Some people still believe Earth is flat. Wtf?

Strelky

I wasn't joking that earth has no dimensions' date=' as it really is virtual construct. I'm trying to spread awareness about true nature of our reality here. Many worlds theory is self-contradicting babble, string theory is pseudo-scientific mainstream product. The only coherent explanation of quantum mechanics is zero worlds theory (virtual reality theory). If you disagree, could you present alternative, coherent to experimental evidence, explanation for quantum erasion and quantum entanglement phenomena?

[/quote']

wat

I wasn't joking that earth has no dimensions' date=' as it really is virtual construct. I'm trying to spread awareness about true nature of our reality here. Many worlds theory is self-contradicting babble, string theory is pseudo-scientific mainstream product. The only coherent explanation of quantum mechanics is zero worlds theory (virtual reality theory). If you disagree, could you present alternative, coherent to experimental evidence, explanation for quantum erasion and quantum entanglement phenomena?

[/quote']

Yeah! Everybody! Let's cast off our pre-conceived notions based on what we see, feel, and know and have seen, felt, and known since the day we were born unto today and come to the realization that existence does not exist!

I don't have the answers, nor would I claim to. But virtual reality is easily disproven based on the four dimensions I have been able to perceive my entire life (counting Time as the 4th dimension.)

It's not about rejecting experience but considering experience together with availible scientific evidence. The problem is that you are not even curious enough to investigate the subject. You're content with your ignorance. The existance exist; it could not exist if physical reality was not a virtual simulation. Why is knowledge that our reality is a simulation important? Because it points out to perspective of what would be considered impossible in objective, deterministic reality. Quantum computations that are manufacturing our reality are not based on real(classical) numbers, they're based on complex(probable) numbers; math (logic) can be used in this perspective to describe subjective reality directed/guided by consciousness.

If you don't have understanding, you're helpless against opinions of others (this is how religions have come to existance) or illusions of you brain; earth indeed looks like it is flat, unless you're on the shore of the ocean/big lake.

By the way, there is no time (your 4th dimension) it just does not exist. There is no time, there is just process (computations) on data/energy. Classical concept of time has been experimentally disproved (quantum eraser). Quantum time is something different as it describes processing moments of quantum collapse by brain which uses it to create "feel" of time.

And what, may I ask, would reaction be if you were proved wrong? You say it as fact. If you take a look at history, which is REAL, you'll find that very logical and even proven ideas were proved wrong, so don't be so quick to accept your ideas

Utter nonsense

You basically just defeated your own argument. Because quantum mechanics don't use real numbers it means we throw our hands in the air and just throw away centuries of work done in the field of Physics, quantum or otherwise, because the mathmeticians haven't figured out a reliable calculating method yet? And then you go so far as to say that existance doesn't exist because math hasn't progressed as far as you need it to yet? That's the scientific equivalent of giving up. Even worse, you're slapping the label of "science" on giving up. And what's this about subjectivity and consciousness? Is this quantum physics or philosophy? If it's neither, then i'd start arguing for expanding on the human mind's ability to project its will into our non-reality.

You basically just defeated your own argument. Because quantum mechanics don't use real numbers it means we throw our hands in the air and just throw away centuries of work done in the field of Physics' date=' quantum or otherwise, because the mathmeticians haven't figured out a reliable calculating method yet?[/quote']

It's clear that you don't know what "complex number" term means. You had it in your high school (at least I had). Complex numbers are calculated on base of real numbers; it's wave equation. Here is the most primitive example of wave equation;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quadratic_equation

I'd like to note that results of wave equations are not real numbers; they are probable/quantum/complex/multi-valued numbers. Quantum mechanics are operations on waves of probability; they are operations on complex numbers. This is why no one can predict future, at least to the level in which entropy(possibilities) have been reduced.

But beside that you're right; newtonian physics is incoherent nonsense, it is not even a science anymore as it contradicts experimental evidence. Classical physics still can be used to make (poor) approximations, but with increasing computation power they will become quickly obsolete. The fact that newtonian perspective is still teached is schools is evidence that masses are purposefully dumbed down/given false informations to distort their judgment and ability for making accurate decisions about their future.

And what's this about subjectivity and consciousness? Is this quantum physics or philosophy? If it's neither' date=' then i'd start arguing for expanding on the human mind's ability to project its will into our non-reality.[/quote']

It's virtual (simulated) reality based on data coherence, not non-reality. In other words it's quantum computer game in a way.

Philosophy is product of science. The only science is physics as it contains all other branches. The ability to project intent on reality is limited to the level of consciousness; consciousness that is focused on struggle, survival and effort (control, limitation) has lower output than more evolved consciousness which is focused on allowance and free flow of energy (creation).

Why am I not surprised that I leave a conversation about how the laughably ignorant believe the world is flat, only to come back to find it's changed into yet another conversation about virtual reality "theory". I'm so tempted to dive back into the fray, but the last time I did that the thread got shut down and erased. Oh well, enjoy your merry-go-round.

Why am I not surprised that I leave a conversation about how the laughably ignorant believe the world is flat' date=' only to come back to find it's changed into yet another conversation about virtual reality "theory". I'm so tempted to dive back into the fray, but the last time I did that the thread got shut down and erased. Oh well, enjoy your merry-go-round.

[/quote']

Forgive me, but I find believe that our world is not a virtual (simulated, data based construct) one as symptom of laughable ignorance. I guess I'm ridiculed here from the same reasons that people from "spherical earth theory" were ridiculed in the past.:P

Forgive me' date=' but I find believe that our world is not a virtual (simulated, data based construct) one as symptom of laughable ignorance. I guess I'm ridiculed here from the same reasons that people from "spherical earth theory" were ridiculed in the past.:P

[/quote']

I knew you had hubris to compare your leadership to that of Aragorn or Leonidas, even though the former is a fictional character and the political prowess of the latter is poorly documented, but to compare your virtual reality nonsense to spherical earth theory?! That's the dictionary definiton of the height of hubris and arrogance right there. A Round Earth had profound implications in the field of physics and astrophysics. Gravity. Tides. You name it. Furthermore the theory was based on observable phenomena. Look out across the ocean and you can see the curviture of the Earth. Old cosmological models of the Earth depicted us inside a gigantic sno-globe. No matter how far a traveler got they never seemed to get any closer to the point where the sky reached the Earth.

What are the implications for proving a theory that says that nothing exists correct? None whatsoever. It doesn't matter one damn bit because nothing changes. The concept of point, distance, depth, and time remain the same as does absolutely everything else.

Consider this: If nothing exists, as you assert, our "universe" is just a 0-dimensional less-than-a-point projection, how is it that either I or Queen Bee can be Ignorant, let alone "Laughably Ignorant?" For one to be ignorant we have to assume the concept of "one" exists in a universe where nothing exists. Furthermore you have to assume thought is more than an illusion in our projection-world. Therefore, when you said we were "laughably ignorant" you contradicted your nihilistic fantasy.

well this is seriously flat earth society have political wing :D

http://alphadesigner.com/blog/world-according-to-us-republicans/

:P

and btw idiots exist to amuse us

and flat earth society is surely one of them, but not only

anybody remember how red meat and salt where almost banned not long ago by vegans (another very funny group of idiots):

http://www.eatingwell.com/blogs/health_blog/what_s_the_bottom_line_is_red_meat_healthy_or_not

http://chriskresser.com/shaking-up-the-salt-myth-the-dangers-of-salt-restriction

back on topic

how can one to reason with religious fundamentalist and fanatics:

"We know the Earth is flat because the Bible tells us so."

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=45427

whatever proof you can present they have TRUTH

It's clear that you don't know what "complex number" term means. You had it in your high school (at least I had). Complex numbers are calculated on base of real numbers; it's wave equation. Here is the most primitive example of wave equation;

No. Go back to high school and try again.

Complex numbers were conceived because our “pool” of numbers did not include solutions for problems that definitely have a solution in the real world. Take the square root of -1 for example. We're looking for a number that multiplied with itself yields -1. Looking at the laws that govern mathematical operations' date=' such a number cannot exist because any number multiplied with itself always has to yield a positive result.

However, if we build formula describing the world around us, we get into trouble because quite a few applications actually [b']DO[/b] require taking the square root of a negative value. The world works but our math failed to describe it. So this clever guy Cardano came up with the “imaginary” number i and simply defined it as i*i = -1. This allowed him to express the result of any square root of a negative number as a multiple of i, like SQRT(-2) = SQRT(2)*i = 1.41421 * i

The “imaginary” numbers were born. Of course now we needed mathematical laws to know how to deal with these numbers, how to add, subtract, multiply and divide them. Further, we needed laws how they interact with “real” numbers.

Thus the “complex” number was born. To calculate 1 + SQRT(-1), best thing we can do is 1 + i, which is a complex number. The general anatomy of a complex number is a + b * i, where a is the “real” unit and b is the “imaginary” unit.

This has absolutely NOTHING to do with quadratic expressions, waveforms or quantum physics. Complex numbers are just a needed extension to our number pool. If you can accept the existence of a irrational number like Pi, a number that cannot be described by a / b where a and b are integers and b is not zero, accepting i is just the next step.

And as stupid and arbitrary as this whole thing sounds, complex numbers actually work. We can do the math with them, they are logically sound, we can actually predict stuff using them and they help us build complicated machines that do what they're supposed to do.

--

On topic: I know very little about a “flat” earth, back in school they told me the people of old believed in it. Well, maybe they did, maybe the didn't. Who cares. I believe in a round earth.

I actually sat in a plane at 10.000 feet, good weather, free look on the pacific ocean and I could actually see the curvature at the horizon, with my own eyes. In high school I did the Foucault pendulum experiment, parallel with my pen pal in Australia. Surprise, Coriolis force is the best way to explain our results.

The shape of the earth approximates a sphere and no! I am not simply repeating what teachers told me, I checked. Granted, the methods I used to check were mostly suggested by my teachers and I've never been in space to actually see the earth from a distance myself ... but I do trust science and the people doing it.

No. Go back to high school and try again.

Complex numbers were conceived because our “pool” of numbers did not include solutions for problems that definitely have a solution in the real world. Take the square root of -1 for example. We're looking for a number that multiplied with itself yields -1. Looking at the laws that govern mathematical operations' date=' such a number cannot exist because any number multiplied with itself always has to yield a positive result.[/quote']

That's absolutely correct; I was wondering how come no one pointed out this stupid mistake sooner. Additionally quadratic function is not even a wave function. My point was to present non deterministic (multiple answer) equation with -at least- some wave features, that everyone is familiar with.

Anyway I try to minimilize math in my comprehending and just operate on basic logic; math operates on assumptions/limitations -like you cannot root on negative numbers for example. Fortunately our understanding evolves.

This has absolutely NOTHING to do with quadratic expressions, waveforms or quantum physics.

"The complex number field is intrinsic to the mathematical formulations of quantum mechanics, where complex Hilbert spaces provide the context for one such formulation that is convenient and perhaps most standard. The original foundation formulas of quantum mechanics – the Schrödinger equation and Heisenberg's matrix mechanics – make use of complex numbers."

Coriolis force is the best way to explain our results.

Gravitation -according to (newest) modern, mainstream science- is result of radiation (they don't know where that radiation comes from, some theorize that it comes from higher "dimensions")

Anyway, you seem to be a smart guy, tell me what's your perspective on M theory, Zero worlds theory and quantum weirdness. You can pm me to avoid cloging this thread;

Forgive me' date=' but I find believe that our world is not a virtual (simulated, data based construct) one as symptom of laughable ignorance. I guess I'm ridiculed here from the same reasons that people from "spherical earth theory" were ridiculed in the past.:P

[/quote']

I knew you had hubris to compare your leadership to that of Aragorn or Leonidas, even though the former is a fictional character and the political prowess of the latter is poorly documented, but to compare your virtual reality nonsense to spherical earth theory?! That's the dictionary definiton of the height of hubris and arrogance right there. A Round Earth had profound implications in the field of physics and astrophysics. Gravity. Tides. You name it. Furthermore the theory was based on observable phenomena.

Quantum experiments are observable, every day phenomena. And that's the problem. You can buy polarized filter and laser pointer and reproduct those experiments in your home(I haven't tried it myself yet though). The double slit experiment is the most often conducted experiment (according to mainstream science) in history. The thing is that they can describe phenomena (at basic level) by mathematics, but they don't really understand it. How come information can travel in space/time reality without space and time? How come you can alter past in present simple by reading or erasing data of previously taken measurement? It suggest that there is no "real" space and time it's just emulation based on data consistency.

What are the implications for proving a theory that says that nothing exists correct? None whatsoever. It doesn't matter one damn bit because nothing changes. The concept of point, distance, depth, and time remain the same as does absolutely everything else.

Implications are tremendous; reality is illusion and can be changed/manipulated by intent.

Consider this: If nothing exists, as you assert, our "universe" is just a 0-dimensional less-than-a-point projection, how is it that either I or Queen Bee can be Ignorant, let alone "Laughably Ignorant?" For one to be ignorant we have to assume the concept of "one" exists in a universe where nothing exists. Furthermore you have to assume thought is more than an illusion in our projection-world. Therefore, when you said we were "laughably ignorant" you contradicted your nihilistic fantasy.

I didn't say that universe does not exist; it's just works in manner we assume as impossible. It's not about nihilism it's about perspective on materialism.

Quantum experiments are observable' date=' every day phenomena. And that's the problem. You can buy polarized filter and laser pointer and reproduct those experiments in your home(I haven't tried it myself yet though). The double slit experiment is the most often conducted experiment (according to mainstream science) in history. The thing is that they can describe phenomena (at basic level) by mathematics, but they don't really understand it. How come information can travel in space/time reality without space and time? How come you can alter past in present simple by reading or erasing data of previously taken measurement? It suggest that there is no "real" space and time it's just emulation based on data consistency.[/quote']

Because information can't itself travel. It needs vehicles that often rely on waves (sound) or current (internet) as well as ways to process what is being transmitted (brains hearing someone saying something, computers loading a web page)

Implications are tremendous; reality is illusion and can be changed/manipulated by intent.

I assure you that if we could change reality according to our intentions' date=' the world would be a [b']vastly[/b] different place.

I didn't say that universe does not exist; it's just works in manner we assume as impossible. It's not about nihilism it's about perspective on materialism.

So it's self-contradicting.

I'm a space man from the future' date=' and I tell you what, the Earth has become flat after we hit it with a giant mallet.

[/quote']

ill keep this as the best answer after all this "debate?"...

And for the Word of the day kids: Troll

1.Noun

A mythical' date=' cave-dwelling being depicted in folklore as either a giant or a dwarf, typically having a very ugly appearance.

The action of trolling for fish.

2.Verb

Fish by trailing a baited line along behind a boat: "we trolled for mackerel".

3.Slang

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, "IRRELEVANT" or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

4. Now back to your regular programming :)

btw he pulls the same junk on IGN.

[/quote']

i want a cookie...

Because information can't itself travel. It needs vehicles that often rely on waves (sound) or current (internet) as well as ways to process what is being transmitted (brains hearing someone saying something' date=' computers loading a web page)[/quote']

That's "common sense" understanding and -if our reality was real- it should work, but it does not; Infomation travels instantly without any form of communication. Quantum entaglement works this way because entaglement is form of measurment; our world is not space/time based it's just our mirage/percetion; reality is structed on base of data consitency. Data consistency law is above past/present(timeline) coherency (past is not defined/real past until data about it is processed).

I assure you that if we could change reality according to our intentions' date=' the world would be a vastly different place.[/quote']

Really? what are your intentions? Not so long ago you've openly said (in "just to see and hear" thread) that people should have miserable, survival based lives, as otherwise they become greedy and evil. People pray for rescue. Pray is act of submission.

So it's self-contradicting.

No; just like virtual objects in computer game are not real, but the computer itself is real(at least emulated on diffrent level). There is a system that creates/emulates virtual reality. Why? From the same reasons that we play computer games; to walk around some limitations.

On one of my most recent visits to youtube (~4 months ago) I saw a video by a US government official (I think he was a govt official anyway... local govt) claiming that the earth cannot be moving, because things don't get blown away when you throw them up. See, if it was moving, then the air would be moving too in some kind of... lets call it a "wind" and this would be a constant motion in the opposite direction to the earth's movement... therefore the earth is the centre of the universe.

You'd think that the technical ability required to record video and use a computer would be an intelligence gate, but apparently it isn't.

Archived