Some people still believe Earth is flat. Wtf?

Strelky

The problem with morals, or at least an absolutist Kantian interpretation of them, that is - a universal approach based on categorical imperatives that don't rely on practical duty or desire, but rather on the intrinsic evil or goodness inherent in any action, is that when put to the test, most "golden rules" or "categorical imperatives" as Kant puts it, can and should be broken.

For every rule there is an exception.

So while Kant (and any absolutist, a school I believe R337 subscribes to) would maintain that lying is always evil and can never be good, nor can the act of killing, what if an armed man enters and office with the intent to murder, and asks the receptionist where his intended victim is? Kant would hold that even though we would save the victim's life (a desirable outcome) that we should not lie, because lying is inherently evil. The same with murder. If it is inherently evil, it will always be evil to do so, regardless of circumstance or outcome.

I don't subscribe to that. As much as we wish to make it so, the world is not black and white. Nothing in life, nature, physics or otherwise is as simple as A and B. 

Every rule has its exceptions.

I once had the thought that there's a difference between what's right and wrong, and what's good and bad. Someone can do a bad thing (kill) for the right reasons (protect), and they could do a good thing (give to charity) for the wrong reasons (to bolster their public image). Death is sad because we have to say goodbye to someone, probably forever, but it's not always a bad thing. I know my entire family sighed with bitter-sweet relief when my grandmother, who suffered in a hospital for days, finally died. We were all very sorry to see her go, but we were glad her pain was gone. I've also had to put down pets, and that's never a good thing. But it was right, because I wasn't killing my pet, I was ending their pain.

R733, I'm going to have to ask you to tone down your rhetoric.

I don't care if you think you're right or wrong, your attitude is out of line. I'm also quite curious as to why, if you consider such people as beneath your intellect, why you choose to engage with them, and moreover - that you choose to condemn shows they watch, but you obviously watch yourself.

Yes, I'm guilty of wasting my time on pretty bad and then realllyyyy bad show. If I hadn't saw it it would be tough for me to say that it sucked so badly though (which it did).

I mean common, taking "moral wisdom" from blockbusters and (rather)  poor tv shows about serial killers... It's as bad (or even worse) as quoting bible. This women has contact with kids for god's (center cosmic consciousness :rolleyes: ) sake. It's pretty bad I think. I find it quite obnoxious that people who do pay taxes and by that directly participate in mass murder have the audacity to say that they are emphatic towards others, unless they had killed someone. However if you're a soldier invading other country to steal ( -_- ) their resources then murder suddenly becomes praiseworthy act, something perfectly moral.

What kind of bullshit, double standard, phony morality is that? The worst thing is that humanity (just checked the wiki) apperantly was able to land on the moon but weren't able to formulate coherent(objective), scientific definition of morality. I think that should give you idea how "spiritual" and benevolent human kind is. They care about morality so much that they didn't even bother to check what morality really is/or should be...

R733, I want so badly to keep arguing this, but oh god, why am I concerning myself with the opinions of an obviously crazy person? I don't even know if I should be offended anymore. You're either being intentionally obtuse to troll me or you're just nuts. I'm betting on the latter.

You should consider the possibility that the majority can be (more)insane. Majority does not constitute sanity, only norm. You were not capable to present objective definition of morality, so I'll do that in separate thread later. I have seen people complaining that ducks are better than humans; I think that this is sign that we should reevaluate our norms, concept of morality and way of thinking. But that's just me.

By the way, there is no such thing (cannot be) like perfectly sane person as it would require omniscience (you must have complete data to make perfect/optimal decision) but person can be less or more insane. Omniscience would contradict free will, hence there would be no real choice.

THE EARTH IS FLAT      

When i travel around the world i feel the earth is round i learned the earth is round

but when i am with people i can see that the world is flat   .

How can you say and laugh about others learned convictions and belives  when you learned yours and not experience it?

and i am far more frigntened about the globalisations because in all over the world we start to eat the same FLAT food, drink . We watch the same FLAT tv , in scool we learn all the same FLAT minded staff .

no more difference . no more discoveries the same goal the same motivations. THE EARTH IS FLAT and more now than before

please do not listen to me as i am a product of and forged in this very FLAT EARTH with mathematical rules that we still can not deffined and ducks that starts to have the same taste as cickens.

THE EARTH IS FLAT      

When i travel around the world i feel the earth is round i learned the earth is round

but when i am with people i can see that the world is flat   .

How can you say and laugh about others learned convictions and belives  when you learned yours and not experience it?

and i am far more frigntened about the globalisations because in all over the world we start to eat the same FLAT food, drink . We watch the same FLAT tv , in scool we learn all the same FLAT minded staff .

no more difference . no more discoveries the same goal the same motivations. THE EARTH IS FLAT and more now than before

please do not listen to me as i am a product of and forged in this very FLAT EARTH with mathematical rules that we still can not deffined and ducks that starts to have the same taste as cickens.

I can criticize illogical, self-contradicting convictions as I now that they are objectively wrong. 

There is nothing wrong with the globalisation, it's the uniformity, conformism and lack of individuality that you're complaining about. Society based on control (corporate fascism, governmetal fascism, socializm, communism etc.) require high level of unifirmity to work. It's very evil (according to my definition of evil which will be presented in politics thread) but it's the best you can do with ducks. I mean sheeps. 

Quack quack quack! Quaawaaaaaack! Quack quack quack quack quack quaaaaaaaaaack! Quack quack quack? Quack.

As they say, when you're between ducks you must quack like they do. My answer is;

Quack? Quack #!*%@ !!!!

I guess the dumbshits refuse to use telescopes and look at the moon. The fact that the website even exists is just plain silly.

That proves nothing to them. The moon and Earth are flat discs.

No, they aren't, it might seem that way at first glance, but Galileo knew the moon was as sphere,and people knew the Earth was round for 7000 years, plus the knowledge wasn't lost. The fact that people still think It's flat is just fucking stupid

I wasn't joking that earth has no dimensions, as it really is virtual construct. I'm trying to spread awareness about true nature of our reality here. Many worlds theory is self-contradicting babble, string theory is pseudo-scientific mainstream product. The only coherent explanation of quantum mechanics is zero worlds theory (virtual reality theory). If you disagree, could you present alternative, coherent to experimental evidence, explanation for quantum erasion and quantum entanglement phenomena?

Yeah! Everybody! Let's cast off our pre-conceived notions based on what we see, feel, and know and have seen, felt, and known since the day we were born unto today and come to the realization that existence does not exist! :rolleyes:

I don't have the answers, nor would I claim to. But virtual reality is easily disproven based on the four dimensions I have been able to perceive my entire life (counting Time as the 4th dimension.)

It's not about rejecting experience but considering experience together with availible scientific evidence. The problem is that you are not even curious enough to investigate the subject. You're content with your ignorance. The existance exist; it could not exist if physical reality was not a virtual simulation. Why is knowledge that our reality is a simulation important? Because it points out to perspective of what would be considered impossible in objective, deterministic reality. Quantum computations that are manufacturing our reality are not based on real(classical) numbers, they're based on complex(probable) numbers; math (logic) can be used in this perspective to describe subjective reality directed/guided by consciousness.

If you don't have understanding, you're helpless against opinions of others (this is how religions have come to existance) or illusions of you brain; earth indeed looks like it is flat, unless you're on the shore of the ocean/big lake.

By the way, there is no time (your 4th dimension) it just does not exist. There is no time, there is just process (computations) on data/energy. Classical concept of time has been experimentally disproved (quantum eraser). Quantum time is something different as it describes processing moments of quantum collapse by brain which uses it to create "feel" of time.

There is no spoon, either.

Wow   can't you all see the earth is flat  and  has no dimension  they make the earth round with after effect and we feel it because of the Matrix implantation .  

Ignorance sometime is usefull in that case we just answer to a provoc  ( a anonymous groupe who wants to be known) .

as for your quantum mecanics you need to stop with eigenvalus and find other quantum equation that can justify it self in the infinit not just in hilbert spaces .

Archived