Sims 4 free on Origin

26 minutes ago, Darklord09 said:

it would be a good idea to mention here if anyone hasn't already got the game

as far as i understood, the Base Game is offered free of charges. still — and i agree with you: it's a great opportunity for those who haven't bought it.
thanks for sharing, Darklord.

cheers.

Paradox did this with Crusader Kings 2 a year ago-- another game with a TON of DLCs.

Seems like a smart business strategy for these kinds of games, really. The base game's old enough that DLCs probably outsell the base game by a wide margin at this point, and it's sold enough to cover its own costs. So the $$$ they lose from people getting the Sims 4 for free when they would have bought it (a much smaller number than the people who are only getting it because it's free) probably pales in comparison to the $$$ they'll get for DLCs from people who wouldn't have bought the base game anyway.

Which reminds me of something I learned on Antiques Roadshow, of all things. But some turn-of-the-century company offered people free phonographs-- the deal was it was sized in such a way that the only records that would fit and could be played were the ones that same company sold.

2 hours ago, Yakis0ba said:

Paradox did this with Crusader Kings 2 a year ago-- another game with a TON of DLCs.

Seems like a smart business strategy for these kinds of games, really. The base game's old enough that DLCs probably outsell the base game by a wide margin at this point, and it's sold enough to cover its own costs. So the $$$ they lose from people getting the Sims 4 for free when they would have bought it (a much smaller number than the people who are only getting it because it's free) probably pales in comparison to the $$$ they'll get for DLCs from people who wouldn't have bought the base game anyway.

Which reminds me of something I learned on Antiques Roadshow, of all things. But some turn-of-the-century company offered people free phonographs-- the deal was it was sized in such a way that the only records that would fit and could be played were the ones that same company sold.

Its like those free taste test stalls in the supermarkets, they lure people to taste their products, to get known.

I came to LL just now to post a thread about this but you beat me to it, OP!

This game is absolutely worth checking out! If you were even remotely on the fence about trying it, now is your chance. For those folks who are looking for a good game with lewd content, definitely pick up a copy while it's free. It's a great game all around.

With H-games or lewd games (whatever you prefer to call them), one of the things that inevitably happens for me is that regardless of how good the adult content is, I'm gonna get bored and stop playing if the game itself is lacking in actual gameplay mechanics or challenge. I picked up The Sims 4 when it was on sale a month or so ago almost exclusively because I have seen some of the mods here on LL and wanted to check out what kind of lewd stuff the game had to offer.

To be honest though, I've found myself spending more time just playing the game itself, and the sex and adult stuff has all kinda been pushed to the sidelines for me at this point. Sure, sex is still a part of the game, but I've been really enjoying just leveling up my sims skills, exploring the world, interacting with other characters and creating awesome houses and new custom sims. You can share houses or sims you've made with friends too... and it's pretty unreal how much custom content there is for this game (not just adult-oriented stuff). You almost don't even need to buy any of the DLC's because there are so many complex and well-made mods available.

If you get bored of H-games not having actual content to back up the H-stuff and you want to play a game that has real gameplay value and replayability with some H-scenes added in as a bonus, then The Sims 4 is definitely up your alley. And you can't beat the low price of free...

On 5/22/2019 at 9:19 AM, aifman7 said:

I came to LL just now to post a thread about this but you beat me to it, OP!

This game is absolutely worth checking out! If you were even remotely on the fence about trying it, now is your chance. For those folks who are looking for a good game with lewd content, definitely pick up a copy while it's free. It's a great game all around.

With H-games or lewd games (whatever you prefer to call them), one of the things that inevitably happens for me is that regardless of how good the adult content is, I'm gonna get bored and stop playing if the game itself is lacking in actual gameplay mechanics or challenge. I picked up The Sims 4 when it was on sale a month or so ago almost exclusively because I have seen some of the mods here on LL and wanted to check out what kind of lewd stuff the game had to offer.

To be honest though, I've found myself spending more time just playing the game itself, and the sex and adult stuff has all kinda been pushed to the sidelines for me at this point. Sure, sex is still a part of the game, but I've been really enjoying just leveling up my sims skills, exploring the world, interacting with other characters and creating awesome houses and new custom sims. You can share houses or sims you've made with friends too... and it's pretty unreal how much custom content there is for this game (not just adult-oriented stuff). You almost don't even need to buy any of the DLC's because there are so many complex and well-made mods available.

If you get bored of H-games not having actual content to back up the H-stuff and you want to play a game that has real gameplay value and replayability with some H-scenes added in as a bonus, then The Sims 4 is definitely up your alley. And you can't beat the low price of free...

I have to agree with  you on this, for the most part I don't use Wicked whims unless I need it for story moment (screenshots of sex) and focus more on the general gameplay.  Although their are some great mods out there that I can't live without that are non-adult that focus on improving current sim features.

Archived