelga and the others that live in the Bunkhouse to avoid potential conflicts with quests, but I can't guarantee that so backup your saves before installing.

 

Update 1.0.4 (and forward) Introduces some dialouge and a small "quest" to draw in some more customers to the Guild. Also adds a small tailor shop. Dosn't sell anything interesting for now, but the owner does fence.  This version makes  changes to several NPCs in Riften, so possible conflicts with other mods that do the same, as well as broken quests. USE WITH CAUTION!

 

I have some ideas of expanding this mod into a full guild with a quest line and all, but I never really worked with quest or scripting so we well see how it goes. - ON HOLD FOR NOW (RDR2 is out on PC so wont have time for modding for quite some time I suspect. Might get back too it eventually (Skyrim have a tendancy to draw me back whenever the gaming market is slow.))

 

P.S; Anyone who want to expand on this mod/incorperate it in too theirs are free to do so, as long as you give proper credits. I'm not picky about these things.

 

Files and requierments

Two main files (Download only one of these):

The Seamstress Guild - Vanilla 1.0.3 (Main mod, no requierments)

 

                                         OR

 

The Seamstress Guild - Vanilla 1.0.6 (Main mod, requires SKSE and "Fuz Ro D-oh")

http://skse.silverlock.org/

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/14884?tab=description

 

 

Optional file:

The Seamstress Guild Whore Tattoos (Optional mod with some tattoo overlays I made, requires racemenu)

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29624/?tab=description

 

 

Known Bugs

Theres a wardrobe in the bathing area that refuses to go away no matter what I do in the creation kit, at least for me. Use the console to disable it or learn to live with it.

 

Credits

Lor Modders' Resources AND The Witcher 3 Mega Resource Pack by LorSakyamuni
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/84433
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/77097?tab=description


Resources for modders by Runspect
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/26132?tab=files


Modder's Resource Pack - The Witcher Extension by Oaristys
                         AND
                 CD Project Red
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68755?tab=description


Liam's Blank Signs Texture Resource by LWatson95
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/93613/?tab=description


Tapestries by RoboBirdie
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/94826?tab=description


KS Hairdos - Renewal by Kalilies
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68311


Phitt's Morrowind Style Lanterns by Tamira
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59977?tab=description

 

Jokerine's Misc Resources by Jokerine
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/801/?tab=description

 

 

 


  • Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/05/2019
  • Category
  • Requires
    Skyrim, (SKSE, Fuz ro d-oh, Race menu)
  • Special Edition Compatible
    No

 

Share this post


Link to post

Is this compatible with Radiant Prostitution, so that you can get the whoring quests from Madam Palm?

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Skottorp said:

Yes you can. 

 

Excellent, because it makes more sense to get the whoring jobs from a professional madam, rather than a normal inkeeper. That would suit roleplay a lot better.

 

If I can make a suggestion, it would be to develop this mod as a companion to Radiant Prostitution for improved roleplay and functionality, with brothels in each hold. The radiant quests from that mod are already so well developed, it makes sense to utilize them and focus on making quests that don't duplicate that mod.

Share this post


Link to post

A minor suggestion, I noticed in the screen shots that you have the hay scatter under the beds.  That works fine for common beds (I assume that it's falling out of the "mattress") but it looks off for the noble beds, so you could move or disable the hay for a nicer look. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Corsec said:

 

Excellent, because it makes more sense to get the whoring jobs from a professional madam, rather than a normal inkeeper. That would suit roleplay a lot better.

 

If I can make a suggestion, it would be to develop this mod as a companion to Radiant Prostitution for improved roleplay and functionality, with brothels in each hold. The radiant quests from that mod are already so well developed, it makes sense to utilize them and focus on making quests that don't duplicate that mod.

If, and I stress the word if, I keep developing this mod into a quest line then yes, something along those lines. Altough I dont think I will make more brothels, instead it will be more like the thives guild, starting out with the Seamstress guild being pretty downthrodden, then slowly building it up, recruting a few new girls along the way. Still, dont get to hyped up, I'm more likely to fail then succed in this endevour.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

A minor suggestion, I noticed in the screen shots that you have the hay scatter under the beds.  That works fine for common beds (I assume that it's falling out of the "mattress") but it looks off for the noble beds, so you could move or disable the hay for a nicer look.  

Your right, it does look a bit weird. I'll update. Will take a few dayes though, going away over the weekend.

Share this post


Link to post

Just a thought looking at the banners you have on the walls, but not what difference it would make. they made me think of the documentary on excavations of roman ruins. One section was a brothel, where each alcove/room had tile fresco depicting the different sex act the girls could be hired for. 

Another thought is to maybe tie in with the Sisterhood of Dibella. The quest line point to choose corruption or redemption takes place in Haega's Bunkhouse.

Share this post


Link to post

Amazingly enough most seamstresses do not own a single needle and cannot sew at all. Instead needlewomen are much sought-after, because there are way too few women who truly fulfil the men's strongest and deepest desire – and mend their socks.

 

 

I like the new addition. It is so fitting for Riften. However, I propose to increase the number of whores to five for certain reasons.

 

 

Quote

Another thought is to maybe tie in with the Sisterhood of Dibella.

In my opinion it is time for Sanguine to show up. After all there are whores in the bunkhouse, not temple prostitutes.

Share this post


Link to post

Guess it's time for me to say hello to some women of negotiable affection.

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, VahzahVulom said:

a seamstress isn't what you think it is, it has nothing to do with whores or brothels or even sex

That's sort of the point of them calling themselves that, you know? One was illegal, and the other could be done by pretty much any woman. "I mend pants while you wait, and can't noone prove otherwise."

15 hours ago, Skottorp said:

Theres a reference there for those of you who are literary inclined

 

It was a common sort of cover that prostitutes went by, popularized by Pratchett. Many may not realize it was used in real history (among other things, yes) before Pratchett picked it up.

 

Here ya go, if interested:

Example from fiction

Example from reality

Also see the sources quoted here.

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, SexDwarf2250 said:

That's sort of the point of them calling themselves that, you know? One was illegal, and the other could be done by pretty much any woman. "I mend pants while you wait, and can't noone prove otherwise."

 

It was a common sort of cover that prostitutes went by, popularized by Pratchett. Many may not realize it was used in real history (among other things, yes) before Pratchett picked it up.

 

Here ya go, if interested:

Example from fiction

Example from reality

Also see the sources quoted here.

" A survey by the Guild of Merchants in the docks area of Ankh-Morpork found 987 women who gave their profession as "seamstress" – and two needles (according to Men at Arms). "

 

I miss Pratchett...

Share this post


Link to post

I miss him, too. :(

 

Quote

It was a common sort of cover that prostitutes went by, popularized by Pratchett. Many may not realize it was used in real history (among other things, yes) before Pratchett picked it up.

Quote

" A survey by the

Guild of Merchants in the docks area of Ankh-Morpork found 987 women who gave their profession as "seamstress" – and two needles (according to Men at Arms). "

Yeah. The L-Space has some information about it. So at least some fans now about the real world reference.

 

 

And it is a good reference that should have been used earlier. There are too few mods that take a more easygoing approach to prostitution.

In my opinion it is a bad decision to expand the complete concept throughout whole Skyrim. The fun comes with difference. Better expand it in Riften and include some more discworld lore about the Shades with just a few connections to other towns.

 

For example a new terminology. Let the NPCs speak euphemistically about prostitution or places of it (Street of Negotiable Affection transforms to Places of Negotiable Affection).

Or a combinbation of the Shades and Cockbill Street could be used for a brothel in Windhelm's Grey Quarter.

 

 

 

Edit: Ideas for a nightly encounter in the streets of Riften

 

A thief threatens a seamstress and is straightaway overpowered by two slender, but battle-hardened elderly women with almost bare hands (as there are no handbags and umbrellas in Skyrim – and should not be).

 

Suddenly you hear the death rattle of an unfortunate thief, As you come closer, you can see that he is close to death. His last words are: "Never mess with the seamstresses, if you cannot cope with the aunties."

 

You meet the elderly women in the streets and hear them telling you:

"Be careful, laddie. The streets are dangerous at night."

"Never mess with the ladies, laddie. Else we will mess with you."

"Don't ever mess with Haelga again, laddie. She is under our protection. Next time let the ladies fight this out alone." [after Caught red handed]

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, Veldon said:

A thief threatens a seamstress and is straightaway overpowered by two slender, but battle-hardened elderly women with almost bare hands (as there are no handbags and umbrellas in Skyrim – and should not be).

Spoiler

50916-1-1391909245.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/6/2019 at 4:37 AM, Stryker1177 said:

Just a thought looking at the banners you have on the walls, but not what difference it would make. they made me think of the documentary on excavations of roman ruins. One section was a brothel, where each alcove/room had tile fresco depicting the different sex act the girls could be hired for. 

Not sure I got enough banners for that😋. There a book at the fire place mantle for "inspiration" tough. Check out its version of the "wheel-barrow".

Share this post


Link to post

Just thought that it might be more immersive to have a Hourglass on every night stand. If each girl is going to work by the hour, and more than one is work at one time they will need more than one hourglass. I have version 1.02 loaded.

The ring holding the sign show as not having any textures. Three of the banners are showing no texture as well. I'm think this may be a conflict with another mod I have loaded "Glev's Sexy Skyrim". It replaces the signs in front of all buildings and replaces the banners for each hold. It doesn't use a ESP file just texture replacer. I tried changing load order but that didn't make any difference.

20190706003731_1.jpg

20190706004529_1.jpg

20190706005038_1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Stryker1177 said:

Just thought that it might be more immersive to have a Hourglass on every night stand. If each girl is going to work by the hour, and more than one is work at one time they will need more than one hourglass. I have version 1.02 loaded.

The ring holding the sign show as not having any textures. Three of the banners are showing no texture as well. I'm think this may be a conflict with another mod I have loaded "Glev's Sexy Skyrim". It replaces the signs in front of all buildings and replaces the banners for each hold. It doesn't use a ESP file just texture replacer. I tried changing load order but that didn't make any difference.

20190706003731_1.jpg

20190706004529_1.jpg

20190706005038_1.jpg

Thats strange. The iron rings are vanilla textures so that could certanly be another mod interfering, but the banner have unique meshes and textures, placed in unique folder so not sure how they would be affected. I'll take look when I get home, see so I didn't miss something on my end.

 

Update: The fault was mine, some of the meshes were pointing to the texture folders of an older build. The once in your pohots should be fixed (and the iron rings too). I've uploaded a fixed version.

Share this post


Link to post

@ Skottorp: Could you create a German version of your signs? Of course I would contribute the translations if you did that. :)

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Veldon said:

@ Skottorp: Could you create a German version of your signs? Of course I would contribute the translations if you did that. :)

Sure, no problem.

Share this post


Link to post

Are there any male Clients showing up ?  Without them it would make no sense for a whore to be there. the normal npcs of haelgas are a bit few i fear.

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, shiagwen said:

Are there any male Clients showing up ?  Without them it would make no sense for a whore to be there. the normal npcs of haelgas are a bit few i fear.

Not at the moment, but it's something I intend to add in. I'm currently looking into a few different ways of doing it.

Share this post


Link to post

How about adding statues like in Sisterhood of Dibella? And also more erotic paintings please. Current ones are realistic for a brothel but kind of dull.

Share this post


Link to post

This is out of the house mod Mona Alta. I thought something like this might be nice in the space next to the madam's bedroom. Just a thought.

20190710002337_1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...