[mod] [Europa Universalis IV] Cosmopolitan Universalis

On 6/6/2019 at 8:56 AM, heyihui said:

I haven't found it anywhere anathanist brothel how to build 

During Age of Reformation or Age of Discovery, when Catholic reform desire = 95% visit the brothel.

Event involving Cardinal > Use decision Appoint Cardinal as Minister > more events > Anathanism Religion.

Choose Top Option in events for Anathanism.

Walkthrough with Pictures

Spoiler

eu4_239.thumb.png.94a4f8b460d69eb1c2af5c30f45d1362.png

eu4_240.thumb.png.83266f7fd05cd62c5174f9a5ed9456af.png

eu4_241.thumb.png.6aedd6a063a71180314d7a390d42cbe3.png

eu4_242.thumb.png.085ab34148c0c823dd02be2228071d88.png

eu4_244.thumb.png.5f5161a21c8021460c53187f37d75818.png

Using trade policy conversion

Spoiler

eu4_245.thumb.png.2236e2edeee4fbe96679038c5b6830e1.png

eu4_246.thumb.png.6b413caa1ba0ad02e57447a1c0053b3e.png

eu4_247.thumb.png.d707522e1dfb0419cd416f8e311bfd18.png

eu4_248.thumb.png.0768ad9ad8c047c9629a84370c871bf2.png

eu4_250.thumb.png.6c5207960811b4cc484f96c9842edce1.png

eu4_249.thumb.png.bc7cb92c65c63484fea129b7fb995cdb.png

0.51 uploaded

Patch Notes

Spoiler

Harem content (courtesy of aabbb)

Spoiler

- Demand Concubine Decision As the Ottomans, you can demand another country to send you a royal family member as a concubine for your harem. They need to be militarily weaker and feel threatened by you in order to accept. Then you are given the choice between which relative of the ruler you will have.

-Palace Audiences As the Ottomans, you can choose between who you want to receive at your imperial hall. They can be a Mughal or a Venetian ambassador, a Pasha (province governor) or a struggling poor family. Each has a chance of giving you positive effects and a hot girl or negative effects and nothing.

- Occupy Enemy Capital and Capture Harem As a Muslim country, you can occupy the capital of a Muslim enemy and thus take their harem from them. Will eventually lead to more events.

- Harem Power Struggle Two concubines fight over you, so essentially you have four choices: Favor one, favor the other, punish them both or let the Valide Sultan take care of it. Includes some hot scenes, and after a year or so you get more depending on what you chose.

- Strange New Concubine As the Ottomans, a new concubine brings very significant dangers and opportunities (don't want to spoil it).

Major Overhaul and removal of decisions in favor of buildings

Spoiler

-3 New Buildings

Slave Market- build in overseas centers of trade. Grants one captured slave modifier with construction from region. More can be gained through capture slave events from piracy or devastation during war. Changes trade goods to slaves.

Brothel District- Build in centers of trade, changes trade good to prostitutes.

Port of Pleasure- Buildable in certain coastal areas and islands. Changes trade good to prostitutes. Grants prostitutes from local region.

-3 New actions (instant, 1-day actions in building window)

Export Madam- Useable in provinces with a madam that contain either a port of pleasure or a brothel district and a world port or greater.

Import Madam- Available in provinces with a Port of Pleasure or those with both a World Port or greater center of trade and a Brothel District.  Requires you to be exporting a madam from one of your other provinces.  Relocates the madam to the brothel district or port of pleasure, removing it from the exporting province.

Export Slaves- Allows you to relocate the slaves from your slave market to one of your overseas provinces.

Import Slaves- Increases production, or if port of pleasure grants prostitutes, and applies whatever slave modifier present in the slave market exporting slave (if multiple modifiers present you will be asked to choose one).  Removes the modifier from the slave market.

Other changes to brothels and ports of pleasure

Spoiler

-Brothel deeds Burgher Estate interaction now available once you build the brothel district.

-{   } Brothel province modifiers renamed to {    }  madam.

-Price of Prostitutes trade good will now increase by 0.25 each at 10 total provinces, 30 and 50 provinces.

-Ports of pleasure in certain areas can now gain new local prostitutes (if it doesn't currently contain their prostitutes or madam) every 5 years if it belongs to a trade company with 10 or more provinces.

-Port of Pleasure provinces will gain a center of trade if the following conditions are met:

If Port of Pleasure province has 10 or more trade power, and multiple madams present.

-Ports of pleasure can trigger a Military retreat event once every 20 years, inviting you to send 40% of your army or navy to a province with a port of pleasure.  Doing so will grant you bonuses to Tradition decay and Professionalism decay in a modifier lasting 15 years, though your military advisor will be absent giving the same country modifier as when they are sent elsewhere by the mod.  This lasts 45 days.
Requires a province with port of pleasure, those with a larger center of trade will have a greater effect.  Also requires your country to be at peace, have a military advisor, army/navy at least 60% of your force limit, and either: level 3 of any military advisor's affair modifier, 80 tradition, or 80% professionalism.

-New Prostitutes in ports of pleasure now launch a pop up event alerting you of the situation immediately by default instead of the decision.  Unlike madams new prostitutes cause unrest and provide no benefit to the province as they are untaxed and operating outside of the state.  You can send advisor to oversee the province, choose not to intervene in which case a madam may still be found eventually.  Eligible advisors include:

Artist/Philosopher/Natural Scientist/Inquisitor/Diplomat/Statesman/Spymaster/Colonial Governor/Trader/Army Organizer/Army Reformer/Commandant/Grand Captain/Quartermaster

Decision is also available during this time so you can choose to send an advisor later, or multiple advisors at once.

-Madam Search events now have proper pictures for Indochina, East Indies, China, and Korean prostitutes.  Sending advisor costs 50 of their Monarch Point and now gives a modifier based on the type of advisor sent for the duration they are away:

Mil Advisor
-50% Manpower recovery
+20% shock damage received
-20% movement speed for your units

Adm Advisor
+50% cost for stability modification
+25% All power cost

Dip Advisor
+50% harsh treatment cost
+50% fabricate claim cost
+50% envoy travel time
-1 available diplomats

Random outcome event now happens once every 2 months instead of 7 days.  Outcomes are:

-Inspired gives Splendor or Prestige as well as +50 in their monarch type.
-Nothing (search continues)
-Madam is found (ends search, removes modifiers)

At anytime you can choose to let locals take over search, it may however take longer before the madam is found and the new prostitutes modifier may wear off before you get the event.

Other changes to Slavery

-Capturing slaves through devastation or piracy will give you the option to send the slaves to a unoccupied slave market you own.  If you have a market in the area this will be free, otherwise it will cost ADM points.  If you have a Barbary subject you can sell the slaves through them for ducats with no cost.
-Updated slave capture events to reference target province and owner.

Anathanist Religion

-Event in ports of pleasure with a World Port that grants the "Anathanist brothel proselytizing" trade modifier.  This allows for conversion via the Propagate Religion trade policy if other criteria are also met (this can also be applied through visiting the brothel in Europe).
-Anathanist missionary cost while converting a province is now 100% higher (this can be lowered with certain other modifiers like the inquisitor's affair modifier)

Other changes
-Trader affair modifier affecting cost of upgrading center of trade reduced from -50 to 30%
-Inquisitor affair's ruler modifier now gives -50% missionary maintenance while converting as well as its additional missionary.

-Fixed Utsunomiya modifier error
-other minor fixes

• 2 weeks later...

0.52 released

Might still have a few bugs, I will test it out this weekend and try to upload a hotfix if there is any issue (smaller main file only)

0.52 Patch Notes (6/22)

Spoiler

-Personal Union honeymoons now limited to 3 provinces at most regardless of size.

Female Advisor Chance and Degeneracy
-If you set female advisor through options or Doann's advisor mod this will have no effect
-Female advisor chance now based on your monarch (and to a lesser extent the previous monarch's) degeneracy gaining increased chance at 100/500/1,500/3,000/5,000 and 10,000 Degeneracy.
-6 total Degeneracy events now give a random negative effects (monarch point loss or modifier) in addition to raising female advisor chance for the next 50 years.

African Personal Unions

Spoiler

Currently available for:

West African (triggered with West African trade company province in area, company size at least 2)

Oyo/Ashanti/Dahomey

Cushitic

Semien / Damot

South (East) African
Tumbuka/Makua

Great Lakes
Burundi/Busoga

Congo (triggered with West African trade company province in area, company size at least 2)

Ndongo/Kazembe/Kongo

-Pop up event offering a choice of personal unions, you can also choose to decide later leading to a decision.  Decision explains current political situation in region and all possible options for a personal union.  Decision can be dismissed, or you can pursue one of the personal unions.  If you are not close enough to their province you may discover a nearby province that will gain a colonization bonus in the form of a modifier.
*You Limited to 1 Personal Union per culture group.*

-Introduction event appears when you have a province neighboring or in some cases within a short distance of their province (or their would-be capital if they do not exist and would be rebels).

-2 tiers of ambitions.
Control state/area.
Shortly after Personal Union they will gain claims on their immediate state area similar to Daimyo PU's.  Capturing all provinces for them grants you 1 extra colonist.

Unite culture group.
After you gain control of their state/area they will gain claims on entire culture group.  Capturing these grants trade modifier to trade node and development cost reduction in centers of trade.

Khanate Slavers

Spoiler

Crimean Khanate will now operate similarly to Barbary Slave Trade for nearby nations in the Black Sea area.

You have two options to respond.  You can either:

Raid the Market to free your captive slaves
gain CB on Crimean Khanate

Bribe slavers to leave your citizens alone

-Secretly sell captives from wars to the Khanate for ducats through devastation.

-Sell them uncored provinces bordering the Khanate or black sea

Annex province (will declare war on Ottomans)

Barbary/Khanate Slavery
-New subject type.  Does not join wars, does not send ducats to overlord but allows you to sell slaves or certain provinces
-Barbary Slave introduction events now only occur if you own a province in the Mediterranean or Atlantic Coast of Western Europe.
-Added picture rotation to Barbary capture events so they don't always give the same picture

Request Advisor

Spoiler

Request advisor added for African personal union countries and others who share their primary culture.

When requesting advisors
You also lose 5 prestige now for hiring a foreign advisor
This penalty is applied when you hire the advisor.  So technically you can still shop around if you want.  Though there will also be a 3 month waiting period per target before you can request again from them.

If you have a greater tech level (in their type) their country will receive +33% research for 5 years.

They will also receive a bonus to the next available institution and embracement cost reduction.

The target country for request advisors now must either be a trusted ally, or have 0% liberty desire if subject unless it has a lower tech level or lacks institutions you have in which case it is available for any subject or ally.

Personal Union Changes
-Nagasaki trade mission from Malacca trade node Shunga events no longer triggers personal union if a personal union eligible daimyo owns Nagasaki
-Countries with more than 4 provinces will now generally reject offers of a trade mission when seeking a personal union (with some exceptions like Kongo)
-Daimyo personal union modifiers no longer give an extra diplomatic relation as they no longer cost one

Other Changes

-Fixed Famous port of pleasure event to stop spamming once you meet conditions
-Artist affair modifier reducing advisor cost changed from 75% to 50%
-Fixed localization for gold province modifier from Master of Mint affair

I hope this helps with ironing out any issues: I thought I'd mention that many of the files have data errors and cannot be extracted. They are always the zip files and there is usually one per .rar download that is corrupted. I wish I could give more information but the extraction programs I have tested with it aren't too informative.

It may be to do with a poor mirror, but I thought I would note the issue anyway.

I'll change the way I name the file (apparently loverslab doesn't like spaces) maybe that will fix the issue.

If you want to hop on the discord if you/anyone has that problem in the future I can upload it somewhere else (a file hoster) to see if that fixes the issue.  I'm not sure what to do to fix those data errors if it is just happening when you download it.  Maybe the download gets interrupted or something, they are kind of large files for loverslab and being broken into .parts it might be causing the errors. 

I'd be open to suggestions if anyone else knows how I could fix this issue.  There have been a couple people with that issue, but the files work fine before I upload and I test them at least once by downloading it myself but that doesn't mean there can't be issues.

0.52 Hotfix uploaded:

-Fixed African personal union modifier localizations to properly say the actual name and not all say Oyo
-Fixed issue with never ending honeymoons on PU's with less than 3 provinces
-Fixed 2nd tier ambitions for African unions will now fire a month or so after they conquer their home state
-Added trade node discovery for African Unions and reduced the needed trade share to send ships on a trade mission to 0.  If you still have issues forming any personal union let me know.
-Reduced penalty from "too large" for sending trade mission from 1000 to 100
-added proper affair events for Portugese Commandant (was using generic European before)
-Fixed double events for Andalusian Treasurer and natural scientist

Doan's advisors are included in this mod.

There are no larger advisor portraits.  If you mean the larger event pictures the mod uses those are from the mod The Grand Exhibition from Steam or Skymod.

New hotfix up to fix a few additional issues:

-Changed building times (for actual buildings) back to 12 months
-Added irish culture back to potential request advisor (must have removed it accidentally)
-Advisors option localization An Grand Captain changed to A Grand Captain
-Fixed army retreat decision so your troops have to actually be in the port of pleasure
-Fixed issue where cushitic intro event for African Personal union was repeating (thanks to Tal for spotting this one)

If you are downloading it for the first time, you need to download 1-4.  Then you need to unrar those 4 .rar files (they are in parts so unrar the 1st file and it will extract from all 4 automatically).

Place the 14 files you get from those 4 .rar files (7 .mod files and 7 .zip files) into your paradox/Europa Universalis IV/mods folder.

You will also need the 0_52_2 hotfix (not the one that says hotfix only for 0.52+ that version is for people who are just updating from the previous one and don't want to download the whole mod again).  Take that file, unrar it also then place the zip file into your mod folder overwriting the previous file.

You will also need to install The Grand Exhibition and all 6 of its modules.  Grand Exhibition replaces the event window with a larger one and replaces the vanilla event pictures with larger better pictures.

So I'm guessing Ito didn't exist when you got there, so they rebelled against Japan?  If so they should have become your subject immediately.  If they exist you have to do the trade mission before they will agree to be your subject, but the military aid thing is ultimately optional (though they may have an opinion penalty/unrest in their capital until you do it at least once).

In about 8-16 months after becoming independent Japan should declare war on them.  That's the purpose of sending them military aid (of course you can just intervene yourself especially since it is a formed Japan and they will likely need help).

Fortification gave them a pretty good sized defensive bonus in their capital (so they should be able to hold it when being invaded a little longer), and sending troops should have transferred the troops to them (also gives them a country modifier to reduce maintenance).

During the time before they declare war, or after, you can help other Daimyo rebel (through the brothel introductions) and they will form as your subject the same as Ito did.

Once you are at peace they will propose a marriage, you can marry yourself or your heir if either is unmarried/18 or you can choose the relative option which will give you a random general w/trait.

Shortly after they became your subject you should have gotten an event called "___ ambitions" (Ito in this case), that gives them a claim on their state as well as Nagasaki or Edo (I think they are called Hizen and Masushi?).  Helping them to conquer this will give you and them both a country modifier (for Japanese personal union subjects this just raises your force limit and manpower and gives you extra diplomatic relations).  Depending on the location of the Daimyo this will also give you control of Nagasaki or Edo, with their historic brothel and a center of trade (it will also change the name of the province).

As your subject they have various subject interactions, once you complete their ambitions though you gain a few extra options for Japan (tarriffs and divert trade).  At that point it is up to you, there is no form Japan option for them as your subject though I could easily add that in the future if people want.

You can help them conquer anything just like you could any subject, but if you avoid doing that then you can free all the other daimyo through the brothel (same as you got Ito) and have them as your subjects so long as you don't own their capital province.

You can also request advisors from them (diplomacy).  That's pretty much it though currently, if you have any suggestions of things  you would like to be able to do with your personal union subjects I could always add it at a later time.

I don't think I can control if they eventually disband the units, it might have put them over their limit.  You won't be able to see the decision if their army is at 100% but with very small unit limits for very small countries it could still put them over the limit.  Or maybe it is just too expensive for them, do they only own a single province when you are doing this?  Sending units might not be necessary or the best way to grow their army, and using the actual subject interactions to send them officers or whatever might be more effective depending on if their problem is money or manpower.   Training units can help if their army has recently been wiped out, but I'll try increasing the land maintenance reduction and adding a limit increase and see if that helps.

Training units does give them a 10% discipline bonus as well so even if they disband eventually or die that bonus will remain for them (this is a one time only bonus they don't get it everytime you send troops).

I can look into increasing their maintenance reduction or raise their land limit and maybe that will solve the issue (if you capture their state they also get another maintenance reduction).  It also might cause some problems with them suddenly having very large armies if they are a decent size.

As for Japan (or whatever Daimyo they rebel from if Japan isn't formed) it's just the one war for their independence if they did not exist when you formed the PU.  Nothing happens to them from the mod itself (they get some bonuses during the independence war but that's really it).  You can help other Daimyo rebel against them, or you could just use Ito's claims to attack them.  Is there something else you would like to see happen as a result of the personal union?  I can always add in stuff later.

Them declaring war on Ito is just because Ito was part of their country until you helped them rebel, the war is their rebellion but I have it delayed so you can choose to interact with the country before then if you want (which I found more enjoyable than supporting actual rebels who never acted the way I wanted them to especially against larger countries).

Yeah, Ito only has 1 province so i believe that might be the reason and PU wise i was hoping for like once they take over Japan or beat them in a war they become the Emperor and you have interactions with them doing what you want, essentially they become a puppet of sorts for you which you can annex or integrate whenever and not have to wait for it, if you know what i mean. So more interactions but i havent seen the interactions after the war with Japan so i can't say much on that. 

Patch Notes 0.53

Spoiler

South and Central America
South and Central American personal unions act like colonial nations, will request near completed colonies and bordering provinces (you do not have to accept).  Also uses tariffs and should send treasure fleets.

Personal Union pop up events
If the nations no longer exist they will re-form in their capital province if you choose to support them.

Potiguara
Event launches when you have 4 provinces in Brazilian colonial region or are at war with any nation that has provinces in the Brazilian colonial region.

Charrua
Event launches when you have 4 provinces in La Plata colonial region or are at war with any nation that has provinces in the La Plata colonial region.

Arawak /Tairona
Event launches when you have 4 provinces in La Plata colonial region or are at war with any nation that has provinces in the La Plata colonial region.

Xiu /Huastec (can form Maya)
Event launches when you have 4 provinces in Mexico colonial region or are at war with any nation that has provinces in the Mexico colonial region.

Pacajes/Quito (can form Inca)
Event launches when you have 4 provinces in Peru colonial region or are at war with any nation that has provinces in the Mexico colonial region.

Advisor affairs added for South/Central American cultures.

Request Advisors diplomatic action (They must be ally or subject)
Added for countries with the following South/Central American primary cultures
-Aztek
-Wastek
-Yucatec
-Charruan
-Tupinamba
-Aimara
-Muisca
-Guajiro
-Cara

Other changes:
-Added 7 new pictures for colonization events in South/Central America
-Added 28 new pictures for colonization events in Asia
-Foreign Training modifier from Train Troops military aid for PU's changed from -10% land maintenance for your subject to -50%, and added +5 Land force limit for junior PU
-Foreign Ships modifier for PU's from Send Ships military aid changed from -10% naval maintenance for your subject to -50%, and added a +5 Land force limit for junior PU
-Fixed issue where some South/Eastern African PU military aid decisions gave Japanese personal union events

Known issues. 

Ashanti and nomadic South American PU's are not available if their capital province is empty when you encounter them.

0.53 Hotfix

-Fixed issue with empty provinces in Personal Union's capital (possible for Ashanti and a few of the South American nomads) would result in no personal union.

Ashanti, Pacajes, Potiguara, Charrua, Arawak, and Tairona will now form in their capital if they do not exist, or if they have relocated you will get the option to send a trade mission in diplomacy.

-Changed Event Pictures for Kongo Personal union

Known issues:

The Xiu personal union if they exist when you encounter the option can be difficult to pull off.  I have the wrong province being discovered (the Mexico trade node is in the Pacific Ocean) so you have to discover that before the trade mission can be completed.  If you rushed to get the "Mayan" personal unions then this can be difficult to pull off before the opinion modifier that allows you to send trade mission wears off.

I will both fix the discovery from the Mayan menu event so it properly discovers Mexico's trade node, and also extend the duration of the opinion modifier to fix in the future.  In the mean time if the modifier runs out before you can complete it you can manually launch the Mayan menu event by typing:

event cosmo_sapu_events.700

Into the console.  This as well as localization for the trade decision will be fixed in the next update.

Spoiler

New File page for next patch

COSMOPOLITAN Beta 0.75

Give feedback/Report Bugs/Get help/Join the modding team/Complain

Join our Discord
https://discord.gg/n6pyWYJ

Mod requires "TGE" The Grand Exhibition (all 6 packs) to substitute vanilla pictures for larger 512x256 versions.  Please use the version of TGE found on steam or skymods and not the outdated mediafire link.  Cosmopolitan includes Doann's advisor mod (you don't need to enable it separately, though it shouldn't cause any issues if you do).

The mod is not compatible with some mods that change vanilla files (for example extended timeline).  If you are interested in a compatible version of a specific mod inquire in the support thread or discord channel.

Cosmpolitan requires several (possibly most) DLC, but most crucially Dharma as centers of trade feature heavily in the mod.

Instructions
Unrar, but don't unzip contained files.  Place all 7 cosmopolitan .zip files and .mod files into your documents/paradox interactive/Europa Universalis IV/Mod folder, then enable them via the game launcher.

If you already have installed the noted previous version you only need to download the Patch Only file and overwrite those files to update to the newest version.

Credit to doan77 for providing 99% of the graphics used in the mod.

Beta version releases have minimal testing and may contain minor bugs, but should be save game compatible.  Always check for newest version before playing the mod.

Available features by nation

Spoiler

Currently available
Not available for this nation
Planned for future update

European (non-Muslim) nations

• Get Married decision/Honeymoons
  • Slavery (outside of Europe)
  • Colonization events
  • Personal Union opportunities in South/Central America
  • Personal Union opportunities in North America
  • Personal Union opportunities in Africa
  • Personal Union opportunities in Japan
  • Personal Union opportunities in India
  • Brothels and Ports of Pleasure buildings
  • Noblewoman affairs
  • Servant affairs
  • Advisor affairs
  • Anathanism
  • Visit Ottoman Harem
  • Visit Forbidden Palace (personal union opportunities in China/Surrounding Regions)
  • Harem estate
  • Forbidden Palace Estate

If you possess a coastal province in Mediterranean or Western Europe

• Barbary Coast bribery options

If you possess a province in the regions surrounding the Black Sea

• Khanate Slaver bribery options

Muslim nations

• Slavery
  • Colonization events
  • Noblewoman affairs
  • Servant affairs
  • Advisor affairs
  • Anathanism
  • Visit Ottoman Harem
  • Visit Forbidden Palace (personal union opportunities in China/Surrounding Regions)
  • Harem estate

Japanese nations

• Slavery
  • Colonization events
  • Onsen Affairs (also available to any others with a Japanese brothel)
  • Noblewoman affairs
  • Servant affairs
  • Advisor affairs
  • Anathanism
  • Visit Ottoman Harem
  • Harem estate

African cultures

• Slavery
  • Colonization events
  • Noblewoman affairs
  • Servant affairs
  • Advisor affairs
  • Anathanism
  • Visit Ottoman Harem
  • Harem estate

Indian nations

• Slavery
  • Colonization events
  • Noblewoman affairs
  • Servant affairs
  • Advisor affairs
  • Anathanism
  • Visit Ottoman Harem
  • Harem estate

East Indies nations

• Slavery
  • Colonization events
  • Noblewoman affairs
  • Servant affairs
  • Advisor affairs
  • Anathanism
  • Visit Ottoman Harem
  • Harem estate

Indochina nations

• Slavery
  • Colonization events
  • Noblewoman affairs
  • Servant affairs
  • Advisor affairs
  • Anathanism
  • Visit Ottoman Harem
  • Harem estate

Chinese/surrounding nations

• Slavery
  • Colonization events
  • Noblewoman affairs
  • Servant affairs
  • Advisor affairs
  • Anathanism
  • Visit Ottoman Harem
  • Harem estate
  • Forbidden Palace Estate (if you have the mandate of heaven)

Steppe/Tartary nations

• Slavery
  • Colonization events
  • Noblewoman affairs
  • Servant affairs
  • Advisor affairs
  • Anathanism
  • Visit Ottoman Harem
  • Harem estate (if Muslim)
  • Forbidden Palace Estate (if you have the mandate of heaven)

New World native nations

• Slavery
  • Colonization events
  • Noblewoman affairs
  • Servant affairs
  • Advisor affairs
  • Anathanism
  • Visit Ottoman Harem
  • Harem estate
  • Accla Estate (If Inti)

Main mod features
At this time some features have European only pictures, rather than disabling these features for other nations entirely they are included with European pictures.

Affairs

Spoiler

Your monarch can engage in an affair with a number of willing women.

Staff and Servants
One time random affairs, granting +10 or -10 Monarch Points.  European only

Noblewoman Affairs
Ongoing affairs with random noble family of your nation, periodically grants events giving +1 or -1 to your ruler's monarch points, also has random chances to be caught with different consequences with multiple options for dealing with the fallout.  European only

Onsen
The Onsen bathhouse is available only to Japanese nations and those that possess a Japanese brothel.  These grant a minor bonus, but give a small amount of burgher influence limiting their repeated use over a short period of time.  Japanese advisors for hire at a discount can sometimes be found in the Onsen as well.

Advisors
Using Doann's advisors (included in this mod) you can engage your female advisors in an affair.  This randomly grants either a unique bonus related to the advisor, or costs you -20 Monarch points for distracting them from their actual work.

Request Advisor diplomatic action currently available for:

Spoiler

Iberian Nations
Gaelic Nations
Japanese Nations

Nations with the following African primary cultures:

• Yorumba
  • Aka
  • Fon
  • Kongolese
  • Mbundu
  • Luba
  • Nyasa
  • Makua
  • Rwandan
  • Ganda
  • Amhara

Nations with the following South American primary cultures:

• Aztek
  • Wastek
  • Yucatec
  • Charruan
  • Tupinamba
  • Aimara
  • Muisca
  • Guajiro
  • Cara

Prostitution

Spoiler

Prostitution features heavily in the mod, with many options to promote your nation's sex industry.

Brothel Districts
Can be constructed in your provinces with centers of trade.  These enable your ruler to visit a brothel, granting your choice of bonuses at the cost of ducats.  The trade good of provinces with a Brothel District is changed to prostitutes.

Madams
Madams are province modifiers that grant significant trade power bonuses and can be placed in brothel districts and ports of pleasure.  Madams are granted via events, including famous brothels of the era or can be made out of new prostitutes trained in one of your ports of pleasure.

Ports of Pleasure
Built in many of the game's island chains, and other areas crucial to trade (but lacking in resources or development) these overseas brothel districts attract new prostitutes from which you can train a madam to build a proper brothel.  New prostitutes can also be sent to a port of pleasure through the Import Slaves building action if you are currently exporting slaves from a province.  Cities with both a World Port and a Brothel District can attract brothels for relocation from ports of pleasure and vice versa.

Barbary Trade, Harems, and Concubines

Spoiler

Nations within range of either the Barbary slave trade or Crimean Khanate will receive an event chain, among the options given is the ability to bribe them.  This will make them a loose subject of yours, and while they won't pay you tribute or contribute to wars they will allow special interactions.

Barbary Slavery
You can enslave peoples through piracy or devastation in their provinces during wars.  Selling them to Barbary pirates (if you do not have a relevant slave market yourself) will grant you ducats and the ability to send concubines to the Ottoman Empire.

The Ottoman Harem
Owning the Barbary markets allows you to sell concubines to the Ottomans for the Imperial Harem through a diplomatic action (economy).  You will also have access to the diplomatic action (access) to receive an invitation to the Harem.  There are a number of ways to convince them to accept including having a truce with them, having more prestige than they do, having sold them concubines, or sending them a gift as well as standard diplomacy modifiers like relative army size, opinion, attitude etc.

Personal Unions

Spoiler

Various personal union opportunities give the option for unique alliances with nations in nearly every continent.  Helping your personal unions to achieve the nation's ambition whether it is conquering their local area, region, culture group, or forming a formable nation in some cases grants you country modifiers and could result in extra merchants, colonists, free generals, and gifted provinces like Edo and Nagasaki with new centers of trade.

Daimyo of Japan
Whether they exist currently or not you can support them as rebels after receiving an introduction from the random event in the Japanese brothel.

Daimyo personal unions currently available in the brothel

Spoiler

Otomo
Shimazu
Ouchi
Ito
Hojo
Imagawa
Mori
Akamatsu
Kono
Satake
Yamana
Amago
Tsutsui
Utsonomiya
Chosokobe
Date
Asakura
Kikuchi
Ikeda
Isshiki
Takeda

African Personal Unions

Spoiler

Currently available for:

West African (triggered with West African trade company province in area, company size at least 2)

Oyo/Ashanti/Dahomey

Cushitic

Semien / Damot

South (East) African
Luba/Makua

Great Lakes
Burundi/Busoga

Congo (triggered with West African trade company province in area, company size at least 2)

Ndongo/Kazembe/Kongo

-Pop up event offering a choice of personal unions, you can also choose to decide later leading to a decision.  Decision explains current political situation in region and all possible options for a personal union.  Decision can be dismissed, or you can pursue one of the personal unions.  If you are not close enough to their province you may discover a nearby province that will gain a colonization bonus in the form of a modifier.
*You Limited to 1 Personal Union per culture group.*

-Introduction event appears when you have a province neighboring or in some cases within a short distance of their province (or their would-be capital if they do not exist and would be rebels).

-2 tiers of ambitions.
Control state/area.
Shortly after Personal Union they will gain claims on their immediate state area similar to Daimyo PU's.  Capturing all provinces for them grants you 1 extra colonist.

Unite culture group.
After you gain control of their state/area they will gain claims on entire culture group.  Capturing these grants trade modifier to trade node and development cost reduction in centers of trade.

South and Central American Personal Unions

Spoiler

South and Central America
South and Central American personal unions act like colonial nations, will request near completed colonies and bordering provinces (you do not have to accept).  Also uses tariffs and should send treasure fleets.

Personal Union pop up events
If the nations no longer exist they will re-form in their capital province if you choose to support them.

Potiguara
Event launches when you have 4 provinces in Brazilian colonial region or are at war with any nation that has provinces in the Brazilian colonial region.

Charrua

Arawak /Tairona

Xiu /Huastec (can form Maya)
Event launches when you have 4 provinces in Mexico colonial region or are at war with any nation that has provinces in the Mexico colonial region.

Pacajes/Quito (can form Inca)
Event launches when you have 4 provinces in Peru colonial region or are at war with any nation that has provinces in the Mexico colonial region.

Chinese tributaries and rebel states (coming in 0.55)
Can be led to rebel against the current Emperor following a random event in the Forbidden Palace (accessed similarly to the Ottoman Harem).

Anathanist Religion

Spoiler

The mod's religion can be converted via an event chain once you reach 95% reform desire in the Age of Discovery or Age of Reformation as a Catholic (same as Protestantism).

The religion transforms the brothel district into a religious center of sorts.  You can donate on your way to the brothel to gain church power, which can then be used to purchase Anathanist's church aspects.

You can convert others and your own provinces using promulgate religion in any Trade Nodes where you have the trade modifier "popular port" from an upgraded brothel district (with a World Port capable of attracting new brothels) or from a proselytizing prostitute (random chance from an Anathanist's brothel).

0.75 Patch Notes *~some day*

Spoiler

Marriage Changes

Spoiler

Royal Marriage diplomatic option is now available for all nations.  The requirements for the AI to agree to a Royal Marriage remain similar to vanilla, but it is not locked to only Christian nations. 

You can only enter a royal marriage if you or your heir is unmarried.

Each country has a pool of possible consorts and if interested will offer a match between you and a member of their dynasty.

Honeymoons
After choosing a consort, you can now choose the location of your honeymoon.  Choose between owned or subject provinces on any continent, and then narrow it further by region.

You and your consort will then spend your honeymoon in 3-4 provinces granting them a bonus in the form of a modifier.

Prostitution

Spoiler

New Brothels

• Indian Brothel- available by default to any nation in the India superregion or that has an Indian Madam earned from building a port of pleasure in the region, or exporting Indian slaves to any Port of Pleasure.
  • Moorish Brothel- available by default to any nation in the Maghreb and Egypt regions of Africa, as well as the Near East and Persian Super-regions or that has a Port of Pleasure in the region or exporting Moorish slaves to any Port of Pleasure.
  • The Chinese, Korean, East Indian, and Indochinese brothels have been redone entirely with new sets and unique bonuses to bring them in line with the others.

Other changes:

New Madam icons for all brothels courtesy of DIMAS.
england_madame.png.2161c7c40f0875a95bec31a6a87157ab.pngceltics_madame.png.398e27f72e32068dd17e26a18b0527cd.pngdeutschland_european_madame.png.0a4f48f33d4f7702307c84570736f047.pngspanish_madame.png.e13cfd79cde26ab8589d2839b417e3cd.pngwest_european_madame.png.d33c43cd15e562527d096c4c79a114e4.pngnoth_european_madame.png.2c1f667fa31efba70b063c8854455548.pngvenedian_madame.png.b4d68cadc2d312b3649985dc274ccd00.pngrussian_madame.png.8e74dea6159d638b3497edac84afa74b.pngitalian_madame.png.81536ece2aac47de6ba672c52d97bfa8.pngfrance_madame.png.abfedce610635f2980dfdab88c396593.pngeast_european_madame.png.a8f3ff48961cea126e3488801d9415c0.pngwest_africa_madame.png.9cf7b4188c0e533f14493d4b15a9f09f.pngchina_madame.png.877211c051e17d62208d2f624ee3d26b.pngcorean_madame.png.52b8f57001f46420046f0f3c4cb68fbb.pngjapanise_madame.png.f2d3d3d424410d148649b55a30db5c79.pngindochina_madame.png.fee919b266c99a7cb7ec0781533bcecf.pngeast_indian_madame.png.8cbda3fa7bdf1a369a7bd138f313399f.pngindian_madame.png.c058f8b50bb2cfa7cd2161cc14243755.pngmideast_madame.png.e6a3a64346cd1d3fb63b23171b240f08.pngmavrian_madame.png.5f81243790de9c4704ec5b1db85f2bad.pngnothe_america_madame.png.a09c6e3c12659c1f160b97b6e5d9c655.pngcentral_america_madame.png.b2677d455fc1bfa0973f87daf9a8b23c.pngsouth_america_madame.png.f5f8161523933bff7383fcab66dd5249.png

Provinces with Ports of pleasure will regenerate New Prostitutes every few years if you are leading their trade node.  They must not have either a madam or New Prostitutes of that type present to receive the event.

This is not currently available from Ports of Pleasure in the New World.

Regional Brothels, and how to unlock additional prositutes
All brothels have been broken up into smaller regional brothels. 

European Brothels

Spoiler

TUTORIAL_EUROPE_PROSTITUTE_MAP.png.9c2cc83c725818ef9584e45b8913d688.png

European madam icons differ depending on your primary culture, but they are all European Madams.

Each color starts out with a different initial regional brothel.  You can then attract additional prostitutes from across Europe by doing any of the following:

Madams
Europeans building additional brothel districts in your European provinces will grant you a European madam by default.  As you get more madams of a type in your empire more prostitutes from the region will flock to your lands at a rate of 3 new prostitutes from the nearest region per additional madam.  You can only have one madam of a type in a single brothel district so you will need multiple brothel districts to expand your brothel in this way.

Foreigners can import European madams through several methods including ports of pleasure, slavery, or conquest of a province that contains a madam. 

Newly established European brothels (Estate Influence Modifier)
-5 Influence for 20 years
It will take time before a newly established European brothel will be capable of catching the attention of the capital, but an enthusiastic ruler who hires from European madams a couple dozen times or more times may encourage those around them to go looking sooner.

Expansion
Owning land or having a subject own a province with a brothel district or port of pleasure in any of the regions pictured above will unlock their default menu if you do not already own it.

Trade
Having a brothel district in a prosperous province you can also attract new prostitutes through trade.  If you also have a merchant, and 25% or above trade share in their region then they will relocate on their own to your shores if not already present.

The hardest to lure to your brothel are those farthest away.  Spain for example may need to build 6 brothel districts, conquer or get a subject in the region, or somehow try to build up trade in one of their trade nodes before they could unlock the Eastern European default menu.

African Brothels

Spoiler

TUTORIAL_AFRICA_PROSTITUTE_MAP.png.4b502e45fbc65dc20e5bdebf66ac3b75.png

Like European you will get a regional modifier icon depending on your primary culture but they will all be treated as African Madams.  For foreigners they will get the West African madam icon when importing madams. 

Additional prostitutes can be found through:

Madams
If African building additional brothel districts in your provinces will grant you an African madam by default.  As you get more madams of a type in your empire more prostitutes from the region will flock to your lands at a rate of 3 new prostitutes from the nearest region per additional madam.  You can only have one madam of a type in a single brothel district so you will need multiple brothel districts to expand your brothel in this way.

Foreigners can import African madams through several methods including ports of pleasure, slavery, or conquest of a province that contains a madam.

Newly established African brothels (Estate Influence Modifier)
It will take time before a newly established African brothel will be capable of catching the attention of the capital, but an enthusiastic ruler who hires from African madams a couple dozen times or more times may encourage those around them to go looking sooner.

Expansion
Owning land or having a subject own a province with a brothel district or port of pleasure in any of the regions pictured above will unlock their default menu if you do not already own it.

Trade
Having a brothel district in a prosperous province you can also attract new prostitutes through trade.  If you also have a merchant, and 25% or above trade share in their region then they will relocate on their own to your shores if not already present.

Indian Brothels

Spoiler

TUTORIAL_INDIA_PROSTITUTE_MAP.png.a09a82af61388f91782ae50ebc3127fe.png

Indian cultures will start with a brothel selection depending on the map above.

Madams
If Indian building additional brothel districts in your provinces will grant you an Indian madam by default.  As you get more madams of a type in your empire more prostitutes from the region will flock to your lands at a rate of 3 new prostitutes from the nearest region per additional madam.  You can only have one madam of a type in a single brothel district so you will need multiple brothel districts to expand your brothel in this way.

Foreigners can import Indian madams through several methods including ports of pleasure, slavery, or conquest of a province that contains a madam.

Newly established Indian brothels (Estate Influence Modifier)
It will take time before a newly established Indian brothel will be capable of catching the attention of the capital, but an enthusiastic ruler who hires from Indian madams a couple dozen times or more times may encourage those around them to go looking sooner.

Expansion

Trade

Far East Brothels

Spoiler

606266499_TUTORIAL_FAREAST_PROSTITUTE_MAP.png.eff2a4883a986ccdcb4b90b0156e03f0.png

Japanese nations will start with a brothel selection depending on the map above.

Madams
If Japanese building additional brothel districts in your provinces will grant you a Japanese madam by default.  As you get more madams of a type in your empire more prostitutes from the region will flock to your lands at a rate of 3 new prostitutes from the nearest region per additional madam.  You can only have one madam of a type in a single brothel district so you will need multiple brothel districts to expand your brothel in this way.

If Korean building additional brothel districts in your provinces will grant you a Korean madam by default.  As you get more madams of a type in your empire more prostitutes from the region will flock to your lands at a rate of 3 new prostitutes from the nearest region per additional madam.  You can only have one madam of a type in a single brothel district so you will need multiple brothel districts to expand your brothel in this way.

Foreigners can import Japanese or Korean madams through several methods including an event chain, ports of pleasure, slavery, or conquest of a province that contains a madam.

Newly established Japanese brothels (Estate Influence Modifier)
It will take time before a newly established Japanese brothel will be capable of catching the attention of the capital, but an enthusiastic ruler who hires from Japanese madams a couple dozen times or more times may encourage those around them to go looking sooner.

Newly established Korean brothels (Estate Influence Modifier)
It will take time before a newly established Korean brothel will be capable of catching the attention of the capital, but an enthusiastic ruler who hires from Japanese madams a couple dozen times or more times may encourage those around them to go looking sooner.

Expansion

Korea if played, or as a subject owns their entire area, and will eventually get all of their prostitutes but there is a significant delay between them so you may seek to use Trade or Madams to speed up their aquisition.

Trade

As they all share a single trade node you will get a decaying trade modifier that lasts for

Fake New World Brothels

Spoiler

North America
TUTORIAL_NEW_WORLD_PROSTITUTE_MAP_2.png.f3e17287ac69b10c0957e1b627f119ab.png
Imitation North American Native brothels can appear in any owned prosperous province with a brothel district once you have discovered 100 provinces in each colored region above, both Northeast and the Plains region have 3 prostitutes each.  They are not available for nations with New World cultures.

Central and South American
TUTORIAL_NEW_WORLD_PROSTITUTE_MAP_2_1.png.2b81c5f028b7098027547df63244e51a.png
An imitation South American Native brothel can appear in any owned prosperous province with a brothel district once you have discovered 100 provinces in the Green region above, it has 3 prostitutes. 

An imitation Central American Native brothel can appear in any owned prosperous province with a brothel district once you have discovered 100 provinces in the Red region above, it has 3 prostitutes. 

They are not available for nations with New World cultures.

Madams Estate

Spoiler

Madams Estate will be available via an event after you build your first brothel district.

Estate Interactions

Spoiler
  • Entertain ruler
    +25 Administrative Points
    +5 Madams Influence
    -5% of your annual income (up to a maximum of 20% based on Madams influence)
    Also unlocks a random Ruler related bonus from your choice of prostitute

• Entertain foreign Dignitaries
    Requires Great Power Status and at least one foreign relation meeting requirements
    +25 Diplomatic Points
    +5 Madams Influence
    Hire a prostitute for your choice of foreign dignitaries (foreign advisors and of age heirs) visiting your court, requires relations with countries with one of the following conditions: friendly or threatened attitude, more than 30 improved relations, neighbor (not hostile), alliance, or subject.

Grants a wide variety of possible diplomatic interactions based on your relationship with the country improving opinion and if your relationship is good enough tailored options like: improved trust, liberty desire, knowledge sharing (temporary technology or institution boost if they are ahead of you), and Holy Roman Empire (if applicable) actions as ruler like inviting sufficiently friendly nations to the empire or improving your imperial authority among princes, as well as petitioning the emperor for membership if neighboring and sufficiently friendly.

• Entertain Nobility
    +5 Noble Loyalty
    +5 Madams Influence
    -5 Noble Estate Influence (if Nobles have more than 60% Influence

• Entertain Troops
    Requires 50% Madam Estate loyalty
    +25 Military Points
    +10 Madams Influence
    -10% of your annual income (up to a maximum of 20% based on Madams influence)
    -Prostitute entertaining troops is unavailable for a year while on a mission to strengthen recruitment and garrison growth in the region

• Entertain Sailors
    Requires 50% Madam Estate loyalty
    +25 Diplomatic Points
    +10 Madams Influence
    -Prostitute entertaining sailors is unavailable for a year while on a mission to strengthen recruitment of sailors and shoremen in the region

• Entertain Merchants
    Requires 50% Madam Estate loyalty and a merchant in a trade node.
    +25 Diplomatic Points
    +10 Madams Influence
    -Prostitute entertaining merchants is unavailable for a year while on mission to strengthen trade power in the trade node for the next 10 years

• Train Spy
    Requires a spy network in another country
    -25 Diplomatic Points
    -5 Madams Loyalty
    +5 Madams Influence
    -Prostitute sent on mission is gone for a year if successful, and 100 years if caught.

• Entertain Court
    -10% of your annual income (up to a maximum of 40% based on Madams influence)
    +20 Splendor
    +5 Prestige (if Prestige less than 50)

• Daimyo Introduction
    Requires the existence of independent Daimyo's and a Japanese Madam
    Gain a slight opinion bonus with existing Daimyos tied to each prostitute, as well as help support rebellions of those daimyo who have been unfairly deposed by the Shogun or their enemies.
    -If you are not Japanese you will lose access to the prostitute making the introduction for the next 3 months while she arranges the introductions.

• Spread Anathanism
    Requires Anathanist religion
    +10 Madams Estate Influence
    +10 Church Power
    -25 Administrative Power
    -Prostitute spreading Anathanism is unavailable for six months while they are working on spreading your religion.
    If there is a brothel district in the trade node that is not anathanist they will receive a heavy bonus to conversion. If you have an Anathanist brothel district in the trade node already she will unlock the Propagate Religion trade policy for the node.

• Reform Anathanism
    Available Once every 5 years
    Requires Anathanist religion, 3 aspects, and 50 church power
    -50 Church Power
    Choose one of your aspects to reform, this removes the aspect freeing the slot while giving you a lesser version of it that remains permanently active.

• Hire Advisor
    Requires Madams Estate loyalty of 60 or above
    +10 Madams Estate Influence for 5 years
    +5 Madams Estate Loyalty

• Force all prostitutes to districts
    Requires an owned province with New Prostitutes with no madam search underway.
    - 25 Administrative Points
    +15 Madams Estate loyalty
    Removes all new prostitute modifiers in provinces not searching for a new madam.

• Exempt Madams from taxes
    Available once every 5 years unless brothels have been taxed
    Provinces with Brothel Districts and Ports of Pleasure will receive -25% Tax income for 5 years
    -10 Madams Influence for 5 years
    +10 Madams Loyalty for 5 years

• Brothel Tax
    Available once every 5 years unless brothels are exempted
    Requires at least one owned brothel district, tax can be increased by increasing the value of a brothel district though madams or building more districts in owned centers of trade
    -20 Burgher influence for 5 years
    -20 Burgher Loyalty
    +25% Yearly Income (up to 50% possible)

• Promise legal protections
    Available once every 5 years
    - 25 Administrative Points
    +10 Madams Influence for 5 years
    +10 Madams Loyalty for 5 years

• Host Naval Retreat
    Available once every 25 years
    Requires brothel district or port of pleasure with a port.
    -100 Diplomacy Points
    +10 Madams Estate Loyalty
    +10 Madams Estate Influence for 25 years
    Grants Host Naval Retreat modifier to all prostitution trading provinces with a port and enabling the Naval Retreat decision.  The decision is available once you have moved the required number of units to your choice of retreat location.  The province will gain prosperity if in a state, or trade power if in a territory while your country will gain the modifier.

• Host Army Retreat
    -100 Military Points
    +10 Madams Estate Loyalty
    +10 Madams Estate Influence for 25 years
    Grants Host Army Retreat modifier to all provinces with a brothel district or prot of pelasure, and enables the Army Retreat Decision.  The decision is available once you have moved the required number of units to your choice of retreat location.  The province will gain prosperity if in a state, or trade power if in a territory while your country will gain the modifier.

• Purchase Prostitutes from Slavers
    Requires a bribed slaver subject
    Available once every 15 years
    -25% Yearly income
    -10 Madams Estate influence for 15 years
    Grants new brothel page you don't yet own from the origins of the slaves located in the bribed slavers market.

• Revoke Madam License
    Requires a madam
    -5 Madams Estate Loyalty
    -5 Madams Estate Influence for 3 years
    Revoke a madam's license in one of your provinces, you lose the modifier but none of the available prostitutes granted

• Seduce Clergy
    Requires Anathanism Conversion disaster active and a Church controlled province or seat of a cardinal not converted to Anathanism.
    +10% Madams Estate Loyalty
    +10% Church Estate Loyalty
    -25 Administrative Points
    -Prostitute of your choice is sent to seduce the clergyman in control of the province with a chance of forcing conversion.

• Seduce Nobility
    Requires Anathanism Conversion disaster active and a Noble controlled province not converted to Anathanism.
    +10% Madams Estate Loyalty
    +10% Noble Estate Loyalty
    -25 Administrative Points
    -Prostitute of your choice is sent to seduce the Nobility in control of the province with a chance of forcing conversion.

Events that affect influence/loyalty of Madams Estate

New Prostitutes
Any new set of 3 prostitutes becoming available to the Madams

+5 Madams Loyalty

-5 Madams Estate Influence for 25 years (this modifier is removed if the current ruler has too often hired their services, or had affairs with women from their culture group)

Affairs

Spoiler

Advisor Affairs
Available whenever you have a female advisor as they and your ruler are in constant contact.  Most advisors have 3 tiers of rewards, but can give a mild negative reward as well subtracting a modest amount of ADM, DIP or MIL depending on their type. 

Noblewoman Affairs

Spoiler

Usable once per 1000 degeneracy
Available to any European culture

You will have a choice of seducing a member of a visiting Noble family.  They will be based out of a random noble owned province.

No longer will your ruler randomly gain or lose 1 point.  Instead you will gain only a random reward of either +1 Monarch point to your ruler (limit 1 Monarch point per type) or a scaling reward based on the development of the Noble's province.

Noblewoman affairs will also temporarily give +5 Noble Influence for the next 5 years, in addition to a small chance that you are caught.  Ending the affair will reduce Noble influence by 25 points for 5 years.

Here's an example of how the new Noblewoman affair will work:

Randomly your ruler may get a +1 DIP bonus from a noblewoman affair (these occur every 3-9 months while the affair is active).

If they already have this they will instead get Diplomatic points equal to 4 times the # of the Noblewoman's home province's yearly base production.

A large noble province like Toledo if held by nobles for example would give 24 ADM, 20 DIP, or 16 MIL depending on the event you get but if you have developed it you could get an even larger reward.

The same is true for random ADM or MIL events.  So the more powerful your noble provinces the more beneficial noblewoman affairs are (but on the other hand if you get caught it could cause a more serious problem depending on how you respond and if it caues them to rebel).

Your ruler's side affairs

Your has particular tastes in women.  While they certainly have many options there is one in particular that appeals to them more than any other.

Each ruler has a choice of one side affair type, each will give a persistant modifier while the ruler is active as well as other bonuses or opportunities unique to the affair type.

Servant Affairs

Sauna (Banya if Russian, Bastu if Swedish)

Convent

Onsen
Available for Japanese nations and any country with a Japanese brothel, as well as:

One of the following:
-dominance over the Nippon trade node
-owning more than 4 Japanese provinces not owned by a Trade Company and in a state
-having a Japanese subject with 100 loyalty.

The onsen bathhouse provides a random encounter with a random minor bonus.

Each visit adds to burgher influence temporarily.

Random opportunity to meet and have the option to hire one of 19 Japanese advisors (out of 60 total possible encounters)

Dancing Women
Available for Hindu and Buddhist nations and any country with an Indian/Indochina brothel, as well as either:
-dominance in an Indian/Indochinese trade node
-owning more than 4 Hindu/Buddhist provinces not owned by a Trade Company and in a state
-having a Hindu/buddhist subject with 0 liberty desire or a completed ambition.

+5 Karma, +5 prestige, as well as +10 influence to burgher or vaishya estate.

New Affair modifier pictures from DIMAS

Japanese_bath.png.d65543f8caac67ed8160c5c278e788d3.pngdanthing.png.93021ca315759d357483e457b9f2ec91.pngFrench_Maid.png.8d0821d04f89fc5900cac163a27eba12.png

New Personal Unions

Spoiler

North America

Forbidden Palace (invited visitor)
Northern Frontier and Korea

Jianzhou / Korchin / Korea

Northern China

Qin / Tang / Wu

Southern China

Min / Ning / Yue

West China

Miao/Shu/Dali

Indochina (east)

Champa / Tonkin / Muan Phuang

Indochina South/West

Tuangu / Sukhothai / khmer

Malaya Region

Pagarruyung / Ligur / Johor (all 3 can form Malaya)

Moloccas and Indonesia

Kutai / Maynila / Bali

The Forbidden Palace

Spoiler

Visiting the Forbidden Palace

Owning the Forbidden Palace

Spoiler

Forbidden Palace Estate Interactions

Visit Concubines
Access a version of the Forbidden Palace similar to a brothel, but with all your consort and concubines options available.
+10 Forbidden Palace Influence for 2 years
+1 Forbidden Palace loyalty

Acknowledge Heir
+25 Forbidden Palace influence
+20 Forbidden Palace loyalty
Gain heir

Name new Empress
Available if you are not married, can choose any Noble Consorts (PU sets as opposed to prostitute sets).
-50 Forbidden Palace influence for 10 years
-15 Forbidden Palace loyalty

Mandate from Heaven
Each Noble Consort can be visited once to gain 10 mandate
-10 Forbidden Palace Loyalty

The Middle Kingdom (once every 5 years)
+20 Forbidden Palace Influence for 5 years
-10 Forbidden Palace loyalty

Regular Tributaries can be changed to the Mod's tributary type with PU events.

If Tributary borders only you or other subjects of yours you can annex it.

If the consort's provinces are owned by you:

Reduces Nationalism in all province in their region by 5

If no nationalism exists and unrest is 0 or lower gain the following trade modifier in the local trade node:

Favored Region
+25 Trade power in their trade node for 50 years.

Seek Advice (once every 3 years)
+10 Forbidden Palace Influence
+5 Forbidden Palace Loyalty
Choose from random menu of advisors from any owned or subject owned culture available

Make gift to consorts (once every 5 years)
Costs 40% yearly income
+15 loyalty

Treat Concubines (once every 5 years)
Costs 20% yearly income
+10 loyalty

Build Gardens (once every 5 years)

Costs 30% Yearly income
+15 loyalty

Restrict Influence (once every 5 years)
-20 Forbidden Palace Influence for  5 years
-20 Forbidden Palace loyalty

Tour empire (once every 5 years)
Choose any Noble Consort and embark on a tour of her homeland to celebrate her elevation to the rank of Imperial Noble Consort.

Visited provinces receive a variety of bonuses depending on the situation.

If the province has unrest it will be lowered by 2.

If you have less than 75% manpower you will gain a manpower based on the province base.

In all other cases they will receive a honeymoon visit modifier granting: +50% institution spread, -33% development cost, and half cost construction for 2 years.

If they are a subject they will lose liberty desire while gaining the modifier.

Purchase Concubines
-20% yearly income
-20 Forbidden Power Influence for 5 years
Using same determination as brothels, unlocks a new page of concubines (prostitutes) if you are eligible for any.

Procure Concubines
-50 ADM Power
Using same determination as brothels, unlocks a new page of concubines (prostitutes) if you are eligible for any.

If your subject owns the Forbidden Palace

The Ōoku

Spoiler

Visiting the Ōoku

Playing as Japan

Spoiler

Ōoku Estate Interactions

Visit Concubines
Access a version of the Forbidden Palace similar to a brothel, but with all your consort and concubines options available.
+10 Forbidden Palace Influence for 2 years
+1 Forbidden Palace loyalty

Acknowledge Heir
+25 Forbidden Palace influence
+20 Forbidden Palace loyalty
Gain heir

Name new Empress
Available if you are not married, can choose any Noble Consorts (PU sets as opposed to prostitute sets).
-50 Forbidden Palace influence for 10 years

Mandate from Heaven
Each Noble Consort can be visited once to gain 10 mandate
-10 Forbidden Palace Loyalty

The Middle Kingdom (once every 5 years)
-10 Forbidden Palace loyalty

Regular Tributaries can be changed to the Mod's tributary type with PU events.

If Tributary borders only you or other subjects of yours you can annex it.

If the consort's provinces are owned by you:

Reduces Nationalism in all province in their region by 5

If no nationalism exists and unrest is 0 or lower gain the following trade modifier in the local trade node:

Favored Region
+25 Trade power in their trade node for 50 years.

+10 Forbidden Palace Influence
+5 Forbidden Palace Loyalty
Choose from random menu of advisors from any owned or subject owned culture available

Costs 40% yearly income
+15 loyalty

Costs 20% yearly income
+10 loyalty

Costs 30% Yearly income
+15 loyalty

-20 Forbidden Palace Influence for  5 years
-20 Forbidden Palace loyalty

Tour empire (once every 5 years)
Choose any Noble Consort and embark on a tour of her homeland to celebrate her elevation to the rank of Imperial Noble Consort.

Visited provinces receive a variety of bonuses depending on the situation.

If the province has unrest it will be lowered by 2.

If you have less than 75% manpower you will gain a manpower based on the province base.

In all other cases they will receive a honeymoon visit modifier granting: +50% institution spread, -33% development cost, and half cost construction for 2 years.

If they are a subject they will lose liberty desire while gaining the modifier.

Purchase Concubines
-20% yearly income

Procure Concubines
-50 ADM Power

If your subject owns the Forbidden Palace

Cosmopolitan Government Reform (Mughal Diwan system)

Spoiler

Cosmopolitan Noble Estates

Spoiler

Cosmopolitan Noble Interactions

Spoiler

Marry nobility
Once every 10 years if ruler has no consort
+20 Loyalty
Provides random consort for unmarried ruler

Heir engagement with nobility
Once every 10 years (with unmarried heir)
+20 Loyalty
Provides future random consort for unmarried ruler

Promise Improvements
Once every 5 years
Requires over 100 Influence and a city sized province of that culture group
+10 Loyalty
-10 Influence for 5 years
Scaling Administration cost depending on a province's base tax 10x per 1 point of base tax.

Integrate Local Forces
Once every 5 years
Requires over 100 Influence and a city sized province of that culture group
+10 Loyalty
-10 Influence for 5 years
Scaling Military cost depending on a province's base manpower (10x per 1 point)

Bribe Nobility
Once every year
10% of your annual income
+10 loyalty

Build Local Spy Network
Requires 60+ Loyalty
Once every 3 years
+25 Spy Network in country with culture group

Grant autonomy
Once every 5 years
+10 autonomy in the region whether owned by the estate or not
+15 Loyalty

Distance influences from Court
Once every year
-20 Loyalty
-25 Influence

Free __ Slaves in area
Once per year
+10 Loyalty
+10 Influence

Cosmopolitan Noble Estates also gain 2 influence per Ruler affair with someone from their culture group.  This is applied as an influence modifier when you hit 10, 25, 50, 75 and 100 affairs/prostitutes for your ruler.

Enslavement of their culture group upsets them and lowers their base loyalty depending on how many provinces you have with slaves at a rate of -1 loyalty per province with slaves from their region as a modifier when you hit 10, 25, 50, 75 and 100  provinces with slaves from their region in your owned or subject lands.

During their disaster not accepting their demands will cause them to lose loyalty until either you reduce their influence below the threshold for the disaster or their loyalty is low enough they rebel to become independent.

Harems

Spoiler

Visiting the Ottoman Harem

Owning a Harem (any Muslim nation)

Spoiler

Harem Estate Interactions

Legalist Justification
-150 adm
Visiting Harem gives +1 piety

Mystical Justification
-150 adm
Visiting Harem gives +1 piety

Visit Concubines
Access a version of the Harem similar to a brothel, but with all your harem concubine, consort (personal union) and concubines options available.
+10 Harem Influence for 2 years
+1 Harem loyalty
*+1 Piety if ruler has a Legalist Justification*
*-1 Piety if ruler has a Mystical Justification*

Acknowledge Heir
+25 Harem influence
+20 Harem loyalty
Gain heir

Name Favorite (once every 10 years)
-50 Harem influence for 10 years
-15 Harem loyalty

+10 Harem Influence
+5 Harem Loyalty
Choose from random menu of advisors from any owned or subject owned culture available (depending on level of Harem this includes some European advisors)

Costs 40% yearly income
+15 loyalty

Costs 20% yearly income
+10 loyalty

Costs 30% Yearly income
+15 loyalty

-20 Harem Influence for  5 years
-20 Harem loyalty

Purchase Concubines
-20% yearly income

Procure Concubines
-50 ADM Power
-20 Harem Influence for 5 years

Tax Brothel District (once every 10 years)
+20% Harem influence for 10 years
+30% yearly income or unlocks a new page of concubines (prostitutes) if you are eligible for any.

If your subjects owns a Harem

Other Changes
-Non-Europeans will now visit their own brothel if they have one by default, and may get European brothels in their international district.
-fixed Discovery of Mexico trade node in Mayan Personal Union introduction event
-New icon for madam from Africa modifier

-Added support for Russian version (no translation, English text)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To answer your question Bebe I'm not sure.  It is possible the event just doesn't have a localization written for that option, this version was a beta and there were/are some missing localizations.  If you can describe the event or post a screenshot of it here or on the discord I can try to narrow it down but it might be an old event that has been deleted in the upcoming version.

Also:

The current version of the mod is not playable on 1.29 without getting a workaround from the discord for The Grand Exhibition (outdated mods have problems in the new launcher so you need to fix the supported version in the .mod file and also make sure you move it from the new steam mod folder to the old mod folder in my documents which is also where you have to put mine/all non steam mods, and also the frontend.gui in The Grand Exhibition.zip file conflicts so I updated it, but you could also just delete it from the mod .zip as it is purely cosmetic when launching new games).  I can't post it here, but the owner will update it eventually and it is unfortunately required for the mod.

I don't recommend playing the currently uploaded version of cosmpolitan for many reasons.  The mod has not been updated since this summer, but I've been working hard on a major update that again changes just about everything in the mod that is almost done (for real this time).  As soon as TGE is updated and runs for people without using my version I will upload the new working version of this mod to loverslab.  Hopefully sometime in the next week.  In the meantime you can check out the discord if you want the workaround for the current version, and I should post a work in progress version of cosmopolitan there soon.