Hey guys, i was wondering how to properly create a bodypart for a race, I want to make some custom feet for the argonian and the khajiit races, i'm using the meshes from the "Better Claws and Gauntlets" (the mod will remain personal until i get the approval of the creator) to make the feet, i use bodyslide to move the nail meshes and fit them into the feet, i change the weights of the nails from all the fingers to the feet bone known as "Toe1" i open CK i create the "Armoraddon" with the new feets _0 and _1 for the "khajiitfeetnude" and "Argonianfeetnude", i save the .esp and open the game, but both races are still using the "femalefeet" mesh, no nails to be seen. i haven't found any tutorial that helps me out on this issue, since i can't find any tutorial that talks about modyfing or creating a race, so i woulnd't know...

If this is supposed to replace the existing meshes, then creating a new ARMO/armor addon is only useful if the ARMA/armor is referencing it and has the races set up correctly.

Also make sure the nails are referencing the same bodypart data as the feet (should be slot 37).

14 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

If this is supposed to replace the existing meshes, then creating a new ARMO/armor addon is only useful if the ARMA/armor is referencing it and has the races set up correctly.

Also make sure the nails are referencing the same bodypart data as the feet (should be slot 37).

I dunno what you mean by " ARMA/armor is referencing it and has the races set up correctly" but yes the feet are in that slot.

All i did after making the feet and adding the weights on bodyslide was opening the CK going to the "ARMORADDON" and then i went to "NakedFeetArgonian"  and "NakedFeetKhajiit" and i changed the file mesh path for the female feet from "femalefeet_1" to the file i created named "femalefeetbeast_1" (I also made both weights for the feet) and then i saved the .esp and came back to the game and character was using the same feet as the human races.

Do i need to use nifskope?

23 minutes ago, Pickle_Juice said:

I dunno what you mean by " ARMA/armor is referencing it and has the races set up correctly" but yes the feet are in that slot.

All i did after making the feet and adding the weights on bodyslide was opening the CK going to the "ARMORADDON" and then i went to "NakedFeetArgonian"  and "NakedFeetKhajiit" and i changed the file mesh path for the female feet from "femalefeet_1" to the file i created named "femalefeetbeast_1" (I also made both weights for the feet) and then i saved the .esp and came back to the game and character was using the same feet as the human races.

Do i need to use nifskope?

No, shouldn't need nifskope for this.

Can you drop a copy of the feet here?  Also a copy of the esp?

Also, make sure your esp is loading, and is the last thing in the load order.

2 minutes ago, Yakub said:

Nails in your mesh use slot 33 (hands), I recommend nifskope to quickly change this.

That's what i was thinking but i don't know which slot to use in nifskope, cause at least in my Nifskope i don't see the name of the slots, just the numbers, so which slot do you recommend me to use?

1 minute ago, Pickle_Juice said:

That's what i was thinking but i don't know which slot to use in nifskope, cause at least in my Nifskope i don't see the name of the slots, just the numbers, so which slot do you recommend me to use?

37 (feet), of course

5 minutes ago, Yakub said:

37 (feet), of course

Wait... you said they're using the slot 33? where do you see that?.

I don't see any 33 on nifskope...

UPDATE: NVM, i didn't update the page, so your link didn't showed up, i saw it on your link where to find that, i'll fix that and see if that does it.

2 minutes ago, Pickle_Juice said:

Wait... you said they're using the slot 33? where do you see that?.

I don't see any 33 on nifskope...

feet.png.46267acdc08b71c7f1b36ec113b636c4.png

Also, nails still use UV of original mesh, you should reposition it to actual feet nails.

Spoiler

uv.png.f3ef2b36a50c222b63b524f7e7154541.png

11 minutes ago, Yakub said:

That's fixed the issue! thanks a lot! i had no idea about that NifSkope thingy! now if i have the spare time i might do some nails textures for both the hands and the feet. thanks a lot!.

20190610123951_1.jpg.738720be9ef201efac09d7cd537a312a.jpg

5 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

I just tried them and they worked! you did the same process too? now i was going to say that didn't wanted to fix them yourself but you did it too quick! i wanted to learn to do it myself, cause i want to get into modding and know how to fix issues 'n stuff, but i really apreciate you lending a helping hand! means a lot!

Thanks both of you guys!

2 minutes ago, Pickle_Juice said:

That's fixed the issue! thanks a lot! i had no idea about that NifSkope thingy! now if i have the spare time i might do some nails textures for both the hands and the feet. thanks a lot!.

20190610123951_1.jpg.738720be9ef201efac09d7cd537a312a.jpg

I just tried them and they worked! you did the same process too? now i was going to say that didn't wanted to fix them yourself but you did it too quick! i wanted to learn to do it myself, cause i want to get into modding and know how to fix issues 'n stuff, but i really apreciate you lending a helping hand! means a lot!

Thanks both of you guys!

You're welcome.  In Nifskope, this is what you would want to be looking at:

Capture.JPG.87f670d4efbd952d8fea9a7ef483948e.JPG

The other issue was that two of the NiTriShapes were sharing a block of data, which can also cause problems.

2 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

You're welcome.  In Nifskope, this is what you would want to be looking at:

Capture.JPG.87f670d4efbd952d8fea9a7ef483948e.JPG

The other issue was that two of the NiTriShapes were sharing a block of data, which can also cause problems.

Yeah that's something i belived was causing and issue.

So i went to blender and merge both "Claws" and weighted the meshes in blender and it was more easier!

Thanks for all the help!

• 1 year later...